PDA

View Full Version : Family Court Order Diverts Plane

Bob Whiteside
September 12th 03, 06:24 PM
If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out. A
Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be diverted
and land to remove a child from the flight.

http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/11/1063268522896.html

Chris Owens
September 15th 03, 10:46 PM
Bob Whiteside wrote:

> If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out. A
> Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be diverted
> and land to remove a child from the flight.
>
> http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/11/1063268522896.html

How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
flight.

Chris Owens

Chris Owens
September 15th 03, 10:46 PM
Bob Whiteside wrote:

> If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out. A
> Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be diverted
> and land to remove a child from the flight.
>
> http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/11/1063268522896.html

How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
flight.

Chris Owens

September 16th 03, 05:07 PM
Chris Owens > wrote:
: Bob Whiteside wrote:
:>
:> If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out. A
:> Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be diverted
:> and land to remove a child from the flight.
:>
:> http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/11/1063268522896.html

: How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
: being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
: flight.

My son's mother was detained at the airport in an attempt by her to remove
our child from the U.S. against a court custody order. The child was
taken from her (temporarily) and given to me, awaiting a court hearing to
remove take posession of the child's passport that she had obtained without
my knowledge. Recently, there was a new Federal Law enacted to require
permission by the noncustodial parent in order to obtain a passport for
a child.

b.

September 16th 03, 05:07 PM
Chris Owens > wrote:
: Bob Whiteside wrote:
:>
[...]

September 16th 03, 07:25 PM
"Chris Owens" > wrote in message
> Bob Whiteside wrote:
> >
> > If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out.
> > Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be
diverted
> > and land to remove a child from the flight.
> >
> > http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/11/1063268522896.html
>
> How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
> being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
> flight.

If you were one of the 370 plus passengers who had their flight diverted and
missed flight connections due to the 2 hour delay, or if you had to pay the
tens of thousands of dollars for the cost to divert the flight, would you
feel any different?

Personally, I think a family court judge disrupting international
transportation and commerce is a gross over-stepping of their authority.

Bob Whiteside
September 16th 03, 07:25 PM
"Chris Owens" > wrote in message
> Bob Whiteside wrote:
> >
> > If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out.
> > Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be
diverted
> > and land to remove a child from the flight.
> >
> > http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/11/1063268522896.html
>
> How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
> being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
> flight.

If you were one of the 370 plus passengers who had their flight diverted and
missed flight connections due to the 2 hour delay, or if you had to pay the
tens of thousands of dollars for the cost to divert the flight, would you
feel any different?

Personally, I think a family court judge disrupting international
transportation and commerce is a gross over-stepping of their authority.

Chris Owens
September 16th 03, 08:35 PM
Bob Whiteside wrote:

> > How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
> > being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
> > flight.
>
> If you were one of the 370 plus passengers who had their flight diverted and
> missed flight connections due to the 2 hour delay, or if you had to pay the
> tens of thousands of dollars for the cost to divert the flight, would you
> feel any different?

No; I've missed flight connections for FAR more trivial reasons
in my life . . . delays are part of travel, adults cope without
going ballistic. And, the gov't should recompense the airline
for the cost of diversion; they can then recover it from the
person who made the diversion necessary by putting the kid on the
plane.

> Personally, I think a family court judge disrupting international
> transportation and commerce is a gross over-stepping of their authority.

Then, you do not understand how the law WORKS in most countries.

Chris Owens

Chris Owens
September 16th 03, 08:35 PM
Bob Whiteside wrote:

> > How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
> > being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
> > flight.
>
> If you were one of the 370 plus passengers who had their flight diverted and
> missed flight connections due to the 2 hour delay, or if you had to pay the
> tens of thousands of dollars for the cost to divert the flight, would you
> feel any different?

No; I've missed flight connections for FAR more trivial reasons
in my life . . . delays are part of travel, adults cope without
going ballistic. And, the gov't should recompense the airline
for the cost of diversion; they can then recover it from the
person who made the diversion necessary by putting the kid on the
plane.

> Personally, I think a family court judge disrupting international
> transportation and commerce is a gross over-stepping of their authority.

Then, you do not understand how the law WORKS in most countries.

Chris Owens

Tracy
September 17th 03, 12:42 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "Chris Owens" > wrote in message
> > Bob Whiteside wrote:
> > >
> > > If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out.
> > > Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be
> diverted
> > > and land to remove a child from the flight.
> > >
> > > http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/11/1063268522896.html
> >
> > How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
> > being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
> > flight.
>
> If you were one of the 370 plus passengers who had their flight diverted
and
> missed flight connections due to the 2 hour delay, or if you had to pay
the
> tens of thousands of dollars for the cost to divert the flight, would you
> feel any different?
>
> Personally, I think a family court judge disrupting international
> transportation and commerce is a gross over-stepping of their authority.

Personally I would stand up and applaud the judge who diverted the flight.
Being a parent who has experienced the nightmare of having my own children
"disappear" - I can only sympathize with the parent who isn't committing the
illegal act of removing the child. It is the primary reason I can
sympathize, and understand, the horror many fathers experience when their
ex-wives deny contact to their own children.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***