PDA

View Full Version : NFP, breastfeeding and charting

CY
September 15th 04, 07:05 AM
I have TCOYF but it doesn't seem to address the problem I am seeing on my
chart this month so I am hoping to get some opinions from those of you who
know better!

When I was TTC DD#1 I charted for 1.5 months and got pregnant the first time
I knew what I was doing.

This time around I am still nursing my DD (2.5 yo) and she still nurses
sometimes in the night. Generally I don't wake all the way up, just enough
to latch her on and fall back asleep. I never notice the time (I prefer not
to look!) and couldn't even tell you in the morning how many times she woke
up (or even *if* she did).

My temps are all over the place. (I'm only on day 5 but already I can see a
problem here). I don't wake up at the same time every morning and I have
zero idea if I'd had 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Instinctively when DD
wakes up I talk to her to comfort her and I can't seem to stop myself doing
that. I'm doing the chart of Fertility Friend but I just don't think this is
gonna work for me. Do you?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I manually adjust the temps by the
two tenths per hour or is that a no-no? Does it matter that much if I speak
before I take my temp or if I haven't had 3 hours of sleep? The other day I
woke up around 6ish, stuck the thermometer in my mouth and then woke up
again when it plopped on my chest!! So I took it again but I don't think
that one will count will it? Should I just do O sticks and be done with
it???? Rely on CM only?

Not sure what to do here!!

TIA

CY

Mamma Mia
September 15th 04, 12:24 PM
"CY" > wrote in message
>I have TCOYF but it doesn't seem to address the problem I am seeing on my
> chart this month so I am hoping to get some opinions from those of you who
> know better!
>
> When I was TTC DD#1 I charted for 1.5 months and got pregnant the first
> time
> I knew what I was doing.
>
> This time around I am still nursing my DD (2.5 yo) and she still nurses
> sometimes in the night. Generally I don't wake all the way up, just
> enough
> to latch her on and fall back asleep. I never notice the time (I prefer
> not
> to look!) and couldn't even tell you in the morning how many times she
> woke
> up (or even *if* she did).
>
> My temps are all over the place. (I'm only on day 5 but already I can see
> problem here). I don't wake up at the same time every morning and I have
> zero idea if I'd had 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Instinctively when DD
> wakes up I talk to her to comfort her and I can't seem to stop myself
> doing
> that. I'm doing the chart of Fertility Friend but I just don't think this
> is
> gonna work for me. Do you?
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I manually adjust the temps by
> the
> two tenths per hour or is that a no-no? Does it matter that much if I
> speak
> before I take my temp or if I haven't had 3 hours of sleep? The other day
> woke up around 6ish, stuck the thermometer in my mouth and then woke up
> again when it plopped on my chest!! So I took it again but I don't think
> that one will count will it? Should I just do O sticks and be done with
> it???? Rely on CM only?
>
> Not sure what to do here!!
>
> TIA
>
> CY

this might sound stupid, but if you conceived so quickly with 1, why do you
need to do all the temps stuff? why not just try at the approx time of the
month? or are you a control freak like me!!! :)

good luck with it in any case

christine

Welches
September 15th 04, 04:10 PM
CY > wrote in message
> I have TCOYF but it doesn't seem to address the problem I am seeing on my
> chart this month so I am hoping to get some opinions from those of you who
> know better!
>
> When I was TTC DD#1 I charted for 1.5 months and got pregnant the first
time
> I knew what I was doing.
>
> This time around I am still nursing my DD (2.5 yo) and she still nurses
> sometimes in the night. Generally I don't wake all the way up, just
enough
> to latch her on and fall back asleep. I never notice the time (I prefer
not
> to look!) and couldn't even tell you in the morning how many times she
woke
> up (or even *if* she did).
>
> My temps are all over the place. (I'm only on day 5 but already I can see
> problem here). I don't wake up at the same time every morning and I have
> zero idea if I'd had 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Instinctively when DD
> wakes up I talk to her to comfort her and I can't seem to stop myself
doing
> that. I'm doing the chart of Fertility Friend but I just don't think this
is
> gonna work for me. Do you?
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I manually adjust the temps by
the
> two tenths per hour or is that a no-no? Does it matter that much if I
speak
> before I take my temp or if I haven't had 3 hours of sleep? The other day
> woke up around 6ish, stuck the thermometer in my mouth and then woke up
> again when it plopped on my chest!! So I took it again but I don't think
> that one will count will it? Should I just do O sticks and be done with
> it???? Rely on CM only?

If it's any help:
#1 I charted 1 month and got pregnant right away.
With ttc#2 I was bfing #1 2x a day. I charted for 8 months getting a
definite rise, but a bit up-and-down throughout. For the next month I cut
down to bfing once a day and I had a perfect chart: straight line, rise,
straight line-and got pregnant that month.
It is nice bfing though!
Debbie

CY
September 15th 04, 04:43 PM
LOL - Yeah I sometimes wonder that myself - we are trying for a boy though,
so I need to know when my O is.
"Mamma Mia" > wrote in message
u...

> "CY" > wrote in message
> >I have TCOYF but it doesn't seem to address the problem I am seeing on my
> > chart this month so I am hoping to get some opinions from those of you
who
> > know better!
> >
> > When I was TTC DD#1 I charted for 1.5 months and got pregnant the first
> > time
> > I knew what I was doing.
> >
> > This time around I am still nursing my DD (2.5 yo) and she still nurses
> > sometimes in the night. Generally I don't wake all the way up, just
> > enough
> > to latch her on and fall back asleep. I never notice the time (I prefer
> > not
> > to look!) and couldn't even tell you in the morning how many times she
> > woke
> > up (or even *if* she did).
> >
> > My temps are all over the place. (I'm only on day 5 but already I can
see
> > problem here). I don't wake up at the same time every morning and I
have
> > zero idea if I'd had 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Instinctively when
DD
> > wakes up I talk to her to comfort her and I can't seem to stop myself
> > doing
> > that. I'm doing the chart of Fertility Friend but I just don't think
this
> > is
> > gonna work for me. Do you?
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I manually adjust the temps by
> > the
> > two tenths per hour or is that a no-no? Does it matter that much if I
> > speak
> > before I take my temp or if I haven't had 3 hours of sleep? The other
day
> > woke up around 6ish, stuck the thermometer in my mouth and then woke up
> > again when it plopped on my chest!! So I took it again but I don't
think
> > that one will count will it? Should I just do O sticks and be done with
> > it???? Rely on CM only?
> >
> > Not sure what to do here!!
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > CY
> >

> this might sound stupid, but if you conceived so quickly with 1, why do
you
> need to do all the temps stuff? why not just try at the approx time of
the
> month? or are you a control freak like me!!! :)
>
> good luck with it in any case
>
> christine

CY
September 15th 04, 04:50 PM
Not planning on weaning or cutting down to get pg - hope to tandem, though I
have a feeling once my supply drops she'll lose interest. So you think the
up and downing is due to the nursing rather than the irregular wake times?
"Welches" > wrote in message

> CY > wrote in message
> > I have TCOYF but it doesn't seem to address the problem I am seeing on
my
> > chart this month so I am hoping to get some opinions from those of you
who
> > know better!
> >
> > When I was TTC DD#1 I charted for 1.5 months and got pregnant the first
> time
> > I knew what I was doing.
> >
> > This time around I am still nursing my DD (2.5 yo) and she still nurses
> > sometimes in the night. Generally I don't wake all the way up, just
> enough
> > to latch her on and fall back asleep. I never notice the time (I prefer
> not
> > to look!) and couldn't even tell you in the morning how many times she
> woke
> > up (or even *if* she did).
> >
> > My temps are all over the place. (I'm only on day 5 but already I can
see
> > problem here). I don't wake up at the same time every morning and I
have
> > zero idea if I'd had 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Instinctively when
DD
> > wakes up I talk to her to comfort her and I can't seem to stop myself
> doing
> > that. I'm doing the chart of Fertility Friend but I just don't think
this
> is
> > gonna work for me. Do you?
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I manually adjust the temps by
> the
> > two tenths per hour or is that a no-no? Does it matter that much if I
> speak
> > before I take my temp or if I haven't had 3 hours of sleep? The other
day
> > woke up around 6ish, stuck the thermometer in my mouth and then woke up
> > again when it plopped on my chest!! So I took it again but I don't
think
> > that one will count will it? Should I just do O sticks and be done with
> > it???? Rely on CM only?
> >
> If it's any help:
> #1 I charted 1 month and got pregnant right away.
> With ttc#2 I was bfing #1 2x a day. I charted for 8 months getting a
> definite rise, but a bit up-and-down throughout. For the next month I cut
> down to bfing once a day and I had a perfect chart: straight line, rise,
> straight line-and got pregnant that month.
> It is nice bfing though!
> Debbie

Welches
September 15th 04, 04:57 PM
CY > wrote in message
> Not planning on weaning or cutting down to get pg - hope to tandem, though
> have a feeling once my supply drops she'll lose interest. So you think
the
> up and downing is due to the nursing rather than the irregular wake times?
Just possible. #1 didn't lose interest, even though a couple of times she
remarked that there wasn't any milk. After #2 was born she had a phase of
wanting to nurse when #2 was nursing. She'll still ask, but I usually
distract unless she's ill or hurt or something.
Debbie

Larry McMahan
September 16th 04, 12:34 AM
CY > writes:
: Not planning on weaning or cutting down to get pg - hope to tandem, though I
: have a feeling once my supply drops she'll lose interest. So you think the
: up and downing is due to the nursing rather than the irregular wake times?

I think it is the irregular amount of sleep before taking temps that
results from nursing. I say go with the flow and make your best guess.
Monika can always tell her O day from CM alone, it is so dramatic.

Larry

CY
September 16th 04, 12:43 AM
Thanks! So, IYNSHO, I should BD on the first and second days of EW CM?
"Larry McMahan" > wrote in message
> CY > writes:
> : Not planning on weaning or cutting down to get pg - hope to tandem,
though I
> : have a feeling once my supply drops she'll lose interest. So you think
the
> : up and downing is due to the nursing rather than the irregular wake
times?

> I think it is the irregular amount of sleep before taking temps that
> results from nursing. I say go with the flow and make your best guess.
> Monika can always tell her O day from CM alone, it is so dramatic.
>
> Larry

Cathy
September 16th 04, 02:15 AM
CY wrote:
> Rely on CM only?
>
> Not sure what to do here!!

Thats what we did. I didn't even know I was ovualting, really - DD was still
nursing at 14 months and I had had no period. I kept on eye on CM, and
thought things were looking different - and voila - they were!

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04