PDA

View Full Version : Percent of income

JTK
September 7th 04, 11:47 PM
What is the maximum percentage of a noncustodial parent's salary that
can be awarded in Connecticut. Meanig child support and alimony.
Someone told me it is 55%. Does anyone know if this is true? I am
assuming it is the percentageof the the net amount after taxes

ROADDOG
September 8th 04, 05:37 AM
Bad news. It is a percentage before taxes. They get theirs then you pay
the taxes on the whole thing and get to keep what ever is left over.

JTK wrote:

> What is the maximum percentage of a noncustodial parent's salary that
> can be awarded in Connecticut. Meanig child support and alimony.
> Someone told me it is 55%. Does anyone know if this is true? I am
> assuming it is the percentageof the the net amount after taxes

Dusty
September 8th 04, 05:46 AM
"JTK" > wrote in message
et...
> What is the maximum percentage of a noncustodial parent's salary that
> can be awarded in Connecticut. Meanig child support and alimony.
> Someone told me it is 55%. Does anyone know if this is true? I am
> assuming it is the percentageof the the net amount after taxes

OK, hang onto your sox...

In MA, C$ alone can go as much as 50%. That does not include added amounts
for covering any arrears that there might be.

Alimony, hummm... I don't believe that that is actually used much any more.
The reason being, C$ isn't based on any actual costs to raise/support a
child. So, alimony awards are often worked into the amount of C$ ordered.
This is often times referred to as 'backdoor alimony'.

Because C$ awards are so high, unable to be reduced or forgiven (thanks to
the Bradley bill) for any reason, and it's so easy to create an arrears
(corrupt judges and attorneys do it all the time) these days, that alimony
is almost forgotten about.

Oh, yeah.. here's the fun part - C$ is computed BEFORE taxes are taken out!
So, you have up to 50% taken in C$, then another 30+% in taxes (in MA it's
about 35% in taxes) and you're expected to live on the rest.

Now I don't know about you, but I don't make six figures. Though this
little detail the courts don't want to hear, see or even have talked about.
If the media ever got wind of the truth.. they'd never report it. The
feminists own them, they love to suck on the teat that feeds them the best
propaganda.

AZ Astrea
September 8th 04, 08:46 AM
"JTK" > wrote in message
et...
> What is the maximum percentage of a noncustodial parent's salary that
> can be awarded in Connecticut. Meanig child support and alimony.
> Someone told me it is 55%. Does anyone know if this is true? I am
> assuming it is the percentageof the the net amount after taxes
--------------
I don't know about Connecticut but in Washington state they can take 50%
just for cs then more for any arrears up to 65%. In WA it's based on your
net pay but, like others here have mentioned, it can be based on your gross.
I don't know about alimony, (thank dog).

~AZ~

DLove
September 8th 04, 12:54 PM
Sorry, I too heard that if you have arrearages that federal law allows the
State to take as much as 2/3 fo your salary!! Will spend some time
researching this.

DLove