PDA

View Full Version : reluctant daughter

mccloud147
September 7th 04, 03:05 AM
My daughter is reluctant to stay the night and I have no reason why other
than I make her behave when she is at my house. Everytime it is my weekend
for the kids to stay she throws a fit and crys and says she doesn't want
to stay the night. I'm at a loss, to a point it makes me sick to my
stomach. What can I do?

Joelle
September 7th 04, 03:15 AM
>Everytime it is my weekend
>for the kids to stay she throws a fit and crys and says she doesn't want
>to stay the night. I'm at a loss, to a point it makes me sick to my
>stomach. What can I do?

How old is she? Think of how you would feel if you had to move around every
week or so.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

denanson
September 8th 04, 10:19 PM
"mccloud147" < wrote in message

> My daughter is reluctant to stay the night and I have no reason why other
> than I make her behave when she is at my house. Everytime it is my weekend
> for the kids to stay she throws a fit and crys and says she doesn't want
> to stay the night. I'm at a loss, to a point it makes me sick to my
> stomach. What can I do?

Find out for sure if it is beacause of your house. Try taking her somewhere
else, grandma's for example.
How old is she? could it be to do with a night light?
Does she share a room at you place?
Perhaps she being bullied by a neighbour?

You say that you "make her behave". That sounds very strict.
How do you make her?
Have you tried just pointing out that your house rules are a little
different to others and letting her come to terms with them slowly?
Why not make the house rules together?

Dennis