PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever fall in love again?

Alina
September 7th 04, 03:58 AM
I have a ten-month old son, and I work full time. I am so afraid of
dating-- so afraid of the "baggage" labels. I fear that I will never
find the time to meet anyone again. How do you cope with your
loneliness and similar anxieties? How can I protect my son from
sensing this?

CME
September 7th 04, 04:41 AM
"Alina" > wrote in message
m...
> I have a ten-month old son, and I work full time. I am so afraid of
> dating-- so afraid of the "baggage" labels. I fear that I will never
> find the time to meet anyone again. How do you cope with your
> loneliness and similar anxieties? How can I protect my son from
> sensing this?

Get a good support network going, friends, family and possibly a counsellor
if need be. I found time, and developing my own sense of self helped me a
great deal, as well as taking a break on occasion. As for dating, well
which baggage are you referring to, the past relationship baggage or the
view that your son is baggage? As well, if you're content with yourself,
then why would you feel lonely? I guess for me, I'm just used to being a
single parent and doing it all on my own so feeling anxious is not an
option.

Christine

lm
September 7th 04, 08:27 PM
On 6 Sep 2004 19:58:35 -0700, (Alina)
wrote:

>I have a ten-month old son, and I work full time. I am so afraid of
>dating-- so afraid of the "baggage" labels. I fear that I will never
>find the time to meet anyone again. How do you cope with your
>loneliness and similar anxieties? How can I protect my son from
>sensing this?

The only concern you expressed about your son is that he not notice
that you would rather be dating than mothering. Is that how you feel?
If not, forget about dating and concentrate on your son. He's only 10
months old so you haven't been single for long.

lm

denanson
September 8th 04, 10:10 PM
"'Kate" wrote in message

> Go to therapy.

I thought asking here was a better option.
Pier education has to be a better option at this stage.

Dennis

denanson
September 8th 04, 10:10 PM
"Alina" wrote in message

> I have a ten-month old son, and I work full time. I am so afraid of
> dating-- so afraid of the "baggage" labels. I fear that I will never
> find the time to meet anyone again.

The reality is that your fears are premature.
You have plenty of time. With a 10 month old you have hardly had a chance to
settle into a routine and become confortable with yourself.

>How do you cope with your
> loneliness and similar anxieties?

All a matter of perspective.
Your "loneliness" could be my solitude. Someone else could see it as their
salvation whilst another may feel isolation.
Are you confusing loneliness with dependance on someone else?

>How can I protect my son from
> sensing this?

By becoming content within yourself and by not having expectations that
someone else will do it for you.

Strangley enough, when you manage to do this, others will find you far more
worthy of their attention.

Dennis

Joelle
September 9th 04, 12:07 AM
>By becoming content within yourself and by not having expectations that
>someone else will do it for you.
>
>Strangley enough, when you manage to do this, others will find you far more
>worthy of their attention.

DING DING DING DING!

That's the winning answer :-)

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Cele
September 9th 04, 03:09 AM
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:10:39 +0100, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"'Kate" wrote in message
>>
>> Go to therapy.
>
>I thought asking here was a better option.
>Pier education has to be a better option at this stage.

Or treatment from a dock. Or maybe she just needs to be buoyed up.....

Cele

Cele
September 9th 04, 03:10 AM
On 08 Sep 2004 23:07:31 GMT, (Joelle) wrote:

>>By becoming content within yourself and by not having expectations that
>>someone else will do it for you.
>>
>>Strangley enough, when you manage to do this, others will find you far more
>>worthy of their attention.
>>

>DING DING DING DING!
>
>That's the winning answer :-)

Got to agree there. :-)

Cele

denanson
September 9th 04, 07:09 PM
"Cele" wrote in message

> Or maybe she just needs to be buoyed up.....

LOL Very punny

Dennis