PDA

View Full Version : psychic Sophie and I were ...

Vicki S
September 9th 04, 03:21 AM
>> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)

WRONG!

I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
I have not finalized her middle names yet.)

She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!

The short version of the birth story:
My midwife stripped my membranes for the fourth time (oy) the
afternoon of the 7th. I took black and blue cohosh. Labor started
(again) at around 3:30 or 4pm. Hubby came home and the midwives came
over. A friend came over to watch the two older kids.
Labor was not that hard to deal with, but I wasn't (as it turned out)
dilating. The kids went to bed. Hours passed. I went upstairs to
try to rest and our friend went home. I spent a couple of hours
zoning out between contractions and listening to DH snore. During
contractions I would dream of an epidural and a c-section. :)
Suddenly my water broke, I was in excrutiating pain, I wanted to take
a shower and I was miserable beyond imagining. I got in the shower
and a few moments later started to push. After a few very intense
moments, she was born. I got to cut her cord myself and check her
parts. I was surprised enough to discover that she was a girl that I
rechecked again a few minutes later. ;-)
We should have realized when I got all freaked out and incoherent and
crazy that I was in transition, but I was too far gone to think,
myself.

She's gorgeous!

--
Vicki. Married DH May, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/99;
Chatty, born 5/02, and Sleepy, born 9/8/04 2004.

Kara H
September 9th 04, 03:30 AM
"Vicki S" > wrote:

> She's gorgeous!

Congratulations, Vicki!!! What a beautiful name! Sounds as though the birth
went well, too.

Enjoy your little one!

-Kara.

Plissken
September 9th 04, 04:04 AM
"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)

Yay!! Congratulations Vicki and welcome Lilah! I'm glad everything went so
well for you.

Nadene

Kaybee
September 9th 04, 04:12 AM
congrats on the new baby girl. glad the birth went well.

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!
>
> The short version of the birth story:
> My midwife stripped my membranes for the fourth time (oy) the
> afternoon of the 7th. I took black and blue cohosh. Labor started
> (again) at around 3:30 or 4pm. Hubby came home and the midwives came
> over. A friend came over to watch the two older kids.
> Labor was not that hard to deal with, but I wasn't (as it turned out)
> dilating. The kids went to bed. Hours passed. I went upstairs to
> try to rest and our friend went home. I spent a couple of hours
> zoning out between contractions and listening to DH snore. During
> contractions I would dream of an epidural and a c-section. :)
> Suddenly my water broke, I was in excrutiating pain, I wanted to take
> a shower and I was miserable beyond imagining. I got in the shower
> and a few moments later started to push. After a few very intense
> moments, she was born. I got to cut her cord myself and check her
> parts. I was surprised enough to discover that she was a girl that I
> rechecked again a few minutes later. ;-)
> We should have realized when I got all freaked out and incoherent and
> crazy that I was in transition, but I was too far gone to think,
> myself.
>
> She's gorgeous!
>
> --
> Vicki. Married DH May, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/99;
> Chatty, born 5/02, and Sleepy, born 9/8/04 2004.

Jamie Clark
September 9th 04, 06:41 AM
Congrats! Whoo hooo!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Not My Real Name
September 9th 04, 06:47 AM
"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
>>> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
>> Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!

Congratulations! Welcome Lilah!

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

Kelly
September 9th 04, 07:22 AM
Congratulations Vicky!

Kelly
#4 2/05

"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!
>
> The short version of the birth story:
> My midwife stripped my membranes for the fourth time (oy) the
> afternoon of the 7th. I took black and blue cohosh. Labor started
> (again) at around 3:30 or 4pm. Hubby came home and the midwives came
> over. A friend came over to watch the two older kids.
> Labor was not that hard to deal with, but I wasn't (as it turned out)
> dilating. The kids went to bed. Hours passed. I went upstairs to
> try to rest and our friend went home. I spent a couple of hours
> zoning out between contractions and listening to DH snore. During
> contractions I would dream of an epidural and a c-section. :)
> Suddenly my water broke, I was in excrutiating pain, I wanted to take
> a shower and I was miserable beyond imagining. I got in the shower
> and a few moments later started to push. After a few very intense
> moments, she was born. I got to cut her cord myself and check her
> parts. I was surprised enough to discover that she was a girl that I
> rechecked again a few minutes later. ;-)
> We should have realized when I got all freaked out and incoherent and
> crazy that I was in transition, but I was too far gone to think,
> myself.
>
> She's gorgeous!
>
> --
> Vicki. Married DH May, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/99;
> Chatty, born 5/02, and Sleepy, born 9/8/04 2004.

Cheryl
September 9th 04, 08:07 AM
On 8 Sep 2004 19:21:37 -0700, (Vicki S) wrote:

>>> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
>> Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
>WRONG!
>
>I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
>I have not finalized her middle names yet.)

Congratulations! But where's the Z in her name? *lol*

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)

Vicky Bilaniuk
September 9th 04, 09:11 AM
Vicki S wrote:

> She's gorgeous!

I'll bet she is! Congrats!

Leslie
September 9th 04, 12:45 PM
Oh, congratulations! What a great birth story.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Sophie
September 9th 04, 02:00 PM
"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)

Yay! Congrats!!

> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!
>
> The short version of the birth story:
> My midwife stripped my membranes for the fourth time (oy) the
> afternoon of the 7th. I took black and blue cohosh. Labor started
> (again) at around 3:30 or 4pm. Hubby came home and the midwives came
> over. A friend came over to watch the two older kids.
> Labor was not that hard to deal with, but I wasn't (as it turned out)
> dilating. The kids went to bed. Hours passed. I went upstairs to
> try to rest and our friend went home. I spent a couple of hours
> zoning out between contractions and listening to DH snore. During
> contractions I would dream of an epidural and a c-section. :)
> Suddenly my water broke, I was in excrutiating pain, I wanted to take
> a shower and I was miserable beyond imagining. I got in the shower
> and a few moments later started to push. After a few very intense
> moments, she was born. I got to cut her cord myself and check her
> parts. I was surprised enough to discover that she was a girl that I
> rechecked again a few minutes later. ;-)
> We should have realized when I got all freaked out and incoherent and
> crazy that I was in transition, but I was too far gone to think,
> myself.
>
> She's gorgeous!
>
> --
> Vicki. Married DH May, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/99;
> Chatty, born 5/02, and Sleepy, born 9/8/04 2004.

Bryna729
September 9th 04, 02:13 PM
Mazel tov, Vicki!

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, 3
& Temima, 1

Mary W.
September 9th 04, 02:48 PM
Vicki S wrote:
>>>Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
>>
>>Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>

> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!

Congrats! Welcome little Lilah (lovely name)!

Mary

Tina
September 9th 04, 02:52 PM
Congratulations! Have fun!

Tina.

Bóliath
September 9th 04, 03:06 PM
Vicki S wrote:

> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)

Congratulations!

Welcome to the world baby Lilah.

Shelley
September 9th 04, 03:07 PM
Big congratulations. Lilah is a beautiful name.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (2.5)
edd mar 30/05

(Vicki S) wrote in message >...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!
>
> The short version of the birth story:
> My midwife stripped my membranes for the fourth time (oy) the
> afternoon of the 7th. I took black and blue cohosh. Labor started
> (again) at around 3:30 or 4pm. Hubby came home and the midwives came
> over. A friend came over to watch the two older kids.
> Labor was not that hard to deal with, but I wasn't (as it turned out)
> dilating. The kids went to bed. Hours passed. I went upstairs to
> try to rest and our friend went home. I spent a couple of hours
> zoning out between contractions and listening to DH snore. During
> contractions I would dream of an epidural and a c-section. :)
> Suddenly my water broke, I was in excrutiating pain, I wanted to take
> a shower and I was miserable beyond imagining. I got in the shower
> and a few moments later started to push. After a few very intense
> moments, she was born. I got to cut her cord myself and check her
> parts. I was surprised enough to discover that she was a girl that I
> rechecked again a few minutes later. ;-)
> We should have realized when I got all freaked out and incoherent and
> crazy that I was in transition, but I was too far gone to think,
> myself.
>
> She's gorgeous!

Circe
September 9th 04, 05:12 PM
Vicki S wrote:
>>> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
>> Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!

Heh, just goes to prove that nobody's perfect!

> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH
> and I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04),

Congratulations, Vicki. I love the name Lilah, BTW; it's gorgeous (though it
doesn't fit your Z and R pattern, does it?). Sounds like your birth went a
bit like my second--lots of contractions not doing much for quite a while
and then all of a sudden, the floodgates opened up!

Anyway, enjoy your new arrival and love to all of you.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

This week's suggested Bush/Cheney campaign bumper sticker:
"Don't think. Vote Bush!"

laurie
September 9th 04, 06:56 PM
Congrats and welcome to Lilah!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 3 years
Christopher, 15.5 months

Joybelle
September 9th 04, 07:21 PM
"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!

Vicki,
Congratulations on Lilah! I can't wait to see what her middle names are.
Lilah is such a pretty name.

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Irene
September 9th 04, 10:20 PM
Mazel tov! Welcome, little Lilah!

Irene

A&G&K&H
September 10th 04, 03:04 AM
"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!

Congratulations and welcome to Lilah.
What a wonderful birth story, and what a healthy soul she must be with
APGARS of 10 and 10.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Nancy P.
September 10th 04, 03:41 AM
"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)

Congratulations Vicki and family, and welcome little Lila. It sounds like
it was a wonderful birth experience.

Nancy

Unadulterated Me
September 11th 04, 01:32 AM
Vicki S wrote:

> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!

Congratulations, welcome earthside baby Lilah :-)

Andrea

fading away
September 15th 04, 09:35 PM
(Vicki S) wrote in message >...
> >> Oohhh tough one since you have one of each. I'll say another boy.
> > Really! That's what my hunch is! I guess that settles it. :-)
>
> WRONG!
>
> I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
> I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
> She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even,
> 19.5 inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!
>
> The short version of the birth story:
> My midwife stripped my membranes for the fourth time (oy) the
> afternoon of the 7th. I took black and blue cohosh. Labor started
> (again) at around 3:30 or 4pm. Hubby came home and the midwives came
> over. A friend came over to watch the two older kids.
> Labor was not that hard to deal with, but I wasn't (as it turned out)
> dilating. The kids went to bed. Hours passed. I went upstairs to
> try to rest and our friend went home. I spent a couple of hours
> zoning out between contractions and listening to DH snore. During
> contractions I would dream of an epidural and a c-section. :)
> Suddenly my water broke, I was in excrutiating pain, I wanted to take
> a shower and I was miserable beyond imagining. I got in the shower
> and a few moments later started to push. After a few very intense
> moments, she was born. I got to cut her cord myself and check her
> parts. I was surprised enough to discover that she was a girl that I
> rechecked again a few minutes later. ;-)
> We should have realized when I got all freaked out and incoherent and
> crazy that I was in transition, but I was too far gone to think,
> myself.
>
> She's gorgeous!

Congratulations! What an amazing birth story! I love that you
checked again to make sure she really was a girl.

-- Mav

Vicki S
September 20th 04, 12:26 AM
Cheryl > wrote in message news:
> Congratulations! But where's the Z in her name? *lol*

i know!! i tried really, really hard to come up with another "z"
name. for a boy it was easy. i would have named a son Eliezer.
that's what i would have named my first daughter if i'd had a boy!
but for a second daughter, i was at a loss. there were decent names,
nice enough names, but nothing that felt really special. i narrowed
it down to:
Aziza
Eliezra
Elizra
Kazia
Kezia
Liraz
Mazhira
one evening hubby asked (out of the blue) what names i was thinking of
and instead of taking the time to pull up the list i had on my
computer, i admitted that i'd become quite taken with Lilah as a name.
to my delight (and my chagrin), he loved it and wanted to settle on
it right then and there. i didn't exactly jump for joy at that
moment, but i do just love the name, and i was able to insist on a
middle name with a z. she ended up with 2 middle names, actually.
her name is:
Lilah Mazalit Chasidah S----
and i think hubby and i are both very happy about it. :)

--
Vicki. Married DH May, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/99;
Chatty, born 5/02, and Sleepy, born 9/8/04.

Cheryl
September 20th 04, 04:25 AM
On 19 Sep 2004 16:26:21 -0700, (Vicki S) wrote:

>Cheryl > wrote in message news:
>> Congratulations! But where's the Z in her name? *lol*
>
>i know!! i tried really, really hard to come up with another "z"
>name. for a boy it was easy. i would have named a son Eliezer.
>that's what i would have named my first daughter if i'd had a boy!
>but for a second daughter, i was at a loss. there were decent names,
>nice enough names, but nothing that felt really special. i narrowed
>it down to:
>Aziza
>Eliezra
>Elizra
>Kazia
>Kezia
>Liraz
>Mazhira
>one evening hubby asked (out of the blue) what names i was thinking of
>and instead of taking the time to pull up the list i had on my
>computer, i admitted that i'd become quite taken with Lilah as a name.
> to my delight (and my chagrin), he loved it and wanted to settle on
>it right then and there. i didn't exactly jump for joy at that
>moment, but i do just love the name, and i was able to insist on a
>middle name with a z. she ended up with 2 middle names, actually.
>her name is:
>Lilah Mazalit Chasidah S----
>and i think hubby and i are both very happy about it. :)

I had thought you might have put the Z in her middle name. Whichever
way around as long as you are both very happy with her name that's all
that matters.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)
Mischief (30 Jul 02)
+ someone new due Feb 05

Joybelle
September 20th 04, 04:22 PM
"Vicki S" > wrote in message
om...
> one evening hubby asked (out of the blue) what names i was thinking of
> and instead of taking the time to pull up the list i had on my
> computer, i admitted that i'd become quite taken with Lilah as a name.
> to my delight (and my chagrin), he loved it and wanted to settle on
> it right then and there. i didn't exactly jump for joy at that
> moment, but i do just love the name, and i was able to insist on a
> middle name with a z. she ended up with 2 middle names, actually.
> her name is:
> Lilah Mazalit Chasidah S----
> and i think hubby and i are both very happy about it. :)

Well, it certainly is beautiful! I have similar naming "issues" like you,
but I think if I have a fourth I won't be able to follow my rules either! :)

My three all have an R and an S in their names. Quite unintenionally, but
there, nonetheless! But both my daughters are flower names, and the two
flower names I adore (Lily and Violet) do not contain those consonants. I
could go with Aster or Chrysanthemum, but I don't think so. I'm just not in
love with those names as of yet. As for boy names, there is one name I do
like but am not positive I would use and that is Asher. Sigh... all these
rules make things so difficult. :)

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Sarah Vaughan
September 26th 04, 12:25 PM
In message >, Vicki S
> writes
>I am thrilled to announce the birth of my new daughter Lilah. (DH and
>I have not finalized her middle names yet.)
>
>She was born at home last night at 1:12am (9/8/04), 8 pounds even, 19.5
>inches long, APGARs of 10 and 10!
>
>The short version of the birth story:
>My midwife stripped my membranes for the fourth time (oy) the afternoon
>of the 7th. I took black and blue cohosh. Labor started (again) at
>around 3:30 or 4pm. Hubby came home and the midwives came over. A
>friend came over to watch the two older kids. Labor was not that hard
>to deal with, but I wasn't (as it turned out) dilating. The kids went
>to bed. Hours passed. I went upstairs to try to rest and our friend
>went home. I spent a couple of hours zoning out between contractions
>and listening to DH snore. During contractions I would dream of an
>epidural and a c-section. :) Suddenly my water broke, I was in
>excrutiating pain, I wanted to take a shower and I was miserable beyond
>imagining. I got in the shower and a few moments later started to
>push. After a few very intense moments, she was born. I got to cut
>her cord myself and check her parts. I was surprised enough to
>discover that she was a girl that I rechecked again a few minutes
>later. ;-) We should have realized when I got all freaked out and
>incoherent and crazy that I was in transition, but I was too far gone
>to think, myself.
>
>She's gorgeous!

Congratulations - what great news! But I'm sort of confused - did you
have time to get out of the shower first, or what?

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley

Vicki S
September 29th 04, 12:30 AM
Sarah Vaughan > wrote:
> Congratulations - what great news! But I'm sort of confused - did you
> have time to get out of the shower first, or what?

Nope. I was on my hands and knees in the bathtub when she was born.
Someone had turned the water off by then, though. Poor hubby couldn't
even fit in the room with me and the 2 midwives. My primary midwife
estimates the time from my water breaking to her birth was about 6
minutes, total. :-)

--
Vicki. Married DH May, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/99;
Chatty, born 5/02, and Sleepy, born 9/8/04.

Sarah Vaughan
October 3rd 04, 04:08 PM
In message >, Vicki S
> writes
>Sarah Vaughan > wrote:
>> Congratulations - what great news! But I'm sort of confused - did you
>> have time to get out of the shower first, or what?
>
>Nope. I was on my hands and knees in the bathtub when she was born.
>Someone had turned the water off by then, though.

Ah, it was a bathtub - I'd been picturing a shower stall, which really
would be an awkward place to give birth. Good that it went quickly at
the end, though!

All the best,

Sarah