PDA

View Full Version : Re: Child support help!!!!!

gini52
August 27th 03, 09:52 PM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> I've seen your postings here and I thought that I would throw my
> situation into the mix for:
> 1) A lot of character judgement(I see more of that than actual help)
> 2) Help/advise/information
>
> I am the father of three kids by three diferent mothers. Two girls
> and one boy. The two oldest are both 6 and the youngest is 18 months.
> I have agreements in place with both mothers of my oldest two. I have
> joint custody of my oldest two and they spend 50% of their time with
> me. This is great so that they grow with each other.
>
> Now the problem is with the mother of my 18 month old daughter. I
> live in Oregon so you have to file papers for legal custody. These
> papers have not been filed until now. I filed them. Still waiting for
> her to get served. In the meantime I have not seen my daugther in over
> 2 months. She has moved and has changed her phone number. She also
> asked for child support. The courts granted her $1200 a month! I make
> $78 a year but they are not taking into consideration that I pay a LOT
> of taxes on that income. On top of that they are not taking into
> consideration what I pay for my other two kids, my personal expenses,
> etc.
>
> I take care of my children in all aspects except for the one and that
> is only because the mother is avoiding me. When the proceedings for
> legal custody begin I will have the testimony of the mothers from my
> other two kids plainly stating that I'm not only a father to the kids
> that we have together but also to the kids that they have by others.
> I'm there for them everystep of the way and I'm not just a paycheck.
>
> I feel frustrated by what I read about how mother's not only get away
> with half of the crap that they do but are also supported by the legal
> system! From my own experience I know that the system is geared
> towards women. I'm sorry. This is my experience. I've looked for help
> with my situation and all I receive is "sorry, we can't help you". But
> you see women come into the same office and are offered several
> options!!!! WTF!!!!
>
> I'm against deadbeat dads. My older brother is one and I'm paying for
> it! I also help out with his kids that he hasn't seen in years. But if
> we all are against deadbeat dads shouldn't we be against vindictive
> mothers also???? They are just as bad for children as a deadbeat
> dads!
>
> I personally do not show favortism to any of my kids but this child
> support order does. It is granting over 3 times the amount to one
> child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> this??????
>
> Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info
>
> LOL
> -Concerned Father
==
What state(s) are you dealing with?
==
==

gini52
August 27th 03, 09:52 PM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> I've seen your postings here and I thought that I would throw my
> situation into the mix for:
> 1) A lot of character judgement(I see more of that than actual help)
> 2) Help/advise/information
>
> I am the father of three kids by three diferent mothers. Two girls
> and one boy. The two oldest are both 6 and the youngest is 18 months.
> I have agreements in place with both mothers of my oldest two. I have
> joint custody of my oldest two and they spend 50% of their time with
> me. This is great so that they grow with each other.
>
> Now the problem is with the mother of my 18 month old daughter. I
> live in Oregon so you have to file papers for legal custody. These
> papers have not been filed until now. I filed them. Still waiting for
> her to get served. In the meantime I have not seen my daugther in over
> 2 months. She has moved and has changed her phone number. She also
> asked for child support. The courts granted her $1200 a month! I make
> $78 a year but they are not taking into consideration that I pay a LOT
> of taxes on that income. On top of that they are not taking into
> consideration what I pay for my other two kids, my personal expenses,
> etc.
>
> I take care of my children in all aspects except for the one and that
> is only because the mother is avoiding me. When the proceedings for
> legal custody begin I will have the testimony of the mothers from my
> other two kids plainly stating that I'm not only a father to the kids
> that we have together but also to the kids that they have by others.
> I'm there for them everystep of the way and I'm not just a paycheck.
>
> I feel frustrated by what I read about how mother's not only get away
> with half of the crap that they do but are also supported by the legal
> system! From my own experience I know that the system is geared
> towards women. I'm sorry. This is my experience. I've looked for help
> with my situation and all I receive is "sorry, we can't help you". But
> you see women come into the same office and are offered several
> options!!!! WTF!!!!
>
> I'm against deadbeat dads. My older brother is one and I'm paying for
> it! I also help out with his kids that he hasn't seen in years. But if
> we all are against deadbeat dads shouldn't we be against vindictive
> mothers also???? They are just as bad for children as a deadbeat
> dads!
>
> I personally do not show favortism to any of my kids but this child
> support order does. It is granting over 3 times the amount to one
> child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> this??????
>
> Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info
>
> LOL
> -Concerned Father
==
What state(s) are you dealing with?
==
==

Curious
August 28th 03, 02:49 PM
I'm in the great state of Oregon. I'm sorry that I left that tidbit of
information out.

"gini52" > wrote in message >...
> [...]
> > towards women. I'm sorry. This is my experience. I've looked for help
> > with my situation and all I receive is "sorry, we can't help you". But
> > you see women come into the same office and are offered several
> > options!!!! WTF!!!!
> >
> > I'm against deadbeat dads. My older brother is one and I'm paying for
> > it! I also help out with his kids that he hasn't seen in years. But if
> > we all are against deadbeat dads shouldn't we be against vindictive
> > mothers also???? They are just as bad for children as a deadbeat
> > dads!
> >
> > I personally do not show favortism to any of my kids but this child
> > support order does. It is granting over 3 times the amount to one
> > child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> > this??????
> >
> > Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info

gini52
August 28th 03, 06:00 PM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm in the great state of Oregon. I'm sorry that I left that tidbit of
> information out.
==
Ah...We have lots of Oregonians here so I'll let them respond if they wish.
==
==

> [...]
> > > towards women. I'm sorry. This is my experience. I've looked for help
> > > with my situation and all I receive is "sorry, we can't help you". But
> > > you see women come into the same office and are offered several
> > > options!!!! WTF!!!!
> > >
> > > I'm against deadbeat dads. My older brother is one and I'm paying for
> > > it! I also help out with his kids that he hasn't seen in years. But if
> > > we all are against deadbeat dads shouldn't we be against vindictive
> > > mothers also???? They are just as bad for children as a deadbeat
> > > dads!
> > >
> > > I personally do not show favortism to any of my kids but this child
> > > support order does. It is granting over 3 times the amount to one
> > > child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> > > this??????
> > >
> > > Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info

gini52
August 28th 03, 06:00 PM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm in the great state of Oregon. I'm sorry that I left that tidbit of
> information out.
==
> [...]
> > > towards women. I'm sorry. This is my experience. I've looked for help
> > > with my situation and all I receive is "sorry, we can't help you". But
> > > you see women come into the same office and are offered several
> > > options!!!! WTF!!!!
> > >
> > > I'm against deadbeat dads. My older brother is one and I'm paying for
> > > it! I also help out with his kids that he hasn't seen in years. But if
> > > we all are against deadbeat dads shouldn't we be against vindictive
> > > mothers also???? They are just as bad for children as a deadbeat
> > > dads!
> > >
> > > I personally do not show favortism to any of my kids but this child
> > > support order does. It is granting over 3 times the amount to one
> > > child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> > > this??????
> > >
> > > Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info

Tracy
August 29th 03, 03:39 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "Tracy" > wrote in message
> .net...
> >
> > If you have the attitude that the cards are stacked against you in
Oregon,
> > then it will show and you won't solve your issues. Ironically I know of
> > many fathers in Oregon who have custody of their children - against the
> > mother's wishes, and settled within the Oregon courts. I don't know
your
> > county, but your chances are better if you don't live in a strong
liberal
> > county.
>
> Although any judge, presiding judge, or the Oregon State Bar would deny
> there is any judicial bias, but anyone who lives in Oregon knows better.
My
> theory is the judges in the larger, liberal counties are under more
constant
> scrutiny by the politically active liberal attorneys who contribute to
their
> re-election campaigns and support them for more advanced judicial
> appointments into higher state courts. Therefore they rule in favor of
the
> liberal bias towards maternal custody. The judges in Oregon are political
> animals who thrive on their power.

Which goes back to what I said about having a better chance if you are not
in a liberal county. One father I know who won custody against the mother's
wishes, won it in Lincoln county in a courthouse near Siletz. My boyfriend
was awarded custody, and most of the household belonging, in Yamhill county.
Washington county flip-flops, but the court system is primarily liberal.
Anything *in* Portland is a death trap to anyone who isn't liberal... good
example is punishing a police officer for doing his job. Salem is like
Portland, but some of the country towns in Marion aren't too bad. Benton
county is like Washington, but tends to be more liberal in Corvallis.

> > Now - you left out some very important details in your post. How did
the
> > courts compute your child support? Did they send you a piece of paper
> > fill out? Did you use an attorney who represented you fairly? Didn't
> your
> > attorney warn you of this?
>
> My guess is the state used the administrative process to set the new CS
> amount. They send out a form showing incomes for both parents and the CS
> award they intend to pursue. If a father blows that off and ignores it,
the
> order is entered by default. An NCP has to request a hearing to challenge
> the proposed amount. That hearing was the opportunity to show the
> exisitence of the two preceeding CS awards already in place. After the
> administrative hearing there is a 60 day period for an NCP to appeal the
> administrative decision to the circuit court for a court hearing. A new
> order wouldn't be set without the NCP's knowledge, but if it was, there
are
> grounds to challenge the order for lack of due process.

I have a strange feeling a proper process was not followed. Just using
$6,500/month for his income, showing he has obligations to two other
children, and imputing hers at $1195 (min), CS was calculated under
$700/month. The only way CS would increase to close to $1,200/month is when
I took away the 2 other children he supports, showed him as having no
over-night time with the child, added in $500/month in child care, and
medical insurance/bills of $100/month. Then CS was calculated to just under
$1,200/month. In my opinion - the only way CS was ordered at that amount is
if she asked for it and he didn't stop it, or someone really screwed up when
filling out that paperwork. I played with the calculator trying to figure
out how they came up with that figure. Of course she may be receiving some
other type of support payment in that $1,200/month payment too. One man I
know was ordered to pay $1,200/month, but only $300/month was for child
support. The rest was spousal support. When he talked about it he lumped
the two together.

> > When trying to come up with a mutual agreement between myself and my
> > youngest son's father I told my son's father to consult at least one
> > attorney to get the facts. He did. He told me he seen more than one
> > attorney. Each told him I was more than fair and he should agree with
my
> > agreement, because if he choose to fight me I would end up with much
more
> > from him.
> >
> > I suggest you visit the following site:
> http://dcs.state.or.us/calculator/
> > It is Oregon's child support calculator and based on the most recent
> > guidelines. Put in your figures and calculate the support payment on
your
> > own.
> >
> > I have a feeling what was ordered was based on the guidelines. You will
> > find that you'll have a difficult time lowering support. Therefore,
your
> > best bet is to work out the real issues with the mother of your child.
> >
> > BTW - don't you just love it that you'll be paying more in taxes!!!
> Welcome
> > to the world of making more than $50k in Oregon. Oh - and I do hope you
> > have a mortgage, plus property taxes, to help lower your tax liability.
> For
> > too many years I didn't and I paid well over $25k in taxes at times -
> ouch!
>
> Since the legislature passed the largest tax increase in state history
last
> week, and then turned around an voted to back the building of a new
baseball
> stadium in Portland, I am working out in hopes of becoming a major league
> professional baseball player since that's the direction the legislature
has
> gone to create jobs for the future.

LOL... then you can go and purchase one of the Street of Dreams homes. I'm
so glad that is over.. now I can drive peacefully without concerning myself
with some idiot driving 25 in a 45mph zone. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

> [...]

last
> week, and then turned around an voted to back the building of a new
baseball
> stadium in Portland, I am working out in hopes of becoming a major league
> professional baseball player since that's the direction the legislature
has
> gone to create jobs for the future.

LOL... then you can go and purchase one of the Street of Dreams homes. I'm
so glad that is over.. now I can drive peacefully without concerning myself
with some idiot driving 25 in a 45mph zone. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

August 29th 03, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the input!!!

Here is more relevant information:

She sought child support without my knowledge. I was never served the
papers and a the judgement of $1200 was entered. I went to the office
to let them know that I was never server and showed them evidence.
They were sending my mail to the apartment downstairs. My neighbor
gave me my mail and I had a letter that stated that I was in default.
I showed them that they had been sending my mail to the wrong
apartment because the address was wrong. They informed me that I could
appeal the decision at the cost of $167. I paid this fee Thursday.
They couldn't tell me when I would be able to go in front of the
judge. They stated that she has to respond first. I informed them that
she has been dodging the sheriff already that is seeking to serve her
with papers that I filed for custody. I asked if there was something
that I can do to counteract this obvious loophole(her dodging the
sheriff) because this $1200 a month is killing me. They said that
there isn't anything that I can do. Is this true?????

I'm in Multnomah county. I am curious as to how they compute CS. How
can they award one child out of three so much??? I may gross $6500 a
month but I bring home $3400. My bills total $2000 before groceries
and other monthly needs. In other words they are putting me in a
postion were I cannot care for my other two children. I'm at a point
now that I have to struggle to buy there school clothes and supplies
and prepare for their birthday parties which happen to fall 2 days
apart. They aren't just screwing me over they are screwing my kids
over!!! What can be done to stop this????? Forget the fact that now I
will not have anything left over for emergencies, family outings,
clothes for me, etc....

With this in mind I can see why some men bolt. I don't because I love
my children but this is outrageous!!!

-Frustrated Father

"Tracy" > wrote in message news:<U1z3b.288515$YN5.200196@sccrnsc01>...
> [...]

> last
> > week, and then turned around an voted to back the building of a new
> baseball
> > stadium in Portland, I am working out in hopes of becoming a major league
> > professional baseball player since that's the direction the legislature
> has
> > gone to create jobs for the future.
>
> LOL... then you can go and purchase one of the Street of Dreams homes. I'm
> so glad that is over.. now I can drive peacefully without concerning myself
> with some idiot driving 25 in a 45mph zone. :)
>

> Tracy
> ~~~~~~~
> http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
> "You can't solve problems with the same
> type of thinking that created them."
> Albert Einstein
>
> *** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Mel Gamble
August 30th 03, 12:28 AM
I'm going for the hot dog concession, Bob. But I probably won't get it because
I'm letting them know up front that I'm planning to use weiners made from
Katz...

Mel Gamble

>"Tracy" > wrote in message
.net...

> [...]
>> to the world of making more than $50k in Oregon. Oh - and I do hope you
>> have a mortgage, plus property taxes, to help lower your tax liability.
>For
>> too many years I didn't and I paid well over $25k in taxes at times -
>ouch!
>
>Since the legislature passed the largest tax increase in state history last
>week, and then turned around an voted to back the building of a new baseball
>stadium in Portland, I am working out in hopes of becoming a major league
>professional baseball player since that's the direction the legislature has
>gone to create jobs for the future.

Mel Gamble
August 30th 03, 12:28 AM
I'm going for the hot dog concession, Bob. But I probably won't get it because
I'm letting them know up front that I'm planning to use weiners made from

.net...

> [...]
>> find that you'll have a difficult time lowering support. Therefore, your
>> best bet is to work out the real issues with the mother of your child.
>>
>> BTW - don't you just love it that you'll be paying more in taxes!!!
>Welcome
>> to the world of making more than $50k in Oregon. Oh - and I do hope you
>> have a mortgage, plus property taxes, to help lower your tax liability.
>For
>> too many years I didn't and I paid well over $25k in taxes at times -
>ouch!
>
>Since the legislature passed the largest tax increase in state history last
>week, and then turned around an voted to back the building of a new baseball
>stadium in Portland, I am working out in hopes of becoming a major league
>professional baseball player since that's the direction the legislature has

August 30th 03, 12:38 AM
And on top of that surcharge they just got...

************************************************** ****************************
>appeal the decision at the cost of $167. I paid this fee Thursday.
************************************************** ****************************
.... there are these hidden taxes in the form of "fees" to use the services the
taxes are supposed to be paying for in the first place. It shouldn't cost YOU
anything to get them to correct THEIR mistake and re-issue an order which isn't
in violation of their own guidelines. A few years ago, it DIDN'T cost
anything, even if you're appeal was found to have no merit.

Anybody out there know WHEN they started charging for this "service"??? I'll
bet you a genuine hotKatz-on-a-stick that it was within the last year.

Mel Gamble

> [...]

>> your

>> Welcome
>you
>> For
>> > ouch!
>> >
>> > Since the legislature passed the largest tax increase in state history
>> last
>> > week, and then turned around an voted to back the building of a new
>> baseball
>> > stadium in Portland, I am working out in hopes of becoming a major league
>> > professional baseball player since that's the direction the legislature
>> has
>> > gone to create jobs for the future.
>>
>> LOL... then you can go and purchase one of the Street of Dreams homes.
>I'm
>> so glad that is over.. now I can drive peacefully without concerning myself
>> with some idiot driving 25 in a 45mph zone. :)

Chris
August 30th 03, 05:22 AM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> I've seen your postings here and I thought that I would throw my
> situation into the mix for:
> 1) A lot of character judgement(I see more of that than actual help)
> 2) Help/advise/information
>
> I am the father of three kids by three diferent mothers. Two girls
> and one boy. The two oldest are both 6 and the youngest is 18 months.
> I have agreements in place with both mothers of my oldest two. I have
> joint custody of my oldest two and they spend 50% of their time with
> me.

And my guess is that she STILL gets $$$ from you.

> This is great so that they grow with each other.
>
> Now the problem is with the mother of my 18 month old daughter. I
> live in Oregon so you have to file papers for legal custody. These
> papers have not been filed until now. I filed them. Still waiting for
> her to get served. In the meantime I have not seen my daugther in over
> 2 months. She has moved and has changed her phone number. She also
> asked for child support. The courts granted her $1200 a month! I make
> $78 a year but they are not taking into consideration that I pay a LOT
> of taxes on that income. On top of that they are not taking into
> consideration what I pay for my other two kids, my personal expenses,
> etc.

I'm SHOCKED!

> I take care of my children in all aspects except for the one and that
> is only because the mother is avoiding me. When the proceedings for
> legal custody begin I will have the testimony of the mothers from my
> other two kids plainly stating that I'm not only a father to the kids
> that we have together but also to the kids that they have by others.
> I'm there for them everystep of the way and I'm not just a paycheck.
>
> I feel frustrated by what I read about how mother's not only get away
> with half of the crap that they do but are also supported by the legal
> system! From my own experience I know that the system is geared
> towards women. I'm sorry. This is my experience. I've looked for help
> with my situation and all I receive is "sorry, we can't help you". But
> you see women come into the same office and are offered several
> options!!!! WTF!!!!
>
> I'm against deadbeat dads. My older brother is one and I'm paying for
> it! I also help out with his kids that he hasn't seen in years. But if
> we all are against deadbeat dads shouldn't we be against vindictive
> mothers also???? They are just as bad for children as a deadbeat
> dads!
>
> I personally do not show favortism to any of my kids but this child
> support order does. It is granting over 3 times the amount to one
> child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> this??????

Pay more to the others to even it out.

> Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info
>
> LOL
> -Concerned Father

Chris
August 30th 03, 05:22 AM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> I've seen your postings here and I thought that I would throw my
> situation into the mix for:
> 1) A lot of character judgement(I see more of that than actual help)
> 2) Help/advise/information
>
> I am the father of three kids by three diferent mothers. Two girls
> and one boy. The two oldest are both 6 and the youngest is 18 months.
> I have agreements in place with both mothers of my oldest two. I have
> joint custody of my oldest two and they spend 50% of their time with
> me.

And my guess is that she STILL gets $$$ from you.

> This is great so that they grow with each other.
>
> Now the problem is with the mother of my 18 month old daughter. I
> live in Oregon so you have to file papers for legal custody. These
> papers have not been filed until now. I filed them. Still waiting for
> her to get served. In the meantime I have not seen my daugther in over
> 2 months. She has moved and has changed her phone number. She also
> asked for child support. The courts granted her $1200 a month! I make
> $78 a year but they are not taking into consideration that I pay a LOT
> of taxes on that income. On top of that they are not taking into
> consideration what I pay for my other two kids, my personal expenses,
> etc.

I'm SHOCKED!

> I take care of my children in all aspects except for the one and that
> is only because the mother is avoiding me. When the proceedings for
> legal custody begin I will have the testimony of the mothers from my
> other two kids plainly stating that I'm not only a father to the kids
> that we have together but also to the kids that they have by others.
> I'm there for them everystep of the way and I'm not just a paycheck.
>
> I feel frustrated by what I read about how mother's not only get away
> with half of the crap that they do but are also supported by the legal
> system! From my own experience I know that the system is geared
> towards women. I'm sorry. This is my experience. I've looked for help
> with my situation and all I receive is "sorry, we can't help you". But
> you see women come into the same office and are offered several
> options!!!! WTF!!!!
>
> I'm against deadbeat dads. My older brother is one and I'm paying for
> it! I also help out with his kids that he hasn't seen in years. But if
> we all are against deadbeat dads shouldn't we be against vindictive
> mothers also???? They are just as bad for children as a deadbeat
> dads!
>
> I personally do not show favortism to any of my kids but this child
> support order does. It is granting over 3 times the amount to one
> child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> this??????

Pay more to the others to even it out.

> Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info
>
> LOL
> -Concerned Father

Chris Owens
September 3rd 03, 08:09 PM
Curious wrote:

> Hello,
> I've seen your postings here and I thought that I would throw my
> situation into the mix for:
> 1) A lot of character judgement(I see more of that than actual help)
> 2) Help/advise/information
>
> I am the father of three kids by three diferent mothers. Two girls
> and one boy. The two oldest are both 6 and the youngest is 18 months.
> I have agreements in place with both mothers of my oldest two. I have
> joint custody of my oldest two and they spend 50% of their time with
> me. This is great so that they grow with each other.
>
> Now the problem is with the mother of my 18 month old daughter. I
> live in Oregon so you have to file papers for legal custody. These
> papers have not been filed until now. I filed them. Still waiting for
> her to get served. In the meantime I have not seen my daugther in over
> 2 months. She has moved and has changed her phone number. She also
> asked for child support. The courts granted her $1200 a month! I make
> $78 a year but they are not taking into consideration that I pay a LOT
> of taxes on that income. On top of that they are not taking into
> consideration what I pay for my other two kids, my personal expenses,
> etc.
>
> I take care of my children in all aspects except for the one and that
> is only because the mother is avoiding me. When the proceedings for
> legal custody begin I will have the testimony of the mothers from my
> other two kids plainly stating that I'm not only a father to the kids
> that we have together but also to the kids that they have by others.
> I'm there for them everystep of the way and I'm not just a paycheck.
>
> I feel frustrated by what I read about how mother's not only get away
> with half of the crap that they do but are also supported by the legal
> system! From my own experience I know that the system is geared
> towards women. I'm sorry. This is my experience. I've looked for help
> with my situation and all I receive is "sorry, we can't help you". But
> you see women come into the same office and are offered several
> options!!!! WTF!!!!
>
> I'm against deadbeat dads. My older brother is one and I'm paying for
> it! I also help out with his kids that he hasn't seen in years. But if
> we all are against deadbeat dads shouldn't we be against vindictive
> mothers also???? They are just as bad for children as a deadbeat
> dads!
>
> I personally do not show favortism to any of my kids but this child
> support order does. It is granting over 3 times the amount to one
> child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> this??????
>
> Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info
>
> LOL
> -Concerned Father

1. You are not in a joint custody arrangement for your youngest
child, so one would expect that the support ordered would be
greater. This may change if you obtain joint custody; and, will
change if you obtain sole custody. About the best you can do is
ask the judge for the mother to be required to account for the
expenditure of funds if you do not obtain sole custody.

2. You need a good lawyer to advise you through this.

3. As an aside, I would like to suggest that you a] consider the
women with whom you have sex a little more carefully; b] learn
about contraception. Once is a mistake; three times is a
lifestyle.

Chris Owens

Chris Owens
September 3rd 03, 08:09 PM
Curious wrote:

> [...]
> child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> this??????
>
> Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info
>
> LOL
> -Concerned Father

1. You are not in a joint custody arrangement for your youngest
child, so one would expect that the support ordered would be
greater. This may change if you obtain joint custody; and, will
change if you obtain sole custody. About the best you can do is
ask the judge for the mother to be required to account for the
expenditure of funds if you do not obtain sole custody.

2. You need a good lawyer to advise you through this.

3. As an aside, I would like to suggest that you a] consider the
women with whom you have sex a little more carefully; b] learn
about contraception. Once is a mistake; three times is a

September 11th 03, 11:47 PM
Hello Everyone,
I'm back again. No progress what so ever. I've spoken with several
individuals(friends and strangers alike) who all have gone through
this same scenario. None of them had anything positive to say. One
stated that they restricted his contact with his son to a supervised
hour, once every two weeks! That is crazy. This is a good guy that I
personally know.

I'm scared/frustrated. Is there nothing that I can do? I appealed
the CS. Paid $168 to file the paper. I just received a response in the
mail that the appeal date is set two months from now! I can't afford
to wait that long. With a $1200 CS order that she has on me I'm in the
whole every month now. I couldn't spend money on my son's birthday
today (9-11-) and will not have any to spend on my daughter's birthday
on Saturday (9-13). Is there some way that I can get a emergency
meeting with a judge????

Chris Owens > wrote in message >...
> [...]

> > child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> > this??????
> >
> > Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info
> >
> > LOL
> > -Concerned Father
>
> 1. You are not in a joint custody arrangement for your youngest
> child, so one would expect that the support ordered would be
> greater. This may change if you obtain joint custody; and, will
> change if you obtain sole custody. About the best you can do is
> ask the judge for the mother to be required to account for the
> expenditure of funds if you do not obtain sole custody.
>
> 2. You need a good lawyer to advise you through this.
>
> 3. As an aside, I would like to suggest that you a] consider the
> women with whom you have sex a little more carefully; b] learn
> about contraception. Once is a mistake; three times is a

Curious
September 30th 03, 08:07 PM
Hello World,
The latest since my last post is this:
Was unable to get either of my children anything on there birtydays
from lack of money. She let my daughter see my other two kids for
about thirty minutes. Imagine seeing your sister for onlyl thirty
minutes every 3 and a half months! While we enjoyed my daughter's
short visit I noticed that she was wearing a brand new $700 Movado
watch! I asked how could she afford that. She replied that she can
afford things like this now.....WTF..I replied that I haven't been
able to do for my children for the past two months and that I have
been borrowing money to make the ends meet. She stated that it wasn't
her problem! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She took money
from my kids and purchased a Movado watch! I still have not been able
to purchase my children school clothes for this year and she has no
problem with that.

She has about 10 days to respond to my petition for custody before I
can take a default. She has hired an attorney to represent her. I
can't afford an attorney. I simply don't have the funds to afford one.
What the hell can I do??? What are my options??? Anyone with any
advice??

(Curious) wrote in message >...
> [...]
> > > child that is paid out to the others!!!! What can be done about
> > > this??????
> > >
> > > Awaiting judgement and a lil help/advise/info
> > >
> > > LOL
> > > -Concerned Father
> >
> > 1. You are not in a joint custody arrangement for your youngest
> > child, so one would expect that the support ordered would be
> > greater. This may change if you obtain joint custody; and, will
> > change if you obtain sole custody. About the best you can do is
> > ask the judge for the mother to be required to account for the
> > expenditure of funds if you do not obtain sole custody.
> >
> > 2. You need a good lawyer to advise you through this.
> >
> > 3. As an aside, I would like to suggest that you a] consider the
> > women with whom you have sex a little more carefully; b] learn
> > about contraception. Once is a mistake; three times is a

Melvin Gamble
October 1st 03, 09:07 AM
Just make sure that all the kids know exactly where all that money went
- especially the one on whom the courts say it should have been spent.
Wish I had something more usefull in the short term for you... Oh, and
if either of those other two kids are boys, make sure they know by the
time they're 10 what they could be in for if they ever hook up with a
female.

Mel Gamble

Curious wrote:

> [...]
> > today (9-11-) and will not have any to spend on my daughter's birthday
> > on Saturday (9-13). Is there some way that I can get a emergency
> > meeting with a judge????
> >
> > Chris Owens > wrote in message >...

> > > 1. You are not in a joint custody arrangement for your youngest
> > > child, so one would expect that the support ordered would be
> > > greater. This may change if you obtain joint custody; and, will
> > > change if you obtain sole custody. About the best you can do is
> > > ask the judge for the mother to be required to account for the
> > > expenditure of funds if you do not obtain sole custody.
> > >
> > > 2. You need a good lawyer to advise you through this.
> > >
> > > 3. As an aside, I would like to suggest that you a] consider the
> > > women with whom you have sex a little more carefully; b] learn
> > > about contraception. Once is a mistake; three times is a

October 6th 03, 08:07 PM
Hello,
Since the last post she has retained an attorney. She finally filed
a response to my motion for petition for custody through her attorney.
What I feared happening is about to occur. She is asking that I pay
for her attorney's fees and any other court cost. What can I do? Can I
ask that she pay for the court costs? I can't afford an attorney so
any help would sure be appreciated.

-Down and out

Melvin Gamble > wrote in message >...
> [...]

> > > I'm back again. No progress what so ever. I've spoken with several
> > > individuals(friends and strangers alike) who all have gone through
> > > this same scenario. None of them had anything positive to say. One
> > > stated that they restricted his contact with his son to a supervised
> > > hour, once every two weeks! That is crazy. This is a good guy that I
> > > personally know.
> > >
> > > I'm scared/frustrated. Is there nothing that I can do? I appealed
> > > the CS. Paid $168 to file the paper. I just received a response in the
> > > mail that the appeal date is set two months from now! I can't afford
> > > to wait that long. With a $1200 CS order that she has on me I'm in the
> > > whole every month now. I couldn't spend money on my son's birthday
> > > today (9-11-) and will not have any to spend on my daughter's birthday
> > > on Saturday (9-13). Is there some way that I can get a emergency

October 7th 03, 06:18 AM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> Since the last post she has retained an attorney. She finally filed
> a response to my motion for petition for custody through her attorney.
> What I feared happening is about to occur. She is asking that I pay
> for her attorney's fees and any other court cost. What can I do? Can I
> ask that she pay for the court costs? I can't afford an attorney so
> any help would sure be appreciated.
>
> -Down and out

Of course you can request that she pay for her own attorney fees. You can
request anything - just like she is.

Have, or have you not, tried to talk to her and get her to listen?
Seriously... have you tried to talk to her - without the attorneys?

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Tracy
October 7th 03, 06:18 AM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> Since the last post she has retained an attorney. She finally filed
> a response to my motion for petition for custody through her attorney.
> What I feared happening is about to occur. She is asking that I pay
> for her attorney's fees and any other court cost. What can I do? Can I
> ask that she pay for the court costs? I can't afford an attorney so
> any help would sure be appreciated.
>
> -Down and out

Of course you can request that she pay for her own attorney fees. You can
request anything - just like she is.

Have, or have you not, tried to talk to her and get her to listen?
Seriously... have you tried to talk to her - without the attorneys?

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Tracy
October 7th 03, 06:18 AM
"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
> Since the last post she has retained an attorney. She finally filed
> a response to my motion for petition for custody through her attorney.
> What I feared happening is about to occur. She is asking that I pay
> for her attorney's fees and any other court cost. What can I do? Can I
> ask that she pay for the court costs? I can't afford an attorney so
> any help would sure be appreciated.
>
> -Down and out

Of course you can request that she pay for her own attorney fees. You can
request anything - just like she is.

Have, or have you not, tried to talk to her and get her to listen?
Seriously... have you tried to talk to her - without the attorneys?

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Curious
October 15th 03, 06:31 PM
Here is what the outcome was:

We went to the hearing yesterday. I went in there prepared with child
support calculations using their child support calculator. The same
one that they had used to come to the original support amount. After I
entered the information for my two other kids that I have been
supporting for the past 7 years the support calculation was dropped
from $1100 to $376. I big difference. I was accompanied by the mothers
of my other two children.

The session started with the Judge asking why he should deviate from
this support order. I informed him that the order didn't take into
consideration the daycare costs that I was paying for my other two
kids, years before the birth of the last one. I informed him that
since I'm being garnished by the support order in question that I have
been only able to pay daycare expenses for my two 7 years olds and
have not been able to contribute my their basic child support(which
was $650 a month...the calculator on gave a credit of $560 per child).
I also requested that the gross income should be lowered by mandatory
fed. and state tax. The judge asked then what should this support
order be lowered to? I stated that I used the official child support
calculator and printed out the results, $376. The Judge and Da both
laughed. He stated that was insane. I stated that I have prior
requirements for the other two children that have to be met. I stated
that the courts have not allowed a NCP to lower their prior
obligations to support previous children in order to support an
additional child(this occured with a friend of mine two years ago).
The judge stated that all are entitled to an equal share from me. I
stated that this would deviate from the standard of living for my
other two children. The judge stated that he is not going to play
favoritism. I stated by him enforcing the current order that he is
playing favoritism. By only allowing me to pay for daycare(because the
parents have to work) and not provide anything for their basic support
that they enjoyed for 5 years before the birth of a child(that the
mother decided to keep) is violating their right to support and that
the goal of the laws and guidelines is to protect the standard of
living for the children. Not to mention that if she is getting $1100
and they are only getting $600 a piece for childcare is a form of
favoritism. He didn't like that he started to raise his voice, then I
started to raise my voice and pretty soon he said that he was going to
hold me in contempt. I told him that he can do what he must but I will
not sit by as he takes away from my two older kids. At the moment he
said that I was in contempt I turned to my older daughter's mother and
asked have I been able to provide anything at all for our daughter.
She stood up and said "no your honor." I asked has my daughter gotten
her school clothes for this year yet. She again stated no. That's when
the judge sat down and stated this was a complicated matter and that
he would like to set this hearing aside and come back to it in a few
weeks and referred the DA to calculate child support orders for the
other two children in order to come up with an amount for the one
child. I stated that she will use the same calculator that I've used.
Why not just view this print out of the result. She said there are
other things that I need to research. I said you are just looking for
a way to sex up the numbers which still would not be right.

So now I have to go back in there in two weeks to see what bending of
the guidelines that the DA and Judge will attempt to do. I have never
heard of judge vacating an existing support arrangement at the request
of NCP to make room for an additional child! The Oregon Child Support
guidelines are not being followed here. He is supposed to allow me to
deduct taxes, child support and care for my other children. He clearly
is not adhering to the law/guidelines!

Has anyone else gone through this? I would like to know how I can
fight this. Are there any other parents out there that have tried to
get a child support order lowered to make room for another child only
to have it denied? If so please contact me. I will be happy to use
this as a part of my plea. Any other ideas are welcomed.

This type of nonsense has to stop. There is no consistency in family
law.

-Curious, Frustrated, Upset.....

[...]

T.J.
October 23rd 03, 05:14 PM
I took the actual guidelines in and read them to the judge. Word for word
then applied them to my case. Seemed to work for me.

You are correct that previous children's support are taken out of your
income and any children you support in the home. Usually this means the
"first" children get more and subsequent children get less. The Support
calculators are designed to allow the children the same living arrangements
had the parents been living together, thus the children born first would
naturally get more and the subsequent children get less.

"Curious" > wrote in message
om...
> [...]
>
> So now I have to go back in there in two weeks to see what bending of
> the guidelines that the DA and Judge will attempt to do. I have never
> heard of judge vacating an existing support arrangement at the request
> of NCP to make room for an additional child! The Oregon Child Support
> guidelines are not being followed here. He is supposed to allow me to
> deduct taxes, child support and care for my other children. He clearly
> is not adhering to the law/guidelines!
>
> Has anyone else gone through this? I would like to know how I can
> fight this. Are there any other parents out there that have tried to
> get a child support order lowered to make room for another child only
> to have it denied? If so please contact me. I will be happy to use
> this as a part of my plea. Any other ideas are welcomed.
>
> This type of nonsense has to stop. There is no consistency in family

Paul Fritz
October 23rd 03, 11:20 PM
Logic is obviously NOT one of "t.j.'s " strong points

"T.J." > wrote in message
> [...]
> >
> > So now I have to go back in there in two weeks to see what bending of
> > the guidelines that the DA and Judge will attempt to do. I have never
> > heard of judge vacating an existing support arrangement at the request
> > of NCP to make room for an additional child! The Oregon Child Support
> > guidelines are not being followed here. He is supposed to allow me to
> > deduct taxes, child support and care for my other children. He clearly
> > is not adhering to the law/guidelines!
> >
> > Has anyone else gone through this? I would like to know how I can
> > fight this. Are there any other parents out there that have tried to
> > get a child support order lowered to make room for another child only
> > to have it denied? If so please contact me. I will be happy to use
> > this as a part of my plea. Any other ideas are welcomed.
> >
> > This type of nonsense has to stop. There is no consistency in family

Curious
October 28th 03, 05:23 AM
Thank you T.J. for your response.

My whole issue is that the judge would not listen to me about the
guidelines. When he finally turned to consult the guidelines that he
had in front of him he actually had read aloud what I was trying to
convey to him the entire proceeding. That support and care for
previous non-joint children is subtracted from gross. He stated this
from the guidelines manual in front of him and then scratched his head
and stated that this was going to be a complicated procedure. How is
it going to be complicated if he followed the guidelines that he had
in front of him????

I have a week left to get a course of action together. I need
help/advice. The judge obviously didn't want to hear anything about
the guidelines before. What should I do????

-Dee
(Things would be much easier if I were the mother!)