PDA

View Full Version : Bad moods

Jill
September 8th 04, 12:12 AM
whew.I don't think this classifies as PPD, but I have been in a very bad
mood for several days. I am bored, sad, unhappy, dissatisfied, not content.
I have not been able to "snap out of it". Could this be hormonal? That's
what it feels like- bad PMS where everything is wrong and nothing I do makes
me feel better, then one day about 3-4 days later it just goes away.

But it is really annoying. I hate to feel this sad and bad. Worse, I hate to
feel so lost and unsatisfied-- NOTHING makes me happy. I can't smile. I just
feel agitated.

What causes this? Nothing has changed or happened?? I am going to talk to my
doctor but, antidepressants, BTDT and I do not think that is my relief. I
almost feel like I need a sedative to relax my mind.

Can anyone relate? Could it be months of irregular, sparse sleep?

Clisby
September 8th 04, 01:18 AM
Jill wrote:
> whew.I don't think this classifies as PPD, but I have been in a very bad
> mood for several days. I am bored, sad, unhappy, dissatisfied, not content.
> I have not been able to "snap out of it". Could this be hormonal? That's
> what it feels like- bad PMS where everything is wrong and nothing I do makes
> me feel better, then one day about 3-4 days later it just goes away.
>
> But it is really annoying. I hate to feel this sad and bad. Worse, I hate to
> feel so lost and unsatisfied-- NOTHING makes me happy. I can't smile. I just
> feel agitated.
>
> What causes this? Nothing has changed or happened?? I am going to talk to my
> doctor but, antidepressants, BTDT and I do not think that is my relief. I
> almost feel like I need a sedative to relax my mind.
>
> Can anyone relate? Could it be months of irregular, sparse sleep?

I can certainly relate to sleep deprivation making everything seem
bleak. Is Rachel keeping you awake a lot at night, or is it something
else? I remember with my 1st I couldn't sleep well even when Emma *was*
sleeping - seemed like I was constantly waking up.

Clisby

Amy
September 8th 04, 05:01 AM
I hear you. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, I wake up feeling really
irritable and short tempered. I don't want to be suckled, touched, talked
to, cried at....I just want to yell, "Go Away!" to the world in general. The
kind of day when you want to run your supermarket trolley into some poor
person's ankles. And *extreme* agitation, sometimes I can't sit still.
I'm picking it's hormonal, at least mine seems to have minimal outside
triggers. If you find a cure, let me know, k? ;-)

"Jill" > wrote in message
> whew.I don't think this classifies as PPD, but I have been in a very bad
> mood for several days. I am bored, sad, unhappy, dissatisfied, not
content.
> I have not been able to "snap out of it". Could this be hormonal? That's
> what it feels like- bad PMS where everything is wrong and nothing I do
makes
> me feel better, then one day about 3-4 days later it just goes away.
>
> But it is really annoying. I hate to feel this sad and bad. Worse, I hate
> feel so lost and unsatisfied-- NOTHING makes me happy. I can't smile. I
just
> feel agitated.
>
> What causes this? Nothing has changed or happened?? I am going to talk to
my
> doctor but, antidepressants, BTDT and I do not think that is my relief. I
> almost feel like I need a sedative to relax my mind.
>
> Can anyone relate? Could it be months of irregular, sparse sleep?

Kelly
September 8th 04, 06:00 AM
Oh I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I would guess that it is
hormonal and sleep deprivation. When I worked nights I'd get this way, too.
The fact that you recognize the feelings and don't like it is a good sign
that you can get through it, however, if you feel worse I'd definately seek
further advice. Good luck-
(((hugs)))

Kelly

"Jill" > wrote in message
> whew.I don't think this classifies as PPD, but I have been in a very bad
> mood for several days. I am bored, sad, unhappy, dissatisfied, not
content.
> I have not been able to "snap out of it". Could this be hormonal? That's
> what it feels like- bad PMS where everything is wrong and nothing I do
makes
> me feel better, then one day about 3-4 days later it just goes away.
>
> But it is really annoying. I hate to feel this sad and bad. Worse, I hate
> feel so lost and unsatisfied-- NOTHING makes me happy. I can't smile. I
just
> feel agitated.
>
> What causes this? Nothing has changed or happened?? I am going to talk to
my
> doctor but, antidepressants, BTDT and I do not think that is my relief. I
> almost feel like I need a sedative to relax my mind.
>
> Can anyone relate? Could it be months of irregular, sparse sleep?

Maggie
September 8th 04, 06:04 AM
Amy spake thusly
>I hear you. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, I wake up feeling really
>irritable and short tempered. I don't want to be suckled, touched, talked
>to, cried at....I just want to yell, "Go Away!" to the world in general. The
>kind of day when you want to run your supermarket trolley into some poor
>person's ankles.

ROTFL!! I have a lot of days like that ;)

>And *extreme* agitation, sometimes I can't sit still.
>I'm picking it's hormonal, at least mine seems to have minimal outside
>triggers. If you find a cure, let me know, k? ;-)

Today the cure is Guinness and ginger cake. YMMV. :)
--
Maggie

Kelly
September 9th 04, 06:48 AM
Oddly, that sounds good right this second ;)
Kelly