PDA

View Full Version : Rights vs. Needs at Christmas

Cameron Stevens
December 22nd 03, 11:09 AM
Our 'Normal' process year-to-year is that I have my daughters on the evening
of the 24th, delivering them that night so Christmas Day is at Mom's. This
year my ex was kind enough to offer to drop the children off at my place
Christmas Day in the evening. All was set for a wonderful Christmas.

My family's normal get-together on the 24th was re-arranged and seemed to
fall through so we were going to hang out here Christmas Eve. Just my kids,
girlfriend and I.

Yesterday I received a call from my ex. During the call she asked about my
time with my daughters on the 24th. Apparently they have an opportunity to
meet some new cousins (her b/f's niece's/nephews) and go on a sliegh ride.

My response: If the girls want to go, I'm fine with that. I'll see them in
the morning of teh 24th for a few hours then again on Christmas Day evening.
There are pangs of sadness for me, but what matters is the happiness of the
children and my time with them is not diminished.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night,
Cameron
--
http://forfairchildsupport.netfirms.com