PDA

View Full Version : husband = father?

The DaveŠ
September 5th 03, 06:00 PM
Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
changed. Thanks.

gini52
September 5th 03, 06:22 PM
"The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> changed. Thanks.
==
Some states are reviewing this due to protests from NCPs who are required to
pay
post-divorce CS support for these kids who aren't theirs. I'm not sure if
any states have modified their statutes,
though. I know PA still has this law on the books.
==
==

gini52
September 5th 03, 06:22 PM
"The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> changed. Thanks.
==
Some states are reviewing this due to protests from NCPs who are required to
pay
post-divorce CS support for these kids who aren't theirs. I'm not sure if
any states have modified their statutes,
though. I know PA still has this law on the books.
==
==

Father Drew
September 5th 03, 10:47 PM
It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't tell
him, how would he know to contest?

"The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> changed. Thanks.

Chris
September 6th 03, 03:57 AM
"Father Drew" > wrote in message
> It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
> request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't tell
> him, how would he know to contest?

Not to mention the fact that he is GUILTY of the crime of paternity until he
PROVES his innocence! The Amerikan way.

> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> > Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> > their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> > longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> > changed. Thanks.

Chris
September 6th 03, 03:57 AM
"Father Drew" > wrote in message
> It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
> request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't tell
> him, how would he know to contest?

Not to mention the fact that he is GUILTY of the crime of paternity until he
PROVES his innocence! The Amerikan way.

> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> > Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> > their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> > longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> > changed. Thanks.

PapaPolarbear
September 6th 03, 06:26 PM
"Chris" > wrote in message

> "Father Drew" > wrote in message
> > It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
> > request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't
tell
> > him, how would he know to contest?
>
> Not to mention the fact that he is GUILTY of the crime of paternity until
he
> PROVES his innocence! The Amerikan way.

So... every child is DNA tested against the parents... great idea.

Papa

PapaPolarbear
September 6th 03, 06:26 PM
"Chris" > wrote in message

> "Father Drew" > wrote in message
> > It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
> > request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't
tell
> > him, how would he know to contest?
>
> Not to mention the fact that he is GUILTY of the crime of paternity until
he
> PROVES his innocence! The Amerikan way.

So... every child is DNA tested against the parents... great idea.

Papa

dani
September 6th 03, 10:35 PM
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:57:30 -0700, Chris wrote:
>> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message

>> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
>> > Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
>> > their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is
>> > no longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
>> > changed. Thanks.

> "Father Drew" > wrote in message
>> It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
>> request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't
>> tell him, how would he know to contest?
>
> Not to mention the fact that he is GUILTY of the crime of paternity until
> he PROVES his innocence! The Amerikan way.

Except, even when he proves his INNOCENCE he still pays, but gets the
added priviledge of bieng denied contact or visitation as well.

dani
September 6th 03, 10:35 PM
On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:57:30 -0700, Chris wrote:
>> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message

>> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
>> > Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
>> > their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is
>> > no longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
>> > changed. Thanks.

> "Father Drew" > wrote in message
>> It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
>> request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't
>> tell him, how would he know to contest?
>
> Not to mention the fact that he is GUILTY of the crime of paternity until
> he PROVES his innocence! The Amerikan way.

Except, even when he proves his INNOCENCE he still pays, but gets the
added priviledge of bieng denied contact or visitation as well.

Dan Curry
September 7th 03, 07:27 AM
In California, any child born durring the marriage is automaticly deemed to
be the child of the husband.

"The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> changed. Thanks.

Dan Curry
September 7th 03, 07:30 AM
At least 30% of all children born are not biological child of the Husband.

Basically, 30% of women are cheating sluts who got knocked up.

The number of cheating sluts is really much higher as not all get knocked up
by the prick they screwed.

"The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> changed. Thanks.

Father Drew
September 9th 03, 02:01 AM
Exactly. There are father's out there that have proven they are not the
father through DNA testing, but since they were married and did not contest
in the allotted time frame, they are required to pay support and don't have
parental access.

"dani" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:57:30 -0700, Chris wrote:

> > "Father Drew" > wrote in message
> >> It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
> >> request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't
> >> tell him, how would he know to contest?
> >
> > Not to mention the fact that he is GUILTY of the crime of paternity
until
> > he PROVES his innocence! The Amerikan way.
> >
> Except, even when he proves his INNOCENCE he still pays, but gets the
> added priviledge of bieng denied contact or visitation as well.

Father Drew
September 9th 03, 02:01 AM
Exactly. There are father's out there that have proven they are not the
father through DNA testing, but since they were married and did not contest
in the allotted time frame, they are required to pay support and don't have
parental access.

"dani" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:57:30 -0700, Chris wrote:

> > "Father Drew" > wrote in message
> >> It's true on my state. The husband has x amount of days to contest and
> >> request paternity testing, but if his wife cheated on him and didn't
> >> tell him, how would he know to contest?
> >
> > Not to mention the fact that he is GUILTY of the crime of paternity
until
> > he PROVES his innocence! The Amerikan way.
> >
> Except, even when he proves his INNOCENCE he still pays, but gets the
> added priviledge of bieng denied contact or visitation as well.

Father Drew
September 9th 03, 02:02 AM
And let's not forget the husbands that will go through life never knowing
the child wasn't theirs.

"Dan Curry" > wrote in message
om...
> At least 30% of all children born are not biological child of the Husband.
>
> Basically, 30% of women are cheating sluts who got knocked up.
>
> The number of cheating sluts is really much higher as not all get knocked
up
> by the prick they screwed.
>

> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> > Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> > their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> > longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> > changed. Thanks.

Father Drew
September 9th 03, 02:02 AM
And let's not forget the husbands that will go through life never knowing
the child wasn't theirs.

"Dan Curry" > wrote in message
om...
> At least 30% of all children born are not biological child of the Husband.
>
> Basically, 30% of women are cheating sluts who got knocked up.
>
> The number of cheating sluts is really much higher as not all get knocked
up
> by the prick they screwed.
>

> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> > Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> > their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> > longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> > changed. Thanks.

September 10th 03, 06:31 PM
dani wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:57:30 -0700, Chris wrote:
>
> Except, even when he proves his INNOCENCE he still pays, but gets the
> added priviledge of bieng denied contact or visitation as well.

Why is he denied contact or visitation? Or is this just a general statement?
If he's legally the child's father, biological or not, and pays the child
support, he's still entitled to visitation and contact after a divorce, right?
Of course, that all depends on circumstatnces or the marriage/breakup, but the
courts should decide this, correct? Just making sure it's not implied that the
father paying child support has no right to see the child after a divorce,
regardless or it being his biologically.

September 10th 03, 06:31 PM
dani wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:57:30 -0700, Chris wrote:
>
> Except, even when he proves his INNOCENCE he still pays, but gets the
> added priviledge of bieng denied contact or visitation as well.

Why is he denied contact or visitation? Or is this just a general statement?
If he's legally the child's father, biological or not, and pays the child
support, he's still entitled to visitation and contact after a divorce, right?
Of course, that all depends on circumstatnces or the marriage/breakup, but the
courts should decide this, correct? Just making sure it's not implied that the
father paying child support has no right to see the child after a divorce,
regardless or it being his biologically.

Chris
September 17th 03, 03:17 AM
Note: there is ZERO chance that any woman will get pinned for being the
mother of a child that she is not. Not so for the man. Often, he is held
accountable whether guilty or not. Makes sense to me!

"Dan Curry" > wrote in message
om...
> In California, any child born durring the marriage is automaticly deemed
> be the child of the husband.
>
> "The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> > Are husbands automatically deemed to be the father of children born by
> > their wives? In most states, obviously. Someone told me that it is no
> > longer the case, but I have never seen or heard that anything has
> > changed. Thanks.

Chris
September 17th 03, 03:17 AM
Note: there is ZERO chance that any woman will get pinned for being the
mother of a child that she is not. Not so for the man. Often, he is held
accountable whether guilty or not. Makes sense to me!

om...