PDA

View Full Version : CS Welfare Court Loop?

Me
January 1st 04, 05:36 AM
Go for full physical custody yourself. If she can't support the child
and you can, why give all that money to the leeches?

wrote:

>I'm no lawyer, and I don't think anyone here is either, but check this
>out...
>
>I have 50/50 joint physical and legal custody of my son with my ex-wife.
> As such I pay about half of the CS I would have to pay if she had sole
>custody (don't ask me why this happens, it's an argument I gave up on
>some time ago).
>
>Ex-wife got on Welfare. Welfare has appointed a lawyer trying to get my
>CS obligation raised to the maximum it would be if ex-wife had our son
>100% of the time (Sole Custody).
>
>This would raise my payments from about $300 per month to about $700 per
>month.
>
>Ex-wife only gets about $400 per month in Welfare, and Welfare keeps ALL
>of the CS I mail them while she is on Welfare (no matter how much that
>is), so she is a fool if she stays on Welfare.
>
>Now, when she drops Welfare, I can go back to court to have the CS
>lowered to about half of what CS would be if she had our son 100% of the
>time.
>
>Of course, when I do that, she'll want to get back on Welfare.
>
>And Welfare, of course, will come after me to raise the CS to the level
>it would be if she had him 100% of the time.
>
>And so on, and so on, ad infinitum.
>
>It's our Wha-Wha-Whacky Welfare System at Werk!

Ruudrick
January 1st 04, 08:23 AM
[...]

Gini
January 1st 04, 04:16 PM
"Me" > wrote in message
news.com...
> Go for full physical custody yourself. If she can't support the child
> and you can, why give all that money to the leeches?
==
Excellent suggestion.
==

> On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:23:37 -0800, Ruudrick >
> wrote:
>
> >I'm no lawyer, and I don't think anyone here is either, but check this
> >out...
> >
> >I have 50/50 joint physical and legal custody of my son with my ex-wife.
> > As such I pay about half of the CS I would have to pay if she had sole
> >custody (don't ask me why this happens, it's an argument I gave up on
> >some time ago).
> >
> >Ex-wife got on Welfare. Welfare has appointed a lawyer trying to get my
> >CS obligation raised to the maximum it would be if ex-wife had our son
> >100% of the time (Sole Custody).
> >
> >This would raise my payments from about $300 per month to about $700 per
> >month.
> >
> >Ex-wife only gets about $400 per month in Welfare, and Welfare keeps ALL
> >of the CS I mail them while she is on Welfare (no matter how much that
> >is), so she is a fool if she stays on Welfare.
> >
> >Now, when she drops Welfare, I can go back to court to have the CS
> >lowered to about half of what CS would be if she had our son 100% of the
> >time.
> >
> >Of course, when I do that, she'll want to get back on Welfare.
> >
> >And Welfare, of course, will come after me to raise the CS to the level
> >it would be if she had him 100% of the time.
> >
> >And so on, and so on, ad infinitum.
> >
> >It's our Wha-Wha-Whacky Welfare System at Werk!

Gini
January 1st 04, 04:16 PM
"Me" > wrote in message
news.com...
> Go for full physical custody yourself. If she can't support the child
> and you can, why give all that money to the leeches?
==
Excellent suggestion.
==

> On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:23:37 -0800, Ruudrick >
> wrote:
>
> >I'm no lawyer, and I don't think anyone here is either, but check this
> >out...
> >
> >I have 50/50 joint physical and legal custody of my son with my ex-wife.
> > As such I pay about half of the CS I would have to pay if she had sole
> >custody (don't ask me why this happens, it's an argument I gave up on
> >some time ago).
> >
> >Ex-wife got on Welfare. Welfare has appointed a lawyer trying to get my
> >CS obligation raised to the maximum it would be if ex-wife had our son
> >100% of the time (Sole Custody).
> >
> >This would raise my payments from about $300 per month to about $700 per
> >month.
> >
> >Ex-wife only gets about $400 per month in Welfare, and Welfare keeps ALL
> >of the CS I mail them while she is on Welfare (no matter how much that
> >is), so she is a fool if she stays on Welfare.
> >
> >Now, when she drops Welfare, I can go back to court to have the CS
> >lowered to about half of what CS would be if she had our son 100% of the
> >time.
> >
> >Of course, when I do that, she'll want to get back on Welfare.
> >
> >And Welfare, of course, will come after me to raise the CS to the level
> >it would be if she had him 100% of the time.
> >
> >And so on, and so on, ad infinitum.
> >
> >It's our Wha-Wha-Whacky Welfare System at Werk!

Gini
January 1st 04, 08:40 PM
"Ruudrick" > wrote in message ...
> Gini wrote:
> >
> > "Me" > wrote in message
> > news.com..
> > > Go for full physical custody yourself. If she can't support the child
> > > and you can, why give all that money to the leeches?
> > ==
> > Excellent suggestion.
> > ==
>
> Indeed, I may be doing exactly that. I meet with my lawyer next week.
>
> The question is, will the judge see it that way too?
==
Perhaps. Perhaps not. Good luck.
==

Gini
January 1st 04, 08:40 PM
"Ruudrick" > wrote in message ...
> Gini wrote:
> >
> > "Me" > wrote in message
> > news.com..
> > > Go for full physical custody yourself. If she can't support the child
> > > and you can, why give all that money to the leeches?
> > ==
> > Excellent suggestion.
> > ==
>
> Indeed, I may be doing exactly that. I meet with my lawyer next week.
>
> The question is, will the judge see it that way too?
==
Perhaps. Perhaps not. Good luck.
==

Ruudrick
January 1st 04, 10:45 PM

Gini wrote:

> "Me" > wrote in message
> news.com..
> > Go for full physical custody yourself. If she can't support the child
> > and you can, why give all that money to the leeches?
> ==
> Excellent suggestion.
> ==

Indeed, I may be doing exactly that. I meet with my lawyer next week.

The question is, will the judge see it that way too?

Sugar3
February 12th 04, 07:49 PM
I understand what you are going through. I am not the CP or NCP. I am better yet the NCP girlfriend in my case. Right now my boyfriend is going through something similiar to your case. He is putting in an investigation with the child support dept. because his ex too committed Welfare Fraud. She was receiving funds from him at the same time also went on Welfare behind his back for a couple of years. Now he is held responsible to pay back to the state for all those time she was on welfare. She thought she got away with earning double income. It makes me sick how some of these girls see $$$$ as more valuable than the bonding and relationship of a child and his/her father... I deeply think child support is unfair to father and not just saying it cause I happen to be one of the NCP girlfriend. Good luck to you and definitely don't let them make you a victim of this child support ****!!!!!..