PDA

View Full Version : and so it begins...

Vicky Bilaniuk
September 15th 04, 06:15 PM
Someone called my boy a girl today. It didn't bother me - made me
laugh, actually, because I understand perfectly how hard it is to tell
(especially when you've got the kid almost naked because it's hot and
steamy out). She felt really badly.

BTW, I think I just managed to survive our first growth spurt. Max had
been majorly hungry for a few days in a row, and a little fussier than
normal (well, "normal" being based on having had him around for only 2
weeks!). Today, he seems to want to just laze around and spend lots of
time sleeping. This is good for mommy, who is about to go and nap with
him. ;-)

shixa
September 15th 04, 07:44 PM
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:15:19 -0400, Vicky Bilaniuk
> wrote:

>Someone called my boy a girl today. It didn't bother me - made me
>laugh, actually, because I understand perfectly how hard it is to tell
>(especially when you've got the kid almost naked because it's hot and
>steamy out). She felt really badly.

Everyone calls Victor a girl, even all dressed in blue -- it bothers
my husband more than it does me. I think it happens because he's
pretty enough to be a little girl.

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com <--See him here!

Angela Schepers
September 15th 04, 08:06 PM
I've had the same thing happen, though not much though because Quinn
does look so much more like a boy than a girl. Enjoy those sleepy days.
It's really nice to be able to get a nap in those early days. :)

shixa wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:15:19 -0400, Vicky Bilaniuk
> > wrote:
>

>>Someone called my boy a girl today. It didn't bother me - made me
>>laugh, actually, because I understand perfectly how hard it is to tell
>>(especially when you've got the kid almost naked because it's hot and
>>steamy out). She felt really badly.
>>

> Everyone calls Victor a girl, even all dressed in blue -- it bothers
> my husband more than it does me. I think it happens because he's
> pretty enough to be a little girl.
>
> Carla
> Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
> www.victorpictures.com <--See him here!

Nikki
September 15th 04, 08:12 PM
Angela Schepers wrote:
> I've had the same thing happen, though not much though because Quinn
> does look so much more like a boy than a girl. Enjoy those sleepy
> days. It's really nice to be able to get a nap in those early days.
> :)

Never happened to mine. I think because they were bald, or nearly so. They
also have fine blond lashes. I think it is so unfair that little boys get
long, dark, lush lashes that I call them girls just for spite <eg> Well not
really but it seems the long pretty lashes and cute baby hair bring out the
'awe cute girl' comments more often.

Are your guys cute baldies that look like old men, or lush lashed and fine
haired, lol. Go ahead - blow my theory out of the water ;-)

--
Nikki

Mary W.
September 15th 04, 08:37 PM
Nikki wrote:
> Angela Schepers wrote:
>
>>I've had the same thing happen, though not much though because Quinn
>>does look so much more like a boy than a girl. Enjoy those sleepy
>> days. It's really nice to be able to get a nap in those early days.
>>:)
>

> Never happened to mine. I think because they were bald, or nearly so. They
> also have fine blond lashes. I think it is so unfair that little boys get
> long, dark, lush lashes that I call them girls just for spite <eg> Well not
> really but it seems the long pretty lashes and cute baby hair bring out the
> 'awe cute girl' comments more often.

And my girls always get called boys - likely due to the
bald thing. DD1 didn't get hair until she was 2! I did
have a stranger at the airport tell me I *needed* to
pierce DD1's ears so people would know she was a girl
(she was 10 months).

Mary

Cam & Shane
September 15th 04, 10:21 PM
I did have a stranger at the airport tell me I *needed* to
> pierce DD1's ears so people would know she was a girl
> (she was 10 months).

OMG!!! That's awful!! I think I would have told this person to go
#@*&%^&%( .....

Cam :-)

---

Tori M.
September 15th 04, 10:33 PM
"Cam & Shane" > wrote in message
> I did have a stranger at the airport tell me I *needed* to
> > pierce DD1's ears so people would know she was a girl
> > (she was 10 months).
>
> OMG!!! That's awful!! I think I would have told this person to go
> #@*&%^&%( .....
>
> Cam :-)
Not to mention I have had Bonnies ears peirced since she was 6 months old
and people still thought she was a boy! I could put her in the frilliest
pink dress we owned and put in pretty earings and people would come up and
say.. "What a cute little boy" Or "How old is he?" What kind of mean mom did
they think I was?

Tori

Cathy
September 16th 04, 02:10 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:
> Someone called my boy a girl today. It didn't bother me - made me
> laugh, actually, because I understand perfectly how hard it is to tell
> (especially when you've got the kid almost naked because it's hot and
> steamy out). She felt really badly.

Don't worry! DD was getting called 'little man' today - dressed in a pink
and white striped top, and bootleg jeans with embroidery on them! Now she
is older, it is mostly older people who assume she is a he, but early on
lots of people thought she was a boy. My favourite was a woman going really
gaga over 'him' saying she had had heaps to do with kids etc. etc. Then she
asked my 'sons' name. I took great delight in saying her name!!

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

Irene
September 16th 04, 04:24 AM
"Tori M." > wrote in message >...
> "Cam & Shane" > wrote in message
> > I did have a stranger at the airport tell me I *needed* to
> > > pierce DD1's ears so people would know she was a girl
> > > (she was 10 months).
> >
> > OMG!!! That's awful!! I think I would have told this person to go
> > #@*&%^&%( .....
> >
> > Cam :-)
> Not to mention I have had Bonnies ears peirced since she was 6 months old
> and people still thought she was a boy! I could put her in the frilliest
> pink dress we owned and put in pretty earings and people would come up and
> say.. "What a cute little boy" Or "How old is he?" What kind of mean mom did
> they think I was?
>
> Tori

Well, I've got one of each, and I think I've gotten about 50% boy
guesses and 50% girl guesses on each! They both always had a lot of
hair. I think ds had longer eyelashes, fwiw. Just yesterday, a nice
older lady thought dd was a boy, even tho she was in pink. She
commented that she hadn't looked at the outfit, just the face - I
guess that's the problem!

Irene

melbgal1
September 16th 04, 05:31 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk says...
> Someone called my boy a girl today.

One day I was out with my boy and he fell asleep half-tangled in my pink
shawl, so I put him to sleep with it in the pram. He got called a girl
all day ;)

--
Mummy to Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004

Rebecca McGraw
September 16th 04, 12:41 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk wrote:

> Someone called my boy a girl today. It didn't bother me - made me
> laugh, actually, because I understand perfectly how hard it is to tell
> (especially when you've got the kid almost naked because it's hot and
> steamy out). She felt really badly.

My brother and I are 16 months apart, and when we were very little
(well, even today, actually) I had straight blond hair cut in a bob and
he had lovely blond curls. All the time I got called a boy and him a
girl. It drove my mom crazy. It got to the point where my Aunt Virginia
made us each hand-painted tee shirts that said "I am a GIRL" and "I am a
BOY".

It IS hard to tell when they're little! I expect I'll run in to that
problem also, because all the baby clothes I really like are unisex. I
saw the cutest little denim jacket at Target the other day. Just like
Mama's, only teeny weeny. And little baby Chuck Taylor high-tops at JC
Penney. So cute!

-Rebecca

Leslie
September 16th 04, 01:13 PM
Rebecca said:

>he had lovely blond curls.

So does William. And the frequency with which he is called a girl (about 90%
of the time) makes my husband lobby for a haircut. But I can't stand to cut
his curls! And as you say the way I dress him doesn't help--I have favored the
"baby" look over the "boy" look this time around--although some people are
unable to tell even with the clues of trucks on shirts, etc.!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Vicky Bilaniuk
September 16th 04, 02:31 PM
melbgal1 wrote:
> Vicky Bilaniuk says...
>
>>Someone called my boy a girl today.
>

> One day I was out with my boy and he fell asleep half-tangled in my pink
> shawl, so I put him to sleep with it in the pram. He got called a girl
> all day ;)

Mine was in a blue blanket. It was the blanket that tipped the woman
off, actually. I didn't tell her, though, that I didn't pick the
blanket because it was a "boy" colour. I picked it because it matched
the stroller, and because I really like the colour blue. ;-)

Amy
September 17th 04, 09:11 AM
Someone asked if DD was a boy when she was wearing a *pink fluffy jacket*.
LOL! I mean, I know they look pretty similar, but did they really think we'd
be that cruel?
I think all of the handsomest guys I've met looked like girls when they were
little :-)

"Vicky Bilaniuk" > wrote in message
> Someone called my boy a girl today. It didn't bother me - made me
> laugh, actually, because I understand perfectly how hard it is to tell
> (especially when you've got the kid almost naked because it's hot and
> steamy out). She felt really badly.
>
> BTW, I think I just managed to survive our first growth spurt. Max had
> been majorly hungry for a few days in a row, and a little fussier than
> normal (well, "normal" being based on having had him around for only 2
> weeks!). Today, he seems to want to just laze around and spend lots of
> time sleeping. This is good for mommy, who is about to go and nap with
> him. ;-)

melbgal1
September 17th 04, 12:27 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk says...
> melbgal1 wrote:
> > Vicky Bilaniuk says...
> >
> >>Someone called my boy a girl today.
> >

> > One day I was out with my boy and he fell asleep half-tangled in my pink
> > shawl, so I put him to sleep with it in the pram. He got called a girl
> > all day ;)
> >

> Mine was in a blue blanket. It was the blanket that tipped the woman
> off, actually. I didn't tell her, though, that I didn't pick the
> blanket because it was a "boy" colour. I picked it because it matched
> the stroller, and because I really like the colour blue. ;-)

heh.
My boy looked awfully good in pink too <g>

--
Mummy to Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004

melbgal1
September 17th 04, 12:33 PM
In article >, Amy says...
> Someone asked if DD was a boy when she was wearing a *pink fluffy jacket*.
> LOL! I mean, I know they look pretty similar, but did they really think we'd
> be that cruel?

<g>

OTOH, one day I went out for lunch and a lady from a nearby table came
over to look in the pram and coo. He was wearing something unisex -
overalls or something - in green, I think. Anticipating the usual
questions, I answered one of hers, adding "he's a boy".

"Well, anyone can see that!" she said, a bit snippy.
"oh, um - I get used to being asked if it's a little boy or little girl
at this age" I meekly countered...

sheesh ! ;)
You can't win !

--
Mummy to Bébé B
Born 20.Apr.2004

Cathy Weeks
September 17th 04, 03:59 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk > wrote in message >...
> Someone called my boy a girl today. It didn't bother me - made me
> laugh, actually, because I understand perfectly how hard it is to tell
> (especially when you've got the kid almost naked because it's hot and
> steamy out). She felt really badly.

My daughter never had much hair as a baby - she had the downy stuff
for a long time, and by the time she was 1 year old, she had silky
close-to-the-head hair that wasn't long at all.

I got LOTS of "cute little boy" remarks.

By 18 months it was starting to grow in and curl, and by 2, she had
some hair. Now, she's 33 months, and has a full head of VERY curly
hair, so curly that it doesn't look long, though it is - her bangs are
well past her nose if you stretch out her forehead curls, and the
curls on the back of her head will reach her shoulder blades if you
pull them down. But they are all close to her head, so looks MUCH
shorter than it is.

However, no one has mistaken her for a boy in a long time. However a
couple of days ago, we had her dressed in some hand-me-downs from her
older brother - the clothes weren't obviously "boy" or "girl" (black
T-shirt, tan pants) and someone thought she was a boy. Sigh...

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

Vicky Bilaniuk
September 17th 04, 04:16 PM
Amy wrote:
> I think all of the handsomest guys I've met looked like girls when they were
> little :-)

Awwwww, how cute. ;-)

H Schinske
September 17th 04, 07:13 PM
>In article >, Amy says...
>> Someone asked if DD was a boy when she was wearing a *pink fluffy jacket*.
>> LOL! I mean, I know they look pretty similar, but did they really think
>we'd
>> be that cruel?

Yeah, it's soooooo cruel to put a little baby in the "wrong" color. ;-)

Bring on ... the COMFY CHAIR!

--Helen

Em
September 17th 04, 08:34 PM
"Nikki" > wrote in message
> Angela Schepers wrote:
> > I've had the same thing happen, though not much though because Quinn
> > does look so much more like a boy than a girl. Enjoy those sleepy
> > days. It's really nice to be able to get a nap in those early
days.
> > :)
>
> Never happened to mine. I think because they were bald, or nearly so.
They
> also have fine blond lashes. I think it is so unfair that little boys
get
> long, dark, lush lashes that I call them girls just for spite <eg>
Well not
> really but it seems the long pretty lashes and cute baby hair bring
out the
> 'awe cute girl' comments more often.

Lann has thick, long, dark blonde hair and long dark eyelashes. He gets
called a girl, even when he is very "boy" dressed--sometimes they act
like it is a given and sometimes I get, "she is a girl, isn't she?"
remarks (I guess wondering why my little girl has a manly polo shirt and
dark blue shorts on). So, my experience supports your theory! We finally
gave him a haircut last weekend. I couldn't resist adding some pictures
to my Webshots album to show you what I'm talking about:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ememare The last two pictures in the
folder will show what I mean, I think :-)

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost one year old!

Amy
September 17th 04, 10:43 PM
I realise it sounds silly, a colour is just a colour after all. But really,
our daughter rarely wears pink. She has clothes in blue, green, yellow,
purple, orange, white, brown....just about every colour you can imagine. She
doesn't really suit pink to be honest.
I know a baby isn't going to care what colour it's dressed in, but a
teenager might if it's made known to him through photos and family members
that mum dressed him like Barbie.
I'm all for breaking down gender stereotypes, my children of either gender
would have both lego and dolls, ballet or soccer if they chose, but until it
becomes at least moderately acceptable to put a boy in a hot pink fluffy
jacket, I'd wait until my son was old enough to choose.

"H Schinske" > wrote in message
> >In article >, Amy says...
> >> Someone asked if DD was a boy when she was wearing a *pink fluffy
jacket*.
> >> LOL! I mean, I know they look pretty similar, but did they really think
> >we'd
> >> be that cruel?
>
> Yeah, it's soooooo cruel to put a little baby in the "wrong" color. ;-)
>
> Bring on ... the COMFY CHAIR!
>
> --Helen

Amy
September 17th 04, 10:46 PM
'Someone' is always going to think that. A friend of mine went back to the
same OB who'd delivered her two year old son by c-section. Her son was
wearing Thomas The Tank Engine gear, and the OB _who'd delivered him_ said,
"Isn't she beautiful? How old is she now?" lol...

"Cathy Weeks" > wrote in message
om...

> By 18 months it was starting to grow in and curl, and by 2, she had
> some hair. Now, she's 33 months, and has a full head of VERY curly
> hair, so curly that it doesn't look long, though it is - her bangs are
> well past her nose if you stretch out her forehead curls, and the
> curls on the back of her head will reach her shoulder blades if you
> pull them down. But they are all close to her head, so looks MUCH
> shorter than it is.
>
> However, no one has mistaken her for a boy in a long time. However a
> couple of days ago, we had her dressed in some hand-me-downs from her
> older brother - the clothes weren't obviously "boy" or "girl" (black
> T-shirt, tan pants) and someone thought she was a boy. Sigh...
>
> Cathy Weeks
> Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

Donna Metler
September 17th 04, 11:29 PM
At this point, I'm really hoping the 18 and 24 week ultrasounds were right,
because if not, I have very little that isn't pink or has flowers on it!
And while the ballet pink bunting is adorable, and should be perfect as a
winter outer layer for a December girl baby, I can't see putting a little
boy in it! Sure a color is just a color, but just about everything in the
dresser screams cute and frilly!

Amy
September 18th 04, 09:05 AM
At least you can use the underwear if that were the case. I doubt he'd
become Julian Clary just because you put him in a pink floral singlet ;-)
I personally know a little Edward who was supposed to be an Emily, who left
the hospital in a pink matinee jacket.

"Donna Metler" > wrote in message
> At this point, I'm really hoping the 18 and 24 week ultrasounds were
right,
> because if not, I have very little that isn't pink or has flowers on it!
> And while the ballet pink bunting is adorable, and should be perfect as a
> winter outer layer for a December girl baby, I can't see putting a little
> boy in it! Sure a color is just a color, but just about everything in the
> dresser screams cute and frilly!

H Schinske
September 18th 04, 05:57 PM
Amy ) wrote:

>I know a baby isn't going to care what colour it's dressed in, but a
>teenager might if it's made known to him through photos and family members
>that mum dressed him like Barbie.

I'm hoping to raise a son who doesn't CARE if someone thought he was a girl
when he was a baby, any more than he'd care about any other minor mistake --
something like thinking his last name was Jones or whatever.

I probably wouldn't have put him in any majorly pink outfits consistently, but
I'm fairly sure he occasionally wore something like a pink sweatshirt when it
was the only warm thing I had handy. I know he frequently wore outfits that had
a bit of pink here or there, say striped socks where every tenth stripe was
pink, a white outfit with a blue and pink pattern, that kind of thing. I was
actually a lot more careful when he got to the age where he *could* choose,
because that was also the age where other children might be cruel about it.
(Though I admit he wore a pair of white sneakers all year at preschool before I
noticed that they had a flower pattern on the sole! Fortunately no one else
seemed to notice either.)

Personally I think the whole "pink for girls" thing is largely marketing --
they can sell a lot more baby clothes if hardly any of them are strictly
unisex.

--Helen

Ericka Kammerer
September 18th 04, 06:14 PM
H Schinske wrote:

> I'm hoping to raise a son who doesn't CARE if someone thought he was a girl
> when he was a baby, any more than he'd care about any other minor mistake --
> something like thinking his last name was Jones or whatever.

Same here. My boys (at seven and nine years old) do
wear pink. They wear pretty much all colors. With their
coloring, they look great in bright or pastel colors (not
so good in earth tones or muddy colors). So, while they
don't have frilly, girly pink clothes, they do have pink
dress shirts or peach polo shirts or whatever else looks
good on them. They've never complained, nor has anyone
made them feel bad about it to my knowledge (and if someone
had made them feel bad about it they would resist wearing
it or buying others like it). They know plenty of other
men who wear those colors, and I don't think they've given
it a second thought. (And, of course, Genevieve wears
whatever colors look good on her, which tend to be pastels,
though they include a lot of blues.)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Amy
September 18th 04, 10:48 PM
"H Schinske" > wrote in message

> I probably wouldn't have put him in any majorly pink outfits consistently,
but
> I'm fairly sure he occasionally wore something like a pink sweatshirt when
it
> was the only warm thing I had handy. I know he frequently wore outfits
that had
> a bit of pink here or there, say striped socks where every tenth stripe
was
> pink, a white outfit with a blue and pink pattern, that kind of thing. I
was
> actually a lot more careful when he got to the age where he *could*
choose,
> because that was also the age where other children might be cruel about
it.
> (Though I admit he wore a pair of white sneakers all year at preschool
before I
> noticed that they had a flower pattern on the sole! Fortunately no one
else
> seemed to notice either.)

Heck, I wouldn't be that picky either. And if a pink jacket was the only
warm thing, I'm not going to say, "sorry darling, you'll just have to be
cold". But seriously, how many mothers do you know that see a pink fluffy
jacket obviously aimed at girls and think, "that'd look great on my son!".
At the age of about 8 my brother went to a fancy dress as a Spanish dancing
girl. Mum even helped him with his makeup. While I admire her
liberal-mndedness, it was perhaps a little shortsighted in this case, as my
brother had it really rough at school from then until he left at about 17.

Kelly
September 19th 04, 12:40 AM
My Jake loved the color pink when he was 2 or 3. He didn't choose the wear
pink, but he liked the color. He also wanted a Barbie car at that age
because his best friend had one and he thought it was cool to drive around
her back yard in it. I don't think he even noticed it was Barbie. We
mentioned this to him awhile ago and he looked so shocked and asked if he
knew it was Barbie (then he said to not tell anyone) That's what I love
about toddlers-they just want to have fun.
Kelly
#4 2/05

"H Schinske" > wrote in message
> Amy ) wrote:
>
> >I know a baby isn't going to care what colour it's dressed in, but a
> >teenager might if it's made known to him through photos and family
members
> >that mum dressed him like Barbie.
>
> I'm hoping to raise a son who doesn't CARE if someone thought he was a
girl
> when he was a baby, any more than he'd care about any other minor
mistake --
> something like thinking his last name was Jones or whatever.
>
> I probably wouldn't have put him in any majorly pink outfits consistently,
but
> I'm fairly sure he occasionally wore something like a pink sweatshirt when
it
> was the only warm thing I had handy. I know he frequently wore outfits
that had
> a bit of pink here or there, say striped socks where every tenth stripe
was
> pink, a white outfit with a blue and pink pattern, that kind of thing. I
was
> actually a lot more careful when he got to the age where he *could*
choose,
> because that was also the age where other children might be cruel about
it.
> (Though I admit he wore a pair of white sneakers all year at preschool
before I
> noticed that they had a flower pattern on the sole! Fortunately no one
else
> seemed to notice either.)
>
> Personally I think the whole "pink for girls" thing is largely
marketing --
> they can sell a lot more baby clothes if hardly any of them are strictly
> unisex.
>
> --Helen

Irene
September 19th 04, 04:22 AM
(H Schinske) wrote in message >...
> Amy ) wrote:
>
> >I know a baby isn't going to care what colour it's dressed in, but a
> >teenager might if it's made known to him through photos and family members
> >that mum dressed him like Barbie.
>
> I'm hoping to raise a son who doesn't CARE if someone thought he was a girl
> when he was a baby, any more than he'd care about any other minor mistake --
> something like thinking his last name was Jones or whatever.

Yup - what she said.

> I probably wouldn't have put him in any majorly pink outfits consistently, but
> I'm fairly sure he occasionally wore something like a pink sweatshirt when it
> was the only warm thing I had handy. I know he frequently wore outfits that had
> a bit of pink here or there, say striped socks where every tenth stripe was
> pink, a white outfit with a blue and pink pattern, that kind of thing. I was
> actually a lot more careful when he got to the age where he *could* choose,
> because that was also the age where other children might be cruel about it.
> (Though I admit he wore a pair of white sneakers all year at preschool before I
> noticed that they had a flower pattern on the sole! Fortunately no one else
> seemed to notice either.)

That's pretty similar to what I did. I will admit, I got some
hand-me-downs from my neices after ds was born, and there were a few
things that I decided were just a little too girly for me (one was a
purple coat with big hot pink buttons!) and so I gave them to my
cousin who had just had a girl.

Fortunately, by having a son first, and then a daughter, I get to feel
better about re-using clothes. So far, dd has worn just about
everything ds had (weather-appropriate, at least) and I have only felt
mildly weird about a few outfits.

Irene

Jill
September 19th 04, 04:58 AM
"Irene" > wrote
> Fortunately, by having a son first, and then a daughter, I get to feel
> better about re-using clothes. So far, dd has worn just about
> everything ds had (weather-appropriate, at least) and I have only felt
> mildly weird about a few outfits.

I am saving all of R's clothing as she outgrows it. If I have a boy next I
can use quite a bit of it, except the dresses. I will guess that about 30%
of her stuff is usable on a boy. I would use anything except the dresses,
stuff with flowers on it, and pink. I bought a pack of "boys" (ie, blue-
light blue, blue stripes, blue pattern) onesies for her because I was sick
of pink, and love blue. She has a really cute frog onesie and the duckie
stuff is cute for boys 2 except for the 2 duckie dresses. One of her gowns
actually IS a boys gown- it says "baby boy"! We didn't notice at first, but
it is a nice mint green with blue, and I was so tired of pink and yellow.
Also I bought some white onsies that she is going to end up not wearing
because we have all these other cute patterned clothing in the same size.
etc. I have bought her a bit of blue and green blankets too. And a few other
outfits are actually boys' outfits. I hate buying a blue bodysuit/2 piece
outfit and just because it is blue, the tag says "boys size 3 months" or
something. If it doesn't say "World's Best Son" on it or something, who SAYS
it can't be a girl's???

If we have another girl, we are all set. I really want another babyyyyyyyyy!
As soon as R is weaned I am trying!!!

Irene
September 20th 04, 07:35 PM
"Jill" > wrote in message >...
I hate buying a blue bodysuit/2 piece
> outfit and just because it is blue, the tag says "boys size 3 months" or
> something. If it doesn't say "World's Best Son" on it or something, who SAYS
> it can't be a girl's???

It gets worse - I recently bought a plain white turtleneck for dd.
It's labeled as "boy"! If it doesn't have ruffles or bows or
something, then it must be boy clothes, it seems!

> If we have another girl, we are all set. I really want another babyyyyyyyyy!
> As soon as R is weaned I am trying!!!

Just remember - you don't necessarily have to wean to ttc! I know you
don't plan to do extended nursing, but if you change your mind, you
can try anyhow!

Irene