PDA

View Full Version : This is too scary not to pass along

Trisha B
September 11th 03, 06:56 PM
I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn
Syrup. I didn't believe it at first since the stuff is even in my
healthy protein bars that I eat. But the report references several
Clinical Studies done by reputable institutions. It's much more
dangerous than just making you fat like the media has said.

Well after I read the report, I went through my cupboard and
threw away lots of stuff that my kids and I normally eat.

You have to read this for yourself. I just can't believe that food
and drink manufacturers think so little of the American Public to
slip this stuff in our food. Where's the FDA?

Here's where I got the report
http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm

It's what you don't know that can hurt you and this proves it!

dani
September 11th 03, 08:25 PM
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:56:54 +0000, Trisha B wrote:

> I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup. I
> didn't believe it at first since the stuff is even in my healthy protein
> bars that I eat. But the report references several Clinical Studies done
> by reputable institutions. It's much more dangerous than just making you
> fat like the media has said.
>
> Well after I read the report, I went through my cupboard and threw away
> lots of stuff that my kids and I normally eat.
>
> You have to read this for yourself. I just can't believe that food and
> drink manufacturers think so little of the American Public to slip this
> stuff in our food. Where's the FDA?
>
> Here's where I got the report
> http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm
>
> It's what you don't know that can hurt you and this proves it!

Ya right. Here's one for free.

http://www.nsda.org/softdrinks/CSDHealth/HFCS.html

dani
September 11th 03, 08:25 PM
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:56:54 +0000, Trisha B wrote:

> I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup. I
> didn't believe it at first since the stuff is even in my healthy protein
> bars that I eat. But the report references several Clinical Studies done
> by reputable institutions. It's much more dangerous than just making you
> fat like the media has said.
>
> Well after I read the report, I went through my cupboard and threw away
> lots of stuff that my kids and I normally eat.
>
> You have to read this for yourself. I just can't believe that food and
> drink manufacturers think so little of the American Public to slip this
> stuff in our food. Where's the FDA?
>
> Here's where I got the report
> http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm
>
> It's what you don't know that can hurt you and this proves it!

Ya right. Here's one for free.

http://www.nsda.org/softdrinks/CSDHealth/HFCS.html

Tracy
September 12th 03, 05:31 AM
"dani" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:56:54 +0000, Trisha B wrote:
>
> > I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup.
> > didn't believe it at first since the stuff is even in my healthy protein
> > bars that I eat. But the report references several Clinical Studies done
> > by reputable institutions. It's much more dangerous than just making you
> > fat like the media has said.
> >
> > Well after I read the report, I went through my cupboard and threw away
> > lots of stuff that my kids and I normally eat.
> >
> > You have to read this for yourself. I just can't believe that food and
> > drink manufacturers think so little of the American Public to slip this
> > stuff in our food. Where's the FDA?
> >
> > Here's where I got the report
> > http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm
> >
> > It's what you don't know that can hurt you and this proves it!
>
> Ya right. Here's one for free.

*snicker* even too much water can hurt you too. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Tracy
September 12th 03, 05:31 AM
"dani" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:56:54 +0000, Trisha B wrote:
>
> > I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup.
> > didn't believe it at first since the stuff is even in my healthy protein
> > bars that I eat. But the report references several Clinical Studies done
> > by reputable institutions. It's much more dangerous than just making you
> > fat like the media has said.
> >
> > Well after I read the report, I went through my cupboard and threw away
> > lots of stuff that my kids and I normally eat.
> >
> > You have to read this for yourself. I just can't believe that food and
> > drink manufacturers think so little of the American Public to slip this
> > stuff in our food. Where's the FDA?
> >
> > Here's where I got the report
> > http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm
> >
> > It's what you don't know that can hurt you and this proves it!
>
> Ya right. Here's one for free.

*snicker* even too much water can hurt you too. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Phil #3
September 12th 03, 01:46 PM
Some people will swallow anything. (Pun intended)
Phil #3

"Trisha B" > wrote in message
> I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn
> Syrup. I didn't believe it at first since the stuff is even in my
> healthy protein bars that I eat. But the report references several
> Clinical Studies done by reputable institutions. It's much more
> dangerous than just making you fat like the media has said.
>
> Well after I read the report, I went through my cupboard and
> threw away lots of stuff that my kids and I normally eat.
>
> You have to read this for yourself. I just can't believe that food
> and drink manufacturers think so little of the American Public to
> slip this stuff in our food. Where's the FDA?
>
> Here's where I got the report
> http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm
>
> It's what you don't know that can hurt you and this proves it!

Spam Buster
September 13th 03, 01:26 AM
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:56:54 +0000, Trisha B wrote:
> > I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn
^^^^
read: gobbled together

> > Here's where I got the report
> > http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm

No, HERE is where she put the report:
https://192.41.69.71/dl/REPORT%20-%20High%20Fructose%20Corn%20Syrup.PDF

SB

Spam Buster
September 13th 03, 01:26 AM
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:56:54 +0000, Trisha B wrote:
> > I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn
^^^^
read: gobbled together

> > Here's where I got the report
> > http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm

No, HERE is where she put the report:
https://192.41.69.71/dl/REPORT%20-%20High%20Fructose%20Corn%20Syrup.PDF

SB

Bob Whiteside
September 13th 03, 02:35 AM
"Trisha B" > wrote in message
> I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn
> Syrup. I didn't believe it at first since the stuff is even in my
> healthy protein bars that I eat. But the report references several
> Clinical Studies done by reputable institutions. It's much more
> dangerous than just making you fat like the media has said.
>
> Well after I read the report, I went through my cupboard and
> threw away lots of stuff that my kids and I normally eat.
>
> You have to read this for yourself. I just can't believe that food
> and drink manufacturers think so little of the American Public to
> slip this stuff in our food. Where's the FDA?
>
> Here's where I got the report
> http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm
>
> It's what you don't know that can hurt you and this proves it!

Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect them, did
you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are far
worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?

Macaroni and Cheese
Skittles, Life Savers, Jelly Beans and other candy
Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated cereals
Donuts and pastries
Waffles
Mashed potatoes
Taco shells
Watermelon

Are you murdering your children by letting them eat these foods while
protecting them from HFCS? Thanks for spamming us.

Bob Whiteside
September 13th 03, 02:35 AM
"Trisha B" > wrote in message
> I recently read a report about the dangers of High Fructose Corn
> Syrup. I didn't believe it at first since the stuff is even in my
> healthy protein bars that I eat. But the report references several
> Clinical Studies done by reputable institutions. It's much more
> dangerous than just making you fat like the media has said.
>
> Well after I read the report, I went through my cupboard and
> threw away lots of stuff that my kids and I normally eat.
>
> You have to read this for yourself. I just can't believe that food
> and drink manufacturers think so little of the American Public to
> slip this stuff in our food. Where's the FDA?
>
> Here's where I got the report
> http://192.41.69.71/report/hfcsreport.htm
>
> It's what you don't know that can hurt you and this proves it!

Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect them, did
you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are far
worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?

Macaroni and Cheese
Skittles, Life Savers, Jelly Beans and other candy
Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated cereals
Donuts and pastries
Waffles
Mashed potatoes
Taco shells
Watermelon

Are you murdering your children by letting them eat these foods while
protecting them from HFCS? Thanks for spamming us.

Tracy
September 13th 03, 03:19 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
k.net...

> Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect them,
did
> you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are far
> worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?
>
> Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated cereals

Cheerios? Do you mean Honey Nut and Frosted Cheerios? Plain Cheerios is
not sugar coated. It contains sugar, but not nearly as much as other
cereals out there. It contains only 1 gram of sugar per serving, which is
one full cup (30 grams or 1.05 oz). Most other cereals is less than one cup
for one serving. Included in that one single cup serving is 200 mg of
potassium, no cholesterol, no saturated fat, and 3 grams of dietary fiber.
Total calories for one single serving is a mere 110, 200 with a full cup of
non-fat milk. Cheerios is not something bad to eat. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Tracy
September 13th 03, 03:19 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
k.net...

> Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect them,
did
> you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are far
> worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?
>
> Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated cereals

Cheerios? Do you mean Honey Nut and Frosted Cheerios? Plain Cheerios is
not sugar coated. It contains sugar, but not nearly as much as other
cereals out there. It contains only 1 gram of sugar per serving, which is
one full cup (30 grams or 1.05 oz). Most other cereals is less than one cup
for one serving. Included in that one single cup serving is 200 mg of
potassium, no cholesterol, no saturated fat, and 3 grams of dietary fiber.
Total calories for one single serving is a mere 110, 200 with a full cup of
non-fat milk. Cheerios is not something bad to eat. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Tracy
September 13th 03, 03:42 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
k.net...

> Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect them,
did
> you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are far
> worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?
>
> Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated cereals

For the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference on cereals
reference:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?cereals+ready

For other food items, run a search from this link:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

I run queries from their database nearly daily - as I've kept a detailed
journal on my food intake, as well as logging exercise, for well over a
year. :)

I'd still like to know what Bob thinks will kill someone if they eat
Cheerios.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Tracy
September 13th 03, 03:42 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
k.net...

> Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect them,
did
> you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are far
> worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?
>
> Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated cereals

For the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference on cereals
reference:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?cereals+ready

For other food items, run a search from this link:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

I run queries from their database nearly daily - as I've kept a detailed
journal on my food intake, as well as logging exercise, for well over a
year. :)

I'd still like to know what Bob thinks will kill someone if they eat
Cheerios.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Bob Whiteside
September 13th 03, 04:14 AM
"Tracy" > wrote in message
> "Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
> k.net...
> >
> > Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect them,
> did
> > you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are
far
> > worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?
> >
> > Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated cereals
>
> For the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference on
cereals
> reference:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?cereals+ready
>
> For other food items, run a search from this link:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
>
> I run queries from their database nearly daily - as I've kept a detailed
> journal on my food intake, as well as logging exercise, for well over a
> year. :)
>
> I'd still like to know what Bob thinks will kill someone if they eat
> Cheerios.

Cheerios are great and should be consumed in huge amounts. They are made
from whole grains and contain lots of fiber. The OP suggested any food on
the Glycemic Index rated higher than HFCS was bad. That's BS and that was
my point! She/he was spamming this group to buy a $1.99 report that is
bogus.

I was just pointing out Cheerios, and other good foods for kids (and
adults), need to be considered in the big scheme of nutrition and not be
evaluated on one factor.

Bob Whiteside
September 13th 03, 04:14 AM
"Tracy" > wrote in message
> "Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
> k.net...
> >
> > Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect them,
> did
> > you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are
far
> > worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?
> >
> > Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated cereals
>
> For the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference on
cereals
> reference:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?cereals+ready
>
> For other food items, run a search from this link:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
>
> I run queries from their database nearly daily - as I've kept a detailed
> journal on my food intake, as well as logging exercise, for well over a
> year. :)
>
> I'd still like to know what Bob thinks will kill someone if they eat
> Cheerios.

Cheerios are great and should be consumed in huge amounts. They are made
from whole grains and contain lots of fiber. The OP suggested any food on
the Glycemic Index rated higher than HFCS was bad. That's BS and that was
my point! She/he was spamming this group to buy a $1.99 report that is
bogus.

I was just pointing out Cheerios, and other good foods for kids (and
adults), need to be considered in the big scheme of nutrition and not be
evaluated on one factor.

Clark Simmons
September 13th 03, 09:09 AM
Diabetic? I just joined that club.

--

Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA
http://xld.com - Freedom's Home Page

"Tracy" > wrote in message
> For the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference on cereals
> reference:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?cereals+ready
>
> For other food items, run a search from this link:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
>
> I run queries from their database nearly daily - as I've kept a detailed
> journal on my food intake, as well as logging exercise, for well over a
> year. :)
>
> I'd still like to know what Bob thinks will kill someone if they eat
> Cheerios.

---

"Tracy" > wrote in message
> For the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference on cereals
> reference:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?cereals+ready
>
> For other food items, run a search from this link:
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
>
> I run queries from their database nearly daily - as I've kept a detailed
> journal on my food intake, as well as logging exercise, for well over a
> year. :)
>
> I'd still like to know what Bob thinks will kill someone if they eat
> Cheerios.

---

Tracy
September 16th 03, 02:43 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
k.net...

> "Tracy" > wrote in message
> > "Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
> > k.net...
> > >
> > > Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect
them,
> > did
> > > you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are
> far
> > > worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?
> > >
> > > Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated
cereals

> > For the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference on
> cereals
> > reference:
> > http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?cereals+ready
> >
> > For other food items, run a search from this link:
> > http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
> >
> > I run queries from their database nearly daily - as I've kept a detailed
> > journal on my food intake, as well as logging exercise, for well over a
> > year. :)
> >
> > I'd still like to know what Bob thinks will kill someone if they eat
> > Cheerios.
>
> Cheerios are great and should be consumed in huge amounts. They are made
> from whole grains and contain lots of fiber. The OP suggested any food on
> the Glycemic Index rated higher than HFCS was bad. That's BS and that was
> my point! She/he was spamming this group to buy a $1.99 report that is
> bogus.
>
> I was just pointing out Cheerios, and other good foods for kids (and
> adults), need to be considered in the big scheme of nutrition and not be
> evaluated on one factor.

Ok - I missed your points. For that I apologize.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Tracy
September 16th 03, 02:43 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
k.net...

> "Tracy" > wrote in message
> > "Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
> > k.net...
> > >
> > > Speaking about not knowing how the foods your kids eat will affect
them,
> > did
> > > you know the following foods loved and eaten regularly by all kids are
> far
> > > worse than High Fructose Corn Syrup?
> > >
> > > Corn Flakes, Cheerios, Golden Grahams and any other sugar coated
cereals

> > For the USDA's National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference on
> cereals
> > reference:
> > http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl?cereals+ready
> >
> > For other food items, run a search from this link:
> > http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
> >
> > I run queries from their database nearly daily - as I've kept a detailed
> > journal on my food intake, as well as logging exercise, for well over a
> > year. :)
> >
> > I'd still like to know what Bob thinks will kill someone if they eat
> > Cheerios.
>
> Cheerios are great and should be consumed in huge amounts. They are made
> from whole grains and contain lots of fiber. The OP suggested any food on
> the Glycemic Index rated higher than HFCS was bad. That's BS and that was
> my point! She/he was spamming this group to buy a $1.99 report that is
> bogus.
>
> I was just pointing out Cheerios, and other good foods for kids (and
> adults), need to be considered in the big scheme of nutrition and not be
> evaluated on one factor.

Ok - I missed your points. For that I apologize.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Tracy
September 16th 03, 04:39 AM
"Clark Simmons" wrote in message
> Diabetic? I just joined that club.

No, I'm not diabetic. My trainer had me logging everything. I was meeting
with a physical trainer once every other weekend for about 8 months
straight. My goal was to shed body fat while increasing my HDL. Based on
my complete physical from '02 my overall cholesterol level was 123, with an
HDL of only 36, and a LDL of 64. My glucose level was 85, which 64-126 is
normal. I did not have my levels checked again this year since my doctor
was very pleased with my accomplishments. I'm not diabetic. Just aware of
my intact and expenditure. I enjoy running and finished my first 5k race
this last weekend. It was a breeze, and a lot of fun. I can't wait for the
next. Next year I plan on running my first 10k. :)

Growing up I was never encourage to do anything physical - in terms of
sports. I only had dreams and I was very good in sports. My favorites were
bike riding, jogging, long distance walking, tennis, softball, and yes -
swimming.

Tracy
~~~~~~~