PDA

View Full Version : LOW HCG...please help

nicole0518
September 7th 04, 08:59 PM
Hi there,

I have lurked here for a long time and even posted a few times. I
need some help/advise. I have been doing injections with IUI (2
cycles). I just had my beta test this morning...it has been 14 days
today since my IUI. The nurse called and said I was pg but my level
was 6. She said she wasn't sure it would progress. I asked if it was
possible I could have implanted late and she said yes. She also said
it is possible all would be ok but she was trying to prepare me for
all possibilities. Has anyone had an HCG this low at this stage and
the pregnancy turned out fine? The 2ww was so difficult and I am
hopeful but scared at the same time which I am sure is not good
either. I have to go back Thursday for another test. Hopefully my
levels will have doubled and I can be re-assured! Any help you
wonderful ladies have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nicole

Jamie Clark
September 7th 04, 09:45 PM
Nicole,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am doubtful that your pregnancy
is viable. 14 days past ovulation your beta levels should be much closer to
100. You know they consider anything 5 or less not pregnant, so 6 is not
good.

I've had 9 losses total, 6 of them where chemical pregnancies -- pregnancies
with low initial betas that didn't double normally, and quickly failed.
I've had betas at 5.9, 6, 12, 22, 37, and 90, and none of them were viable.
I also know of plenty of stories of very low betas that did double and did
result in healthy babies. I think the lowest I've heard was in the 20's.

The good news is this -- conception has occurred. This means that your
tubes are clear and sperm is fertilizing the egg. These are all really good
things. If this pregnancy isn't viable, the other small token piece of good
news is that you can try again next month. You won't have to wait for your
body to miscarry, as the embryo is so small that your period should just
feel like a normal period.

I'm sorry that I'm not more optimistic. Good luck to you.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

"nicole0518" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi there,
>
> I have lurked here for a long time and even posted a few times. I
> need some help/advise. I have been doing injections with IUI (2
> cycles). I just had my beta test this morning...it has been 14 days
> today since my IUI. The nurse called and said I was pg but my level
> was 6. She said she wasn't sure it would progress. I asked if it was
> possible I could have implanted late and she said yes. She also said
> it is possible all would be ok but she was trying to prepare me for
> all possibilities. Has anyone had an HCG this low at this stage and
> the pregnancy turned out fine? The 2ww was so difficult and I am
> hopeful but scared at the same time which I am sure is not good
> either. I have to go back Thursday for another test. Hopefully my
> levels will have doubled and I can be re-assured! Any help you
> wonderful ladies have would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicole

Cathy
September 8th 04, 02:09 AM
nicole0518 wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have lurked here for a long time and even posted a few times. I
> need some help/advise. I have been doing injections with IUI (2
> cycles). I just had my beta test this morning...it has been 14 days
> today since my IUI. The nurse called and said I was pg but my level
> was 6. She said she wasn't sure it would progress. I asked if it was
> possible I could have implanted late and she said yes. She also said
> it is possible all would be ok but she was trying to prepare me for
> all possibilities. Has anyone had an HCG this low at this stage and
> the pregnancy turned out fine? The 2ww was so difficult and I am
> hopeful but scared at the same time which I am sure is not good
> either. I have to go back Thursday for another test. Hopefully my
> levels will have doubled and I can be re-assured! Any help you
> wonderful ladies have would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicole

I am unclear as to when I conceived. I had a blood test done the day I
found out I was pregnant, and my HCG was 46. This would have been 14 or 21
days since being intimate (I think - there may have been one in the
middle). I was really worried as it seemed very low, but things progressed
well from there. Sorry, I know it's not as low as 6. Good luck for
Thursday.

Cathy
EDD 8 Dec 04

nicole0518
September 8th 04, 04:08 AM
Thanks Jamie. I do appreciate your thoughts. I just hope that if it
turns out to not be viable that it is not ectopic. I had an ectopic a
year ago July and that is something I really do not want to go through
again. I guess I will keep cautiously hoping and see what Thursday
brings.

Nicole
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message >...
> Nicole,
> I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am doubtful that your pregnancy
> is viable. 14 days past ovulation your beta levels should be much closer to
> 100. You know they consider anything 5 or less not pregnant, so 6 is not
> good.
>
> I've had 9 losses total, 6 of them where chemical pregnancies -- pregnancies
> with low initial betas that didn't double normally, and quickly failed.
> I've had betas at 5.9, 6, 12, 22, 37, and 90, and none of them were viable.
> I also know of plenty of stories of very low betas that did double and did
> result in healthy babies. I think the lowest I've heard was in the 20's.
>
> The good news is this -- conception has occurred. This means that your
> tubes are clear and sperm is fertilizing the egg. These are all really good
> things. If this pregnancy isn't viable, the other small token piece of good
> news is that you can try again next month. You won't have to wait for your
> body to miscarry, as the embryo is so small that your period should just
> feel like a normal period.
>
> I'm sorry that I'm not more optimistic. Good luck to you.
> --
>
> Jamie & Taylor
> Earth Angel, 1/3/03
>
> Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
> Password: Guest
> Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID and
> Password
>
> Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/
>

> "nicole0518" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have lurked here for a long time and even posted a few times. I
> > need some help/advise. I have been doing injections with IUI (2
> > cycles). I just had my beta test this morning...it has been 14 days
> > today since my IUI. The nurse called and said I was pg but my level
> > was 6. She said she wasn't sure it would progress. I asked if it was
> > possible I could have implanted late and she said yes. She also said
> > it is possible all would be ok but she was trying to prepare me for
> > all possibilities. Has anyone had an HCG this low at this stage and
> > the pregnancy turned out fine? The 2ww was so difficult and I am
> > hopeful but scared at the same time which I am sure is not good
> > either. I have to go back Thursday for another test. Hopefully my
> > levels will have doubled and I can be re-assured! Any help you
> > wonderful ladies have would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nicole

Jamie Clark
September 8th 04, 04:49 AM
Fingers crossed, Nicole! I hope I'm wrong!
--

> [...]

>> > I have lurked here for a long time and even posted a few times. I
>> > need some help/advise. I have been doing injections with IUI (2
>> > cycles). I just had my beta test this morning...it has been 14 days
>> > today since my IUI. The nurse called and said I was pg but my level
>> > was 6. She said she wasn't sure it would progress. I asked if it was
>> > possible I could have implanted late and she said yes. She also said
>> > it is possible all would be ok but she was trying to prepare me for
>> > all possibilities. Has anyone had an HCG this low at this stage and
>> > the pregnancy turned out fine? The 2ww was so difficult and I am
>> > hopeful but scared at the same time which I am sure is not good
>> > either. I have to go back Thursday for another test. Hopefully my
>> > levels will have doubled and I can be re-assured! Any help you
>> > wonderful ladies have would be greatly appreciated.

Kazh
September 8th 04, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry I can't be helpful regarding the test results but I wanted you =
to know I am praying for you.

[...]

September 8th 04, 07:19 PM
Thank you for your prayers. I do need and appreciate them.
"Kazh" > wrote in message >...
> I'm sorry I can't be helpful regarding the test results but I wanted you
> to know I am praying for you.
>

> "nicole0518" > wrote in message
> om...
> Hi there,
>
> I have lurked here for a long time and even posted a few times. I
> need some help/advise. I have been doing injections with IUI (2
> cycles). I just had my beta test this morning...it has been 14 days
> today since my IUI. The nurse called and said I was pg but my level
> was 6. She said she wasn't sure it would progress. I asked if it was
> possible I could have implanted late and she said yes. She also said
> it is possible all would be ok but she was trying to prepare me for
> all possibilities. Has anyone had an HCG this low at this stage and
> the pregnancy turned out fine? The 2ww was so difficult and I am
> hopeful but scared at the same time which I am sure is not good
> either. I have to go back Thursday for another test. Hopefully my
> levels will have doubled and I can be re-assured! Any help you
> wonderful ladies have would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicole

Hillary Israeli
September 8th 04, 07:57 PM

*
*I've had 9 losses total, 6 of them where chemical pregnancies -- pregnancies
*with low initial betas that didn't double normally, and quickly failed.
*I've had betas at 5.9, 6, 12, 22, 37, and 90, and none of them were viable.
*I also know of plenty of stories of very low betas that did double and did
*result in healthy babies. I think the lowest I've heard was in the 20's.

FWIW I can confirm a report of a viable pregnancy (now a 4 yr old) who
started out as an hCG of 9. Not that it means anything in this particular
case of course.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

nicole0518
September 9th 04, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and my
HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do another
test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.

Thanks,
Nicole
(Hillary Israeli) wrote in message >...
> In >,
> Jamie Clark > wrote:
>
> *Nicole,
> *I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am doubtful that your pregnancy
> *is viable. 14 days past ovulation your beta levels should be much closer to
> *100. You know they consider anything 5 or less not pregnant, so 6 is not
> *good.
> *
> *I've had 9 losses total, 6 of them where chemical pregnancies -- pregnancies
> *with low initial betas that didn't double normally, and quickly failed.
> *I've had betas at 5.9, 6, 12, 22, 37, and 90, and none of them were viable.
> *I also know of plenty of stories of very low betas that did double and did
> *result in healthy babies. I think the lowest I've heard was in the 20's.
>
> FWIW I can confirm a report of a viable pregnancy (now a 4 yr old) who
> started out as an hCG of 9. Not that it means anything in this particular
> case of course.

Tara
September 9th 04, 10:30 PM
On 9 Sep 2004 13:42:55 -0700, (nicole0518)
wrote:

>Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and my
>HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
>double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do another
>test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Best of luck and health to you.

Tara

Kazh
September 9th 04, 10:30 PM
Fingers crossed.

"nicole0518" > wrote in message =
om...
Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and my
HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do another
test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.

Thanks,
Nicole
(Hillary Israeli) wrote in message =
> In >,
> Jamie Clark > wrote:
>=20
> *Nicole,
> *I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am doubtful that your =
pregnancy=20
> *is viable. 14 days past ovulation your beta levels should be much =
closer to=20
> *100. You know they consider anything 5 or less not pregnant, so 6 is =
not=20
> *good.
> *
> *I've had 9 losses total, 6 of them where chemical pregnancies -- =
pregnancies=20
> *with low initial betas that didn't double normally, and quickly =
failed.=20
> *I've had betas at 5.9, 6, 12, 22, 37, and 90, and none of them were =
viable.=20
> *I also know of plenty of stories of very low betas that did double =
and did=20
> *result in healthy babies. I think the lowest I've heard was in the =
20's.
>=20
> FWIW I can confirm a report of a viable pregnancy (now a 4 yr old) who =

> started out as an hCG of 9. Not that it means anything in this =
particular=20
> case of course.

Jamie Clark
September 9th 04, 11:59 PM
That's good news, Nicole. I wouldn't breathe a sign of relief until it's
closer to 50 or 100, but again, that's me. It's a good first step, which is
all you can ask for at this point. You might want to ask them if they'll
check it again every few days, or in a week, so you can verify that it's
still heading in the right direction.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

"nicole0518" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and my
> HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
> double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do another
> test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicole
> (Hillary Israeli) wrote in message
>> In >,
>> Jamie Clark > wrote:
>>
>> *Nicole,
>> *I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am doubtful that your
>> pregnancy
>> *is viable. 14 days past ovulation your beta levels should be much
>> closer to
>> *100. You know they consider anything 5 or less not pregnant, so 6 is
>> not
>> *good.
>> *
>> *I've had 9 losses total, 6 of them where chemical pregnancies --
>> pregnancies
>> *with low initial betas that didn't double normally, and quickly failed.
>> *I've had betas at 5.9, 6, 12, 22, 37, and 90, and none of them were
>> viable.
>> *I also know of plenty of stories of very low betas that did double and
>> did
>> *result in healthy babies. I think the lowest I've heard was in the
>> 20's.
>>
>> FWIW I can confirm a report of a viable pregnancy (now a 4 yr old) who
>> started out as an hCG of 9. Not that it means anything in this particular
>> case of course.

Cathy
September 10th 04, 02:14 AM
nicole0518 wrote:
> Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and my
> HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
> double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do another
> test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
> Nicole

All the best - hope Saturday sees you nice and high.

Cathy

Bóliath
September 13th 04, 08:00 PM
nicole0518 wrote:

> Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and my
> HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
> double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do another
> test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.

Hi Nicole,

I hope things went well on Saturday!

Thinking of you,

nicole0518
September 15th 04, 03:53 AM
I everyone,

Thank you all so much for your care and prayers....Saturday did not go
very well. I had my blood test inthe morning. After I came home, I
passed a rather large clot and was hysterical. About an hour later,
the doctor called and said my levels doubled to 25. I told them about
the clot and they brought me in Monday for another test that revealed
my levels dropped to 13. I am of course devastated. I eally
appreciate all of your advice and good wishes. I will be back in the
future for advice and support. You ladies are great!!!! Good luck to
all.

Nicole
Bóliath > wrote in message >...
> nicole0518 wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and my
> > HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
> > double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do another
> > test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.
>
> Hi Nicole,
>
> I hope things went well on Saturday!
>
> Thinking of you,
> Bó

Jamie Clark
September 15th 04, 04:00 AM
Hugs Nicole. That's one of the common scenarios when the betas start out
SOOOO dang low. It's just so easy for it to go downhill...once they are up
higher, past a few hundred, you know that the cells are kicking into gear
and something is REALLY going on.

I'm sorry this didn't work out. Hugs.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

"nicole0518" > wrote in message
om...
>I everyone,
>
> Thank you all so much for your care and prayers....Saturday did not go
> very well. I had my blood test inthe morning. After I came home, I
> passed a rather large clot and was hysterical. About an hour later,
> the doctor called and said my levels doubled to 25. I told them about
> the clot and they brought me in Monday for another test that revealed
> my levels dropped to 13. I am of course devastated. I eally
> appreciate all of your advice and good wishes. I will be back in the
> future for advice and support. You ladies are great!!!! Good luck to
> all.
>
> Nicole
> Bóliath > wrote in message
>> nicole0518 wrote:
>>
>> > Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and my
>> > HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
>> > double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do another
>> > test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.
>>
>> Hi Nicole,
>>
>> I hope things went well on Saturday!
>>
>> Thinking of you,
>> Bó

Bóliath
September 15th 04, 05:48 PM
nicole0518 wrote:

> I everyone,
>
> Thank you all so much for your care and prayers....Saturday did not go
> very well. I had my blood test inthe morning. After I came home, I
> passed a rather large clot and was hysterical. About an hour later,
> the doctor called and said my levels doubled to 25. I told them about
> the clot and they brought me in Monday for another test that revealed
> my levels dropped to 13. I am of course devastated. I eally
> appreciate all of your advice and good wishes. I will be back in the
> future for advice and support. You ladies are great!!!! Good luck to
> all.
>
> Nicole

I'm sorry to hear that Nicole. I had a miscarriage last year and was
devastated. many of the women here have had similar losses and gone on
to have successful pregnancies. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Tara
September 15th 04, 11:14 PM
I'm so sorry. Take extra good care of yourself right now.

Tara

Cathy
September 16th 04, 02:11 AM
nicole0518 wrote:
> I everyone,
>
> Thank you all so much for your care and prayers....Saturday did not go
> very well.

So sorry. Hope all goes well next time.

Cathy

Leslie
September 16th 04, 01:00 PM
I'm so sorry, Nicole. :-( I hope we'll see you back again soon with good news.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Kazh
September 16th 04, 01:24 PM
Oh Nicole {{{HUGS}}}

We'll are be here for support.

B=F3liath > wrote in message =
> nicole0518 wrote:
>=20
> > Hi everyone.....just an update. I had another beta done today and =
my
> > HCG level is now at 13. From what I understand it is supposed to
> > double every 2-3 days? It obviously doubled and they will do =
another
> > test on Saturday. Please keep me in your thoughts.
>=20
> Hi Nicole,
>=20
> I hope things went well on Saturday!
>=20
> Thinking of you,
> B=F3

Cath
September 17th 04, 12:57 PM
{{{{Nicole}}}} so sorry to hear that... I went through the same thing
last week and know how you feel...

Cath Mom to Fenna 07/05/03