PDA

View Full Version : Callers swamp phone lines during His Side's Seattle Debut

dani
September 11th 03, 02:09 AM
Subject: Callers swamp phone lines during His Side's Seattle Debut

Callers swamped the Salem Radio Network's phone lines last night during the
Seattle debut of His Side <http://www.hisside.com/> as we discussed the
abuse of restraining orders and the way they are used to drive fathers out
of their children's lives. The archive for the show is below.

His Side <http://www.hisside.com/> still needs supporters and advertisers
if it is to survive and expand. For those of you who are able, I urge you to
become His Side with Glenn Sacks Supporters
<http://www.hisside.com/support_the_show.htm> .
<http://www.hisside.com/support_the_show.htm> For $49.95 you get CDs of all
shows mailed to you every month for 6 months, and you also help the show.
Also, any advertising leads are particularly appreciated.

The archive for last night's show is below.

Best Wishes,
Glenn Sacks
His Side with Glenn Sacks <http://www.hisside.com/> on the Salem Radio
Network <http://www.hisside.com/>
GlennSacks.com <http://www.glennjsacks.com/>

His Side <http://www.hisside.com/> : Father Spends 3 Months in Jail for
Returning Phone Call

One of the greatest dangers men and fathers face today is the way
restraining orders based on false domestic violence allegations are used to
drive fathers out of their children's lives. There have been numerous
documented cases of decent fathers being arrested for sending their children
birthday cards, attending their son's Little League games, or calling their
own children at the wrong time of the day. Last night on His Side with Glenn
Sacks <http://www.hisside.com/> Craig, a Seattle father of two who was
sentenced to three months in jail for returning his ex-wife's phone call,
told his story.

According to Massachusetts attorney Gregory Hession, "The restraining order
law is one of the most unconstitutional acts ever passed. A court can issue
an order that boots you out of your house, never lets you see your children
again, and takes your money, all without you even knowing that a hearing
took place." Elaine Epstein, former president of the Massachusetts Womenıs
Bar Association, writes that restraining orders are doled out "like candy"
and that when dealing with domestic violence accusations, "the facts have
become irrelevant."

According to Stephen Baskerville <http://users.rcn.com/baskerville/> of the
American Coalition for Fathers and Children <http://www.acfc.org/> , "The
real purpose of restraining orders is not so much to prevent violence as to
eliminate one parent during divorce proceedings. This is now common
knowledge in legal circles....a government analysis found that fewer than
half of all restraining orders involved even an allegation of physical
violence."

This embattled Seattle father told his story on His Side with Glenn Sacks
<http://www.hisside.com/> on KRLA 870 AM <http://www.krla870.com/> in Los
Angeles and KKOL AM 1300 <http://www.1300kol.com/> in Seattle/Tacoma at 11
PM on Sunday, September 7. Also joining Glenn were family law attorney Lisa
Scott <http://www.hisside.com/lisascott.htm> and private investigator Roger
Montgomery <http://www.fathersrightsinvestigations.com/> of Fathers' Rights
Investigations <http://www.fathersrightsinvestigations.com/> . To listen to
the show archive, go to live via the Internet, go to His Side
<http://www.hisside.com/> .

Some of the callers included:

1) Henry, who left an angry message on his ex-wife's machine after she
sabotaged his court ordered visitation with his daughter, and who was
handcuffed, arrested and dragged away from his daughter's basketball game
due to a restraining order based on that phone message.

2) Jay, a Seattle father who had a restraining order made against him even
though Family Court Services investigators determined that his ex-wife had
fabricated the allegations. She was never charged and he has not been
allowed to see his son for two years.

3) Denise, whose former daughter-in-law deserted her children and then later
kidnaped them.

4) Warren, a Los Angeles father who pointed to the funding gravy train from
the Federal "Violence Against Women Act" as the source of many anti-male
domestic violence policies.

To learn how restraining orders based on spurious charges of domestic
violence are used to separate fathers from their children, see Stephen
Baskerville's <http://users.rcn.com/baskerville/> "No Restraint on
Restraining Orders"
<http://users.rcn.com/baskerville/no_restraint_on_restraining_orders.htm>
(Human Events, 8/5/02). To read about a particularly egregious case, see
"Father guilty after taking son to hospital
<http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,7138499%255E13569,00.html> "
(Northern Territory News, 9/2/03)."

To find out more about police and judicial anti-male bias in domestic
violence-related matters, see Glenn's article "Baseball Player's Domestic
Violence Arrest Demonstrates How Men are Presumed Guilty in Domestic
Disputes <http://www.glennsacks.com/baseball_players_domestic.htm> " (Los
Angeles Daily Journal, San Francisco Daily Journal, 8/8/02). To learn more
about the ways false accusations of domestic violence are used against men
in custody battles and ways we can change this, see Glenn's "Kitaen Plays
the 'Woman's Trump Card' Against Finley in Custody Battle
<http://www.glennsacks.com/kitaen_plays_the.htm> " (Cybercast News Service,
5/28/02). Also, listen to the April 13 edition of His Side
<http://www.hisside.com/> at Heroic Los Angeles Father Risks Jail Rather
than Lose His Daughter. <http://www.hisside.com/4_13_03.htm>

His Side with Glenn Sacks <http://www.hisside.com/> is a nationally
syndicated menıs and fathersı issues radio talk show hosted by columnist and
commentator Glenn Sacks <http://www.glennsacks.com/> on KRLA 870 AM
<http://www.krla870.com/> in Los Angeles and KKOL AM 1300
<http://www.1300kol.com/> in Seattle/Tacoma at 11 PM every Sunday evening.
To help support the show, go to Help Support His Side with Glenn Sacks
<http://www.hisside.com/support_the_show.htm> . To get CDs and cassettes of
all previous and future shows, go to the His Side Store
<http://www.hisside.com/store/index.htm> . To support the advertisers who
support the show, go to His Side Advertisers
<http://hisside.com/advertisers.htm> .

Father Drew
September 12th 03, 09:13 PM
Very cool site. Thanks dani.

-Drew

"dani" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
> than Lose His Daughter. <http://www.hisside.com/4_13_03.htm>
>
> His Side with Glenn Sacks <http://www.hisside.com/> is a nationally
> syndicated menıs and fathersı issues radio talk show hosted by columnist
and
> commentator Glenn Sacks <http://www.glennsacks.com/> on KRLA 870 AM
> <http://www.krla870.com/> in Los Angeles and KKOL AM 1300
> <http://www.1300kol.com/> in Seattle/Tacoma at 11 PM every Sunday
evening.
> To help support the show, go to Help Support His Side with Glenn Sacks
> <http://www.hisside.com/support_the_show.htm> . To get CDs and cassettes
of
> all previous and future shows, go to the His Side Store
> <http://www.hisside.com/store/index.htm> . To support the advertisers who
> support the show, go to His Side Advertisers

"dani" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
> than Lose His Daughter. <http://www.hisside.com/4_13_03.htm>
>
> His Side with Glenn Sacks <http://www.hisside.com/> is a nationally
> syndicated menıs and fathersı issues radio talk show hosted by columnist
and
> commentator Glenn Sacks <http://www.glennsacks.com/> on KRLA 870 AM
> <http://www.krla870.com/> in Los Angeles and KKOL AM 1300
> <http://www.1300kol.com/> in Seattle/Tacoma at 11 PM every Sunday
evening.
> To help support the show, go to Help Support His Side with Glenn Sacks
> <http://www.hisside.com/support_the_show.htm> . To get CDs and cassettes
of
> all previous and future shows, go to the His Side Store
> <http://www.hisside.com/store/index.htm> . To support the advertisers who
> support the show, go to His Side Advertisers

September 13th 03, 06:08 AM
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:13:28 -0700, Father Drew wrote:

> Very cool site. Thanks dani.

Your welcome, my friend.

dani
September 13th 03, 06:08 AM
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:13:28 -0700, Father Drew wrote:

> Very cool site. Thanks dani.

Your welcome, my friend.