PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting married...

Paul Griffiths
September 2nd 04, 05:39 PM
....before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say you
haven't been warned .

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 2nd 04, 09:52 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say
you
> haven't been warned .

Damn! I've already accepted another offer too!

Betsy

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

> > ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say
> > you haven't been warned .
>
> Damn! I've already accepted another offer too!

But that's great news already. Hope all goes well.

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
September 3rd 04, 02:13 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say
you
> haven't been warned .
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at 30
we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with it,
but it's a comforting feeling.

Christine

Betsy
September 3rd 04, 02:20 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
> > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>
> > > ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't
say
> > > you haven't been warned .
> >
> > Damn! I've already accepted another offer too!
>
> But that's great news already. Hope all goes well.

Let's hope so. He's coming to the US from the UK so...tons of paperwork
first. Will let you know when the "big day" is going to be; as soon as I
find out.

Betsy
> --
> Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 3rd 04, 02:21 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say
> you
> > haven't been warned .
> >

> > --
> > Paul Griffiths
> >

> I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at 30
> we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with it,
> but it's a comforting feeling.
>
> Christine

Well that 30 year milestone has come and gone for me. I hit 33 in 3 weeks.

Betsy

lm
September 3rd 04, 02:21 AM
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:13:56 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>> ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say
>you
>> haven't been warned .
>>

>> --
>> Paul Griffiths
>>

>I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at 30
>we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with it,
>but it's a comforting feeling.

OMG are you not 30 yet?

lm

Betsy
September 3rd 04, 02:36 AM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:13:56 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> >> ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't
say
> >you
> >> haven't been warned .
> >>

> >> --
> >> Paul Griffiths
> >>

> >I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at 30
> >we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with
it,
> >but it's a comforting feeling.
> >

> OMG are you not 30 yet?
>
> lm

That was my thoughts...but I didn't want to post that. THanks for doing it
for me

Betsy

CME
September 3rd 04, 05:06 AM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:13:56 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> >> ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't
say
> >you
> >> haven't been warned .
> >>

> >> --
> >> Paul Griffiths
> >>

> >I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at 30
> >we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with
it,
> >but it's a comforting feeling.
> >

> OMG are you not 30 yet?
>
> lm

LOL no, I turned 28 in May. :)

Christine

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 07:37 AM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "Betsy" > wrote in message

> > > Damn! I've already accepted another offer too!
> >
> > But that's great news already. Hope all goes well.
>
> Let's hope so. He's coming to the US from the UK so...tons of paperwork
> first.

Interesting. An online romance then? Where in the UK?

> Will let you know when the "big day" is going to be; as soon as I find
out.

Excellent. I'll try to be there. I look almost presentable in a suit.
:-))

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 07:38 AM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

> > ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say
> > you haven't been warned .
>
> I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at 30
> we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with it,
> but it's a comforting feeling.

I can see that it would be. It takes a lot of the stress out of the whole
process doesn't it?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 07:39 AM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:13:56 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:

<snip>

> >I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at 30
> >we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with
it,
> >but it's a comforting feeling.
>
> OMG are you not 30 yet?

She's had a hard life so she's entitled to look older than she is, I'd say.
;-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 07:40 AM
"Betsy" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Well that 30 year milestone has come and gone for me. I hit 33 in 3
weeks.

Hitting things never helps in the long run. Try to find another way of
resolving your differences.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 07:42 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:39:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
>
> >...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say
you
> >haven't been warned .
>
> So were you planning to post a form, or what? Maybe you should have a
> website. With web enabled form, of course.

I dunno, I was assuming folks would send application letters by email or
whatever. The things that they felt it was important to mention would be as
enlightening as what they actually said IMHO.

So does this mean you are expressing an interest?

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 3rd 04, 10:23 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
> > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > > "Betsy" > wrote in message

> > > But that's great news already. Hope all goes well.
> >
> > Let's hope so. He's coming to the US from the UK so...tons of paperwork
> > first.
>
> Interesting. An online romance then? Where in the UK?

He's on the Isle of Man. Beautiful place from the photos I've seen.

> > Will let you know when the "big day" is going to be; as soon as I find
> out.
>
> Excellent. I'll try to be there. I look almost presentable in a suit.
> :-))
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

I'll make sure there's a seat for you :)

Betsy

Betsy
September 3rd 04, 10:24 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > Well that 30 year milestone has come and gone for me. I hit 33 in 3
> weeks.
>
> Hitting things never helps in the long run. Try to find another way of
> resolving your differences.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Ah, but I was told hitting a pillow was a good way to relieve anger. Is
that now wrong?

Betsy

Cele
September 3rd 04, 10:36 AM
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:42:20 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:39:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't say
>you
>> >haven't been warned .
>>
>> So were you planning to post a form, or what? Maybe you should have a
>> website. With web enabled form, of course.
>
>I dunno, I was assuming folks would send application letters by email or
>whatever. The things that they felt it was important to mention would be as
>enlightening as what they actually said IMHO.
>
>So does this mean you are expressing an interest?

[looks behind. looks beside.] Huh? Who, me?

I'm interested in online forms.....

I'm interested in forms in general.....

So tell us about your form, then.

Cele

CME
September 3rd 04, 04:01 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
> > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>
> > > ...before I get to 50. Applications are being accepted now so don't
say
> > > you haven't been warned .
> >
> > I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at
30
> > we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with
it,
> > but it's a comforting feeling.
>
> I can see that it would be. It takes a lot of the stress out of the whole
> process doesn't it?
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
Frankly, no.

Christine

CME
September 3rd 04, 04:02 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "lm" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:13:56 GMT, "CME" >
> > wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > >I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at
30
> > >we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with
> it,
> > >but it's a comforting feeling.
> >
> > OMG are you not 30 yet?
>
> She's had a hard life so she's entitled to look older than she is, I'd
say.
> ;-)
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Act older I hope, look, well afraid not, I still get IDed.

Christine

Karen O'Mara
September 3rd 04, 08:47 PM
"CME" > wrote in message news:<ozPZc.87382$X12.38282@edtnps84>...
> I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at 30
> we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with it,
> but it's a comforting feeling.

Don't settle at 30! Thirty is too young and you have too many feelings
to explore. If you're going to settle, wait until your 60, at least.

Karen

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 10:21 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "Betsy" > wrote in message
> > > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > > Let's hope so. He's coming to the US from the UK so...tons of
paperwork
> > > first.
> >
> > Interesting. An online romance then? Where in the UK?
>
> He's on the Isle of Man. Beautiful place from the photos I've seen.

Never been but those that have certainly think it's worth going back.

> > > Will let you know when the "big day" is going to be; as soon as I find
> > out.
> >
> > Excellent. I'll try to be there. I look almost presentable in a suit.
> > :-))
>
> I'll make sure there's a seat for you :)

You're too kind.

Paul

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 10:22 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "Betsy" > wrote in message
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > Well that 30 year milestone has come and gone for me. I hit 33 in 3
> > weeks.
> >
> > Hitting things never helps in the long run. Try to find another way of
> > resolving your differences.
> >
> Ah, but I was told hitting a pillow was a good way to relieve anger. Is
> that now wrong?

Of course. Even pillows have feelings.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 10:26 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "CME" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > > I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at
> > > 30 we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through
with
> > > it, but it's a comforting feeling.
> >
> > I can see that it would be. It takes a lot of the stress out of the
whole
> > process doesn't it?
>
> Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
> crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
> Frankly, no.

It's a personal choice, obviously, but I wouldn't "settle" either.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 3rd 04, 10:28 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:42:20 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:39:54 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

> >> So were you planning to post a form, or what? Maybe you should have a
> >> website. With web enabled form, of course.
> >
> >I dunno, I was assuming folks would send application letters by email or
> >whatever. The things that they felt it was important to mention would be
as
> >enlightening as what they actually said IMHO.
> >
> >So does this mean you are expressing an interest?
>
> [looks behind. looks beside.] Huh? Who, me?

Anyone at all really but you at the moment, yes.

> I'm interested in online forms.....

Ah. From a technical point of view?

> I'm interested in forms in general.....

Oh. I find them intimidating and boring in equal measure.

> So tell us about your form, then.

I thought we'd established I didn't have any.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
September 4th 04, 01:00 AM
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:02:49 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>Act older I hope, look, well afraid not, I still get IDed.

Damn, girl! I only got ID'd until I was 26. And that was waaaaaaaay
back, when nutrition was poorer....vision was weaker....

[sigh]

Cele

Cele
September 4th 04, 01:03 AM
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 22:26:36 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"CME" > wrote in message
>> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>> > "CME" > wrote in message
>
><snip>

>with
>> >
>> > I can see that it would be. It takes a lot of the stress out of the
>whole
>> > process doesn't it?
>>
>> Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
>> crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
>> Frankly, no.
>
>It's a personal choice, obviously, but I wouldn't "settle" either.

Same here.

I want it all. Or nothing. And I'm just arrogant enough to think the
'all' is a possibility. If not, I'll live.

:-)

Cele

Cele
September 4th 04, 01:06 AM
On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 22:28:46 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>> >So does this mean you are expressing an interest?
>>
>> [looks behind. looks beside.] Huh? Who, me?
>
>Anyone at all really but you at the moment, yes.

So how long a moment have I got, then? Should I start a timer? LOL

>> I'm interested in online forms.....
>
>Ah. From a technical point of view?

Whatever point of view's on offer, I'd say.

>> I'm interested in forms in general.....
>
>Oh. I find them intimidating and boring in equal measure.

I guess that'd depend on the form.

>> So tell us about your form, then.
>
>I thought we'd established I didn't have any.

I'm sure I saw one when you were here....

Cele

denanson
September 4th 04, 02:54 PM
"lm" < wrote in message

I hit 33 in 3
> >> weeks.
> >>
> >> Hitting things never helps in the long run. Try to find another way of
> >> resolving your differences.
> >>
> >Ah, but I was told hitting a pillow was a good way to relieve anger. Is
> >that now wrong?
>
> You hit the nail on the head there, betsy.

Thumping punchline Laura ;-)

Dennis

denanson
September 4th 04, 02:57 PM
"CME" wrote in message > >

> LOL no, I turned 28 in May. :)

Ah, younger than my two oldest.
They have no desire to marry by a certain age. Why do you?
In fact, why marry at all?

Dennis, married for life, twice!

lm
September 4th 04, 03:14 PM
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:06:19 GMT, Cele
> wrote:

>>> [looks behind. looks beside.] Huh? Who, me?
>>
>>Anyone at all really but you at the moment, yes.
>
>So how long a moment have I got, then? Should I start a timer? LOL
>
>>> I'm interested in online forms.....
>>
>>Ah. From a technical point of view?
>
>Whatever point of view's on offer, I'd say.
>
>>> I'm interested in forms in general.....
>>
>>Oh. I find them intimidating and boring in equal measure.
>
>I guess that'd depend on the form.
>
>>> So tell us about your form, then.
>>
>>I thought we'd established I didn't have any.
>
>I'm sure I saw one when you were here....

Oh, you two...

:-)

lm

lm
September 4th 04, 03:16 PM
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>> "CME" > wrote in message

>say
>> >
>> > I have a pact with one of my closest friends. If we're both single at
>30
>> > we're getting hitched. I'm not sure if we'll actually go through with
>it,
>> > but it's a comforting feeling.
>>
>> I can see that it would be. It takes a lot of the stress out of the whole
>> process doesn't it?
>>

>> --
>> Paul Griffiths
>>

>Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
>crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
>Frankly, no.

I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
the way it's supposed to be.

lm

Joelle
September 4th 04, 03:55 PM
>In fact, why marry at all?

My experience has been that married is better.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

CME
September 4th 04, 10:30 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "CME" wrote in message > >
> >
> > LOL no, I turned 28 in May. :)
>
> Ah, younger than my two oldest.
> They have no desire to marry by a certain age. Why do you?
> In fact, why marry at all?
>
> Dennis, married for life, twice!

I suppose I have this notion/feeling/dream that love and marriage equals
another sense of happiness that will enrich my life (seeing as how I have a
few in my life already.) My parents went through some hard times, divorced
once, and then never remarried however they've been 'together' nearly 30
years. I'd like that in my life and I'm hoping I've found it. :)

Christine

CME
September 4th 04, 10:35 PM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> >> "CME" > wrote in message

> >say

> >30
> >it,
> >>
> >> I can see that it would be. It takes a lot of the stress out of the
whole
> >> process doesn't it?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Paul Griffiths
> >>

> >Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
> >crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
> >Frankly, no.
>
> I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
> the way it's supposed to be.
>
> lm

It was a foreign feeling for me at first. I thought I truly loved my ex but
when I look back and analyze it, it wasn't a healthy sort of love that was
mature and real. I've never totally given myself to someone, just let it be
and risked everything. It's a scary, yet comfortable feeling.

Christine

Paul Griffiths
September 4th 04, 10:54 PM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:

<snip>

> >Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
> >crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
> >Frankly, no.
>
> I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
> the way it's supposed to be.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
September 5th 04, 04:07 AM
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:54:47 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"lm" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME" >
>> wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> >Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
>> >crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something comfortable?
>> >Frankly, no.
>>
>> I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
>> the way it's supposed to be.
>
>Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.

Me too. [warm smile]

Cele

lm
September 5th 04, 04:10 AM
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:07:42 GMT, Cele
> wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:54:47 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:
>
>>"lm" > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:34 GMT, "CME" >
>>> wrote:
>>
>><snip>

>>> I'm madly in love and it's comfortable too. I'm pretty sure this is
>>> the way it's supposed to be.
>>
>>Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.
>
>Me too. [warm smile]
>
>Cele

OMG you two really need to get a room.

lm, cheering :-)

Cele
September 5th 04, 04:44 AM
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:10:21 GMT, lm >
wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:07:42 GMT, Cele
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:54:47 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>>><snip>

>>>Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right on that one. Works for me anyway.
>>
>>Me too. [warm smile]
>>
>>Cele
>
>OMG you two really need to get a room.
>
>lm, cheering :-)

HEY PAUL!!!! IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

(We had some bets on how long it would take to get this
response......You've all been mighty restrained.....)

[chortle]

Cele

lm
September 5th 04, 04:51 AM
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:44:32 GMT, Cele
> wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:10:21 GMT, lm >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:07:42 GMT, Cele
> wrote:

>>>Me too. [warm smile]
>>>
>>>Cele
>>
>>OMG you two really need to get a room.
>>
>>lm, cheering :-)
>

>HEY PAUL!!!! IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>LMAO
>
>(We had some bets on how long it would take to get this
>response......You've all been mighty restrained.....)
>
>[chortle]

I was drowning in all the syrup, I had to say *something*!

A bet, eh? Are you telling me you *don't* need to get a room? And here
I was so happy for you guys!

My boys have been playing with my video camera lately and earlier
today they made a movie of two toy dinosaurs falling in love. So they
get married (officiated by a plastic pokemon character) and start
going at it when he says "kiss the bride." Someone off camera says
"get a room" and the girl dinosaur (son number 2 in falsetto voce)
says "ok" and off they go, and that's the end of the movie.

They're like the early coen brothers. I hope.

lm

Cele
September 5th 04, 05:37 AM
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:51:27 GMT, lm >
wrote:

>I was drowning in all the syrup, I had to say *something*!
>
>A bet, eh? Are you telling me you *don't* need to get a room? And here
>I was so happy for you guys!

Heh. Actually, you can go ahead and be happy for us. We are. And I
think we can get a room, so not to worry. At least, if there wasn't
six thousand miles of land and an entire ocean between us. But we're
working on that.

>My boys have been playing with my video camera lately and earlier
>today they made a movie of two toy dinosaurs falling in love. So they
>get married (officiated by a plastic pokemon character) and start
>going at it when he says "kiss the bride." Someone off camera says
>"get a room" and the girl dinosaur (son number 2 in falsetto voce)
>says "ok" and off they go, and that's the end of the movie.
>
>They're like the early coen brothers. I hope.

LMAO I love it! Well, they seem to have healthy attitudes towards
relationships at some level or other, anyway. :-)

Take care.

Cele

denanson
September 5th 04, 11:47 AM
"Karen O'Mara" wrote in message

> If you're going to settle, wait until your 60, at least.

Yeah, I am, not much longer now ;-)

Dennis

denanson
September 5th 04, 11:49 AM
"Joelle" < wrote in message

> >In fact, why marry at all?
> >

> My experience has been that married is better.

Mine has been the opposite.

Dennis

lm
September 5th 04, 02:13 PM
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 04:37:45 GMT, Cele
> wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:51:27 GMT, lm >
>wrote:
>

>>I was drowning in all the syrup, I had to say *something*!
>>
>>A bet, eh? Are you telling me you *don't* need to get a room? And here
>>I was so happy for you guys!
>
>Heh. Actually, you can go ahead and be happy for us. We are. And I
>think we can get a room, so not to worry. At least, if there wasn't
>six thousand miles of land and an entire ocean between us. But we're
>working on that.

We made it work over 10,000 miles. It's worth the wait. :-)

lm

Cele
September 5th 04, 02:26 PM
On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:13:50 GMT, lm
> claimed:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 04:37:45 GMT, Cele
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:51:27 GMT, lm >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I was drowning in all the syrup, I had to say *something*!
>>>
>>>A bet, eh? Are you telling me you *don't* need to get a room? And here
>>>I was so happy for you guys!
>>
>>Heh. Actually, you can go ahead and be happy for us. We are. And I
>>think we can get a room, so not to worry. At least, if there wasn't
>>six thousand miles of land and an entire ocean between us. But we're
>>working on that.
>
>We made it work over 10,000 miles. It's worth the wait. :-)

I suspect so...or we wouldn't be doing it....:-)

All encouragement welcome.

Cele

Paul Griffiths
September 5th 04, 03:52 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Heh. Actually, you can go ahead and be happy for us. We are. And I
> think we can get a room, so not to worry. At least, if there wasn't
> six thousand miles of land and an entire ocean between us. But we're
> working on that.

Is this the royal we or is the guy supposed to be doing something too? Oh
wait, I could just ask *him* I suppose.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 5th 04, 04:24 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 22:26:36 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"CME" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> Yes I suppose, but then it adds another. I'm madly in love and if this
> >> crashes and burns, do I really want to settle for something
comfortable?
> >> Frankly, no.
> >
> >It's a personal choice, obviously, but I wouldn't "settle" either.
>
> Same here.

Well I'd happily settle for you, I suppose, but that's not at all the same
thing.

> I want it all. Or nothing. And I'm just arrogant enough to think the
> 'all' is a possibility. If not, I'll live.

Your record certainly tends to make the "living" part a strong likelihood.
Let's hope it's the "all" option though. I think it would be much the
better one.

> :-)

:-Þ

No idea why, just wanted to lighten the mood a little.

And, no, I'm not afraid of expressing emotions. :-))

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 5th 04, 04:27 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message

> >> [looks behind. looks beside.] Huh? Who, me?
> >
> >Anyone at all really but you at the moment, yes.
>
> So how long a moment have I got, then? Should I start a timer? LOL

Nope, you have as long as you need.

> >> I'm interested in online forms.....
> >
> >Ah. From a technical point of view?
>
> Whatever point of view's on offer, I'd say.

I did some work on online forms a good few years ago. Struck me as being a
bit of a klunky mess and not terribly impressive. I keep meaning to see if
things have improved much.

> >> I'm interested in forms in general.....
> >
> >Oh. I find them intimidating and boring in equal measure.
>
> I guess that'd depend on the form.

True. How do you feel about official, government-type forms?

> >> So tell us about your form, then.
> >
> >I thought we'd established I didn't have any.
>
> I'm sure I saw one when you were here....

Sorry, that would be those damned shorts. I didn't bring enough clothes to
get away with not wearing them.

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
September 6th 04, 06:08 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:10:21 GMT, lm >
> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:07:42 GMT, Cele
> > wrote:

> >>Me too. [warm smile]
> >>
> >>Cele
> >
> >OMG you two really need to get a room.
> >
> >lm, cheering :-)
>

> HEY PAUL!!!! IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> LMAO
>
> (We had some bets on how long it would take to get this
> response......You've all been mighty restrained.....)
>
> [chortle]
>
> Cele

Ha ha ha. Yeah I could see you two had something cooking for weeks, but I
kept my mouth shut and just watched the sparks. Oh btw, Cele, isn't his
accent just dreamy? Tee hee.

Christine

Cele
September 6th 04, 06:47 AM
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 05:08:36 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>Ha ha ha. Yeah I could see you two had something cooking for weeks, but I
>kept my mouth shut and just watched the sparks. Oh btw, Cele, isn't his
>accent just dreamy? Tee hee.

Heh. His accent is lovely. So is he. But we've already got to get a
room, so I better stop there. ;-)

Cele

Cele
September 6th 04, 06:47 AM
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 15:52:59 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>
><snip>
>
>> Heh. Actually, you can go ahead and be happy for us. We are. And I
>> think we can get a room, so not to worry. At least, if there wasn't
>> six thousand miles of land and an entire ocean between us. But we're
>> working on that.
>
>Is this the royal we or is the guy supposed to be doing something too? Oh
>wait, I could just ask *him* I suppose.

That's the ticket. Ask him, and get back to me on what he says, ok?

;-)

Cele

Paul Griffiths
September 6th 04, 07:40 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 15:52:59 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >> Heh. Actually, you can go ahead and be happy for us. We are. And I
> >> think we can get a room, so not to worry. At least, if there wasn't
> >> six thousand miles of land and an entire ocean between us. But we're
> >> working on that.
> >
> >Is this the royal we or is the guy supposed to be doing something too?
Oh
> >wait, I could just ask *him* I suppose.
>
> That's the ticket. Ask him, and get back to me on what he says, ok?

He said he's busy right now but muttered something about hot tubs and
satellite TV systems. Mean anything to you?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 6th 04, 07:24 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > HEY PAUL!!!! IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > LMAO

:-))

> > (We had some bets on how long it would take to get this
> > response......You've all been mighty restrained.....)

Did I win?

> > [chortle]

Indeed.

> Ha ha ha. Yeah I could see you two had something cooking for weeks, but I
> kept my mouth shut and just watched the sparks.

Glad you found it interesting anyway. That was certainly the intention.

> Oh btw, Cele, isn't his accent just dreamy? Tee hee.

*Now* you mention it. Tut!

;-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 8th 04, 01:02 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:13:50 GMT, lm
> > claimed:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 04:37:45 GMT, Cele
> wrote:

>>>Heh. Actually, you can go ahead and be happy for us. We are. And I
>>>think we can get a room, so not to worry. At least, if there wasn't
>>>six thousand miles of land and an entire ocean between us. But we're
>>>working on that.
>>
>>We made it work over 10,000 miles. It's worth the wait. :-)
>
> I suspect so...or we wouldn't be doing it....:-)
>
> All encouragement welcome.
>
> Cele

If it's right, you will know. I mean seriously, if you are going to keep
going with so much distance...it's got to be real. That's my take on the
subject. It's been 6 months for me...and still working on the citizenship
thing. Good luck to you both!

Betsy

Paul Griffiths
September 8th 04, 01:59 AM
"Betsy" > wrote in message

<snip>

> If it's right, you will know. I mean seriously, if you are going to keep
> going with so much distance...it's got to be real. That's my take on the
> subject. It's been 6 months for me...and still working on the citizenship
> thing. Good luck to you both!

Thanks. Should we make it a race? Have to be handicapped somehow 'cos you
guys had a head start. Be fun to meet up one day though, if it all works
out I mean.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
September 8th 04, 05:07 AM
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:02:01 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:13:50 GMT, lm
>> > claimed:

>>>We made it work over 10,000 miles. It's worth the wait. :-)
>>
>> I suspect so...or we wouldn't be doing it....:-)
>>
>> All encouragement welcome.
>>
>> Cele
>
>If it's right, you will know. I mean seriously, if you are going to keep
>going with so much distance...it's got to be real. That's my take on the
>subject. It's been 6 months for me...and still working on the citizenship
>thing. Good luck to you both!

Thanks. I suspect we do know, but you're right, time will tell. We're
at the immigration point. Citizenship, we'll worry about in due
course. Where's your guy immigrating from/to?

Cele

Betsy
September 8th 04, 10:49 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>> If it's right, you will know. I mean seriously, if you are going to keep
>> going with so much distance...it's got to be real. That's my take on the
>> subject. It's been 6 months for me...and still working on the
>> citizenship
>> thing. Good luck to you both!
>
> Thanks. Should we make it a race? Have to be handicapped somehow 'cos
> you
> guys had a head start. Be fun to meet up one day though, if it all works
> out I mean.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Well, a race, hmmmm. Sounds like fun, but...let's keep it friendly shall
we? No, "neener neener neener" at the other one. Don't know how much of a
head start we have, as this all just came together in the last month. We've
known each other far longer, but the face to face meeting happened probably
around the same time yours did. Be fun to meet up, period. More fun if it
all works out, mind.

Betsy

Betsy
September 8th 04, 10:49 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:02:01 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:
>

>>"Cele" > wrote in message
>>> On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 13:13:50 GMT, lm

>>> I suspect so...or we wouldn't be doing it....:-)
>>>
>>> All encouragement welcome.
>>>
>>> Cele
>>
>>If it's right, you will know. I mean seriously, if you are going to keep
>>going with so much distance...it's got to be real. That's my take on the
>>subject. It's been 6 months for me...and still working on the citizenship
>>thing. Good luck to you both!
>>
> Thanks. I suspect we do know, but you're right, time will tell. We're
> at the immigration point. Citizenship, we'll worry about in due
> course. Where's your guy immigrating from/to?
>
> Cele

We are actually at the immigration point too, sorry made a mistake. He's
coming from the UK, the Isle of Man to be exact. He's making another visit
in a week, hurricane Ivan permitting. It will be a nice birthday present.
Having chatted with him for a year, nearly every day online, and getting
phone calls every day, twice a day at least, for the last six months, it's
almost like we've been dating. He already has loads of ideas about what he
wants to do, like buying a home here. Sometimes I want to just scream,
"SLOW DOWN" but other times it's wonderfully thrilling. My family has all
met him, and they think he's wonderful too. So, as in your case, time will
tell.

Betsy

Paul Griffiths
September 8th 04, 08:45 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

> > <snip>

> > Thanks. Should we make it a race? Have to be handicapped somehow 'cos
> > you guys had a head start. Be fun to meet up one day though, if it all
works
> > out I mean.
> >
> Well, a race, hmmmm. Sounds like fun, but...let's keep it friendly shall
> we? No, "neener neener neener" at the other one.

Oh okay then. <sulk>

> Don't know how much of a head start we have, as this all just came
together
> in the last month. We've known each other far longer, but the face to
face
> meeting happened probably around the same time yours did.

Ah right, I didn't realise that. Must have skipped a crucial sentence.

> Be fun to meet up, period. More fun if it all works out, mind.

It would and it definitely would.

--
Paul Griffiths

denanson
September 8th 04, 08:46 PM
"Betsy" < wrote in message

> "Cele" < wrote in message

> >>We made it work over 10,000 miles. It's worth the wait. :-)
> >
> > I suspect so...or we wouldn't be doing it....:-)
> >
> > All encouragement welcome.

> If it's right, you will know. I mean seriously, if you are going to keep
> going with so much distance...it's got to be real. That's my take on the
> subject.

OK you two, just out of curiosity. How are you both dealing with the other
family relationships. Presumably you two swap Email and chat on the phone
but how do the assorted children build up their respective relationships
with the other adult and other children?
Are they expected to just slot in with your wishes?

Not trying to throw a dampner here, just curious.

Dennis

Cele
September 9th 04, 02:48 AM
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:46:50 +0100, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>> > I suspect so...or we wouldn't be doing it....:-)
>> >
>> > All encouragement welcome.
>
>> If it's right, you will know. I mean seriously, if you are going to keep
>> going with so much distance...it's got to be real. That's my take on the
>> subject.
>
>OK you two, just out of curiosity. How are you both dealing with the other
>family relationships. Presumably you two swap Email and chat on the phone
>but how do the assorted children build up their respective relationships
>with the other adult and other children?
>Are they expected to just slot in with your wishes?

No, actually, we're having them adopted. The teens are tricky, but
they're almost old enough for us to just change the locks and be done
with it.

Pete's cute, so hopefully he'll find a family soon.

Cele

>Not trying to throw a dampner here, just curious.
>
>Dennis

(T would like to add: yeah turns out im getting kicked outta the house
its great mom said she'll give me $1000 and i'll be on my way....:):)
so hey if you wanna adopt me it's cool!!:):):):):)
chow!!

Cele
September 9th 04, 03:05 AM
wrote:

>OK you two, just out of curiosity. How are you both dealing with the other
>family relationships. Presumably you two swap Email and chat on the phone
>but how do the assorted children build up their respective relationships
>with the other adult and other children?

I don't know about anyone else but the 'assorted children' in our
situation are my two, who are 19 and 17, and Paul's, who is 11. My 19
year old has a high school diploma, two years of college, a full time
job and lives her own life away from home. She says she's happy for us
and "it's about time, Mom!" She likes Paul's just fine and thinks he's
a good guy, but she's an adult and not overly an issue. She has 3
cats, and I'm allergic to cats, which she well knows, so there's
little likelihood of her expecting to move back home. ;-) She's going
to Mexico for Christmas with her boyfriend and his family.

My 17 year old is graduating at the end of the year and will have her
high school diploma by the time Paul & co. arrive. She's eager to move
out on her own and get a job for a year before going to college, which
has been her agenda since long before all this. I'm not expecting it
to change but she knows that she'll have a room with us as long as she
wants or needs it. She think's Paul's son is a fabulous kid & is
looking forward to spending more time with him. Claims she's keen on a
younger kid in the mix. Younger than her, that is. :-) We spent a lot
of time together while they were here, of course. In her words, the
whole thing is "groovy."

I'll leave it to Paul to speak WRT his own, if he chooses to.

WRT building relationships, we did a fair whack of that while they
were here, and we're meeting for two weeks over Christmas as well.
Then when they get here in the summer we'll have all the time in the
world to carry on the rest of it.

>Are they expected to just slot in with your wishes?

Such an endearing turn of phrase. Does it seem likely that after all
this time of intense microparenting of my injured youngster, including
leaving a job I loved and moving thousands of miles to get her needs
met, that suddenly her needs are of no consequence?

>Not trying to throw a dampner here, just curious.

Not to worry. It's not likely to be overly affected by anyone's
questions, I don't think. :-)

Cele

Cele
September 9th 04, 03:07 AM
On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:40:35 GMT, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 15:52:59 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>> >"Cele" > wrote in message
>> >
>> ><snip>

>> >Is this the royal we or is the guy supposed to be doing something too?
>Oh
>> >wait, I could just ask *him* I suppose.
>>
>> That's the ticket. Ask him, and get back to me on what he says, ok?
>
>He said he's busy right now but muttered something about hot tubs and
>satellite TV systems. Mean anything to you?

I dunno. I heard that if you put a TV in a hot tub it kind of lights
up your whole day...

Cele

Cele
September 9th 04, 05:37 AM
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:45:03 GMT, 'Kate > wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:45:56 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:
>
>>"Betsy" > wrote in message

>>works
>>> >
>>> Well, a race, hmmmm. Sounds like fun, but...let's keep it friendly shall
>>> we? No, "neener neener neener" at the other one.
>>
>>Oh okay then. <sulk>
>>
>>> Don't know how much of a head start we have, as this all just came
>>together
>>> in the last month. We've known each other far longer, but the face to
>>face
>>> meeting happened probably around the same time yours did.
>>
>>Ah right, I didn't realise that. Must have skipped a crucial sentence.
>>
>>> Be fun to meet up, period. More fun if it all works out, mind.
>>
>>It would and it definitely would.
>
>Is there another, more appropriate, place on the 'net for this kind of
>thing? Alt.green-card or something?

Well, this is about assp posters getting together. And as we're not
talking exclusively about the US, alt.green-card isn't going to be
quite the place....

Cele

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 07:25 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:40:35 GMT, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:

<snip>

> >He said he's busy right now but muttered something about hot tubs and
> >satellite TV systems. Mean anything to you?
>
> I dunno. I heard that if you put a TV in a hot tub it kind of lights
> up your whole day...

Yeah I imagine it would, especially over here where TVs run off 230 volts.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 07:37 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Well, this is about assp posters getting together.

Is there a chance this could expand into a discussion of a meet? That'd be
great by me.

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 9th 04, 10:37 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Cele" > wrote in message
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>> Well, this is about assp posters getting together.
>>
>>Is there a chance this could expand into a discussion of a meet? That'd
>>be
>>great by me.
>
> Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
> next summer?
>
> Cele

Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
there!

Betsy

Moon Shyne
September 9th 04, 10:48 AM
alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the immigration
form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think it's an I-29?

Good luck.

"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:45:56 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Betsy" > wrote in message

> >works
> >> >
> >> Well, a race, hmmmm. Sounds like fun, but...let's keep it friendly shall
> >> we? No, "neener neener neener" at the other one.
> >
> >Oh okay then. <sulk>
> >
> >> Don't know how much of a head start we have, as this all just came
> >together
> >> in the last month. We've known each other far longer, but the face to
> >face
> >> meeting happened probably around the same time yours did.
> >
> >Ah right, I didn't realise that. Must have skipped a crucial sentence.
> >
> >> Be fun to meet up, period. More fun if it all works out, mind.
> >
> >It would and it definitely would.
>
> Is there another, more appropriate, place on the 'net for this kind of
> thing? Alt.green-card or something?
>
> 'Kate

lm
September 9th 04, 01:39 PM
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 02:05:46 GMT, Cele
> wrote:

>On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:46:50 +0100, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
>wrote:
>
>>OK you two, just out of curiosity. How are you both dealing with the other
>>family relationships. Presumably you two swap Email and chat on the phone
>>but how do the assorted children build up their respective relationships
>>with the other adult and other children?
>
>I don't know about anyone else but the 'assorted children' in our
>situation are my two, who are 19 and 17, and Paul's, who is 11. My 19
>year old has a high school diploma, two years of college, a full time
>job and lives her own life away from home. She says she's happy for us
>and "it's about time, Mom!" She likes Paul's just fine and thinks he's
>a good guy, but she's an adult and not overly an issue. She has 3
>cats, and I'm allergic to cats, which she well knows, so there's
>little likelihood of her expecting to move back home. ;-) She's going
>to Mexico for Christmas with her boyfriend and his family.
>
>My 17 year old is graduating at the end of the year and will have her
>high school diploma by the time Paul & co. arrive. She's eager to move
>out on her own and get a job for a year before going to college, which
>has been her agenda since long before all this. I'm not expecting it
>to change but she knows that she'll have a room with us as long as she
>wants or needs it. She think's Paul's son is a fabulous kid & is
>looking forward to spending more time with him. Claims she's keen on a
>younger kid in the mix. Younger than her, that is. :-) We spent a lot
>of time together while they were here, of course. In her words, the
>whole thing is "groovy."
>
>I'll leave it to Paul to speak WRT his own, if he chooses to.
>
>WRT building relationships, we did a fair whack of that while they
>were here, and we're meeting for two weeks over Christmas as well.
>Then when they get here in the summer we'll have all the time in the
>world to carry on the rest of it.
>
>>Are they expected to just slot in with your wishes?
>
>Such an endearing turn of phrase. Does it seem likely that after all
>this time of intense microparenting of my injured youngster, including
>leaving a job I loved and moving thousands of miles to get her needs
>met, that suddenly her needs are of no consequence?
>
>>Not trying to throw a dampner here, just curious.
>
>Not to worry. It's not likely to be overly affected by anyone's
>questions, I don't think. :-)

WRT the visa stuff, we found alt.visa.us.marriage-based to be
incredibly helpful. There are sure to be Canada-based sites as well.
Good luck to all of you.

Hmmm, that reminds me, I think there's a wedding about to happen down
Ottawa way.... best wishes to Lisa!

lm

Lisa
September 9th 04, 02:33 PM
"lm" > wrote in message >
> Hmmm, that reminds me, I think there's a wedding about to happen down
> Ottawa way.... best wishes to Lisa!
>
> lm

How spooky is that? I was just thinking about you!!

8 more getups, cause the 18th doesn't count!! I was thinking about you
because I'm feeling pretty much like a loon right now, and was wondering how
you coped. LOL,,,,stupid fake nails sure make typing tuff :)

Actually, we're pretty much in order, by the end of the weekend all chores
and running around should be done.....

We already had one glitch...Classy fricking formal men's wear went bankrupt
so we had to redo the fittings and selections for the tuxes. Other than
that, so far so good.

Spinning away,,,
Lisa

lm
September 9th 04, 03:00 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:33:34 -0400, "Lisa" > wrote:

>"lm" > wrote in message >
>> Hmmm, that reminds me, I think there's a wedding about to happen down
>> Ottawa way.... best wishes to Lisa!
>>
>> lm
>
>How spooky is that? I was just thinking about you!!
>
>8 more getups, cause the 18th doesn't count!! I was thinking about you
>because I'm feeling pretty much like a loon right now, and was wondering how
>you coped. LOL,,,,stupid fake nails sure make typing tuff :)
>
>Actually, we're pretty much in order, by the end of the weekend all chores
>and running around should be done.....
>
>We already had one glitch...Classy fricking formal men's wear went bankrupt
>so we had to redo the fittings and selections for the tuxes. Other than
>that, so far so good.
>
>Spinning away,,,
>Lisa

He had a new shirt and I had my favorite dress, we made reservations
for dinner and for an overnighter at an inn, then we headed to our
favorite hiking spot and did the deed. If I'd have had fake nails he
probably wouldn't recognize me!

We used the poem below for our ceremony -- it was perfect considering
the long-distance nature of our beginning:

"The Country of Marriage" by Wendell Berry

1.
I dream of you walking at night along the streams
of the country of my birth, warm blooms and the nightsongs
of birds opening around you as you walk.
You are holding in your body the dark seed of my sleep.

2.
This comes after silence. Was it something I said
that bound me to you, some mere promise
or, worse, the fear of loneliness and death?
A man lost in the woods in the dark, I stood
still and said nothing. And then there rose in me,
like the earth's empowering brew rising
in root and branch, the words of a dream of you
I did not know I had dreamed. I was a wanderer
who feels the solace of his native land
under his feet again and moving in his blood.
I went on, blind and faithful. Where I stepped
my track was there to steady me. It was no abyss
that lay before me, but only the level ground.

3.
Sometimes our life reminds me
of a forest in which there is a graceful clearing
and in that opening a house,
an orchard and garden,
comfortable shades, and flowers
red and yellow in the sun, a pattern
made in the light for the light to return to.
The forest is mostly dark, its ways
to be made anew day after day, the dark
richer than the light and more blessed,
provided we stay brave
enough to keep on going in.

4.
How many times have I come to you out of my head
with joy, if ever a man was,
for to approach you I have given up the light
and all directions. I come to you
lost, wholly trusting as a man who goes
into the forest unarmed. It is as though I descend
slowly earthward out of the air. I rest in peace
in you, when I arrive at last.

______________

It's so nice to see so many beginnings on this forum :-)

lm

Betsy
September 9th 04, 05:51 PM
"Moon Shyne" > wrote in message
> alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the
> immigration
> form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think it's an I-29?
>
> Good luck.

Got it already sent in. Thanks :)

> "'Kate" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:45:56 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >"Betsy" > wrote in message

>> >works

>> >Oh okay then. <sulk>

>> >together
>> >face
>> >
>> >Ah right, I didn't realise that. Must have skipped a crucial sentence.

>> >It would and it definitely would.
>>
>> Is there another, more appropriate, place on the 'net for this kind of
>> thing? Alt.green-card or something?
>>
>> 'Kate

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 08:09 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > > wrote:
> >>"Cele" > wrote in message
> >>
> >><snip>

> >>Is there a chance this could expand into a discussion of a meet? That'd
> >>be great by me.
> >
> > Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
> > next summer?
>
> Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
> there!

You just *had* to mention the F word, didn't you. Ah me.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 08:10 PM
"Moon Shyne" > wrote in message

> alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the
immigration
> form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think it's an I-29?

It really is true that you can find almost anything on Usenet isn't it.
Amazing.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 08:11 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Moon Shyne" > wrote in message

> > alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the
> > immigration form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think it's
an I-29?

> Got it already sent in. Thanks :)

Hmm...

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
September 9th 04, 08:58 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message

> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>"Cele" > wrote in message
> >>
> >><snip>

> >>Is there a chance this could expand into a discussion of a meet? That'd
> >>be
> >>great by me.
> >
> > Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
> > next summer?
> >
> > Cele
>
> Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
> there!
>
> Betsy

Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?

Christine

CME
September 9th 04, 09:00 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:40:35 GMT, "Paul Griffiths"
> > > wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > >He said he's busy right now but muttered something about hot tubs and
> > >satellite TV systems. Mean anything to you?
> >
> > I dunno. I heard that if you put a TV in a hot tub it kind of lights
> > up your whole day...
>
> Yeah I imagine it would, especially over here where TVs run off 230 volts.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Don't try this at home kids!!! Sorry it needed a parental advisory. ;)

Christine

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 09:41 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:46:50 +0100, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
> wrote:

<snip>

> I'll leave it to Paul to speak WRT his own, if he chooses to.

Was there any doubt? :-)

I've talked to Pete about the current possibilities quite a lot both during
our holiday and since we've been back. In the past when we've talked about
this sort of thing in theory he'd always been dead set against the idea of
acquiring older siblings, especially sisters, but didn't seem too worried
about younger ones. As an aside, we talk about lots of things in theory
when there's little or no chance of them happening 'cos it feels "safer"
then than if it's looming on the horizon and we can discuss things much
better. Works for us anyway.

Okay, where was I? Oh yes, since meeting everyone Pete feels that while
older sisters would be bad news older HALF-sisters would be "okay". Coming
from Pete that's high praise. :-)

To be honest I think it's just his way of stepping back from his previous
position in light of the fact that the potential sisters are both actually
rather cool. He's often quite a shy kid when he meets new folks but he
didn't seem to have any big problems with either Cele or either of her two
so I'd say it looks rather hopeful.

The very first day when we all cycled around the park was quite interesting.
We'd only just met and yet everyone seemed so comfortable with each other.
Discussing the possible New York trip later on was good fun too. Lots of
ideas about where we simply had to go while we were there came from everyone
at the table.

Oh and Cele's youngest and I have started emailing and also chatting online
too which we both seem to enjoy.

Overall I can't say I've noticed many if any negatives that haven't been
easily sorted but I'm only too aware of how quickly things can change so
we'll monitor things regularly and just wait and see I suppose.

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 9th 04, 09:43 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
>> "Moon Shyne" > wrote in message
>
>> > alt.visa.us.marriage-based (At least for the US based folks) - the
>> > immigration form you'll be looking for is a fiance visa - I think it's
> an I-29?
>> >

>> Got it already sent in. Thanks :)
>
> Hmm...
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Hmm???

Betsy

Betsy
September 9th 04, 09:44 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
>> "Cele" > wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

>> > Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
>> > next summer?
>>
>> Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
>> there!
>
> You just *had* to mention the F word, didn't you. Ah me.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

OOPS! My bad. Ah well. Problem is, my son is going to Germany next summer
for 10 days (that's not the problem) and I have to save money to send him
(THAT'S the problem). It's going to cost me around $3,000 for him to go. I
think it's a wonderful experience and I want him to have the opportunity to
visit other countries, and to learn about the history there. If all goes
well, I at least won't be struggling paycheck to paycheck soon. Not that
I'll have loads of cash laying around, but at least I'll be secure in paying
my bills. Still want to meet up somewhere if at all possible.

Betsy

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 09:44 PM
"lm" > wrote in message

<snip>

> It's so nice to see so many beginnings on this forum :-)

That's certainly true and it makes a pleasant change.

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 9th 04, 09:44 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Betsy" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Cele" > wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:37:49 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"

>> > Works for me. Anyone up for an assp meet in North America somewhere
>> > next summer?
>> >
>> > Cele
>>
>> Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
>> there!
>>
>> Betsy
>
> Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?
>
> Christine

Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son. He
likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
everyone else wants.

Betsy

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 09:46 PM
"Lisa" > wrote in message
> "lm" > wrote in message >

> > Hmmm, that reminds me, I think there's a wedding about to happen down
> > Ottawa way.... best wishes to Lisa!
>
> How spooky is that? I was just thinking about you!!
>
> 8 more getups, cause the 18th doesn't count!! I was thinking about you
> because I'm feeling pretty much like a loon right now, and was wondering
how
> you coped. LOL,,,,stupid fake nails sure make typing tuff :)
>
> Actually, we're pretty much in order, by the end of the weekend all chores
> and running around should be done.....
>
> We already had one glitch...Classy fricking formal men's wear went
bankrupt
> so we had to redo the fittings and selections for the tuxes. Other than
> that, so far so good.

WTH that's only stuff, right? As long as the right people are there it'll
be wonderful.

Good luck to you both.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 09:50 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "Cele" > wrote in message

> > <snip>

> > > I dunno. I heard that if you put a TV in a hot tub it kind of lights
> > > up your whole day...
> >
> > Yeah I imagine it would, especially over here where TVs run off 230
volts.

> Don't try this at home kids!!! Sorry it needed a parental advisory. ;)

Don't apologise it really did.

--
Paul Griffiths

lm
September 9th 04, 09:51 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:41:00 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

> As an aside, we talk about lots of things in theory
>when there's little or no chance of them happening 'cos it feels "safer"
>then than if it's looming on the horizon and we can discuss things much
>better. Works for us anyway.

A good idea with loved ones of all ages.

lm

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 09:57 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "Betsy" > wrote in message

> >> Hammer out the details, and finances and personal life permitting, I'm
> >> there!
> >
> > You just *had* to mention the F word, didn't you. Ah me.
>
> OOPS! My bad. Ah well. Problem is, my son is going to Germany next
summer
> for 10 days (that's not the problem) and I have to save money to send him
> (THAT'S the problem). It's going to cost me around $3,000 for him to go.
> think it's a wonderful experience and I want him to have the opportunity
> visit other countries, and to learn about the history there. If all goes
> well, I at least won't be struggling paycheck to paycheck soon. Not that
> I'll have loads of cash laying around, but at least I'll be secure in
paying
> my bills. Still want to meet up somewhere if at all possible.

I'd be doing the same thing. Opportunities to experience things like that
don't come up very often. If other things have to suffer so he can go then
so be it, I'd say.

Oh and I was implying that *my* finances were in a mess. A meet certainly
does sound like fun though.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 09:59 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?
>
> Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son. He
> likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
> everyone else wants.

I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with him
otherwise.

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 9th 04, 10:03 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
>> "CME" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>> > Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?
>>
>> Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son. He
>> likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
>> everyone else wants.
>
> I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with him
> otherwise.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Only reason I can say that I'd be able to do it either way is, A) he's going
to Germany, so if the meet is scheduled during that time frame, he won't be
with me; and B) I have parents who will be delighted to take J for a few
days or even a week or more. They really have been a Godsend in certain
times. I guess it will all depend on where other personal issues stand at
the proposed time. If that makes any sense.

Betsy

Paul Griffiths
September 9th 04, 10:04 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "Betsy" > wrote in message

> >> Got it already sent in. Thanks :)
> >
> > Hmm...
> >
> Hmm???

Yeah I was just noticing how far you'd got and wondering if we were falling
behind.

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
September 9th 04, 10:23 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
>> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>> > "Betsy" > wrote in message

> it's

>> > Hmm...
>> >
>> Hmm???
>
> Yeah I was just noticing how far you'd got and wondering if we were
> falling
> behind.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

All I got was the paperwork mailed out. Just sent it out Wednesday. It
probably won't arrive at the processing center for about a week. Of course,
while he was visiting I had pulled everything up from the website, and
downloaded the needed forms. Saved time later when we decided to actually
go through with it. Now it's in the hands of the government. Hurry up and
wait :)

Betsy

Cele
September 10th 04, 04:46 AM
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:44:13 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:

>OOPS! My bad. Ah well. Problem is, my son is going to Germany next summer
>for 10 days (that's not the problem) and I have to save money to send him
>(THAT'S the problem). It's going to cost me around $3,000 for him to go. I
>think it's a wonderful experience and I want him to have the opportunity to
>visit other countries, and to learn about the history there. If all goes
>well, I at least won't be struggling paycheck to paycheck soon. Not that
>I'll have loads of cash laying around, but at least I'll be secure in paying
>my bills. Still want to meet up somewhere if at all possible.

Whereabouts are you, then, Betsy? We'll look for somewhere strategic..

Cele

Cele
September 10th 04, 04:47 AM
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:44:26 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:

>> Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?
>>
>> Christine
>>

>Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son. He
>likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
>everyone else wants.

I'm in favour of with, although, given the ages of mine, one likely
won't come, and the other's iffy.

Cele

Betsy
September 10th 04, 10:13 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:44:13 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:
>
>>OOPS! My bad. Ah well. Problem is, my son is going to Germany next
>>summer
>>for 10 days (that's not the problem) and I have to save money to send him
>>(THAT'S the problem). It's going to cost me around $3,000 for him to go.
>>think it's a wonderful experience and I want him to have the opportunity
>>visit other countries, and to learn about the history there. If all goes
>>well, I at least won't be struggling paycheck to paycheck soon. Not that
>>I'll have loads of cash laying around, but at least I'll be secure in
>>paying
>>my bills. Still want to meet up somewhere if at all possible.
>
> Whereabouts are you, then, Betsy? We'll look for somewhere strategic..
>
> Cele

Florida. Pummeled by 2 hurricanes in last three weeks, and bracing for a
third one. I suppose it's about time as this area hadn't been hit in many
many years. I just hope it's through and gone before Thursday. That's when
David flys back for another visit.

Betsy

CME
September 10th 04, 08:53 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:46:50 +0100, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
> > wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I'll leave it to Paul to speak WRT his own, if he chooses to.
>
> Was there any doubt? :-)
>
> I've talked to Pete about the current possibilities quite a lot both
during
> our holiday and since we've been back. In the past when we've talked
about
> this sort of thing in theory he'd always been dead set against the idea of
> acquiring older siblings, especially sisters, but didn't seem too worried
> about younger ones. As an aside, we talk about lots of things in theory
> when there's little or no chance of them happening 'cos it feels "safer"
> then than if it's looming on the horizon and we can discuss things much
> better. Works for us anyway.
>
> Okay, where was I? Oh yes, since meeting everyone Pete feels that while
> older sisters would be bad news older HALF-sisters would be "okay".
Coming
> from Pete that's high praise. :-)
>
> To be honest I think it's just his way of stepping back from his previous
> position in light of the fact that the potential sisters are both actually
> rather cool. He's often quite a shy kid when he meets new folks but he
> didn't seem to have any big problems with either Cele or either of her two
> so I'd say it looks rather hopeful.
>
> The very first day when we all cycled around the park was quite
interesting.
> We'd only just met and yet everyone seemed so comfortable with each other.
> Discussing the possible New York trip later on was good fun too. Lots of
> ideas about where we simply had to go while we were there came from
everyone
> at the table.
>
> Oh and Cele's youngest and I have started emailing and also chatting
online
> too which we both seem to enjoy.
>
> Overall I can't say I've noticed many if any negatives that haven't been
> easily sorted but I'm only too aware of how quickly things can change so
> we'll monitor things regularly and just wait and see I suppose.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is I
plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just think,
we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing cards.
lol)

Christine

CME
September 10th 04, 08:57 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
> > "CME" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Yes I'd be up for that too. Btw is this a with or without kids meet?
> >
> > Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son.
He
> > likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
> > everyone else wants.
>
> I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with him
> otherwise.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.
Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.

Christine

lm
September 10th 04, 09:43 PM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:57:37 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>> "Betsy" > wrote in message
>> > "CME" > wrote in message
>>
>> <snip>

>> > Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son.
>He
>> > likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either way
>> > everyone else wants.
>>
>> I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with him
>> otherwise.
>>

>> --
>> Paul Griffiths
>
>Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
>that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.
>Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
>years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.

I *so* wish I lived near you. I'd take them for a weekend anytime and
guarantee they'd have a blast with my guys.

lm

Paul Griffiths
September 10th 04, 11:36 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "Betsy" > wrote in message
> > > "CME" > wrote in message
> >
> > <snip>

> > > Whichever way anyone wants it. Personally, I'd like to bring my son.
> > > He likes to visit new places and see new things. I can do it either
way
> > > everyone else wants.
> >
> > I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with
him
> > otherwise.
>
> Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
> that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.

Any hope?

> Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
> years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.

Are they *that* old then? I thought they were 4 or 5ish.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
September 10th 04, 11:38 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two!

Thanks Chris. I have my fingers crossed for you too.

> What's neat is I plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is
finished...
> just think, we could do coffee on a regular basis

That sounds like good fun.

> (please say you enjoy playing cards. lol)

I will, I do.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
September 11th 04, 12:10 AM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:53:15 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is I
>plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just think,
>we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing cards.

One no trump......

Oh, wait, maybe you want me to drop you the Queen?

Hold on....fifteen two, fifteen four, run is six....

Ah, go fish.

Cele

CME
September 11th 04, 07:02 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
> > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > > "Betsy" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > <snip>

> meet?

> way
> > >
> > > I think I'd be likely to have Pete with me. Not sure what I'd do with
> him
> > > otherwise.
> >
> > Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
> > that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.
>
> Any hope?

Yeah oddly enough. My cousin can take them for one night, and my parents
for the other. So I'm crossing my fingers it all works out.

> > Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
> > years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.
>
> Are they *that* old then? I thought they were 4 or 5ish.

Time flies doesn't it? :)

Christine

> --
> Paul Griffiths

CME
September 11th 04, 07:06 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:53:15 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:
>

> >Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is
> >plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just
think,
> >we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing
cards.

> One no trump......
>
> Oh, wait, maybe you want me to drop you the Queen?
>
> Hold on....fifteen two, fifteen four, run is six....
>
> Ah, go fish.
>
> Cele

But can you play Canasta? What about Asshole? (It's the one with President,
and vice-pres, vice-asshole and asshole. Great game regardless of what it's
called. lol)

Christine

Buster Van Buren
September 11th 04, 08:13 AM
I'm sorry Christine. You can't play Asshole (TM), as after our wonderful
conversations of last week, I have trademarked and copyrighted that name.
I'm putting the paperwork in now for "Inconsiderate *******"(TM Pending)
too. I figure if people will call me these things, why should I allow them
to do it for free? From now on, whenever you use the term "asshole", please
forward 5 cents to me as a usage fee - and if you indeed call ME an asshole,
then the charge is 7 cents per use. I love copyright law.

Buster

"CME" > wrote in message

> "Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:53:15 GMT, "CME" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is
>> >plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just
> think,
>> >we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing
> cards.
>>
>> One no trump......
>>
>> Oh, wait, maybe you want me to drop you the Queen?
>>
>> Hold on....fifteen two, fifteen four, run is six....
>>
>> Ah, go fish.
>>
>> Cele
>
> But can you play Canasta? What about Asshole? (It's the one with
> President,
> and vice-pres, vice-asshole and asshole. Great game regardless of what
> it's
> called. lol)
>
> Christine

Paul Griffiths
September 11th 04, 12:47 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "CME" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > > Yeah exactly. I have an opportunity to visit LA in a couple weeks but
> > > that's contingent on if I can find care for the twins for a weekend.
> >
> > Any hope?
>
> Yeah oddly enough. My cousin can take them for one night, and my parents
> for the other. So I'm crossing my fingers it all works out.

Oh that's good. I'll cross mine too.

> > > Considering I haven't been away from them for longer than 24hrs in 8.5
> > > years, I think it's high time I take a vacation.
> >
> > Are they *that* old then? I thought they were 4 or 5ish.
>
> Time flies doesn't it? :)

Indeed it does but, up until recently, I can't really say that I've been
having a huge amount of fun.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
September 11th 04, 03:00 PM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:13:42 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:

>Florida. Pummeled by 2 hurricanes in last three weeks, and bracing for a
>third one. I suppose it's about time as this area hadn't been hit in many
>many years. I just hope it's through and gone before Thursday. That's when
>David flys back for another visit.

Ouch! Well with Florida and Texas as part of this, I'd say we're
looking for someone pretty close to just a tad north of centre in the
US. Where would that be, do you think? (I'm moving and don't have an
atlas to hand & I'm too lazy to look on the net).

I sure hope you guys don't sustain any damage there. Those hurricanes
are being reported on *here*, even though they won't have any impact
on us. Which tends to mean they're pretty nasty. Good luck, and let us
know how you do with them.

Cele

Cele
September 11th 04, 03:01 PM
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:06:28 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:53:15 GMT, "CME" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Oh good luck with all of that, I'm so happy for you two! What's neat is
>> >plan on settling in Vancouver when my schooling is finished... just
>think,
>> >we could do coffee on a regular basis (please say you enjoy playing
>cards.
>>
>> One no trump......
>>
>> Oh, wait, maybe you want me to drop you the Queen?
>>
>> Hold on....fifteen two, fifteen four, run is six....
>>
>> Ah, go fish.
>>
>> Cele
>
>But can you play Canasta? What about Asshole? (It's the one with President,
>and vice-pres, vice-asshole and asshole. Great game regardless of what it's
>called. lol)
>
>Christine

Surely you don't lack faith in my ability to *learn* the basics of
being an asshole?

Canasta. I've played it but I'll need a refresher.

Cele

CME
September 11th 04, 06:05 PM
"Buster Van Buren" > wrote in message
> I'm sorry Christine. You can't play Asshole (TM), as after our wonderful
> conversations of last week, I have trademarked and copyrighted that name.
> I'm putting the paperwork in now for "Inconsiderate *******"(TM Pending)
> too. I figure if people will call me these things, why should I allow
them
> to do it for free? From now on, whenever you use the term "asshole",
please
> forward 5 cents to me as a usage fee - and if you indeed call ME an
asshole,
> then the charge is 7 cents per use. I love copyright law.
>
> Buster

Troll.

Christine

Betsy
September 11th 04, 07:00 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:13:42 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:
>

>>Florida. Pummeled by 2 hurricanes in last three weeks, and bracing for a
>>third one. I suppose it's about time as this area hadn't been hit in many
>>many years. I just hope it's through and gone before Thursday. That's
>>when
>>David flys back for another visit.
>
> Ouch! Well with Florida and Texas as part of this, I'd say we're
> looking for someone pretty close to just a tad north of centre in the
> US. Where would that be, do you think? (I'm moving and don't have an
> atlas to hand & I'm too lazy to look on the net).
>
> I sure hope you guys don't sustain any damage there. Those hurricanes
> are being reported on *here*, even though they won't have any impact
> on us. Which tends to mean they're pretty nasty. Good luck, and let us
> know how you do with them.
>
> Cele

Looks like my area may well be spared the ferocious Ivan. Too soon to tell
for certain. Charley devastated the town where I grew up and graduated High
School. Still have to wait and see what Ivan does come Tuesday. Already we
are out of gas at most stations, and food stuffs are dwindling rapidly.
People are panicking, and no wonder. This will be the third category 4
hurricane to hit the state in a month. I'll keep folks posted as I can. If
I don't post for a few days next week, it will be because I lost power
again. I'm too lazy to try to find the newgroup on yahoo or google, so I
wait till I get back home on my own PC to pull it up. Don't worry, I'll be
in touch.

Betsy

Cele
September 11th 04, 10:55 PM
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:00:42 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:

>Looks like my area may well be spared the ferocious Ivan. Too soon to tell
>for certain. Charley devastated the town where I grew up and graduated High
>School. Still have to wait and see what Ivan does come Tuesday. Already we
>are out of gas at most stations, and food stuffs are dwindling rapidly.
>People are panicking, and no wonder. This will be the third category 4
>hurricane to hit the state in a month. I'll keep folks posted as I can. If
>I don't post for a few days next week, it will be because I lost power
>again. I'm too lazy to try to find the newgroup on yahoo or google, so I
>wait till I get back home on my own PC to pull it up. Don't worry, I'll be
>in touch.

OK, Betsy, I'll be thinking of you. Be well and stay safe.

Cele

Cele
September 12th 04, 07:35 AM
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:00:42 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:

>Looks like my area may well be spared the ferocious Ivan. Too soon to tell
>for certain. Charley devastated the town where I grew up and graduated High
>School. Still have to wait and see what Ivan does come Tuesday. Already we
>are out of gas at most stations, and food stuffs are dwindling rapidly.
>People are panicking, and no wonder. This will be the third category 4
>hurricane to hit the state in a month. I'll keep folks posted as I can. If
>I don't post for a few days next week, it will be because I lost power
>again. I'm too lazy to try to find the newgroup on yahoo or google, so I
>wait till I get back home on my own PC to pull it up. Don't worry, I'll be
>in touch.

OK, Betsy, I'll be thinking of you. Be well and stay safe.

Cele

denanson
September 21st 04, 07:23 PM
"Lisa" > wrote in message >

> Spinning away,,,

Well?
Have you hit the ground yet?

Tell us all, photo's too please!

Dennis

Lisa
September 25th 04, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone!

We are now home as a happily, thrilled actually, married couple. The
wedding was so very beautiful and loving. The entire day was perfect, our
evening was elegant.

I'm the one that screwed up our vows. LOL

Our boy was on cloud nine, he announced at the reception of my husband's
intention to pursue adoption. "my dad, is going to do that thing to make
him my real dad, not a step-dad"

I like saying that....my husband. :)

We went to Quebec City for our honeymoon. For those that don't know, we
live in Ontario, Canada. We took the train, first class. This was a gift
from a very good friend of ours, he paid to upgrade us. What a wonderful
way to travel. Never thought I'd say I'm sick of smoked salmon.

Quebec City is phenominal. Very historic, very European, very romantic. We
ate like royalty, the food was incredible everywhere we went. We spent
pretty much all of our time in Old Quebec, the area that was originally
settled by the French in around 1640 or something like that. Cobble stone
steets, tall tight structures, all surrounded by a stone wall to contain and
fortify the city.

OH yes,,,,,while we were there, the Queen Mary II came into port!!!

We returned home to a very happy little boy last night, and picked up our
dogger this morning. This being said, we are only now starting to get our
**** together re presents and pictures. This house looks like
hurricane Lisa hit, so it's time to purge.

God bless Quisinart!! lol

Lisa

"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "Lisa" > wrote in message >
> >
> > Spinning away,,,
>
> Well?
> Have you hit the ground yet?
>
> Tell us all, photo's too please!
>
> Dennis

CME
September 25th 04, 10:19 PM
"Lisa" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hello everyone!
>
> We are now home as a happily, thrilled actually, married couple. The
> wedding was so very beautiful and loving. The entire day was perfect, our
> evening was elegant.
>
> I'm the one that screwed up our vows. LOL
>
> Our boy was on cloud nine, he announced at the reception of my husband's
> intention to pursue adoption. "my dad, is going to do that thing to make
> him my real dad, not a step-dad"
>
> I like saying that....my husband. :)
>
> We went to Quebec City for our honeymoon. For those that don't know, we
> live in Ontario, Canada. We took the train, first class. This was a gift
> from a very good friend of ours, he paid to upgrade us. What a wonderful
> way to travel. Never thought I'd say I'm sick of smoked salmon.
>
> Quebec City is phenominal. Very historic, very European, very romantic.
> We
> ate like royalty, the food was incredible everywhere we went. We spent
> pretty much all of our time in Old Quebec, the area that was originally
> settled by the French in around 1640 or something like that. Cobble stone
> steets, tall tight structures, all surrounded by a stone wall to contain
> and
> fortify the city.
>
> OH yes,,,,,while we were there, the Queen Mary II came into port!!!
>
> We returned home to a very happy little boy last night, and picked up our
> dogger this morning. This being said, we are only now starting to get our
> **** together re presents and pictures. This house looks like
> hurricane Lisa hit, so it's time to purge.
>
> God bless Quisinart!! lol
>
> Lisa

Oh what wonderful news, I'm glad it all went as planned.

Oh and yeah Quebec City is gorgeous, I was there when I was 16 and it's
still one of the nicest cities I've seen, I'm such a fan of historic
buildings.

Christine

Karen O'Mara
September 26th 04, 12:45 AM
"Lisa" > wrote in message >...
> Hello everyone!
>
> We are now home as a happily, thrilled actually, married couple. The
> wedding was so very beautiful and loving. The entire day was perfect, our
> evening was elegant.
>
> I'm the one that screwed up our vows. LOL
>
> Our boy was on cloud nine, he announced at the reception of my husband's
> intention to pursue adoption. "my dad, is going to do that thing to make
> him my real dad, not a step-dad"
>
> I like saying that....my husband. :)
>
> We went to Quebec City for our honeymoon. For those that don't know, we
> live in Ontario, Canada. We took the train, first class. This was a gift
> from a very good friend of ours, he paid to upgrade us. What a wonderful
> way to travel. Never thought I'd say I'm sick of smoked salmon.
>
> Quebec City is phenominal. Very historic, very European, very romantic. We
> ate like royalty, the food was incredible everywhere we went. We spent
> pretty much all of our time in Old Quebec, the area that was originally
> settled by the French in around 1640 or something like that. Cobble stone
> steets, tall tight structures, all surrounded by a stone wall to contain and
> fortify the city.
>
> OH yes,,,,,while we were there, the Queen Mary II came into port!!!
>
> We returned home to a very happy little boy last night, and picked up our
> dogger this morning. This being said, we are only now starting to get our
> **** together re presents and pictures. This house looks like
> hurricane Lisa hit, so it's time to purge.
>
> God bless Quisinart!! lol

What a nice post to read today! So filled with joy... congrats and
best wishes, Lisa.!!

Karen

Paul Griffiths
September 26th 04, 12:22 PM
"Lisa" > wrote in message
. ..

> Hello everyone!
>
> We are now home as a happily, thrilled actually, married couple. The
> wedding was so very beautiful and loving. The entire day was perfect, our
> evening was elegant.
>
> I'm the one that screwed up our vows. LOL
>
> Our boy was on cloud nine, he announced at the reception of my husband's
> intention to pursue adoption. "my dad, is going to do that thing to make
> him my real dad, not a step-dad"
>
> I like saying that....my husband. :)

:-)

<snip>

Excellent news. Sounds like it went very well. I wish you all lots of luck
and good things in the future too.

--
Paul Griffiths

denanson
September 26th 04, 06:40 PM
"Lisa" > wrote in message > Hello everyone!

> I like saying that....my husband. :)

Says it all!

All my very best wishes to you and your family!

Dennis

lm
September 27th 04, 03:28 PM
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:22:03 -0400, "Lisa" > wrote:

>Our boy was on cloud nine, he announced at the reception of my husband's
>intention to pursue adoption. "my dad, is going to do that thing to make
>him my real dad, not a step-dad"

That's really great. Congratulations to father and son :-)

>I like saying that....my husband. :)

Congratulations to you two too! I think y'all oughta come down here
this winter for skiing on the cheap. :-)

lm