PDA

View Full Version : Sample Pay't Amounts for Foster Children

Gini52
November 13th 03, 04:56 AM
(Dates vary from 1996-2001)

Bush Adm.:

Administration officials project that the federal payment for foster care will
climb from $4.6 billion, or $625 per child, this year to $6 billion in 2013, or
$966 per child.

====================
NJ:

Under the new rate schedule, foster parents will receive $400 a month to care
for a child five years old or younger, up from the current $299-a-month rate.
The remaining monthly base payments will be: $430 for foster children aged 6
through 9, up from the current $317 rate; $450 for 10- through 12-year-olds, up
from $352; and $500 for teenagers, up from $374.

The foster care reimbursements are related to the needs of a child and the level
of care provided directly by the foster parent. Each child's needs are assessed
in six areas transportation, family care, education, therapy, house care and
work with the child's birth parents.

For children who need higher levels of care, foster parents can receive monthly
payments of $50, $100 or $150 in addition to the base rate.

===================
NC:

Foster parents receive monthly room and board payments for the foster child.
Although the amount of these board payments may vary from agency to agency and
sometimes based on the individual needs of the foster child, the current state
recommended rates are as follows:

$315 for children ages 0 - 5
$365 for children ages 6 - 12
$415 for children ages 13 and over
Supplemental payments are available for children with HIV and AIDS.
=================
NY Special Payments (in addition to regular monthly payment):
Some of the items now authorized for special payment reimbursement are:

special attire for graduation, school, or scouting activities
books, activity fees, school jewelry, school pictures, art supplies, and
yearbooks
the costs of public transportation for school attendance if such costs are not
reimbursed by the school district
extraordinary transportation expenses associated with a foster child's visits to
birth parents and/or siblings
special recreational or hobby expenditures, including travel expenses, lodging,
entry or use fees, uniforms, and materials
non-medical needs of a handi-capped child, including special equipment or
clothing not covered by medical assistance
cost of diapers from birth to the child's fourth birthday
================
CA (1996)

.....in 1996, California paid $345 per child per month for foster care provided
to children up to age four, $375 for children aged five to eight, and $484 for
youths aged 15 or more. So, for example, if siblings ages 8 and 16 were in
foster care, their caregiver would receive $859 per month. In contrast,
California's AFDC payment for one child was $293 per month, and only $479 for
two children.

Fighting For Kids
November 13th 03, 05:47 AM
On 12 Nov 2003 20:56:35 -0800, Gini52 > wrote:

hmm..

Ive looked at a chart provided by the Child Welfare League of
America's National Data Analysis System that lists every single states
payments at different ages. The payments vary from 227 a month all
the way up to 600 a month, and thats for the 0-2 who get the least out
of the group. The numbers go up from there.

So im assuming, and correct me if im wrong, that the amount the bush
admin listed is an overall average for all kids in the system, from
age 0-18. That amount being $625 per child per month??

Some states have small amounts listed and then each county adds money
to that. Like NY has so many different counties ( I think they call
them bouroughs) and each, as this data sytem shows, has a completely
different rate.

Anyway, if we use the "average" amount, thats still 1250 a month
average for supporting two children. I proposed, from the US ag data
it was something like 700 a month per child and got shot down and told
my statistics were to much.

Im understanding that when the child is younger the cost isnt as much
and as they grow the cost rises with them.

> [...]
>extraordinary transportation expenses associated with a foster child's visits to
>birth parents and/or siblings
>special recreational or hobby expenditures, including travel expenses, lodging,
>entry or use fees, uniforms, and materials
>non-medical needs of a handi-capped child, including special equipment or
>clothing not covered by medical assistance
>cost of diapers from birth to the child's fourth birthday
>CA (1996)
>
>....in 1996, California paid $345 per child per month for foster care provided
>to children up to age four, $375 for children aged five to eight, and $484 for
>youths aged 15 or more. So, for example, if siblings ages 8 and 16 were in
>foster care, their caregiver would receive $859 per month. In contrast,
>California's AFDC payment for one child was $293 per month, and only $479 for

Dusty
November 16th 03, 03:02 AM
Good Christmas!! I'm in the wrong profession!!!