PDA

View Full Version : Middle Names help needed

Kazh
September 8th 04, 07:32 PM
I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''

To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that =
sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

--=20
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

Sophie
September 8th 04, 08:13 PM
>So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.
>--
>Karen
>DS 10th Aug 1986
>DD 13th Aug 1988
>EDD 14th May 2005

How about your first or middle name as Emily's middle name?
How about your husband's middle name as Connor's middle name? Or your
maiden name as Connor's middle name?

ChitaShines
September 8th 04, 08:14 PM
>So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

What we did was come up with a list of boys & girls names that we liked.
When we found out it was a girl, we agreed on a first name. With the middle
name, I tried out the first names of relatives, but none of them seemed to
go with her first name. How we settled on her middle name was to go back to
our list and picked a 2nd girl's name that went with our DD first name.

Here's a few suggestions:

Emily Rose
Connor Anthony
Connor Bishop

I hope you will get your DH to agree on a middle name. I've found that in
the working world, if you go into a job without a middle name and they need
one to enter your name into the company's electronic directory or for e-mail
purposes, they automatically assign X as a middle initial. Food for
thought....

Good luck!

Kazh
September 8th 04, 08:15 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message =
>So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.
>--=20
>Karen
>DS 10th Aug 1986
>DD 13th Aug 1988
>EDD 14th May 2005

How about your first or middle name as Emily's middle name?
How about your husband's middle name as Connor's middle name? Or your
maiden name as Connor's middle name?
---------------
Emily Karen ?
Connor Gary ?
Connor Wood ?

Doesn't sound right to me, but thanssk for the thought.

Kazh
September 8th 04, 08:17 PM
"ChitaShines" > wrote in message =
m...
>So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

What we did was come up with a list of boys & girls names that we liked.
When we found out it was a girl, we agreed on a first name. With the =
middle
name, I tried out the first names of relatives, but none of them seemed =
go with her first name. How we settled on her middle name was to go =
back to
our list and picked a 2nd girl's name that went with our DD first name.

Here's a few suggestions:

Emily Rose
Connor Anthony
Connor Bishop

I hope you will get your DH to agree on a middle name. I've found that =
in
the working world, if you go into a job without a middle name and they =
need
one to enter your name into the company's electronic directory or for =
e-mail
purposes, they automatically assign X as a middle initial. Food for
thought....

Good luck!
----------------------

I love Emily Rose but DH said it sounds ''old fashioned''

I also Like Emily Charlotte, Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go =
for these either.

I have no idea what will go with Connor.

Sophie
September 8th 04, 08:24 PM
> Connor Bishop

Someone's been watching General Hospital - lol.

Sophie
September 8th 04, 08:32 PM
>How about your first or middle name as Emily's middle name?
>How about your husband's middle name as Connor's middle name? Or your
>maiden name as Connor's middle name?
>---------------
>Emily Karen ?
>Connor Gary ?
>Connor Wood ?

>Doesn't sound right to me, but thanssk for the thought.

Patrick's middle name is Wood, and so is my husband's. It was a maiden name
way back in his family tree. It doesn't *really* go with any name but it's
the sentiment.

What's wrong with Emily Karen since it has meaning?

Sophie
September 8th 04, 08:35 PM
>I love Emily Rose but DH said it sounds ''old fashioned''

>I also Like Emily Charlotte, Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go for
these either.

Emily Elizabeth is too Clifford the Big Red Dog.

>I have no idea what will go with Connor.

When my husband wanted Connor we were going to use another family name,
Garrett, as the middle name. I *hated* the combo - lol.

Clisby
September 8th 04, 08:35 PM
Kazh wrote:
Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go for these either.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only if you want her to spend her childhood being asked about her dog
Clifford.

Clisby

Kazh
September 8th 04, 08:42 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message =
>I love Emily Rose but DH said it sounds ''old fashioned''

>I also Like Emily Charlotte, Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go =
for
these either.

Emily Elizabeth is too Clifford the Big Red Dog.

>I have no idea what will go with Connor.

When my husband wanted Connor we were going to use another family name,
Garrett, as the middle name. I *hated* the combo - lol.

--------------------------

LOL never thought of that.....Elizabeth is gone now !!

Connor Stewart ( my deceased nan's maiden name) ?

Nikki
September 8th 04, 08:44 PM
Kazh wrote:

> I love Emily Rose but DH said it sounds ''old fashioned''

Bummer. I really like Emily Rose too :-)

> I also Like Emily Charlotte, Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go
> for these either.

I can't hear Emily Elizabeth without thinking of Clifford the Big Red Dog,
lol.

> I have no idea what will go with Connor.

I like Conner James

--
Nikki

Kazh
September 8th 04, 08:45 PM
"Sophie" > wrote in message =
Patrick's middle name is Wood, and so is my husband's. It was a maiden =
name
way back in his family tree. It doesn't *really* go with any name but =
it's
the sentiment.

What's wrong with Emily Karen since it has meaning?
---------------

I like first and second names to roll together..........=20

my DD is Heather-Marie and my DS is Jamie William.=20

Both go together really well.

Denise Anderson
September 8th 04, 08:52 PM
"Kazh" > wrote in message
I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''

To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that
sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

--

Well my Emily is Emily Nicole, so I like that :) Emily Elizabeth was a
consideration until I discovered Clifford the big red dog.

I had a friend in school named Connor Michael.

Denise

Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

ChitaShines
September 8th 04, 09:11 PM
> Someone's been watching General Hospital - lol.

LOL! Guilty as charged. I do like the combo though. I even like Bishop as
a first name.

Ericka Kammerer
September 8th 04, 09:16 PM
Kazh wrote:

> So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

We have a niece named Emily Rose, which I think
is pretty, as is Emily Grace. For some reason, Connor
James comes to mind.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Kazh
September 8th 04, 10:27 PM
I DID IT.............he gave in.
He says he'll ''never use'' their middle names but if it makes me happy =
he'll agree to them...........YEAH !!! =20

Thanks to everyone we've finally decided on the names..Seems a few =
people here have very similar tastes to ours and great taste in names.

The final result -=20

Connor James=20
OR
Emily Rose.

Jennifer Sherwood Hicks
September 8th 04, 10:37 PM
I've got a Connor Alexander, so I'm kind of partial to that.

"Kazh" > wrote in message
I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''

To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that
sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

--
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

ChitaShines
September 8th 04, 11:08 PM
>I DID IT.............he gave in.
He says he'll ''never use'' their middle names but if it makes me happy
he'll agree to them...........YEAH !!!

Right on! At least now they won't be known as Emily X or Connor X at work
;-)

Jamie Clark
September 9th 04, 12:04 AM
"Kazh" > wrote in message

"Sophie" > wrote in message
>I love Emily Rose but DH said it sounds ''old fashioned''

>I also Like Emily Charlotte, Emily Elizabeth but not sure if he'll go for
these either.

Emily Elizabeth is too Clifford the Big Red Dog.

>I have no idea what will go with Connor.

When my husband wanted Connor we were going to use another family name,
Garrett, as the middle name. I *hated* the combo - lol.

--------------------------

LOL never thought of that.....Elizabeth is gone now !!

Connor Stewart ( my deceased nan's maiden name) ?

I like Connor Stewart, and someone else mentioned Connor James. I'd also
say look through your family tree -- both of your dads names, grandfathers,
and on back. Brothers, uncles, etc.

Same with the women in your family tree. There might be a great name back
there that you can use for a middle name for Emily.

I think both Emily and Connor are nice names, and should go well with a lot
of options for middle names.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Jamie Clark
September 9th 04, 12:05 AM
Whoo hoo! Congrats on "winning" that one! I like both of your options!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Leslie
September 9th 04, 12:15 AM
Yay! I'm so glad he went for Emily Rose--I have one of my own. :-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Kaybee
September 9th 04, 01:18 AM
"Kazh" > wrote in message
I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

He must have the family tridition of no middle name. Well in my DH's family
the girls don't have a middle name they take their maden name as the middle
when they get married. Also in his family the boys get their mom's maiden
name as their middle name. (though he is the only one that doesn't have this
but his sister has no middle name) It took me some time to convince him to
let me give our baby a middle name.

His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''

To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that
sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

What about Marie, Paige, or an old family name that is not used
much......Connor I am not sure, maybe an old family name.

Good luck
Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

--
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986

shixa
September 9th 04, 01:22 AM
>I think both Emily and Connor are nice names, and should go well with a lot
>of options for middle names.

I like both names too but...and I hate to say it but now when ever I
hear Connor, all I think about is Laci Peterson. (I'm obsessed with
this case...if there were camera's in the court room, I'd never leave
the house)

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com <--See him here!

A&G&K&H
September 9th 04, 02:24 AM
"Kazh" > wrote in message
I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''

To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that
sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

--
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

For names this time we went with family names as middle names but we have a
heap to choose from so it was easy.

I like Emily Jane, Emily Kate, Emily Grace, Emily Faith, and Emily Claire.
Connor Angus, Connor Flynn, Connor Andrew, Connor James, Connor Max.

HTH
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Cathy
September 9th 04, 02:58 AM
Kazh wrote:
> I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.
Congratulations on 'winning'! Just to floor you - we were decided on a name
until the day after the birth. And the name we changed was the middle on -
not the first one!

Emily Rose and Connor James sound so good though - no need to change tose.

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

September 9th 04, 03:48 AM
"Kazh" > wrote in message >...
> I DID IT.............he gave in.
> He says he'll ''never use'' their middle names but if it makes me happy
> he'll agree to them...........YEAH !!!
>
> Thanks to everyone we've finally decided on the names..Seems a few
> people here have very similar tastes to ours and great taste in names.
>
> The final result -
>
> Connor James
> OR
> Emily Rose.

yay - I like both of these - especially Connor James - good choice.

Not My Real Name
September 9th 04, 06:57 AM
"Ericka Kammerer" > wrote in message
> Kazh wrote:
>

>> So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.
>
> We have a niece named Emily Rose, which I think
> is pretty, as is Emily Grace.

Emily Grace was high on my list for a while, but DH wasn't wild about Emily,
for one thing, and for another, our last name starts with "O," so the poor
kid would have had initials that spelled EGO. Lol. I think Emily Grace and
Emily Rose are both lovely names. I have also heard of children whose name
is spelled Emmalee (or EmmaLee) and pronounced Emily, so you could make her
official first name Emma and her middle name Lee if you want to make sure
she has a middle name but can't think of something to go in there. Emily
will go with a lot, I think, as will Connor.

I also recommend looking back in the family tree. My DD's middle name is my
maternal grandmother's middle name; this time my top choice for a girl's
middle name is my own middle name, and our middle name choice for a boy is
my DH's now-deceased grandfather's first name.

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

Kelly
September 9th 04, 07:06 AM
Emily Ann
Emily Elizabeth
Conner James
Conner Matthew

Kind of boring, but they flow well. Watch for the initials-you wouldn't
want an EEK or COC/COB/CAB, etc.

Kelly
#4 2/05

"Kazh" > wrote in message
I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''

To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that
sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

--
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

Unadulterated Me
September 9th 04, 07:09 AM
Kelly wrote:

> Emily Elizabeth

To cliffordesque

Andrea

Kelly
September 9th 04, 07:12 AM
Sheesh, I am only halfway through the thread and you've already decided (it
only took you three hours-that's pretty darn good!!)

Kelly
#4 2/05

"Kazh" > wrote in message
I DID IT.............he gave in.
He says he'll ''never use'' their middle names but if it makes me happy
he'll agree to them...........YEAH !!!

Thanks to everyone we've finally decided on the names..Seems a few people
here have very similar tastes to ours and great taste in names.

The final result -

Connor James
OR
Emily Rose.

Kelly
September 9th 04, 07:29 AM
Yah, I know, but it goes ;)

kelly
now humming the Clifford song

"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Kelly wrote:
>
> > Emily Elizabeth
>
> To cliffordesque
>
> Andrea

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:07 AM
"Jennifer Sherwood Hicks" > wrote in message =
I've got a Connor Alexander, so I'm kind of partial to that.

-------
We've Finally Chosen Connor James but I like Alexander too, DH wasn't so =
keen.

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:08 AM
"ChitaShines" > wrote in message =
m...
>I DID IT.............he gave in.
He says he'll ''never use'' their middle names but if it makes me happy
he'll agree to them...........YEAH !!!

Right on! At least now they won't be known as Emily X or Connor X at =
work
;-)

----------
I guess it's becasue DH and his 2 brothers don't have a middle name he =
was so adament. He also has one sister but she does have a middle name.

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:22 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message =
"Kazh" > wrote in message=20
I like Connor Stewart, and someone else mentioned Connor James. I'd =
also=20
say look through your family tree -- both of your dads names, =
grandfathers,=20
and on back. Brothers, uncles, etc.

Same with the women in your family tree. There might be a great name =
back=20
there that you can use for a middle name for Emily.

I think both Emily and Connor are nice names, and should go well with a =
lot=20
of options for middle names.
--=20

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,=20
Password: Guest
Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID =
and=20
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

-------------
We'd have -=20

Connor John - My dad (my brother has his name as a middle name) & DH =
uncle
Connor Christopher - my brother (2 c's don't go together really)
Connor Philip - my uncle (just doesn't sound right)

Connor Alan - DH dad's (doesn't roll properly)
Connor Darren - DH Brother (not keen on the name)
Connor Kevin - DH Brother (too much like a c's)
Connor Gary - DH (DH said a definate no to this)
Connor Jimmy - DH Uncle (too old sounding - changed to James =
though...........)
Connor Horace - my paternal grandfather - (absolutely not!!)
Connor Harry - my maternal grandfather (too harry pottery!!)

Emily Ellen - My mother (two e's ??)
Emily June - DH Mother (not bad, but June is her middle name, as Ann is =
her first name she never uses)
Emily Nellie - My paternal grandmother (def not, sorry nan)
Emily Heather - DH sister - ( I already have a Heather-Marie, still love =
the name 16 years on )
Emily Carol - DH Step Mother-to-be - (nope)
Emily Emma - DH Step Sister-to-be - (def nope!!)
Emily Lindsey - DH Step Sister-to-be - (not bad)
Emily Kat - DH Sister-in-law - (too much !!)

I like the idea of using family names my DS is Jamie William and we have =
both a Jamie and A couple of Williams on my mothers side. But nothing =
seems to fit from the family. The child will be stuck with this name, =
till they are old enough to change it, and I want them to like it as =
much as I do.

DH left for work this morning saying '' I hope it's a boy now'' ,after =
saying he wanted a girl, as he thinks Emily Rose sounds like a =
shipwreck.............I told him to ''go away'' in a few choice phrases =
!!!

--=20
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:24 AM
"shixa" > wrote in message =
I like both names too but...and I hate to say it but now when ever I
hear Connor, all I think about is Laci Peterson. (I'm obsessed with
this case...if there were camera's in the court room, I'd never leave
the house)

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com <--See him here!

-----------
Sorry you've lost me. I'm from the UK is this a law case in the US ?

What a beautiful son you have BTW.

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:26 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message =
Whoo hoo! Congrats on "winning" that one! I like both of your options!
--=20

DH says Emily Rose sounds like a ship wreck but I'm ''putting my foot =
down'' so to speak, I love it and it goes so lovely together...........

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:26 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message =
Yay! I'm so glad he went for Emily Rose--I have one of my own. :-)

Leslie

------------
Looks like we both have taste !!

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:34 AM
"Kaybee" > wrote in message =

"Kazh" > wrote in message
I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

He must have the family tridition of no middle name. Well in my DH's =
family
the girls don't have a middle name they take their maden name as the =
middle
when they get married. Also in his family the boys get their mom's =
maiden
name as their middle name. (though he is the only one that doesn't have =
this
but his sister has no middle name) It took me some time to convince him =
let me give our baby a middle name.

What about Marie, Paige, or an old family name that is not used
much......Connor I am not sure, maybe an old family name.

--------------------
Your right neither DH or his 2 brothers have middle names but his sister =
does, but there's a story behind that one.=20

DH and his older brother are 15mth apart so are very close. DH younger =
brother has a 10 year gap with DH but a smaller gap with his sister (3-4 =
years I think) so because of the age gaps , it's like they are different =
''sets'' of children if you know what I mean.

Anyway, when DH mother had just had the baby girl (4th child of 4) =
Youngest brother Darren (aged about 2-3) kept calling her Heather. Now =
proud parents already had a name picked out but couldn't convince little =
Darren of her name. So in the end her first name became her second name =
and Darren still gets to call his baby sister Heather...............I =
love this story.

I already have a Marie as a middle name (DD - Heather-Marie) not sure on =
paige, it sounds nice, I may hold that in reserve.

-------------------

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:35 AM
"A&G&K&H" > wrote in message =

For names this time we went with family names as middle names but we =
have a
heap to choose from so it was easy.

I like Emily Jane, Emily Kate, Emily Grace, Emily Faith, and Emily =
Claire.
Connor Angus, Connor Flynn, Connor Andrew, Connor James, Connor Max.

---------------

I love Emily Grace, I'm torn now between that and Emily =
Rose.............

Connor James is the only thing we've truly agreed on.............he gave =
in with Emily Rose but is still not keen.

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:39 AM
"Cathy" > wrote in message =
Kazh wrote:
> I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.
Congratulations on 'winning'! Just to floor you - we were decided on a =
name
until the day after the birth. And the name we changed was the middle =
on -
not the first one!

Emily Rose and Connor James sound so good though - no need to change =
tose.

------------------

Well I'm terrible at predicting the sex of the baby so if I say it's a =
girl and am convinced of it.........sure enough it will be a boy.

With DS I had 3 girls names picked out Jacqueline, Nicola and Charlotte. =
Charlotte was to be her middle name. Come the day of the birth I have NO =
boys name and DH (now ex DH) picked 3 names and bang they you go Jamie =
William.

Same with DD I was convinced she was a boy - Adam John she was going to =
be called, but I did have a few girls names set aside but no final name =
had been picked as I though we'd not need it. So Adam John became =
Heather-Marie.

I just hope It's not same sex twins or I'm stuffed !!!

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:41 AM
> wrote in message =
om...
"Kazh" > wrote in message =
> The final result -=20
>=20
> Connor James=20
> OR
> Emily Rose.

yay - I like both of these - especially Connor James - good choice.

---------------

Connor means - wanted on so that will fit nicely with him if it's a boy.
and to mean a girls name should sound soft and delicate and I think =
Emily Rose fits perfect.

I may be being old fashioned but I think boys names should sound strong =
and girls name feminine.

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:44 AM
"Not My Real Name" > wrote in message =

Emily Grace was high on my list for a while, but DH wasn't wild about =
Emily,=20
for one thing, and for another, our last name starts with "O," so the =
poor=20
kid would have had initials that spelled EGO. Lol. I think Emily Grace =
and=20
Emily Rose are both lovely names. I have also heard of children whose =
name=20
is spelled Emmalee (or EmmaLee) and pronounced Emily, so you could make =
her=20
official first name Emma and her middle name Lee if you want to make =
sure=20
she has a middle name but can't think of something to go in there. =
Emily=20
will go with a lot, I think, as will Connor.

I also recommend looking back in the family tree. My DD's middle name =
is my=20
maternal grandmother's middle name; this time my top choice for a girl's =

middle name is my own middle name, and our middle name choice for a boy =
is=20
my DH's now-deceased grandfather's first name.

--=20
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2
And Someone Due 2/05=20
------------------------

Thanks but I've been back through all the family names we can think of =
and nothing seems to go.(see other post for names)

I'm not keen on EmmaLee spelling, I've spend most of my old married life =
(DH is no2) spelling my surname and it can be a pain in the rear. I'd =
like a name people will not need her to spell out to them everytime she =
says it.

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:47 AM

#4 2/05

------------------
Surname begins with H so most initials will be fine.

I did like Emily Elizabeth until someone mentioned Clifford the big red =
dog............I love the show but my poor kid !!!=20

I'm a Registered childminder BTW, not just some sad woman, sitting =
watching kids shows for nothing !! I get paid to do it !! LOL

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:48 AM
Kelly wrote:

> Emily Elizabeth

To cliffordesque

Andrea
-------------

I agree, lovely name though.

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:48 AM
Now you've started me .............cheers...........

"Kelly" > wrote in message =
Yah, I know, but it goes ;)

kelly
now humming the Clifford song

"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Kelly wrote:
>
> > Emily Elizabeth
>
> To cliffordesque
>
> Andrea

Kazh
September 9th 04, 09:49 AM

#4 2/05

-----------------------
I gave him ''the look'' which he finds hard to say no to !!

LOL

He still says Emily Rose soundsl ike a shipwreck but I love it.

shixa
September 9th 04, 12:08 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:24:46 +0100, "Kazh" > wrote:

>"shixa" > wrote in message ...
>I like both names too but...and I hate to say it but now when ever I
>hear Connor, all I think about is Laci Peterson. (I'm obsessed with
>this case...if there were camera's in the court room, I'd never leave
>the house)
>
>Carla
>Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
>www.victorpictures.com <--See him here!
>
>-----------
>Sorry you've lost me. I'm from the UK is this a law case in the US ?
Yes, it's a double murder case -- I won't go into any details but I do
love the name.

>What a beautiful son you have BTW.
Aw thanks...we like him too.

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com <--See him here!

Leslie
September 9th 04, 12:52 PM
>So in the end her first name became her second name =
>and Darren still gets to call his baby sister Heather...............I =
>love this story.

That IS a sweet story. We have a similar story in my family: When my Aunt
Peggy was born, she was named Iva, but her big sister (two years older) had a
doll named Peggy and started calling the baby that as well. Soon that was what
everyone called her, and though her name was not officially changed, she went
only by Peggy until the day she died.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Shelley
September 9th 04, 01:22 PM
I was going to suggest Emily Grace as that is a name I am considering
but see that you've already chosen some names. Emily Rose is very
nice too. I also like Connor James.

Now if only DH and I could agree on some names.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (2.5)
edd mar 30/05

"Kazh" > wrote in message >...
> I DID IT.............he gave in.
> He says he'll ''never use'' their middle names but if it makes me happy
> he'll agree to them...........YEAH !!!
>
> Thanks to everyone we've finally decided on the names..Seems a few
> people here have very similar tastes to ours and great taste in names.
>
> The final result -
>
> Connor James
> OR
> Emily Rose.

Mary Gordon
September 9th 04, 02:49 PM
Ya gotta have a middle name - the world is set up around 3 initials!

My daughter is Emma Claire B. and one of my sons is Connor McLean B.
The McLean is a family maiden name. We did have fun looking for
suitable maiden names to use as middle names. My oldest son has Hunter
as a middle name (his grandma's maiden name). We also had some
hilarious rejects like Wooley, Strange, Killer, Steele...LOL!! Some of
the awful combos we could make were hilarious. i.e. meet our son, Evan
Strange Killer B. or our daughter Emma Steele Wooley B. In the end, we
tried to look for surnames that might also be used as first names like
Gordon, Hunter, Stuart, McLean, Reilly. I do genealogy as a hobby, so
I've got a goldmine of ancestral names. I also could have used some
prior generations middle names, since there were lots of good ones
there.

For our daughter, we just combined two names from the first name list
that went well together (it was a toss up between Emma and Claire as
first names, so the combo was a win-win - if she hates Emma later in
life she can always be E. Claire B. )

Another friend has used place names her family came from as middle
names (you've seen some of those used as first names...like Dakota -
for example, her family was from Port Carling and her daughter has
Carling as a middle name).

My boys actually like their middle names - its the tie to family
history that is meaningful.

Mary G.

Ericka Kammerer
September 9th 04, 06:40 PM
Kelly wrote:

> Watch for the initials-you wouldn't
> want an EEK

<cough, cough> And what, precisely, is wrong with
the initials EEK?! ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

PattyMomVA
September 9th 04, 09:09 PM
"Kazh" > wrote and I snipped:

> We'd have -
>
> Emily June - DH Mother (not bad, but June is her middle name, as Ann
> is her first name she never uses)
>
> I like the idea of using family names my DS is Jamie William and we have
> both a Jamie and A couple of Williams on my mothers side.
>
> DH thinks Emily Rose sounds like a shipwreck

If your DH doesn't warm up to Emily Rose, I suggest Emily June. It's
pretty, and it would honor your MIL. It would also balance the fact that
your DS has names from your side of the family.

Good luck,
-Patty, mom of 3

Kazh
September 9th 04, 10:32 PM
"shixa" > wrote in message =
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:24:46 +0100, "Kazh" > wrote:

Yes, it's a double murder case -- I won't go into any details but I do
love the name.

--------------
Means nothing to me, sounds like a baby involved and I don't think I =
want to know any more. Anyone who can hurt or kill a child is the worst =
scum on earth.

Kazh
September 9th 04, 10:33 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message =

That IS a sweet story. We have a similar story in my family: When my =
Aunt
Peggy was born, she was named Iva, but her big sister (two years older) =
had a
doll named Peggy and started calling the baby that as well. Soon that =
was what
everyone called her, and though her name was not officially changed, she =
went
only by Peggy until the day she died.

-------------------
Lovely

Kazh
September 9th 04, 10:34 PM
We'll ask here and see if the girls can help, they've been great.

"Shelley" > wrote in message =
om...
I was going to suggest Emily Grace as that is a name I am considering
but see that you've already chosen some names. Emily Rose is very
nice too. I also like Connor James.

Now if only DH and I could agree on some names.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (2.5)
edd mar 30/05

Kazh
September 9th 04, 10:37 PM
It's amazing the thought that goes in to names. I never realised until I =
asked the question where some people get different and unusual names =
from, but they ALL have meaning which makes them more special.

"Mary Gordon" > wrote in message =
[...]

LOL.............

Kelly wrote:

> Watch for the initials-you wouldn't
> want an EEK=20

<cough, cough> And what, precisely, is wrong with
the initials EEK?! ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Kazh
September 9th 04, 10:40 PM
DS & DD are from my first marriage and not my current DH's. He loves =
them as his own and wishes they were his but unfortunately he is not =
genetically anyway.

His is a stubborn one so I'm surprised he gave in so quickly. Personally =
I think he so excited at the prospect of being a new dad he'd give me =
anything I asked for right now.................erm............now that =
has me thinking <BG>

"PattyMomVA" > wrote in message =
"Kazh" > wrote and I snipped:

> We'd have -
>
> Emily June - DH Mother (not bad, but June is her middle name, as Ann
> is her first name she never uses)
>
> I like the idea of using family names my DS is Jamie William and we =
have
> both a Jamie and A couple of Williams on my mothers side.
>
> DH thinks Emily Rose sounds like a shipwreck

If your DH doesn't warm up to Emily Rose, I suggest Emily June. It's
pretty, and it would honor your MIL. It would also balance the fact =
that
your DS has names from your side of the family.

Good luck,
-Patty, mom of 3

Rebecca McGraw
September 10th 04, 12:48 AM
Kazh wrote:

> Emily Karen ?
> Connor Gary ?
> Connor Wood ?
>
> Doesn't sound right to me, but thanssk for the thought.

For Emily's middle name you might could stick with the hard "K" sound of
Karen and use something like Kathleen or Catherine.

If your last name is short, maybe choose a multisyllobic middle name. If
it's longer, choose a shorter middle name for better "flow" like Emily
Grace or something.

My $0.02

Rebecca (thinking a lot about names these days)

Jamie Clark
September 10th 04, 12:55 AM
It does sound like you already found something that you like, but you also
might try looking much farther back in your family trees. I mean, start
with your grandparents (which you did) and then look beyond -- their
have married, and their kids, etc.

We have a great name on our family tree -- I think it was my maternal great
great grandmother whose name was Lainie Gillespie. Love it! My Great Uncle
has multiple brothers, and they all had good names, William, Thomas
Littleton (he went by Lit), and Hugh (although they all still call him
Hutch), plus there is an Ella and Vivian.

Anyway, I love the whole naming business!
--

"Kazh" > wrote in message
[...]

September 10th 04, 01:00 AM
When you say "sounds like a ship wreck" does he mean it sounds like the name
of a ship? As in, "The Wreck of the Emily Rose" or something? People name
ships after women they love, so it works for me.

And once he meets this amazing creature, if she is a she, he won't be
thinking ship wreck any more!
--

"Kazh" > wrote in message

"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
Whoo hoo! Congrats on "winning" that one! I like both of your options!
--

DH says Emily Rose sounds like a ship wreck but I'm ''putting my foot down''
so to speak, I love it and it goes so lovely together...........

Cathy
September 10th 04, 02:21 AM
Kazh wrote:

> I just hope It's not same sex twins or I'm stuffed !!!

When do you find out?! I was always convinced I'd have a girl and a boy - I
have had the names picked out for I don't know how long, and luckily DH
likes them too. Now that I'm convinced we're having another girl, we're
having real trouble. I suspect we'll have a short list, and take several
days to make it final.

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

Kelly
September 10th 04, 05:43 AM
EEK! Nothing is wrong, in fact, I tend to ignore that aspect, but some
people jump on stuff like that. I guess if it was vulgur, then I'd avoid
the initials thing.

Kelly

"Ericka Kammerer" > wrote in message
> Kelly wrote:
>

> > Watch for the initials-you wouldn't
> > want an EEK
>
> <cough, cough> And what, precisely, is wrong with
> the initials EEK?! ;-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Ericka

Kelly
September 10th 04, 05:44 AM
A shipwreck, like something that has happend at sea in a bad way, or a
shipwreck, like a freaky person.......

Kelly

#4 2/05

-----------------------
I gave him ''the look'' which he finds hard to say no to !!

LOL

He still says Emily Rose soundsl ike a shipwreck but I love it.

Kelly
September 10th 04, 05:46 AM
Not to jump in on someone else's name business, but later you can help us
decide, Jamie!

Kelly

Jamie Clark
September 10th 04, 06:30 AM
Sure, no problem!
--

"Kelly" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> Emily Heather - DH sister - ( I already have a Heather-Marie, still love
> the
>> name 16 years on )
>> Emily Carol - DH Step Mother-to-be - (nope)
>> Emily Emma - DH Step Sister-to-be - (def nope!!)
>> Emily Lindsey - DH Step Sister-to-be - (not bad)
>> Emily Kat - DH Sister-in-law - (too much !!)
>>
>> I like the idea of using family names my DS is Jamie William and we have
>> both a Jamie and A couple of Williams on my mothers side. But nothing
> seems
>> to fit from the family. The child will be stuck with this name, till they
>> are old enough to change it, and I want them to like it as much as I do.
>>
>> DH left for work this morning saying '' I hope it's a boy now'' ,after
>> saying he wanted a girl, as he thinks Emily Rose sounds like a
>> shipwreck.............I told him to ''go away'' in a few choice phrases

Jenrose
September 10th 04, 09:04 AM
In our family, middle names are almost *always* about family names of one
sort or another. I gave my daughter the middle name "Anna" because I liked
it and it sounded good with her first name, but she also ended up with her
dad's last name as a middle name, too.

But this baby will be middle-named after a grandparent (grandparent's first
name). I have the middle name of a great grandmother of mine. My mother's
middle name was some ancestor's maiden name. Same with DH. My sister's
middle name is my grandmother's middle name.

Ironically, if I were to middle-name a child after my paternal grandfather,
it would end up, "NMI".... that is, Grandpa had no middle initial and that's
what always got put in the "middle name" spot on forms.

Jenrose
-----

"Kazh" > wrote in message
I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.

His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''

To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.

Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that
sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.

So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

--
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

Jenrose
September 10th 04, 09:09 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> >So in the end her first name became her second name =
>>and Darren still gets to call his baby sister Heather...............I =
>>love this story.
>
> That IS a sweet story. We have a similar story in my family: When my
> Aunt
> Peggy was born, she was named Iva, but her big sister (two years older)
> had a
> doll named Peggy and started calling the baby that as well. Soon that was
> what
> everyone called her, and though her name was not officially changed, she
> went
> only by Peggy until the day she died.

Heh. My sister was born Elizabeth but dubbed "Rosie" within moments of
birth. It stuck... for a while she was Rosie Rosenberg of Roseburg, but they
moved when she was in grade school and she's getting married soon.

She's got the personality to carry it off though.

Jenrose

Leslie
September 10th 04, 12:18 PM
Mary G. said:

>My boys actually like their middle names - its the tie to family
>history that is meaningful.

My mother gave each of us a family name for a middle name--mine is her maiden
name, one sister's is our grandmother's maiden name and the other our
great-grandmother's. I always thought that was a little unfair to my father,
though!

I liked the idea of doing that myself, but my husband was against it. I've
finally worn him down, though, so if we ever have another boy he is getting my
middle name.

Talking of unusual family tree names, my favorite one from the past is my
great-grandmother on my father's side: Martha Magnolia McNabb. Not that I
would use it myself, but it sounds like it shold belong to a character in a
Southern novel.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Nikki
September 10th 04, 03:13 PM
Joybelle wrote:
> "Leslie" > wrote in message
>> Mary G. said:
>>
>>> My boys actually like their middle names - its the tie to family
>>> history that is meaningful.
>>
>> My mother gave each of us a family name for a middle name--mine is
>> her maiden name, one sister's is our grandmother's maiden name and
>> the other our great-grandmother's. I always thought that was a
>> little unfair to my father, though!
>
> My first daughter's middle name is after my husband's
> great-grandmother, my second's middle name is after my grandmother's
> and mine, and my son's middle name is after my husband and his
> father.

Hunter has my dad's first name as a middle name and Luke has dh's dad's fist
name as a middle name. No more boys, we are out of grandpa's :-)

--
Nikki

Hillary Israeli
September 10th 04, 03:49 PM
*"Ericka Kammerer" > wrote in message
*> Kelly wrote:
*>
*>
*> > Watch for the initials-you wouldn't
*> > want an EEK
*>
*> <cough, cough> And what, precisely, is wrong with
*> the initials EEK?! ;-)

heh. in my family such a person would end up being nicknamed "mouse."

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Joybelle
September 10th 04, 04:46 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> Mary G. said:
>
> >My boys actually like their middle names - its the tie to family
> >history that is meaningful.
>
> My mother gave each of us a family name for a middle name--mine is her
maiden
> name, one sister's is our grandmother's maiden name and the other our
> great-grandmother's. I always thought that was a little unfair to my
father,
> though!

My first daughter's middle name is after my husband's great-grandmother, my
second's middle name is after my grandmother's and mine, and my son's middle
name is after my husband and his father. If we have one more, and it's a
boy, his middle name will be after my father. If it is a girl her middle
name would be my great-grandmother's name. I love looking through the
family tree coming up with names to use. :)

> I liked the idea of doing that myself, but my husband was against it.
I've
> finally worn him down, though, so if we ever have another boy he is
getting my
> middle name.
>
> Talking of unusual family tree names, my favorite one from the past is my
> great-grandmother on my father's side: Martha Magnolia McNabb. Not that
> would use it myself, but it sounds like it shold belong to a character in
> Southern novel.

I love it! One of my great-grandmother's name was Sidney Captolia Modlin.
She had a sister whose middle name was Magnolia, and they were from
Virginia, I believe.

>William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)

Y'know, I just recently noticed this. My second daughter is only a week
older than your William. I came to mkp shortly after her birth, and your
awesome VBAC baby was often mentioned. For some reason, though, I always
thought it was in the past (like a year prior or something like that).
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Kazh
September 10th 04, 06:04 PM
Jump away Kelly, they've been a great help to me and we've decided now.

"Kelly" > wrote in message =
> [...]

> name 16 years on )
> Emily Carol - DH Step Mother-to-be - (nope)
> Emily Emma - DH Step Sister-to-be - (def nope!!)
> Emily Lindsey - DH Step Sister-to-be - (not bad)
> Emily Kat - DH Sister-in-law - (too much !!)
>
> I like the idea of using family names my DS is Jamie William and we =
have
> both a Jamie and A couple of Williams on my mothers side. But nothing
seems
> to fit from the family. The child will be stuck with this name, till =
they
> are old enough to change it, and I want them to like it as much as I =
do.

> DH left for work this morning saying '' I hope it's a boy now'' ,after
> saying he wanted a girl, as he thinks Emily Rose sounds like a
> shipwreck.............I told him to ''go away'' in a few choice =

Kazh
September 10th 04, 06:04 PM
It said it sounds too much like the ''mary rose'' .

But I love it I think its beautiful

"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message =
When you say "sounds like a ship wreck" does he mean it sounds like the =
name=20
of a ship? As in, "The Wreck of the Emily Rose" or something? People =
name=20
ships after women they love, so it works for me.

And once he meets this amazing creature, if she is a she, he won't be=20

"Kazh" > wrote in message=20

"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message=20
Whoo hoo! Congrats on "winning" that one! I like both of your options!
--=20

DH says Emily Rose sounds like a ship wreck but I'm ''putting my foot =
down''=20
so to speak, I love it and it goes so lovely together...........

Kazh
September 10th 04, 06:05 PM
I've for my 2nd beta today and should get the results next weds. She =
said after that we can start making antenatal plans.

"Cathy" > wrote in message =
Kazh wrote:

> I just hope It's not same sex twins or I'm stuffed !!!

When do you find out?! I was always convinced I'd have a girl and a boy =
- I
have had the names picked out for I don't know how long, and luckily DH
likes them too. Now that I'm convinced we're having another girl, we're
having real trouble. I suspect we'll have a short list, and take =
several
days to make it final.

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

Kazh
September 10th 04, 06:06 PM
A wrecked ship like 'Mary Rose''

#4 2/05

-----------------------
I gave him ''the look'' which he finds hard to say no to !!

LOL

He still says Emily Rose soundsl ike a shipwreck but I love it.

Jamie Clark
September 11th 04, 01:07 AM
So what is the problem with Mary Rose? Is that the name of a ship, or a
wrecked ship?
--

"Kazh" > wrote in message

"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
Whoo hoo! Congrats on "winning" that one! I like both of your options!
--

DH says Emily Rose sounds like a ship wreck but I'm ''putting my foot down''
so to speak, I love it and it goes so lovely together...........

Jamie Clark
September 11th 04, 01:08 AM
Where is the Mary Rose? Is it famous where you live? I've never heard of
it.

You can remind him that his child won't always live where you live, and
probably won't go by her first and middle name together.

#4 2/05

-----------------------
I gave him ''the look'' which he finds hard to say no to !!

LOL

He still says Emily Rose soundsl ike a shipwreck but I love it.

Hillary Israeli
September 11th 04, 01:10 AM
In >,
Jamie Clark > wrote:

*So what is the problem with Mary Rose? Is that the name of a ship, or a
*wrecked ship?

Yeah, she sank in 1545. I think the statute of limitations has run out and
it's ok to use the name now :)

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is
too dark to read." --Groucho Marx

Sophie
September 11th 04, 01:33 AM
"Hillary Israeli" > wrote in message
> In >,
> Jamie Clark > wrote:
>
> *So what is the problem with Mary Rose? Is that the name of a ship, or a
> *wrecked ship?
>
> Yeah, she sank in 1545. I think the statute of limitations has run out and
> it's ok to use the name now :)
>
> --
> Hillary Israeli, VMD

Lol!

I actually know Mary Rose as a great sauce my dad makes to dip shrimp in.

Kazh
September 11th 04, 08:04 AM
Every time he thinks of the name Rose he thinks of the ''Mary Rose'' =
shipwreck and thinks of disaster, he doesn't want to name his DD after =
it................

"Kazh" > wrote in message

"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
Whoo hoo! Congrats on "winning" that one! I like both of your options!
--=20

DH says Emily Rose sounds like a ship wreck but I'm ''putting my foot =
down''
so to speak, I love it and it goes so lovely together...........

Kazh
September 11th 04, 08:09 AM
It was a famous ship which sank in 1545 and was recently ''brought back =
from the deep'' and a museum in Portsmouth (UK) named after her to =
exhibit her remains.

http://www.maryrose.org/

"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message =
Where is the Mary Rose? Is it famous where you live? I've never heard =
of=20
it.

You can remind him that his child won't always live where you live, and=20

#4 2/05

-----------------------
I gave him ''the look'' which he finds hard to say no to !!

LOL

He still says Emily Rose soundsl ike a shipwreck but I love it.

Kazh
September 11th 04, 08:12 AM
DH doesn't like Grace either even though I do.

But Emily Rose he will agree to, even though he's ''not keen'' BUT =
''my foots down'' now !!!

"Rebecca McGraw" > wrote in message =

Kazh wrote:

> Emily Karen ?
> Connor Gary ?
> Connor Wood ?
>=20
> Doesn't sound right to me, but thanssk for the thought.

For Emily's middle name you might could stick with the hard "K" sound of =

Karen and use something like Kathleen or Catherine.

If your last name is short, maybe choose a multisyllobic middle name. If =

it's longer, choose a shorter middle name for better "flow" like Emily=20
Grace or something.

My $0.02

Rebecca (thinking a lot about names these days)

Gary Hendricks
September 11th 04, 06:53 PM
Hi

Here's some good advice - compile a shortlist from various websites
and books.
Then sit down with your husband and start eliminating. When the time
comes, you WILL decide on a name ...

Best Regards
Gary Hendricks
www.baby-product-guide.com

"Kazh" > wrote in message >...
> I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.
>
> His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''
>
> To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.
>
> Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything that
> sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.
>
> So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

Kazh
September 11th 04, 08:38 PM
Thanks Gary

"Gary Hendricks" > wrote in =
message om...

"Kazh" > wrote in message =
> I've nearly convinced DH to allow our child to have a middle name.
>=20
> His answer was ''If you find one you like, I'll think about it''
>=20
> To me that's as good as it's going to get right now.
>=20
> Here's the dilemma, I'm searching a website and can't find anything =
that=20
> sounds good, that I know he'll agree to.
>=20
> So advice needed for a middle name for Emily or Connor.

Leslie
September 11th 04, 10:32 PM
>One of my great-grandmother's name was Sidney Captolia Modlin.

Oh, that one definitely belongs in a book, too!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Leslie
September 11th 04, 10:34 PM

>Y'know, I just recently noticed this. My second daughter is only a week
>older than your William. I came to mkp shortly after her birth, and your
>awesome VBAC baby was often mentioned. For some reason, though, I always
>thought it was in the past (like a year prior or something like that).

It's hard for me to believe it's already been 3.5 years! For some reason my
big kids got out the tape from one of the three local stations that put the
news on the air. It was so funny to see what a fat and long baby he was. He
looks so different now--he is taller than average but slim.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

H Schinske
September 12th 04, 07:32 AM
>I did like Emily Elizabeth until someone mentioned Clifford the big red =
>dog............I love the show but my poor kid !!!=20

It's *never* been a problem for my daughter that I've ever heard. I don't know
if the show was on when she was small though, there may have been just the
books (which are pretty old, the first ones anyway). I didn't even know there
was a TV show, though I am not surprised.

--Helen

Leslie
September 12th 04, 03:12 PM
Helen said:

>It's *never* been a problem for my daughter that I've ever heard.

Well, I LOVE the name Emily Elizabeth and I would hate to think that a stupid
kids' show has ruined it forever!

I don't
>know
>if the show was on when she was small though, there may have been just the
>books (which are pretty old, the first ones anyway).

I remember "Clifford the Big Red Dog" from when I was a little girl. Now it's
gotten all commercialized and stupider and stupider, IMO.

I didn't even know there
>was a TV show, though I am not surprised.

It's relatively new. William likes it. I find it innocuous but stupid.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Donna Metler
September 12th 04, 05:08 PM
"H Schinske" > wrote in message
> >I did like Emily Elizabeth until someone mentioned Clifford the big red =
> >dog............I love the show but my poor kid !!!=20
>
> It's *never* been a problem for my daughter that I've ever heard. I don't
know
> if the show was on when she was small though, there may have been just the
> books (which are pretty old, the first ones anyway). I didn't even know
there
> was a TV show, though I am not surprised.
>
> --Helen
Now, I think every kindergarten-3rd grader in the country knows the show, so
it would be about like naming a boy "Barney" (a name I'm betting has gotten
very little use in the last decade or so!)

Joybelle
September 12th 04, 08:45 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message

> >One of my great-grandmother's name was Sidney Captolia Modlin.
>
> Oh, that one definitely belongs in a book, too!

I've always loved it. :) I just asked my mom today what Sidney's sister's
name was, and it was Laura Magnolia. Even better!

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01