PDA

View Full Version : Denied Access....

Test
August 27th 03, 01:48 AM
In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds the
children). What can you do?

Clark Simmons
August 27th 03, 03:48 AM
Usually nothing.

In theory the defaulting can be charged with contempt of court or something
similar. Since there's no money involved, attorneys aren't too interested in
handling that kind of case.

You might check around though. Some attorneys can be quite decent.

--
Regards,
Clark, Still Free in Round Rock Texas USA

"Test" > wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
> In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds the
> children). What can you do?

---

Clark Simmons
August 27th 03, 03:48 AM
Usually nothing.

In theory the defaulting can be charged with contempt of court or something
similar. Since there's no money involved, attorneys aren't too interested in
handling that kind of case.

You might check around though. Some attorneys can be quite decent.

--
Regards,
Clark, Still Free in Round Rock Texas USA
http://xld.com - Freedom's Home Page
http://xld.com/public/xldata/net.htm - ISP Service
God Bless America and her friends!

"Test" > wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
> In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds the
> children). What can you do?

---

Paul Fritz
August 27th 03, 04:09 AM
"Test" > wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
> In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds
the
> children). What can you do?

It depnds on lots of factors. Some states have a 'parental kidnapping'
statute that can be used against the offending parent. For example, in
Michigan, if it is over 24 hours, it triggers the law, and if it is out of
state, it is a felony.

Paul Fritz
August 27th 03, 04:09 AM
"Test" > wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
> In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds
the
> children). What can you do?

It depnds on lots of factors. Some states have a 'parental kidnapping'
statute that can be used against the offending parent. For example, in
Michigan, if it is over 24 hours, it triggers the law, and if it is out of
state, it is a felony.

August 27th 03, 05:44 PM
Test > wrote:
: In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds the
: children). What can you do?

Not a lawyer as they say...

It would probably depend on what the custody order states. In absence of
a custody order, I'd presume you would have all the access you wish,
including having the children all of the time.

If there is a custody order and she is in violation of that order, you
would need to document the issue and present it to the court and attempt
to seek a contempt citation.

With the information you've given us, it's difficult to accurately comment
on the remedy.

b.

August 27th 03, 05:44 PM
Test > wrote:
: In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds the
: children). What can you do?

Not a lawyer as they say...

It would probably depend on what the custody order states. In absence of
a custody order, I'd presume you would have all the access you wish,
including having the children all of the time.

If there is a custody order and she is in violation of that order, you
would need to document the issue and present it to the court and attempt
to seek a contempt citation.

With the information you've given us, it's difficult to accurately comment
on the remedy.

b.

dani
August 29th 03, 08:30 AM
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:48:55 +0000, Test wrote:

> In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds
> the children). What can you do?

You need to supply a little bit more info if you want a good answer.

Like:

What state?
Existing orders?
What happened?

Otherwise your going to get answers like the above. :)

dani
August 29th 03, 08:30 AM
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:48:55 +0000, Test wrote:

> In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds
> the children). What can you do?

You need to supply a little bit more info if you want a good answer.

Like:

What state?
Existing orders?
What happened?

Otherwise your going to get answers like the above. :)

Chris Owens
September 3rd 03, 08:11 PM
Test wrote:

> In short, what happens when the other parent denies access (i.e. withholds the
> children). What can you do?

Take him / her to court and ask for a contempt order. Now,
here's the bad news: The courts will not hesitate to throw a
parent in jail for failure to pay support; but, they rarely do
anything other than go through the motions when the issue is
access. Get a good lawyer, and good luck.

Chris Owens

Chris Owens
September 3rd 03, 08:11 PM