PDA

View Full Version : 31 weeks and... nausea ?!!??!

Zaz
September 17th 04, 03:19 PM
Is this possible? I woke up this morning feeling nauseated, and it hasn't
left me since...
I am now 31 weeks... I remember reading something about this on this ng, but
I didn't pay enough attention... Anyone experienced that?

Isabelle

Zaz
September 17th 04, 04:24 PM
For more gruesome details... I threw up everything I had since last night
just a few minutes ago. Yet, I still don't feel any better.
It really is the same discomfort as my "morning sickness" (morning, yeah
right) of the first trimester.
And to think of it, I did have the same feeling a couple of days ago...

"Zaz" > wrote in message
> Is this possible? I woke up this morning feeling nauseated, and it hasn't
> left me since...
> I am now 31 weeks... I remember reading something about this on this ng,
> but I didn't pay enough attention... Anyone experienced that?
>
> Isabelle

Welches
September 17th 04, 04:49 PM
Zaz > wrote in message
> Is this possible? I woke up this morning feeling nauseated, and it hasn't
> left me since...
> I am now 31 weeks... I remember reading something about this on this ng,
but
> I didn't pay enough attention... Anyone experienced that?
>
> Isabelle

Fr me nausea never went away. But it did get better and then worse again
about week 34ish.
May be you're stressed about something (I found that made me worse) or have
been overdoing it, or you've got a slight bug. Or it may be returning full
blast. Look on the bright side, though... you're unlikely to have much more
than 10 more weeks of nausea! ;-P
Debbie

Jill
September 17th 04, 05:14 PM
"Zaz" > wrote in message
> Is this possible? I woke up this morning feeling nauseated, and it hasn't
> left me since...
> I am now 31 weeks... I remember reading something about this on this ng,
but
> I didn't pay enough attention... Anyone experienced that?
>
> Isabelle

Ohhhhh yeah! I was nauseous and threw up through my entire pregnancy right
up until the delivery room. It seems funny now but it sure was miserable
then. I kept waiting for that "milestone" that would cause my nausea to
end....the first trimester, 4 months....6 months....36 weeks....lol.

Taking Vitamin B6 per my doctor seemed to help, but nothing really made it
go away and I always had to be really careful about what I ate, and when.

ModernMiko
September 17th 04, 07:09 PM
"Zaz" > wrote in message
> Is this possible? I woke up this morning feeling nauseated, and it hasn't
> left me since...
> I am now 31 weeks... I remember reading something about this on this ng,
but
> I didn't pay enough attention... Anyone experienced that?
>
> Isabelle

Mine comes and goes. I was fairly nauseas in the frist trimester although I
only threw up about 8 or 10 times I guess. Second trimester no real nausea
to speak about EXCEPT when brushing my teeth. Now that I've reached the
beginning of the third trimester (YEAH and ARGH!!!!), I'm definitely nauseas
again. DH and I went for lunch and I almost threw up in the bathroom
afterwards :-/. Definitely different than with DS#1

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Zaz
September 17th 04, 08:22 PM
I was afraid of that... The feeling has lasted through all day now, and it
IS familiar... Memories of first trimester which I had hoped to forget!

"ModernMiko" > wrote in message

> Mine comes and goes. I was fairly nauseas in the frist trimester although
> only threw up about 8 or 10 times I guess. Second trimester no real nausea
> to speak about EXCEPT when brushing my teeth. Now that I've reached the
> beginning of the third trimester (YEAH and ARGH!!!!), I'm definitely
> nauseas
> again. DH and I went for lunch and I almost threw up in the bathroom
> afterwards :-/. Definitely different than with DS#1
>
> --
> JennL
> DS 06/26/98
> 1 tiny angel 11/03
> EDD December 4 2004
>
> aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
> --
> Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
> with Swords

Rebecca McGraw
September 18th 04, 03:03 AM
That was me last weekend (at 28.5 weeks), but turns out it was either
food poisoning or a stomach bug. I got over it in about 48 hours. I
couldn't keep anything down, though, not even water, so the OB's office
called me in a prescription for promethazine (generic Phenergan). They
said it was safe, I only took 1 and then a half-pill later, and it
worked like a voodoo charm. You might ask your doctor if you continue to
have problems.

However, I've puked more since week 14 than I did at all in the first
trimester :( Stong smells still occasionally do it for me. John made
coffee the other morning, and blegh!! I had to leave the kitchen.

Hope you feel better soon,
-Rebecca

Zaz wrote:

> Is this possible? I woke up this morning feeling nauseated, and it hasn't
> left me since...
> I am now 31 weeks... I remember reading something about this on this ng, but
> I didn't pay enough attention... Anyone experienced that?
>
> Isabelle

Amy
September 18th 04, 09:15 AM
My morning sickness came back around this time. I felt a mild nausea the
entire pregnancy, it wasn't until the day after delivery that I got my
appetite back, and ate like a horse. I stayed fairly slim other than water
retention while pg, and I was horrified to find that there are things that
are tight on me at 11 weeks pp that fitted ok at 36 weeks pg! :-O
If it's any comfort, the morning sickness I got late pg was much more
sporadic and less intense than what I had early in pg. I had maybe two
vomiting episodes, and just a general unwell feeling on lying down. DD was
breech for some time, and I think my late-pg nausea was due to her head
pressing on my stomach rather than anything hormonal. Apparently it's not
uncommon.