PDA

View Full Version : FW: Seattle debut of His Side this Sunday

Father Drew
September 5th 03, 02:13 AM
Though you all might be interested in this very important column by Glenn
Sacks, one of the most important people in the Mens'/Fathers' Rights
movement

- Arizona Fathers' Rights

His Side: Father Spends 3 Months in Jail for
Returning Phone Call

One of the greatest dangers men and fathers face today is the way
restraining orders based on false domestic violence allegations are used to
drive fathers out of their children's lives. There have been numerous
documented cases of decent fathers being arrested for sending their children
birthday cards, attending their son's Little League games, or calling their
own children at the wrong time of the day. This Sunday on His Side with
Glenn Sacks we'll hear the story of Craig, a Seattle father of two who was
sentenced to three months in jail for returning his ex-wife's phone call.

According to Massachusetts attorney Gregory Hession, "The restraining order
law is one of the most unconstitutional acts ever passed. A court can issue
an order that boots you out of your house, never lets you see your children
again, and takes your money, all without you even knowing that a hearing
took place." Elaine Epstein, former president of the Massachusetts Women's
Bar Association, writes that restraining orders are doled out "like candy"
and that when dealing with domestic violence accusations, "the facts have
become irrelevant."

According to Stephen Baskerville of the American Coalition for Fathers and
Children , "The real purpose of restraining orders is not so much to prevent
violence as to eliminate one parent during divorce proceedings. This is now
common knowledge in legal circles....a government analysis found that fewer
than half of all restraining orders involved even an allegation of physical
violence."

This embattled Seattle father will tell his story on His Side with Glenn
Sacks on KRLA 870 AM in Los Angeles and KKOL AM 1300 in Seattle/Tacoma at 11
PM on Sunday, September 7. Also joining Glenn will be family law attorney
Lisa Scott and private investigator Roger Montgomery of Fathers' Rights
Investigations. To listen to the show live via the Internet, go to Listen
Live.

To learn how restraining orders based on spurious charges of domestic
violence are used to separate fathers from their children, see Stephen
Baskerville's "No Restraint on Restraining Orders" (Human Events, 8/5/02).
To read about a particularly egregious case, see "Father guilty after taking
son to hospital" (Northern Territory News, 9/2/03)."

To find out more about police and judicial anti-male bias in domestic
violence-related matters, see Glenn's article "Baseball Player's Domestic
Violence Arrest Demonstrates How Men are Presumed Guilty in Domestic
Disputes" (Los Angeles Daily Journal, San Francisco Daily Journal, 8/8/02).
To learn more about the ways false accusations of domestic violence are used
against men in custody battles and ways we can change this, see Glenn's
"Kitaen Plays the 'Woman's Trump Card' Against Finley in Custody Battle"
(Cybercast News Service, 5/28/02). Also, listen to the April 13 edition of
His Side at Heroic Los Angeles Father Risks Jail Rather than Lose His
Daughter.

His Side with Glenn Sacks is a nationally-syndicated men's and fathers'
issues radio talk show hosted by columnist and commentator Glenn Sacks on
KRLA 870 AM in Los Angeles and KKOL AM 1300 in Seattle/Tacoma at 11 PM every
Sunday evening. To help support the show, go to Help Support His Side with
Glenn Sacks. To get CDs and cassettes of all previous and future shows, go
to the His Side Store. To support the advertisers who support the show, go
to His Side Advertisers.

Freedom
September 6th 03, 06:09 AM
Thanks Drew...