PDA

View Full Version : questions about income and single parenting

zaepho
August 23rd 03, 03:00 AM
Hello,

For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
information (or where to find these) about..

the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
california

average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles

The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
angeles california.

positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care

If you have any information, I would really appreciate the assistance.
You can reply here or email the information to .

zaepho

Bob Whiteside
August 23rd 03, 04:06 AM
"zaepho" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
> information (or where to find these) about..
>
> the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
> california
>
> average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles
>
> The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
> supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
> to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
> angeles california.
>
> positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care

Dear Zaepho:

Is your "aunt" an illegal alien living in "los angeles, california" without
proper documentation and unable to get a job without a green card? Why are
your interested in how your mother's sister can support your cousins? Are
you a member of La Raza? Is there anything causing your tia to not work and
support her own children as a single parent, like lacking a green card?
Where did she get her GED if it wasn't on the streets in "los angeles,
california?" Why does having no work experience in "los angeles,
california" have anything to do with her motive of being a stay at home mom?
Salud, dude!

Bob Whiteside
August 23rd 03, 04:06 AM
"zaepho" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
> information (or where to find these) about..
>
> the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
> california
>
> average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles
>
> The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
> supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
> to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
> angeles california.
>
> positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care

Dear Zaepho:

Is your "aunt" an illegal alien living in "los angeles, california" without
proper documentation and unable to get a job without a green card? Why are
your interested in how your mother's sister can support your cousins? Are
you a member of La Raza? Is there anything causing your tia to not work and
support her own children as a single parent, like lacking a green card?
Where did she get her GED if it wasn't on the streets in "los angeles,
california?" Why does having no work experience in "los angeles,
california" have anything to do with her motive of being a stay at home mom?
Salud, dude!

frazil
August 24th 03, 01:17 AM
Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the issues.
You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on the
issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.

zaepho > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
> information (or where to find these) about..
>
> the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
> california
>
> average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles
>
> The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
> supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
> to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
> angeles california.
>
> positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care
>

> If you have any information, I would really appreciate the assistance.
> You can reply here or email the information to .
>
> zaepho

frazil
August 24th 03, 01:17 AM
Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the issues.
You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on the
issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.

zaepho > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
> information (or where to find these) about..
>
> the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
> california
>
> average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles
>
> The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
> supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
> to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
> angeles california.
>
> positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care
>

> If you have any information, I would really appreciate the assistance.
> You can reply here or email the information to .
>
> zaepho

gini52
August 24th 03, 02:38 AM
"frazil" > wrote in message
> Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the issues.
> You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on the
> issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.
==
I'm not sure what you're saying frazil, but it seems to me she/he is
attempting to construct
an argument/supporting data for a child support case where mom desires to
stay home with the kids.
In PA., SAH moms are imputed income commensurate with their
education/skills. In this case,
income would be imputed at minimum wage. OCICBW (Of course I could be wrong
:-). I would like to see this
said mom further her education so that she can set a positive example for
her kids and increase her earnings capacity.
==
==

> zaepho > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello,
> >
> > For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
> > information (or where to find these) about..
> >
> > the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
> > california
> >
> > average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles
> >
> > The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
> > supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
> > to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
> > angeles california.
> >
> > positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care
> >

> > If you have any information, I would really appreciate the assistance.
> > You can reply here or email the information to .
> >
> > zaepho

gini52
August 24th 03, 02:38 AM
"frazil" > wrote in message
> Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the issues.
> You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on the
> issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.
==
I'm not sure what you're saying frazil, but it seems to me she/he is
attempting to construct
an argument/supporting data for a child support case where mom desires to
stay home with the kids.
In PA., SAH moms are imputed income commensurate with their
education/skills. In this case,
income would be imputed at minimum wage. OCICBW (Of course I could be wrong
:-). I would like to see this
said mom further her education so that she can set a positive example for
her kids and increase her earnings capacity.
==
==

> zaepho > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello,
> >
> > For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
> > information (or where to find these) about..
> >
> > the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
> > california
> >
> > average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles
> >
> > The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
> > supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
> > to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
> > angeles california.
> >
> > positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care
> >

> > If you have any information, I would really appreciate the assistance.
> > You can reply here or email the information to .
> >
> > zaepho

Bob Whiteside
August 24th 03, 05:22 AM
"gini52" > wrote in message

> "frazil" > wrote in message
> > Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the
issues.
> > You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on
the
> > issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.
> ==
> I'm not sure what you're saying frazil, but it seems to me she/he is
> attempting to construct
> an argument/supporting data for a child support case where mom desires to
> stay home with the kids.
> In PA., SAH moms are imputed income commensurate with their
> education/skills. In this case,
> income would be imputed at minimum wage. OCICBW (Of course I could be
wrong
> :-). I would like to see this
> said mom further her education so that she can set a positive example for
> her kids and increase her earnings capacity.
> ==
> ==

We have a tremendous problem in the West with illegal aliens applying for
and receiving welfare benefits. Read the following:

http://www.fairus.org/html/04107604.htm

An illegal alien mother can enter the U.S. and give birth to a child. While
she is considered an illegal alien, her child is considered a legal citizen
of the U.S. and therefore eligible for all welfare benefits. By court
decisions, the mother cannot be deported if she has a legal citizen child.
She is considered to be Permanently Residing Under the Color of Law and not
subject to being deported. So we pay with our tax dollars for illegals
coming here and milking our welfare system.

The mothers are allowed to stay in the U.S. because they were able to get
here and give birth before they got caught as illegal aliens. That's why so
many late pregnancy foreign born mothers try to make illegal entry into the
U.S. These kinds of laws just don't make sense, yet every tax payer in
America is paying for the failure of INS to enforce our borders and deport
the illegals.

A problem like this one is so much bigger than corporate welfare it is hard
to imagine how any U.S. citizen can condone our government paying welfare to
illegal aliens. Go down to your local courthouse and observe the number of
Hispanic speaking fathers who don't understand our system telling the court
facilitators through interpreters they don't "comprehende" why they are
being hit with such high CS payments that exceed their ability to earn in
the U.S.

These illegal alien fathers are being asked to pay back welfare benefits at
a rate greater than they can earn. We need to deport the illegal fathers
and mothers instead of giving them money to stay and break our laws.

Bob Whiteside
August 24th 03, 05:22 AM
"gini52" > wrote in message

> "frazil" > wrote in message
> > Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the
issues.
> > You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on
the
> > issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.
> ==
> I'm not sure what you're saying frazil, but it seems to me she/he is
> attempting to construct
> an argument/supporting data for a child support case where mom desires to
> stay home with the kids.
> In PA., SAH moms are imputed income commensurate with their
> education/skills. In this case,
> income would be imputed at minimum wage. OCICBW (Of course I could be
wrong
> :-). I would like to see this
> said mom further her education so that she can set a positive example for
> her kids and increase her earnings capacity.
> ==
> ==

We have a tremendous problem in the West with illegal aliens applying for
and receiving welfare benefits. Read the following:

http://www.fairus.org/html/04107604.htm

An illegal alien mother can enter the U.S. and give birth to a child. While
she is considered an illegal alien, her child is considered a legal citizen
of the U.S. and therefore eligible for all welfare benefits. By court
decisions, the mother cannot be deported if she has a legal citizen child.
She is considered to be Permanently Residing Under the Color of Law and not
subject to being deported. So we pay with our tax dollars for illegals
coming here and milking our welfare system.

The mothers are allowed to stay in the U.S. because they were able to get
here and give birth before they got caught as illegal aliens. That's why so
many late pregnancy foreign born mothers try to make illegal entry into the
U.S. These kinds of laws just don't make sense, yet every tax payer in
America is paying for the failure of INS to enforce our borders and deport
the illegals.

A problem like this one is so much bigger than corporate welfare it is hard
to imagine how any U.S. citizen can condone our government paying welfare to
illegal aliens. Go down to your local courthouse and observe the number of
Hispanic speaking fathers who don't understand our system telling the court
facilitators through interpreters they don't "comprehende" why they are
being hit with such high CS payments that exceed their ability to earn in
the U.S.

These illegal alien fathers are being asked to pay back welfare benefits at
a rate greater than they can earn. We need to deport the illegal fathers
and mothers instead of giving them money to stay and break our laws.

frazil
August 24th 03, 05:38 AM
gini52 > wrote in message

> "frazil" > wrote in message
> > Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the
issues.
> > You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on
the
> > issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.
> ==
> I'm not sure what you're saying frazil, but it seems to me she/he is
> attempting to construct
> an argument/supporting data for a child support case where mom desires to
> stay home with the kids.

I wasn't sure what the poster was asking. But it seemed to me that the
poster had decided what they want, and was looking for information to prove
they are correct. To illustrate the difference between an issue and a
position: The issue is what is reasonable CS. The position is that
reasonableness is determined by educational achievement and residential
location. Neither factor is a variable in the determination. For example
Bill Gates never graduated from college. Should that fact have a bearing on
what is a reasonable amount of CS he should pay. I seriously doubt that he
could influence the amount based on his never graduating from college.

> In PA., SAH moms are imputed income commensurate with their
> education/skills. In this case,
> income would be imputed at minimum wage.

Ok, so would a mom, with only a GED, that earned $5,000/month, prior to the
birth, as a striper, be imputed a minimum wage income? Or would a person
with a PhD in museum history who never earned more than minimum wage be
imputed a higher wage, by virtue of having a PhD? The point I want to make
is that educational achievement is irrelevent when it come to determining a
CS amount. What is relevent is their prior earning history.

OCICBW (Of course I could be wrong
> :-). I would like to see this
> said mom further her education so that she can set a positive example for
> her kids and increase her earnings capacity.
> ==
> ==
> >

> > zaepho > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
> > > information (or where to find these) about..
> > >
> > > the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
> > > california
> > >
> > > average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles
> > >
> > > The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
> > > supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
> > > to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
> > > angeles california.
> > >
> > > positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care
> > >

> > > If you have any information, I would really appreciate the assistance.
> > > You can reply here or email the information to .
> > >
> > > zaepho

frazil
August 24th 03, 05:38 AM
gini52 > wrote in message

> "frazil" > wrote in message
> > Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the
issues.
> > You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on
the
> > issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.
> ==
> I'm not sure what you're saying frazil, but it seems to me she/he is
> attempting to construct
> an argument/supporting data for a child support case where mom desires to
> stay home with the kids.

I wasn't sure what the poster was asking. But it seemed to me that the
poster had decided what they want, and was looking for information to prove
they are correct. To illustrate the difference between an issue and a
position: The issue is what is reasonable CS. The position is that
reasonableness is determined by educational achievement and residential
location. Neither factor is a variable in the determination. For example
Bill Gates never graduated from college. Should that fact have a bearing on
what is a reasonable amount of CS he should pay. I seriously doubt that he
could influence the amount based on his never graduating from college.

> In PA., SAH moms are imputed income commensurate with their
> education/skills. In this case,
> income would be imputed at minimum wage.

Ok, so would a mom, with only a GED, that earned $5,000/month, prior to the
birth, as a striper, be imputed a minimum wage income? Or would a person
with a PhD in museum history who never earned more than minimum wage be
imputed a higher wage, by virtue of having a PhD? The point I want to make
is that educational achievement is irrelevent when it come to determining a
CS amount. What is relevent is their prior earning history.

OCICBW (Of course I could be wrong
> :-). I would like to see this
> said mom further her education so that she can set a positive example for
> her kids and increase her earnings capacity.
> ==
> ==
> >

> > zaepho > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > For my aunt and her kids, I am looking for reliable statistics or
> > > information (or where to find these) about..
> > >
> > > the average cost of living for single parents in los angeles,
> > > california
> > >
> > > average income for single parents with only a GED in los angeles
> > >
> > > The positives of having a single mother stay at home (the father
> > > supports her kids, but they aren't married) versus the mother having
> > > to work with only a high school diploma and no experience in los
> > > angeles california.
> > >
> > > positive effects of stay at home parenting versus day care
> > >

> > > If you have any information, I would really appreciate the assistance.
> > > You can reply here or email the information to .
> > >
> > > zaepho

gini52
August 24th 03, 01:25 PM
"frazil" > wrote in message

> gini52 > wrote in message
> >
> > "frazil" > wrote in message
> > > Seems you're looking for answers that confirm your position on the
> issues.
> > > You should look for answers for your issues, and let your position on
> the
> > > issues evolve from the answers regarding your issues.
> > ==
> > I'm not sure what you're saying frazil, but it seems to me she/he is
> > attempting to construct
> > an argument/supporting data for a child support case where mom desires
> > stay home with the kids.
>
> I wasn't sure what the poster was asking. But it seemed to me that the
> poster had decided what they want, and was looking for information to
prove
> they are correct. To illustrate the difference between an issue and a
> position: The issue is what is reasonable CS. The position is that
> reasonableness is determined by educational achievement and residential
> location. Neither factor is a variable in the determination. For example
> Bill Gates never graduated from college. Should that fact have a bearing
on
> what is a reasonable amount of CS he should pay. I seriously doubt that
he
> could influence the amount based on his never graduating from college.
>

> > In PA., SAH moms are imputed income commensurate with their
> > education/skills. In this case,
> > income would be imputed at minimum wage.
>
> Ok, so would a mom, with only a GED, that earned $5,000/month, prior to
the
> birth, as a striper, be imputed a minimum wage income? Or would a person
> with a PhD in museum history who never earned more than minimum wage be
> imputed a higher wage, by virtue of having a PhD? The point I want to
make
> is that educational achievement is irrelevent when it come to determining
> CS amount. What is relevent is their prior earning history.
==
That is why I said education/skills. How much income is imputed is one of
those matters
left to the discretion of the judge. My guess is that it would go according
to his/her mood that day.
==
==

gini52