PDA

View Full Version : help with newborn !!

David&Wendy
July 29th 03, 05:17 PM
it might seem like a dumb question but i am gonna ask anyways!!
Every now and again my son ( 1 month old) shakes his legs uncontrollably
when i am changing him ( i hope i am describing this right) when he
stretches leg out he just shakes it for no apparent reason. it just shakes
he doesn't cry but it is freaking me out .. i went to see a nurse and she
ahs no clue of what it might be but said to keep an eye on it but have and
today he does it every time i change his diaper or if he is lying down and
you go near him close his leg just shakes likes it vibrating or something?
am i doing something to my child or is this totally normal? no diapers are
lose on him ... your help would be much appreciated.. yes we have a doc
appointment next month... only time i could get it ...
tia
wendy
mom of 4 now!!

dejablues
July 29th 03, 10:05 PM
Sometimes new babies shake or shudder because their nervous systems are
immature and they are adjusting to life outside the uterus. It wouldn't hurt
to ask the ped. though.

.. .