PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Edmontonians

CME
August 11th 04, 08:59 PM
Kat this thread is for you considering you're the only one I know in
Edmonton from this group (sorry it's bad form to put your name in the
header. lol) Anyways, Paul G is coming to visit this week (let's cross our
fingers he makes it) and I thought we should all get together for coffee at
least. I changed my MSN awhile back so feel free to add me (brazen at telus
dot net) anyone else is welcome to as well. =D

Christine

denanson
August 11th 04, 09:53 PM
"CME" < wrote in message

> Paul G is coming to visit this week

Freddie and I in the winter for ski-ing?

(brazen at telus
> dot net) anyone else is welcome to as well. =D

And you are all welcome here too.
dennisgreenall at eircom dot net

Dennis

CME
August 12th 04, 08:06 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "CME" < wrote in message
>
> > Paul G is coming to visit this week
>
> Freddie and I in the winter for ski-ing?
>
> (brazen at telus
> > dot net) anyone else is welcome to as well. =D
>
> And you are all welcome here too.
> dennisgreenall at eircom dot net
>
> Dennis

I haven't taken my kids skiing yet, it would be super fun though. Which
resort were you thinking of? Lake Louise is nice, so is Sunshine, I haven't
been to Marmot Basin in a looooooong time, but those are the three I
recommend. At Sunshine though, you at least have a Hotel right on the
mountain, and they've expanded quite a bit. It's been well over 10 years
since I've been skiing, geez I should change that. lol

Christine

denanson
August 19th 04, 06:49 PM
"CME" < wrote in message >

> "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> >
> > Freddie and I in the winter for ski-ing?
> >
> > And you are all welcome here too.

> I haven't taken my kids skiing yet, it would be super fun though. Which
> resort were you thinking of? Lake Louise is nice, so is Sunshine, I
haven't
> been to Marmot Basin in a looooooong time, but those are the three I
> recommend. At Sunshine though, you at least have a Hotel right on the
> mountain, and they've expanded quite a bit. It's been well over 10 years
> since I've been skiing, geez I should change that. lol

I haven't even thought about a country yet let alone a resort.
I'll check some brochures and then the map to see where you are.
Try and take the twins whilst they are still young, they learn so much
easier.
Freddie is the same age as your two and he picked it up in two days. After
three he was ski-ing down the mountain unaided.

Dennis

CME
August 19th 04, 10:19 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "CME" < wrote in message >
>
> > "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Freddie and I in the winter for ski-ing?
> > >
> > > And you are all welcome here too.
>

> > I haven't taken my kids skiing yet, it would be super fun though. Which
> > resort were you thinking of? Lake Louise is nice, so is Sunshine, I
> haven't
> > been to Marmot Basin in a looooooong time, but those are the three I
> > recommend. At Sunshine though, you at least have a Hotel right on the
> > mountain, and they've expanded quite a bit. It's been well over 10
years
> > since I've been skiing, geez I should change that. lol
>
> I haven't even thought about a country yet let alone a resort.
> I'll check some brochures and then the map to see where you are.
> Try and take the twins whilst they are still young, they learn so much
> easier.
> Freddie is the same age as your two and he picked it up in two days. After
> three he was ski-ing down the mountain unaided.
>
> Dennis

Hmm I dunno about that, my children are afraid to try anything... I mean
they get really upset at new encounters (since their accident) so I'm not
sure how'd they react. (I need some tips on overcoming fears in general)
But what I'll do this winter is take them to the bunny hills around town and
try them out first before travelling 5 hours to the Rockies. lol

Christine

Paul Griffiths
August 26th 04, 05:13 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> Kat this thread is for you considering you're the only one I know in
> Edmonton from this group (sorry it's bad form to put your name in the
> header. lol) Anyways, Paul G is coming to visit this week (let's cross
our
> fingers he makes it) and I thought we should all get together for coffee
at
> least. I changed my MSN awhile back so feel free to add me (brazen at
telus
> dot net) anyone else is welcome to as well. =D

Damn, now I feel even more guilty that I didn't make it. Sorry. :-(

--
Paul Griffiths

denanson
August 27th 04, 06:50 PM
"CME" wrote in message >

> Hmm I dunno about that, my children are afraid to try anything... I mean
> they get really upset at new encounters (since their accident) so I'm not
> sure how'd they react.

That is odd, kids are usually up for anything.

>(I need some tips on overcoming fears in general)

Like lock them in a room full of spiders and that kind of stuff?

I find that enthusiasm is best. Get exited about doing something new, make
it an adventure!

> But what I'll do this winter is take them to the bunny hills around town
and
> try them out first before travelling 5 hours to the Rockies. lol

Naa! Head straight to the top of thye mountain. They willfall over about 20
times. Take them upagain and the next time they will only fall 10 times.
After three days, they won't fall at all!

Dennis

CME
August 27th 04, 08:10 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
>
> > Kat this thread is for you considering you're the only one I know in
> > Edmonton from this group (sorry it's bad form to put your name in the
> > header. lol) Anyways, Paul G is coming to visit this week (let's cross
> our
> > fingers he makes it) and I thought we should all get together for coffee
> at
> > least. I changed my MSN awhile back so feel free to add me (brazen at
> telus
> > dot net) anyone else is welcome to as well. =D
>
> Damn, now I feel even more guilty that I didn't make it. Sorry. :-(
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

S'ok she didn't get back to me. ;) Besides it looks to me like you had a
fabulous time anyways.

Christine

CME
August 27th 04, 08:19 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "CME" wrote in message >
> >
> > Hmm I dunno about that, my children are afraid to try anything... I mean
> > they get really upset at new encounters (since their accident) so I'm
not
> > sure how'd they react.
>
> That is odd, kids are usually up for anything.

Since their car accident they seem to be afraid of their own shadows. *sigh*
I keep telling them that I would never make them do anything that they
wouldn't like. For instance we went boating out at the lake and they were
terrified but I made them do it anyways, and after of course they loved it.
I just feel awful forcing them to do things for their own good. :(

> >(I need some tips on overcoming fears in general)
>
> Like lock them in a room full of spiders and that kind of stuff?

That would be my version of hell on earth, unless I had plenty of kleenex
and a fly swatter.

> I find that enthusiasm is best. Get exited about doing something new, make
> it an adventure!

Yeah that's what I've been doing, but I'm still having to be forceful.

> > But what I'll do this winter is take them to the bunny hills around town
> and
> > try them out first before travelling 5 hours to the Rockies. lol
>
> Naa! Head straight to the top of thye mountain. They willfall over about
20
> times. Take them upagain and the next time they will only fall 10 times.
> After three days, they won't fall at all!

Hmmm perhaps they're alot like me after all, my father made me go up the
mountain and I was petrified, I cried half the way down because I was afraid
of falling/cliffs/going too fast (I look at that mountain now and roll my
eyes). Yeah after a couple days I learned to cope and he was having to
chase after me. Thanks for the reminder Dennis.

Christine

> Dennis

Paul Griffiths
August 27th 04, 09:21 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Damn, now I feel even more guilty that I didn't make it. Sorry. :-(
>
> S'ok she didn't get back to me. ;) Besides it looks to me like you had a
> fabulous time anyways.

I was talking to Pete about it and we both agreed it was probably one of our
best holidays ever.

I'd say more but if I ranted on about all the amazing things we'd seen and
done I'd probably be accused of advertising for the Canadian tourist board.
:-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
August 27th 04, 11:48 PM
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:21:08 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"CME" > wrote in message
>> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>
><snip>
>
>> > Damn, now I feel even more guilty that I didn't make it. Sorry. :-(
>>
>> S'ok she didn't get back to me. ;) Besides it looks to me like you had a
>> fabulous time anyways.
>
>I was talking to Pete about it and we both agreed it was probably one of our
>best holidays ever.

I'm so glad. It was just ..indescribable.. having you here, and Pete's
a complete delight.

>I'd say more but if I ranted on about all the amazing things we'd seen and
>done I'd probably be accused of advertising for the Canadian tourist board.
>:-)

Heh. That'll stand you in good stead with immigration, though, won't
it?

LOL

Cele

Paul Griffiths
August 28th 04, 01:27 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:21:08 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:

> ><snip>

> >I was talking to Pete about it and we both agreed it was probably one of
our
> >best holidays ever.
>
> I'm so glad. It was just ..indescribable.. having you here, and Pete's
> a complete delight.

Sweet-talker. You're after something, I can tell.

> >I'd say more but if I ranted on about all the amazing things we'd seen
and
> >done I'd probably be accused of advertising for the Canadian tourist
board.
> >:-)
>
> Heh. That'll stand you in good stead with immigration, though, won't
> it?

I dunno, I didn't think standing would be part of it. I was assuming more
of a grovelling posture would be needed.

> LOL

:-Þ

Anyway I thought you said you wanted to move here.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
August 28th 04, 02:14 AM
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:27:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:21:08 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>
>> ><snip>
>
>> >I was talking to Pete about it and we both agreed it was probably one of
>our
>> >best holidays ever.
>>
>> I'm so glad. It was just ..indescribable.. having you here, and Pete's
>> a complete delight.
>
>Sweet-talker. You're after something, I can tell.

But WHO will you tell?

>> >I'd say more but if I ranted on about all the amazing things we'd seen
>and
>> >done I'd probably be accused of advertising for the Canadian tourist
>board.
>> >:-)
>>
>> Heh. That'll stand you in good stead with immigration, though, won't
>> it?
>
>I dunno, I didn't think standing would be part of it. I was assuming more
>of a grovelling posture would be needed.

Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL

>> LOL
>
>:-Þ
>
>Anyway I thought you said you wanted to move here.

I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....

Cele

CME
August 28th 04, 04:49 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:27:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:21:08 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

> >our
> >>
> >> I'm so glad. It was just ..indescribable.. having you here, and Pete's
> >> a complete delight.
> >
> >Sweet-talker. You're after something, I can tell.
>
> But WHO will you tell?

> >and
> >board.
> >>
> >> Heh. That'll stand you in good stead with immigration, though, won't
> >> it?
> >
> >I dunno, I didn't think standing would be part of it. I was assuming
more
> >of a grovelling posture would be needed.
>
> Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
> Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
> Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL

I'm afraid my boyfriend would object..

> >> LOL
> >
> >:-Þ
> >
> >Anyway I thought you said you wanted to move here.
>
> I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
>
> Cele

I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)

Christine

Cele
August 28th 04, 06:19 AM
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:49:26 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:27:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:

>of
>> >our

>> >Sweet-talker. You're after something, I can tell.
>>
>> But WHO will you tell?

>> >and
>> >board.

>> >I dunno, I didn't think standing would be part of it. I was assuming
>more
>> >of a grovelling posture would be needed.
>>
>> Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
>> Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
>> Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL
>
>I'm afraid my boyfriend would object..

To Paul's immigrating? Why Paul, you devil, you! You said you didn't
have a criminal record as of this morning. You didn't tell me you
were wanted by Interpol!

>> >:-Þ
>> >
>> >Anyway I thought you said you wanted to move here.
>>
>> I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
>>
>> Cele
>
>I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)
>
>Christine

Flirt, you say? FLIRT? Is THAT what you think this is? Here I am,
divorced for lo these 12 years come October, and not even an interest
in *finding* a man, never mind flirting with one, and yet, you call
this FLIRTING?

[gasp]

Of course, I suppose it could be argued, that in 12 years, I forget
what flirting looks like.

But nobody would argue a thing like that, would they?

LMAO

Cele

CME
August 28th 04, 11:23 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:49:26 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:27:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

> >of

Pete's

> >> But WHO will you tell?

> >more
> >>
> >> Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
> >> Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
> >> Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL
> >
> >I'm afraid my boyfriend would object..
>
> To Paul's immigrating? Why Paul, you devil, you! You said you didn't
> have a criminal record as of this morning. You didn't tell me you
> were wanted by Interpol!

Yes he is a bad bad boy, he needs a spanking Celia, go get em!

> >> I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
> >>
> >> Cele
> >
> >I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)
> >
> >Christine
>
> Flirt, you say? FLIRT? Is THAT what you think this is? Here I am,
> divorced for lo these 12 years come October, and not even an interest
> in *finding* a man, never mind flirting with one, and yet, you call
> this FLIRTING?
>
> [gasp]
>
> Of course, I suppose it could be argued, that in 12 years, I forget
> what flirting looks like.
>
> But nobody would argue a thing like that, would they?
>
> LMAO
>
> Cele

Um no, you're both completely innocent, it's all um Tiffany's fault.

Christine

Tiffany
August 28th 04, 01:28 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:49:26 GMT, "CME" >
> > wrote:

snipped

> > But nobody would argue a thing like that, would they?
> >
> > LMAO
> >
> > Cele
>
> Um no, you're both completely innocent, it's all um Tiffany's fault.
>
> Christine

Wooo there...... how did my name get into a flirting argument??? :)

(Here I was trying to stay out of this and just sit back and watch like a
soap opera.)

Tiffany

Paul Griffiths
August 28th 04, 01:32 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:27:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> I'm so glad. It was just ..indescribable.. having you here, and Pete's
> >> a complete delight.
> >
> >Sweet-talker. You're after something, I can tell.
>
> But WHO will you tell?

Everyone who's reading this newsgroup to start with. Currently that seems
to be 4 or maybe even 5 people.

<snip>

> >> Heh. That'll stand you in good stead with immigration, though, won't
> >> it?
> >
> >I dunno, I didn't think standing would be part of it. I was assuming
more
> >of a grovelling posture would be needed.
>
> Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
> Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
> Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL

And there's me thinking *all* Canadians are both fine and upstanding. Ah
well, back to the drawing board I suppose.

Then again, and, naturally, only as a last resort, I suppose I could just
marry one. Purely for the citizenship of course.

> >> LOL
> >
> >:-Þ
> >
> >Anyway I thought you said you wanted to move here.
>
> I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....

Recently, yes but didn't you say something in the group a good while ago
about moving to the UK?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 28th 04, 01:36 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
> > Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
> > Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL
>
> I'm afraid my boyfriend would object..

And he doesn' even know me. Oh dear.

BTW should I know about this boyfriend 'cos I don't think I do? Have I lost
the plot *again*.

> > >Anyway I thought you said you wanted to move here.
> >
> > I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
>
> I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)

Is that what we're doing?

Should I be worried?

Am I any good at it?

I should be told, I think.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 28th 04, 01:42 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:49:26 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:

<snip>

> >I'm afraid my boyfriend would object..
>
> To Paul's immigrating? Why Paul, you devil, you! You said you didn't
> have a criminal record as of this morning. You didn't tell me you
> were wanted by Interpol!

I did indeed say that I didn't have a criminal record and that's perfectly
true. It's hardly my fault if they've never been able to prove anything is
it?

> >I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)
>
> Flirt, you say? FLIRT? Is THAT what you think this is?

I *know*! (Monica moment)

> Here I am, divorced for lo these 12 years come October, and not even
> an interest in *finding* a man, never mind flirting with one, and yet, you
> call this FLIRTING?

I think I may have a possible explanation. Maybe I'm not a man. Any
thoughts?

> [gasp]

Sit down, Cele, and put your head between your legs. You've gone quite a
funny colour.

> Of course, I suppose it could be argued, that in 12 years, I forget
> what flirting looks like.

Then again, how much of it have you ever done? For myself I can state
categorically that I've done virtually none at all, ever.

> But nobody would argue a thing like that, would they?

Not unless they were trying to cause trouble, that's true.

> LMAO

That'd be a real shame.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 28th 04, 01:44 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > To Paul's immigrating? Why Paul, you devil, you! You said you didn't
> > have a criminal record as of this morning. You didn't tell me you
> > were wanted by Interpol!
>
> Yes he is a bad bad boy, he needs a spanking Celia, go get em!

Hmm...

<snip>

> > Of course, I suppose it could be argued, that in 12 years, I forget
> > what flirting looks like.
> >
> > But nobody would argue a thing like that, would they?
> >
> > LMAO
>
> Um no, you're both completely innocent, it's all um Tiffany's fault.

Ah, that's okay then. I can live with that.

--
Paul Griffiths

P. Fritz
August 28th 04, 01:51 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Cele" > wrote in message
> > > On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:49:26 GMT, "CME" >
> > > wrote:
> > >

> snipped
>

> > > But nobody would argue a thing like that, would they?
> > >
> > > LMAO
> > >
> > > Cele
> >
> > Um no, you're both completely innocent, it's all um Tiffany's fault.
> >
> > Christine
> >

> Wooo there...... how did my name get into a flirting argument??? :)

Maybe because you are such an expert at it???? <running and ducking
for cover> :-)

> (Here I was trying to stay out of this and just sit back and watch like
> soap opera.)
>
> Tiffany

Tiffany
August 28th 04, 02:25 PM
"P. Fritz" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > "CME" > wrote in message

> > snipped

> > > Um no, you're both completely innocent, it's all um Tiffany's fault.
> > >
> > > Christine
> > >

> > Wooo there...... how did my name get into a flirting argument??? :)
> >

> Maybe because you are such an expert at it???? <running and ducking
> for cover> :-)

Takes one to know one..... ;)

Paul Griffiths
August 28th 04, 06:13 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Um no, you're both completely innocent, it's all um Tiffany's fault.
>
> Wooo there...... how did my name get into a flirting argument??? :)

You think you're not qualified?

> (Here I was trying to stay out of this and just sit back and watch like a
> soap opera.)

"And now a short word from our sponsor."

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 28th 04, 06:14 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message
> "P. Fritz" > wrote in message
> > "Tiffany" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > > Wooo there...... how did my name get into a flirting argument??? :)
> >
> > Maybe because you are such an expert at it???? <running and
ducking
> > for cover> :-)
>
> Takes one to know one..... ;)

You're right, Chris, watching this sort of thing *is* fun.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
August 28th 04, 11:14 PM
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:23:30 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:49:26 GMT, "CME" >
>> wrote:

>one
>> >of

>Pete's

>seen
>tourist

>> >more

>> >I'm afraid my boyfriend would object..
>>
>> To Paul's immigrating? Why Paul, you devil, you! You said you didn't
>> have a criminal record as of this morning. You didn't tell me you
>> were wanted by Interpol!
>>

>Yes he is a bad bad boy, he needs a spanking Celia, go get em!

>> >I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)
>> >
>> >Christine
>>
>> Flirt, you say? FLIRT? Is THAT what you think this is? Here I am,
>> divorced for lo these 12 years come October, and not even an interest
>> in *finding* a man, never mind flirting with one, and yet, you call
>> this FLIRTING?
>>
>> [gasp]
>>
>> Of course, I suppose it could be argued, that in 12 years, I forget
>> what flirting looks like.
>>
>> But nobody would argue a thing like that, would they?
>>
>> LMAO
>>
>> Cele
>
>Um no, you're both completely innocent, it's all um Tiffany's fault.
>
>Christine

Anyway, isn't flirting what you do before you actually decide to be in
a relationship?

LOL

Cele

Cele
August 28th 04, 11:18 PM
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:42:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:49:26 GMT, "CME" >
>> wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> >I'm afraid my boyfriend would object..
>>
>> To Paul's immigrating? Why Paul, you devil, you! You said you didn't
>> have a criminal record as of this morning. You didn't tell me you
>> were wanted by Interpol!
>
>I did indeed say that I didn't have a criminal record and that's perfectly
>true. It's hardly my fault if they've never been able to prove anything is
>it?

That depends on the consciousness you've brought to creating that
situation, I'd imagine. >:-)

>> >I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)
>>
>> Flirt, you say? FLIRT? Is THAT what you think this is?
>
>I *know*! (Monica moment)
>
>> Here I am, divorced for lo these 12 years come October, and not even
>> an interest in *finding* a man, never mind flirting with one, and yet, you
>> call this FLIRTING?
>
>I think I may have a possible explanation. Maybe I'm not a man. Any
>thoughts?

That's a helluva beard for a woman....you haven't been to McLeod
recently, have you?

>> [gasp]
>
>Sit down, Cele, and put your head between your legs. You've gone quite a
>funny colour.

I'm sitting...I'm sitting....

>> Of course, I suppose it could be argued, that in 12 years, I forget
>> what flirting looks like.
>
>Then again, how much of it have you ever done? For myself I can state
>categorically that I've done virtually none at all, ever.

Me either. I suck at it. I know this because when I went on a women's
retreat this past February the topic came up and this woman decided to
tell us how it's done. She is from some country where such things are
part of the natural interactions between women and men, according to
her. Anyway. Not only was I specifically told that I suck at it and
show no potential at all, but I was even embarrassed by *her*
demonstrations. LOL

So I think I have been officially declared a lost cause. Ah well......

>> But nobody would argue a thing like that, would they?
>
>Not unless they were trying to cause trouble, that's true.
>
>> LMAO
>
>That'd be a real shame.

Well....some of it wouldn't be such a big loss.....

Cele

Cele
August 28th 04, 11:22 PM
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:32:51 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:27:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>> >"Cele" > wrote in message
>
><snip>

>> >Sweet-talker. You're after something, I can tell.
>>
>> But WHO will you tell?
>
>Everyone who's reading this newsgroup to start with. Currently that seems
>to be 4 or maybe even 5 people.

Well, that takes care of one of the wh questions. On to the next. And
WHAT will you tell them?

><snip>

>> >I dunno, I didn't think standing would be part of it. I was assuming
>more
>> >of a grovelling posture would be needed.
>>
>> Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
>> Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
>> Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL
>
>And there's me thinking *all* Canadians are both fine and upstanding. Ah
>well, back to the drawing board I suppose.

But you told me to sit down! And put my head between my legs! No damn
pleasing some people....8-P

>Then again, and, naturally, only as a last resort, I suppose I could just
>marry one. Purely for the citizenship of course.

Yeah, that'd work. So have you looked into it, then? ;-)

>> >:-Þ
>> >
>> >Anyway I thought you said you wanted to move here.
>>
>> I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
>
>Recently, yes but didn't you say something in the group a good while ago
>about moving to the UK?

I believe I said I was considering a teacher exchange for a year or
two. Still could. But it'd have to be after T is launched. And no,
that's not a reference to a cannon.....

Cele

CME
August 28th 04, 11:51 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> > "P. Fritz" > wrote in message
> > > "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>

:)

> > > Maybe because you are such an expert at it???? <running and
> ducking
> > > for cover> :-)
> >
> > Takes one to know one..... ;)
>
> You're right, Chris, watching this sort of thing *is* fun.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

LMAO. Yep.

Christine

CME
August 29th 04, 12:29 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
> > "Cele" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
> > > Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
> > > Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL
> >
> > I'm afraid my boyfriend would object..
>
> And he doesn' even know me. Oh dear.
>
> BTW should I know about this boyfriend 'cos I don't think I do? Have I
lost
> the plot *again*.

Oh it's a very romantic drama that involves turmoil, travel, declarations,
risk and finally fulfillment. *sigh* a real tear jerker.

> > > I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
> >
> > I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)
>
> Is that what we're doing?

Yes.

> Should I be worried?

No.

> Am I any good at it?

Quite.

> I should be told, I think.

Just did.

Christine
> --
> Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 29th 04, 01:28 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Anyway, isn't flirting what you do before you actually decide to be in
> a relationship?

Jeez, Cele, are you in a relationship? I'm so sorry. I'd have never said
those things if I'd known. Forgive me? It was probably just the drink,
okay?

> LOL

Umm...

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 29th 04, 02:09 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:42:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >I did indeed say that I didn't have a criminal record and that's
perfectly
> >true. It's hardly my fault if they've never been able to prove anything
is
> >it?
>
> That depends on the consciousness you've brought to creating that
> situation, I'd imagine. >:-)

It does? Oh.

Care to explain further?

> >> Here I am, divorced for lo these 12 years come October, and not even
> >> an interest in *finding* a man, never mind flirting with one, and yet,
you
> >> call this FLIRTING?
> >
> >I think I may have a possible explanation. Maybe I'm not a man. Any
> >thoughts?
>
> That's a helluva beard for a woman....you haven't been to McLeod
> recently, have you?

No, I don't think so. I'm guessing it's not in BC, right?

> >> [gasp]
> >
> >Sit down, Cele, and put your head between your legs. You've gone quite a
> >funny colour.
>
> I'm sitting...I'm sitting....

Then do the head thing too. It often seems to help.

> >> Of course, I suppose it could be argued, that in 12 years, I forget
> >> what flirting looks like.
> >
> >Then again, how much of it have you ever done? For myself I can state
> >categorically that I've done virtually none at all, ever.
>
> Me either. I suck at it. I know this because when I went on a women's
> retreat this past February the topic came up and this woman decided to
> tell us how it's done. She is from some country where such things are
> part of the natural interactions between women and men, according to
> her. Anyway. Not only was I specifically told that I suck at it and
> show no potential at all, but I was even embarrassed by *her*
> demonstrations. LOL

Then maybe *she* sucks at it. Subtle is often best IMHO. The ones that
don't get subtle I can live without.

Still, if you feel you need more practise I'm sure some here would be happy
to oblige. Off you go.

> So I think I have been officially declared a lost cause. Ah well......

Such a shame. Mind you you are pretty much past it now I suppose. ;-)

<snip>

> >> LMAO
> >
> >That'd be a real shame.
>
> Well....some of it wouldn't be such a big loss.....

I've cycled behind you around Stanley Park so trust me on this you have
nothing to worry about in that respect.

Oh and before you ask, yes of course I would lie if I thought it'd do me any
good, IYKWIM, but I'm thousands of miles away so I'm not.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 29th 04, 02:13 AM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > BTW should I know about this boyfriend 'cos I don't think I do? Have I
> > lost the plot *again*.
> >

> Oh it's a very romantic drama that involves turmoil, travel, declarations,
> risk and finally fulfillment. *sigh* a real tear jerker.

Fulfillment is good. Sounds like it has a happy ending. I hope so.

<snip>

> > > I'd much rather see you two flirt, it makes me giggle. :)
> >
> > Is that what we're doing?
> >
> Yes.

Oh?

> > Should I be worried?
> >
> No.

Good.

> > Am I any good at it?
> >
> Quite.

Any pointers?

> > I should be told, I think.
> >
> Just did.

Good point.

Only "quite good" though? Sigh.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 29th 04, 02:28 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:32:51 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:27:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

<snip>

> >> But WHO will you tell?
> >
> >Everyone who's reading this newsgroup to start with. Currently that
seems
> >to be 4 or maybe even 5 people.
>
> Well, that takes care of one of the wh questions. On to the next. And
> WHAT will you tell them?

I did that already. Keep up at the back please.

<snip>

> >> Well, I'll sponsor you.....that's what you need, a fine, upstanding
> >> Canadian to sponsor you. Oh wait! Maybe you should try Christine or
> >> Kat, if they want fine and upstanding....LOL
> >
> >And there's me thinking *all* Canadians are both fine and upstanding. Ah
> >well, back to the drawing board I suppose.
>
> But you told me to sit down! And put my head between my legs! No damn
> pleasing some people....8-P

That was then, this is now. Stuff changes, live with it.

Once again, you need to try to keep up. If it would help you to do that I'd
be more than happy to type slower.

> >Then again, and, naturally, only as a last resort, I suppose I could just
> >marry one. Purely for the citizenship of course.
>
> Yeah, that'd work. So have you looked into it, then? ;-)

Of course I have. They're having a special offer at the moment. Pass mark
is down to 67 for qualified folks right now.

<snip>

> >> I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
> >
> >Recently, yes but didn't you say something in the group a good while ago
> >about moving to the UK?
>
> I believe I said I was considering a teacher exchange for a year or
> two. Still could. But it'd have to be after T is launched. And no,
> that's not a reference to a cannon.....

Ah, just that does trigger the odd deeply buried memory or two with me.
Okay, no problem.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
August 29th 04, 05:10 AM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 01:28:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>
><snip>
>
>> Anyway, isn't flirting what you do before you actually decide to be in
>> a relationship?
>
>Jeez, Cele, are you in a relationship? I'm so sorry. I'd have never said
>those things if I'd known. Forgive me? It was probably just the drink,
>okay?
>
>> LOL
>
>Umm...

[hilarious laughter]

Yeah, well, you know, Paul....it was okay until that time in the
field...you know what I'm saying....and you can't blame *that* on the
stars, so don't even try.

LMAO

Cele

CME
August 29th 04, 06:31 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
> > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > > BTW should I know about this boyfriend 'cos I don't think I do? Have
> > > lost the plot *again*.
> > >

> > Oh it's a very romantic drama that involves turmoil, travel,
declarations,
> > risk and finally fulfillment. *sigh* a real tear jerker.
>
> Fulfillment is good. Sounds like it has a happy ending. I hope so.

I do too or I'll have to head to Costco for the bulk kleenex. ;)

> <snip>

> > > Is that what we're doing?
> > >
> > Yes.
>
> Oh?
>
> > > Should I be worried?
> > >
> > No.
>
> Good.
>
> > > Am I any good at it?
> > >
> > Quite.
>
> Any pointers?

You seem to be doing a fair job on your own, I don't think you need me
holding your hand.

> > > I should be told, I think.
> > >
> > Just did.
>
> Good point.
>
> Only "quite good" though? Sigh.

Ah well I blush a tad and the references aren't even in my direction. Tee
hee.

/me adds fuel to the pyre. lol

Christine

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 29th 04, 05:22 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Fulfillment is good. Sounds like it has a happy ending. I hope so.
>
> I do too or I'll have to head to Costco for the bulk kleenex. ;)

Fingers and toes crossed at this end then.

[Re: Flirting]

> > Any pointers?
>
> You seem to be doing a fair job on your own, I don't think you need me
> holding your hand.

I'll take that as a compliment, of sorts, then.

<snip>

> > Only "quite good" though? Sigh.
> >
> Ah well I blush a tad and the references aren't even in my direction. Tee
> hee.

LOL If I can make *you* blush then I'm happy. :-Þ

> /me adds fuel to the pyre. lol

Good on ya. ;-)

--
Paul Griffiths

denanson
August 29th 04, 06:03 PM
"Cele" wrote in message

> I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....

Better come here then.

I am competant at:- Old time, slow and Viennese Waltz, Quickstep, Foxtrot,
Salsa, Tango and merringa (sp)
Plus loads of Irish old time stuff.

Dennis

Paul Griffiths
August 29th 04, 07:01 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> "Cele" wrote in message
> >
> > I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
>
> Better come here then.
>
> I am competant at:- Old time, slow and Viennese Waltz, Quickstep, Foxtrot,
> Salsa, Tango and merringa (sp)
> Plus loads of Irish old time stuff.

Sob.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
August 29th 04, 09:07 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 01:28:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >> Anyway, isn't flirting what you do before you actually decide to be in
> >> a relationship?
> >
> >Jeez, Cele, are you in a relationship? I'm so sorry. I'd have never
said
> >those things if I'd known. Forgive me? It was probably just the drink,
> >okay?
> >
> >> LOL
> >
> >Umm...
>
> [hilarious laughter]
>
> Yeah, well, you know, Paul....it was okay until that time in the
> field...you know what I'm saying....and you can't blame *that* on the
> stars, so don't even try.

You mean on that camp site in the forest? Heck, don't blame me, I was just
looking at the Milky Way and trying to find Cassiopeia when all storts of
strange things started to happen. The rest, as they say, is history.

> LMAO

Yeah, some things don't change it seems. Sigh.

--
Paul Griffiths

lm
August 29th 04, 11:45 PM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:01:45 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
>> "Cele" wrote in message
>> >
>> > I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
>>
>> Better come here then.
>>
>> I am competant at:- Old time, slow and Viennese Waltz, Quickstep, Foxtrot,
>> Salsa, Tango and merringa (sp)
>> Plus loads of Irish old time stuff.
>
>Sob.

LOL are you crying or calling Dennis names? :-)

lm

CME
August 30th 04, 12:44 AM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:01:45 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:

> >> Better come here then.
> >>
> >> I am competant at:- Old time, slow and Viennese Waltz, Quickstep,
Foxtrot,
> >> Salsa, Tango and merringa (sp)
> >> Plus loads of Irish old time stuff.
> >
> >Sob.
>
> LOL are you crying or calling Dennis names? :-)
>
> lm

I think both. lol

Christine

Paul Griffiths
August 30th 04, 01:03 AM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:01:45 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:

> >> Better come here then.
> >>
> >> I am competant at:- Old time, slow and Viennese Waltz, Quickstep,
Foxtrot,
> >> Salsa, Tango and merringa (sp)
> >> Plus loads of Irish old time stuff.
> >
> >Sob.
>
> LOL are you crying or calling Dennis names? :-)

Yes.

Okay, okay, I'm crying. Is that what you wanted to hear?

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
August 30th 04, 05:13 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "lm" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:01:45 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > > wrote:

> Foxtrot,
> > >
> > >Sob.
> >
> > LOL are you crying or calling Dennis names? :-)
>
> Yes.
>
> Okay, okay, I'm crying. Is that what you wanted to hear?
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

But only because he didn't offer to dance with you I bet.

Christine

Paul Griffiths
August 30th 04, 01:12 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "lm" > wrote in message
> > > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:01:45 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

<snip>

> > > LOL are you crying or calling Dennis names? :-)
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > Okay, okay, I'm crying. Is that what you wanted to hear?
>
> But only because he didn't offer to dance with you I bet.

I'm not playing with you any more. You're too good.

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
August 30th 04, 08:08 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>

Quickstep,

> > > Yes.
> > >
> > > Okay, okay, I'm crying. Is that what you wanted to hear?
> >
> > But only because he didn't offer to dance with you I bet.
>
> I'm not playing with you any more. You're too good.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Awwwwwwwwwww

Christine

Cele
August 31st 04, 04:55 AM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:07:39 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 01:28:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>> >"Cele" > wrote in message
>> >
>> ><snip>

>> >Jeez, Cele, are you in a relationship? I'm so sorry. I'd have never
>said
>> >those things if I'd known. Forgive me? It was probably just the drink,
>> >okay?

>> >Umm...
>>
>> [hilarious laughter]
>>
>> Yeah, well, you know, Paul....it was okay until that time in the
>> field...you know what I'm saying....and you can't blame *that* on the
>> stars, so don't even try.
>
>You mean on that camp site in the forest? Heck, don't blame me, I was just
>looking at the Milky Way and trying to find Cassiopeia when all storts of
>strange things started to happen. The rest, as they say, is history.

That was a field, not a campsite. The campsite was the bit where we
were digging trenches, remember?

>> LMAO
>
>Yeah, some things don't change it seems. Sigh.

No, but with enough effort....

Cele

Cele
August 31st 04, 04:59 AM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:09:20 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:42:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>> >"Cele" > wrote in message
>
><snip>
>
>> >I did indeed say that I didn't have a criminal record and that's
>perfectly
>> >true. It's hardly my fault if they've never been able to prove anything
>is
>> >it?
>>
>> That depends on the consciousness you've brought to creating that
>> situation, I'd imagine. >:-)
>
>It does? Oh.
>
>Care to explain further?

Were you awake or asleep at the time of the crime, Mr. Griffiths?

>you
>> >
>> >I think I may have a possible explanation. Maybe I'm not a man. Any
>> >thoughts?
>>
>> That's a helluva beard for a woman....you haven't been to McLeod
>> recently, have you?
>
>No, I don't think so. I'm guessing it's not in BC, right?

Actually, it is....but northern BC....between Prince George and Dawson
Creek....

>> >Sit down, Cele, and put your head between your legs. You've gone quite a
>> >funny colour.
>>
>> I'm sitting...I'm sitting....
>
>Then do the head thing too. It often seems to help.

I'm trying to get a head's up on all this, though.

>> >Then again, how much of it have you ever done? For myself I can state
>> >categorically that I've done virtually none at all, ever.
>>
>> Me either. I suck at it. I know this because when I went on a women's
>> retreat this past February the topic came up and this woman decided to
>> tell us how it's done. She is from some country where such things are
>> part of the natural interactions between women and men, according to
>> her. Anyway. Not only was I specifically told that I suck at it and
>> show no potential at all, but I was even embarrassed by *her*
>> demonstrations. LOL
>
>Then maybe *she* sucks at it. Subtle is often best IMHO. The ones that
>don't get subtle I can live without.

She claimed she was subtle but it didn't look very subtle to me.

>Still, if you feel you need more practise I'm sure some here would be happy
>to oblige. Off you go.

Nah, 's'okay, I think I'll hobble along in my currently imperfect
state....

>> So I think I have been officially declared a lost cause. Ah well......
>
>Such a shame. Mind you you are pretty much past it now I suppose. ;-)
>
><snip>

Beatings at dawn. Under Cassiopea!

>> >That'd be a real shame.
>>
>> Well....some of it wouldn't be such a big loss.....
>
>I've cycled behind you around Stanley Park so trust me on this you have
>nothing to worry about in that respect.

But you were on a tandem, your vision might've been distorted by all
the exertion....

>Oh and before you ask, yes of course I would lie if I thought it'd do me any
>good, IYKWIM, but I'm thousands of miles away so I'm not.

This is true. Ah well.

Cele

Cele
August 31st 04, 05:03 AM
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:03:42 +0100, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Cele" wrote in message
>>
>> I think what I said was I wanted to go dancing....
>
>Better come here then.
>
>I am competant at:- Old time, slow and Viennese Waltz, Quickstep, Foxtrot,
>Salsa, Tango and merringa (sp)
>Plus loads of Irish old time stuff.

Well, I can do....um.....a bit of jive, a bit of tango and, uh...the
Highland Fling and the Sword Dance and the Siann Triubhas......

Right, ok, I think I better do lessons first.

Cele

Paul Griffiths
August 31st 04, 11:42 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:07:39 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message

> >> Yeah, well, you know, Paul....it was okay until that time in the
> >> field...you know what I'm saying....and you can't blame *that* on the
> >> stars, so don't even try.
> >
> >You mean on that camp site in the forest? Heck, don't blame me, I was
just
> >looking at the Milky Way and trying to find Cassiopeia when all storts of
> >strange things started to happen. The rest, as they say, is history.
>
> That was a field, not a campsite. The campsite was the bit where we
> were digging trenches, remember?

There is no way on Earth I'm ever likely to *forget* those damned trenches,
Cele. That sort of thing affects a man in ways I simply couldn't have
imagined beforehand.

> >> LMAO
> >
> >Yeah, some things don't change it seems. Sigh.
>
> No, but with enough effort....

Is it still worth doing if it takes lots of effort?

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
September 1st 04, 11:54 PM
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:42:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:07:39 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:

>> >You mean on that camp site in the forest? Heck, don't blame me, I was
>just
>> >looking at the Milky Way and trying to find Cassiopeia when all storts of
>> >strange things started to happen. The rest, as they say, is history.
>>
>> That was a field, not a campsite. The campsite was the bit where we
>> were digging trenches, remember?
>
>There is no way on Earth I'm ever likely to *forget* those damned trenches,
>Cele. That sort of thing affects a man in ways I simply couldn't have
>imagined beforehand.

Well, I know, but they had to be deep, because of the torrents,
remember?

>> >Yeah, some things don't change it seems. Sigh.
>>
>> No, but with enough effort....
>
>Is it still worth doing if it takes lots of effort?

I guess that depends.....

Cele

Paul Griffiths
September 2nd 04, 03:06 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:42:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:07:39 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

> >> That was a field, not a campsite. The campsite was the bit where we
> >> were digging trenches, remember?
> >
> >There is no way on Earth I'm ever likely to *forget* those damned
trenches,
> >Cele. That sort of thing affects a man in ways I simply couldn't have
> >imagined beforehand.
>
> Well, I know, but they had to be deep, because of the torrents,
> remember?

Were the Torrents the family staying in the camper van?

> >> No, but with enough effort....
> >
> >Is it still worth doing if it takes lots of effort?
>
> I guess that depends.....

I was asking for your opinion. What do you think?

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
September 3rd 04, 06:24 AM
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:06:43 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:42:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:

>> >There is no way on Earth I'm ever likely to *forget* those damned
>trenches,
>> >Cele. That sort of thing affects a man in ways I simply couldn't have
>> >imagined beforehand.
>>
>> Well, I know, but they had to be deep, because of the torrents,
>> remember?
>
>Were the Torrents the family staying in the camper van?

Third site to the right. Uphill. And we could NOT get them to use the
outhouse......

>> >Is it still worth doing if it takes lots of effort?
>>
>> I guess that depends.....
>
>I was asking for your opinion. What do you think?

Depends on what it is. If it takes a lot of effort, say, to get a
label off a jar, then the hell with it. Toss the jar, say I. On the
other hand, if we're talking about important relationships,
absolutely, it is. The amount of effort that makes a thing worth it,
depends on how important the thing is to you and yours, including to
your value system. IMO. OTTOMH. oh no! NAA!

LOL

Cele

denanson
September 4th 04, 03:06 PM
"lm" < wrote in message

>"Paul Griffiths" wrote:
> >
> >Sob.
>
> LOL are you crying or calling Dennis names? :-)

I hope not, my mother was perfect.

Dennis

Paul Griffiths
September 5th 04, 03:57 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:06:43 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
>"Cele" > wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:42:16 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

> >> Well, I know, but they had to be deep, because of the torrents,
> >> remember?
> >
> >Were the Torrents the family staying in the camper van?
>
> Third site to the right. Uphill. And we could NOT get them to use the
> outhouse......

I thought that's who it was. They were nice and friendly though. Happy to
lend us some dry toilet paper IIRC.

<snip>

> >> I guess that depends.....
> >
> >I was asking for your opinion. What do you think?
>
> Depends on what it is. If it takes a lot of effort, say, to get a
> label off a jar, then the hell with it. Toss the jar, say I. On the
> other hand, if we're talking about important relationships,
> absolutely, it is. The amount of effort that makes a thing worth it,
> depends on how important the thing is to you and yours, including to
> your value system.

Then I'm with you 100%.

> IMO. OTTOMH. oh no! NAA!
>
> LOL

Caps Lock key stuck? ;-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 5th 04, 04:03 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:09:20 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> That depends on the consciousness you've brought to creating that
> >> situation, I'd imagine. >:-)
> >
> >It does? Oh.
> >
> >Care to explain further?
>
> Were you awake or asleep at the time of the crime, Mr. Griffiths?

I can't think of many crimes I could commit whilst being asleep and none of
them would be much fun IMHO.

<snip>

> >> That's a helluva beard for a woman....you haven't been to McLeod
> >> recently, have you?
> >
> >No, I don't think so. I'm guessing it's not in BC, right?
>
> Actually, it is....but northern BC....between Prince George and Dawson
> Creek....

Ah now Prince George I've been to. Seemed like rather a nice place.

{Re: Flirting]

> >> Me either. I suck at it. I know this because when I went on a women's
> >> retreat this past February the topic came up and this woman decided to
> >> tell us how it's done. She is from some country where such things are
> >> part of the natural interactions between women and men, according to
> >> her. Anyway. Not only was I specifically told that I suck at it and
> >> show no potential at all, but I was even embarrassed by *her*
> >> demonstrations. LOL
> >
> >Then maybe *she* sucks at it. Subtle is often best IMHO. The ones that
> >don't get subtle I can live without.
>
> She claimed she was subtle but it didn't look very subtle to me.

Then it obviously wasn't subtle unless I'm missing something.

> >Still, if you feel you need more practise I'm sure some here would be
happy
> >to oblige. Off you go.
>
> Nah, 's'okay, I think I'll hobble along in my currently imperfect
> state....

Is that an assumption or has someone told you you're not perfect?

> >> So I think I have been officially declared a lost cause. Ah well......
> >
> >Such a shame. Mind you you are pretty much past it now I suppose. ;-)
> >
> ><snip>
>
> Beatings at dawn. Under Cassiopea!

Sounds good to me. Will you remember or will I have to?

[Re: bottomy bits]

> >> Well....some of it wouldn't be such a big loss.....
> >
> >I've cycled behind you around Stanley Park so trust me on this you have
> >nothing to worry about in that respect.
>
> But you were on a tandem, your vision might've been distorted by all
> the exertion....

I *do* remember the exertion and wondering if I'd stay alive long enough to
enjoy the whole journey but I don't recall it affecting my vision.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 5th 04, 04:04 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> "lm" < wrote in message
> >"Paul Griffiths" wrote:
> > >
> > >Sob.
> >
> > LOL are you crying or calling Dennis names? :-)
>
> I hope not, my mother was perfect.

And were you immaculate?

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
September 6th 04, 05:56 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:09:20 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > > wrote:
> > >"Cele" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>

> > >It does? Oh.
> > >
> > >Care to explain further?
> >
> > Were you awake or asleep at the time of the crime, Mr. Griffiths?
>
> I can't think of many crimes I could commit whilst being asleep and none
of
> them would be much fun IMHO.
>
> <snip>

> > >No, I don't think so. I'm guessing it's not in BC, right?
> >
> > Actually, it is....but northern BC....between Prince George and Dawson
> > Creek....
>
> Ah now Prince George I've been to. Seemed like rather a nice place.

<snip>

No, no and another no for good measure. I lived there close to 10 years ago
and hated it. Perhaps it's changed, but one of the things that would've
been nice is something open on Sundays... the whole town shut down half the
weekend. Yeesh. Hmmm I wonder if the boys were conceived on a Sunday, geez
I wouldn't doubt it. lol

Christine

Paul Griffiths
September 6th 04, 07:21 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Ah now Prince George I've been to. Seemed like rather a nice place.
>
> No, no and another no for good measure. I lived there close to 10 years
ago
> and hated it. Perhaps it's changed, but one of the things that would've
> been nice is something open on Sundays... the whole town shut down half
the
> weekend. Yeesh. Hmmm I wonder if the boys were conceived on a Sunday,
geez
> I wouldn't doubt it. lol

I have a feeling we may have been looking for something different out of the
place and we did only stop in passing.

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
September 6th 04, 08:59 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
> > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Ah now Prince George I've been to. Seemed like rather a nice place.
> >
> > No, no and another no for good measure. I lived there close to 10 years
> ago
> > and hated it. Perhaps it's changed, but one of the things that would've
> > been nice is something open on Sundays... the whole town shut down half
> the
> > weekend. Yeesh. Hmmm I wonder if the boys were conceived on a Sunday,
> geez
> > I wouldn't doubt it. lol
>
> I have a feeling we may have been looking for something different out of
the
> place and we did only stop in passing.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

The interior of BC is lovely, that I remember quite well. The camping trips
were quite fun.

Christine

Cele
September 6th 04, 10:56 PM
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 04:56:58 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>No, no and another no for good measure. I lived there close to 10 years ago
>and hated it. Perhaps it's changed, but one of the things that would've
>been nice is something open on Sundays... the whole town shut down half the
>weekend. Yeesh. Hmmm I wonder if the boys were conceived on a Sunday, geez
>I wouldn't doubt it. lol
>
>Christine

I agree. Prince George is not a place I'd choose to live. I think the
stores are open Sundays now though.

Cele

denanson
September 7th 04, 12:17 AM
"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message

> "denanson" wrote in message

> > > LOL are you crying or calling Dennis names? :-)
> >
> > I hope not, my mother was perfect.
>
> And were you immaculate?

Conceptually, yes. Still am IMO ;-)

Dennis