PDA

View Full Version : Early show

Helen
September 12th 04, 06:42 PM
I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has this
happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated and
full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit of
bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!

Any advice?
Helen

Kazh
September 12th 04, 06:47 PM
I thought it was my imagination but mine is the same. Hard and swollen =
just under my breasts.

Weird.

"Helen" > wrote in message =
I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has =
this
happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated =
and
full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit =
of
bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!

Any advice?
Helen

Christina
September 13th 04, 12:28 AM
"Helen" wrote

> Any advice?

Um, start getting out the comfy pants? : )

I had the same epiphany the other day when I couldn't get my
jeans done up. Thank goodness it's still pretty warm here
(southern Ontario), so I can still wear my shorts!

Christina
mom to DS, 2.75 yrs
and Version 2.0, edd late April 05

Unadulterated Me
September 13th 04, 12:29 AM
Helen wrote:

> I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has this
> happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated and
> full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit of
> bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
> mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!
>
> Any advice?
> Helen

Umm buy stretchy pants?

I get like this too, but I'm on my 11th pregnancy, so I tend to look 5
months pregnant the minute the test turns positive.

I'm 8 weeks and my uterus has just become palpable above the pubic bone
so I'm a little relieved that the state of my belly isn't all swollen
intestines and gas lol

This was my just before I became pregnant
http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/64660280.jpg

and this is my belly at 8 weeks
http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/66236237.jpg

I do this though, swell early, then by 20 weeks I level out and grow
normally.

Andrea

Rebecca McGraw
September 13th 04, 01:27 AM
Andrea,
How in the blue-eyed world do you stay so slim with 10 pregnancies under
your belt, so to speak? If you have any secret figure-regaining tips,
I'd love to hear them! I still have 2.5 months to go in my pregnancy,
but I really miss my waistline, despite getting a baby out of the deal.
I'm looking forward to looking more like what I'm used to again. (don't
get me wrong, it will have been worth it for the baby, but still...I
don't feel like myself, you know?)

-Rebecca

Unadulterated Me wrote:

> This was my just before I became pregnant
> http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/64660280.jpg

CY
September 13th 04, 01:30 AM
Wow - that's a cool comparison!
"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Helen wrote:
>
> > I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has
this
> > happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated
and
> > full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit
of
> > bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
> > mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!
> >
> > Any advice?
> > Helen
> >

> Umm buy stretchy pants?
>
> I get like this too, but I'm on my 11th pregnancy, so I tend to look 5
> months pregnant the minute the test turns positive.
>
> I'm 8 weeks and my uterus has just become palpable above the pubic bone
> so I'm a little relieved that the state of my belly isn't all swollen
> intestines and gas lol
>
> This was my just before I became pregnant
> http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/64660280.jpg
>
> and this is my belly at 8 weeks
> http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/66236237.jpg
>
> I do this though, swell early, then by 20 weeks I level out and grow
> normally.
>
> Andrea

Leslie
September 13th 04, 03:09 AM
Helen,

I was showing to the point where I was obviously pregnant at two months this
time. I did not show obviously until around four months with my first baby
but with each subsequent one it has gotten earlier.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Mamma Mia
September 13th 04, 05:10 AM
wow. that is amazing! also amazing that pg #11 and you have such a flat
tum to begin with. Did you pop out double with the twins?

christine

"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Helen wrote:
>
>> I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has
>> this
>> happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated
>> and
>> full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit
>> of
>> bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
>> mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!
>>
>> Any advice?
>> Helen
>>

> Umm buy stretchy pants?
>
> I get like this too, but I'm on my 11th pregnancy, so I tend to look 5
> months pregnant the minute the test turns positive.
>
> I'm 8 weeks and my uterus has just become palpable above the pubic bone so
> I'm a little relieved that the state of my belly isn't all swollen
> intestines and gas lol
>
> This was my just before I became pregnant
> http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/64660280.jpg
>
> and this is my belly at 8 weeks
> http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/66236237.jpg
>
> I do this though, swell early, then by 20 weeks I level out and grow
> normally.
>
> Andrea

Mamma Mia
September 13th 04, 05:11 AM
"Helen" > wrote in message
> I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has
> this
> happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated and
> full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit
> of
> bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
> mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!
>
> Any advice?
> Helen

i have the same prob at 9 weeks - i think my digestive system is so slowed
down that i am bloated. The baby is only as big as a bean, but my tum is
biggeer. it was not remotely flat to begin with, but it is worse.

i get REALLY starving, then after eating not much am i FULL. not like me at
all!

christien

Unadulterated Me
September 13th 04, 05:37 AM
Rebecca McGraw wrote:
> Andrea,
> How in the blue-eyed world do you stay so slim with 10 pregnancies under
> your belt, so to speak? If you have any secret figure-regaining tips,
> I'd love to hear them!

Same secret that prevents me from getting stretch marks...genetics lol
Thanks for the compliment though :-)

I still have 2.5 months to go in my pregnancy,
> but I really miss my waistline, despite getting a baby out of the deal.
> I'm looking forward to looking more like what I'm used to again. (don't
> get me wrong, it will have been worth it for the baby, but still...I
> don't feel like myself, you know?)

I always feel like that when I'm pregnant, then once I'm slim again all
want to do is get pregnant and have a belly...grass is always greener
and all that ;-)

Andrea

Unadulterated Me
September 13th 04, 05:42 AM
Mamma Mia wrote:

> wow. that is amazing! also amazing that pg #11 and you have such a flat
> tum to begin with. Did you pop out double with the twins?

No I was pretty much the same, I didn't really become any bigger with
them until after 20 weeks.
I didn't pop out this early until about baby #7, I think my abdominals
reached the 'I'm buggered' stage then. Although I have a pretty flat
tummy pre pregnancy it's largely due to the fact I don't hold fat there,
my actual abdominals themselves are pretty lax and with the pregnancy
hormones it all goes south very quickly lol

Andrea

Jamie Clark
September 13th 04, 07:36 AM
Andrea,
Can I just say that I hate you and your
tiny-little-I've-had-11-children-thin-belly-and-teensy-waist? Even your 8
weeks picture looks good to me! No wonder why you're currently pg with
number 12! DANG!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Helen wrote:
>
>> I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has
>> this
>> happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated
>> and
>> full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit
>> of
>> bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
>> mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!
>>
>> Any advice?
>> Helen
>>

> Umm buy stretchy pants?
>
> I get like this too, but I'm on my 11th pregnancy, so I tend to look 5
> months pregnant the minute the test turns positive.
>
> I'm 8 weeks and my uterus has just become palpable above the pubic bone so
> I'm a little relieved that the state of my belly isn't all swollen
> intestines and gas lol
>
> This was my just before I became pregnant
> http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/64660280.jpg
>
> and this is my belly at 8 weeks
> http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL11/513230/5076630/66236237.jpg
>
> I do this though, swell early, then by 20 weeks I level out and grow
> normally.
>
> Andrea

Kazh
September 13th 04, 09:37 AM
11 PG and STILL slim..............I officially hate you <BG> I'm 16 =
years on since my last PG and STILL have the excess weight !!!

Do you have pictures uploaded of you precious kids ?

Rebecca McGraw wrote:
> Andrea,
> How in the blue-eyed world do you stay so slim with 10 pregnancies =
under=20
> your belt, so to speak? If you have any secret figure-regaining tips,=20
> I'd love to hear them!=20

Same secret that prevents me from getting stretch marks...genetics lol
Thanks for the compliment though :-)

I still have 2.5 months to go in my pregnancy,
> but I really miss my waistline, despite getting a baby out of the =
deal.=20
> I'm looking forward to looking more like what I'm used to again. =
(don't=20
> get me wrong, it will have been worth it for the baby, but still...I=20
> don't feel like myself, you know?)

I always feel like that when I'm pregnant, then once I'm slim again all=20
want to do is get pregnant and have a belly...grass is always greener=20
and all that ;-)

Andrea

Jenrose
September 13th 04, 09:55 AM
"Helen" > wrote in message
> I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has
> this
> happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated and
> full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit
> of
> bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
> mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!

I did that. I still look 4 months pregnant at 15 weeks. It's like things got
shoved up and out of the way, but once they did that , there's not a whole
lot more obvious stuff going on from the outside.

Jenrose

Jenrose
September 13th 04, 10:30 AM
"Christina" > wrote in message
> "Helen" wrote
>
>> Any advice?
>

> Um, start getting out the comfy pants? : )

I got a huge package of maternity clothes at 7 weeks and then again at oh,
10 or 11 weeks from my cousin. As soon as I had anything like enough clothes
to get me through, I just resigned myself and purged my wardrobe of anything
that wouldn't be comfy. It's all in a closet in the guest bedroom now...
Interesting... at 7 and 8 weeks I could NOT tolerate waistbands or snugness
of any kind. Now, at 15 weeks, waistbands don't bother me anywhere near as
much. They actually made me queasy before.

Jenrose

Unadulterated Me
September 13th 04, 11:56 AM
Kazh wrote:
> 11 PG and STILL slim..............I officially hate you <BG> I'm 16 years on since my last PG and STILL have the excess weight !!!

/feeling the guilt
lol sorry what can I say, I have my skinny mother to thank

> Do you have pictures uploaded of you precious kids ?

I do, there are some at www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family

Andrea

Unadulterated Me
September 13th 04, 11:59 AM
Jamie Clark wrote:

> Andrea,
> Can I just say that I hate you and your
> tiny-little-I've-had-11-children-thin-belly-and-teensy-waist?

Well to be fair it's not so iddy biddy after I've had the babies, it
takes a good year and a bit of work to get back to normal again.

> Even your 8
> weeks picture looks good to me! No wonder why you're currently pg with
> number 12! DANG!

lol

Andrea

Kazh
September 13th 04, 01:15 PM
"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message =

I do, there are some at www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family

Andrea
-------------

What a lovely family and WOW what a place to live, it looks fantastic..

miss mandy
September 13th 04, 02:16 PM
I was exactly the same way at 6-7 weeks. In fact, that's what
convinced me to buy a pregnancy test. None of my clothes fit. I felt
like I had to burp all the time. If I ate more than a few bites, I
felt ready to explode. By about week 9-10, I was back down to normal.
About week 16ish, a pregnancy bump started.

You are not alone!
Mandy

"Helen" > wrote in message >...
> I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has this
> happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated and
> full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit of
> bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
> mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!
>
> Any advice?
> Helen

Vicky Bilaniuk
September 13th 04, 04:00 PM
Unadulterated Me wrote:

> Kazh wrote:
>
>> 11 PG and STILL slim..............I officially hate you <BG> I'm 16
>> years on since my last PG and STILL have the excess weight !!!
>

> /feeling the guilt
> lol sorry what can I say, I have my skinny mother to thank
>

>> Do you have pictures uploaded of you precious kids ?
>>

> I do, there are some at www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family
>
> Andrea

I've been trying to access this and the server is not responding. :-(

Vicky Bilaniuk
September 13th 04, 05:20 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

> Unadulterated Me wrote:
>
>> Kazh wrote:
>>
>>> 11 PG and STILL slim..............I officially hate you <BG> I'm 16
>>> years on since my last PG and STILL have the excess weight !!!
>>

>> /feeling the guilt
>> lol sorry what can I say, I have my skinny mother to thank
>>

>>> Do you have pictures uploaded of you precious kids ?
>>>

>> I do, there are some at www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family
>>
>> Andrea
>

> I've been trying to access this and the server is not responding. :-(

Yay it worked! I love the pics!

Amy
September 13th 04, 09:02 PM
I miss my belly too! A couple of weeks ago I went to balance my cup of
coffee in the usual spot - would have been DD's breech head lol - only my
belly of course wasn't there, and I spilt hot coffee down my front. Two
months without it and you'd think I'd have got used to its absence.

"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message

> I always feel like that when I'm pregnant, then once I'm slim again all
> want to do is get pregnant and have a belly...grass is always greener
> and all that ;-)
>
> Andrea

Beach mum
September 13th 04, 09:18 PM
At about 6-7 weeks, my clothes were already too tight. A few weeks ago (I'm
at 15 weeks now) I gave up and started only wearing maternity clothes...and
I'm huge already!

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

"Helen" > wrote in message
> I'm 6 weeks and 2 days into my 2nd pregnancy. Already, I look huge! Has
> this
> happened anyone else on a 2nd or more pregnancy? I feel really bloated and
> full - like I've just had a huge meal all the time, but instead of a bit
> of
> bloating/swelling in my lower abdomen - I'm swelling in my upper abdomen
> mostly and I actually look 4 months pregnant!
>
> Any advice?
> Helen

Unadulterated Me
September 14th 04, 02:03 AM
Kazh wrote:

> "Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message ...
>

> I do, there are some at www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family
>
> Andrea
> -------------
>
> What a lovely family and WOW what a place to live, it looks fantastic..

Thank you, it is a lovely place to live in...when it's not being flooded
and shaken apart my earthquakes :-)

Andrea

Unadulterated Me
September 14th 04, 02:03 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

> Yay it worked! I love the pics!

Thanks you :-)

Andrea

Kelly
September 14th 04, 06:15 AM
Great pics. Seeing 11 kiddos in pictures looks so much more, er, practical
than hearing it. What neat pictures of your family and your surroundings.
I've been to Wellington (in NZ. that is) twice. Thanks for sharing :)

Kelly
#4 2/05

"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Kazh wrote:
> > 11 PG and STILL slim..............I officially hate you <BG> I'm 16
years on since my last PG and STILL have the excess weight !!!

> /feeling the guilt
> lol sorry what can I say, I have my skinny mother to thank
>

> > Do you have pictures uploaded of you precious kids ?
> >

> I do, there are some at www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family
>
> Andrea

Unadulterated Me
September 14th 04, 09:20 AM
Kelly wrote:

> Great pics. Seeing 11 kiddos in pictures looks so much more, er, practical
> than hearing it.

Yeah it is, when people visit they often say where are they all, because
in reality it's not that many, it just sounds a lot.

> What neat pictures of your family and your surroundings.

I love where we live, we're very lucky we have so much land, I can't
imagine raising our these kids in a city.

> I've been to Wellington (in NZ. that is) twice. Thanks for sharing :)

Well next time you come you have to visit :-)

Andrea

Kazh
September 14th 04, 11:50 AM
Kazh wrote:

Thank you, it is a lovely place to live in...when it's not being flooded =

and shaken apart my earthquakes :-)

Andrea
-------------
It looks lie a great place to raise a family, plenty of room to run and =
play, hide, build tree houses...............we live in the city with a =
garden front and back, but I'd love to be able to have enough space for =
the children to ''lose themselves'' and have fun.

Kelly
September 15th 04, 05:42 AM
Well, I still think 11 is a lot for me, but I know what you mean!

Brian and I would like to move to NZ-we thought about spending a trial year
next year, but we'd probably not come back! I want to do Ironman New
Zealand in a few years and it would be much easier to already live there.
Heehe.

Kelly

"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Kelly wrote:
>
> > Great pics. Seeing 11 kiddos in pictures looks so much more, er,
practical
> > than hearing it.
>
> Yeah it is, when people visit they often say where are they all, because
> in reality it's not that many, it just sounds a lot.
>
> > What neat pictures of your family and your surroundings.
>
> I love where we live, we're very lucky we have so much land, I can't
> imagine raising our these kids in a city.
>
> > I've been to Wellington (in NZ. that is) twice. Thanks for sharing :)
> >

> Well next time you come you have to visit :-)
>
> Andrea

Joybelle
September 15th 04, 04:09 PM

> > I do, there are some at www.picturetrail.com/andreas_family
> >
> > Andrea

Andrea,
What a beautiful family you have! They are all so positively gorgeous. As
are you. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01