PDA

View Full Version : 5.5 Week Old Slept Through Night...

JoAnna
July 30th 03, 02:02 PM
But my 2 year old had me up at 4:30 am.

can't win 'em all.

Has anyone experienced a change in sleep for a toddler? He's usually a great
sleeper at night but lately he wakes up crying in the night. SOmetimes he
goes back to sleep sometimes he comes to find me. Last night after he
sounded pretty upset I went to calm him down and he was just standing next
to his bed crying. I am pretty sure he didn't fall out.

Could he be upset about having a new baby around? Could it be nightmares? He
goes back to sleep quick and easy but wants me there for comfort it seems
(and daddy won't do even though he puts him to bed each night)

Thanks-JoAnna

David&Wendy
July 30th 03, 03:33 PM
congrats on your little one sleeping thru night!! my little guy slept a good
6 hours past two night wish i could of slept also.. Your little guy probably
feeling left out at night when baby gets up ( and gets mommy's attention all
to herself) and wants some extra attention.
My eldest daughter did it to me when her brother was born years ago had to
stay in room with her until she fell asleep and i usually fell asleep beside
her bed on floor.. kind of funny when hubby would wake up and find me on
floor of kids room at 4 am... so many years ago man time has flown by so
fast. anyhow it is a stage they all go thru with other sibling well in my
case anyhow. It is an adjustment for him he will get the hang of it soon
enough.. congrats again on your little girl and her big brother!!
best wishes
wendy
mom of 4 now!!

"JoAnna" > wrote in message
et...
> But my 2 year old had me up at 4:30 am.
>
> can't win 'em all.
>
> Has anyone experienced a change in sleep for a toddler? He's usually a
great
> sleeper at night but lately he wakes up crying in the night. SOmetimes he
> goes back to sleep sometimes he comes to find me. Last night after he
> sounded pretty upset I went to calm him down and he was just standing next
> to his bed crying. I am pretty sure he didn't fall out.
>
> Could he be upset about having a new baby around? Could it be nightmares?
He
> goes back to sleep quick and easy but wants me there for comfort it seems
> (and daddy won't do even though he puts him to bed each night)
>
> Thanks-JoAnna

Sue
July 30th 03, 06:20 PM
Yes, sleeping habits changes with toddlers all the time. It may be the new
baby, it may be his fears are playing on him during the night or he may just
need some extra cuddles and attention during the day from you. Can you do
something with just him when the baby is napping or let hubby take the baby
a while in the evenings and go for a walk with your older son? If your son
is scared, can he leave the light on a little or have his own flashlight.
But, probably what will work the most is comfort from you. Good luck. :o)
--
Sue
mom to three girls

JoAnna > wrote in message
et...
> But my 2 year old had me up at 4:30 am.
>
> can't win 'em all.
>
> Has anyone experienced a change in sleep for a toddler? He's usually a
great
> sleeper at night but lately he wakes up crying in the night. SOmetimes he
> goes back to sleep sometimes he comes to find me. Last night after he
> sounded pretty upset I went to calm him down and he was just standing next
> to his bed crying. I am pretty sure he didn't fall out.
>
> Could he be upset about having a new baby around? Could it be nightmares?
He
> goes back to sleep quick and easy but wants me there for comfort it seems
> (and daddy won't do even though he puts him to bed each night)
>
> Thanks-JoAnna

cloud nine
July 30th 03, 08:02 PM
Does he have his 2 year old molars in yet? Maybe they are cutting though
and bothering him.

Good luck!

Sue

"JoAnna" > wrote in message
et...
> But my 2 year old had me up at 4:30 am.
>
> can't win 'em all.
>
> Has anyone experienced a change in sleep for a toddler? He's usually a
great
> sleeper at night but lately he wakes up crying in the night. SOmetimes he
> goes back to sleep sometimes he comes to find me. Last night after he
> sounded pretty upset I went to calm him down and he was just standing next
> to his bed crying. I am pretty sure he didn't fall out.
>
> Could he be upset about having a new baby around? Could it be nightmares?
He
> goes back to sleep quick and easy but wants me there for comfort it seems
> (and daddy won't do even though he puts him to bed each night)
>
> Thanks-JoAnna

JoAnna
July 31st 03, 01:49 AM
"cloud nine" > wrote in message
> Does he have his 2 year old molars in yet? Maybe they are cutting though
> and bothering him.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Sue

his last one has been coming through for a while, it doesn't seem to give
him much trouble during the day though. I know at night pains can be worse
but it doesn't seem to be that. that was my first thought on it also.

thanks-JoAnna