PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

k debono
September 19th 04, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all your input. Some of you took it out of context,and some
just wanted to put someone down. I do take care of my children and love
them very much. I was just wanted some advice on how to find the man who
got me preg. I didn't tell the whole story and I don't half to. It's not
about welfare, adoption, if I'm a whore, money hungry bitch, or mentally
ill, It's all about the child. Thank you.
kim

AZ Astrea
September 22nd 04, 07:30 PM
"k debono" > wrote in message
> Thanks for all your input. Some of you took it out of context,and some
> just wanted to put someone down. I do take care of my children and love
> them very much. I was just wanted some advice on how to find the man who
> got me preg. I didn't tell the whole story and I don't half to. It's not
> about welfare, adoption, if I'm a whore, money hungry bitch, or mentally
> ill, It's all about the child. Thank you.
------------
You still insist that he *got* you pregnant. What, were you tied up, raped
and held captive until it was certain that you had conceived? We already
know the whole story. It's NOT about the child. It's about a woman who
insists that she has been victimized by a big bad man and is entitled to be
paid because she is the oh-so-long-suffering one who despite all of her
post-conception choices had the baby. If it were all about the child you
would have realized that a kid raised by a single mother have huge odds to
overcome such as:

75% of children/adolescents in chemical dependency hospitals are
from single-parent families. (Center for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA)

More than one half of all youths incarcerated for criminal acts
lived in one-parent families when they were children. (Children's
Defense Fund)

Every 78 seconds a teen attempts suicide - every 90 seconds they
succeed. (National Center for Health Statistics)

63% of suicides are individuals from single parent families (FBI
Law Enforcement Bulletin - Investigative Aid)

"Separation, divorce and unmarried parenthood seemed to be a high
risk for children/adolescents in these families for the development of
suicidal behavior". (Atilla Turgay, M.D.American Psychiatric
Association's Scientific Meeting, May 1994)

75% of teenage pregnancies are adolescents from single parent homes
(Children in need: Investment Strategies...Committee for Economic
Development)

Approximately 13% of all babies born in the U.S. are born to
adolescent mothers, with one million teens becoming pregnant each
year. Explanations for teen pregnancy include the break-up of the
American home and parental loss. (University of Kentucky, Departments
of Psychiatry, Ob/Gyn and Psychology)

Gang recruitment is a powerful lure for the products of broken homes
and single-parent households" as gang members are likely to "receive
little guidance or attention from family members at home." (Chicago
Crime Commission Report,1995)

1 in 2 will live in a single parent family at some point in childhood
1 in 3 is born to unmarried parents
1 in 4 lives with only one parent
1 in 8 is born to a teenage mother
1 in 25 lives with neither parent
(The State of America's Children, 1998 Yearbook, Children's Defense
Fund)

68.7% of American Youth are living in non-traditional families
7 out of 10

* 23.3% living with biological mother (Stepfamily Association)
* 4.4% lviing with biological father (Stepfamily Association)
* 1% Foster Families (U.S. Census Bureau)
* 3.7% living with non-relatives (U.S. Census Bureau)
* 6.3% living with grandparents (AARP - U.S. Census Bureau)
* 30% living in Stepfamilies ** (Stepfamily Association)

So go on, tell us how having a baby without having the father actively
involved is ALL about the child.

~AZ~

> kim

Tippy
September 22nd 04, 10:34 PM
"AZ Astrea" > wrote in message

> [...]
> Crime Commission Report,1995)
>
> 1 in 2 will live in a single parent family at some point in childhood
> 1 in 3 is born to unmarried parents
> 1 in 4 lives with only one parent
> 1 in 8 is born to a teenage mother
> 1 in 25 lives with neither parent
> (The State of America's Children, 1998 Yearbook, Children's Defense
> Fund)
>
> 68.7% of American Youth are living in non-traditional families
> 7 out of 10
>
> * 23.3% living with biological mother (Stepfamily Association)
> * 4.4% lviing with biological father (Stepfamily Association)
> * 1% Foster Families (U.S. Census Bureau)
> * 3.7% living with non-relatives (U.S. Census Bureau)
> * 6.3% living with grandparents (AARP - U.S. Census Bureau)
> * 30% living in Stepfamilies ** (Stepfamily Association)
>
> So go on, tell us how having a baby without having the father actively

Right on target-- As I recall, it wasn't her first such problem and she
isn't a teenager--but now let's take care of the kid. Kim, do what you can
to make sure the child grows up so that he/she won't make similar mistakes
and becomes a good citizen.

The stats apply seem to apply to more than children raised by a single
mother, it seems to be mixed. But interesting and disheartening stats.
One note of humor in a sad situation:

> 68.7% of American Youth are living in non-traditional families
> 7 out of 10

Obviously this stat applies across the board, not just to a single mother--

I wonder if the remaining 3 of 10 that are living in traditional American
families are illegal aliens?

gridlock
September 23rd 04, 07:35 PM
"AZ Astrea" > wrote in message

> [...]
> Crime Commission Report,1995)
>
> 1 in 2 will live in a single parent family at some point in childhood
> 1 in 3 is born to unmarried parents
> 1 in 4 lives with only one parent
> 1 in 8 is born to a teenage mother
> 1 in 25 lives with neither parent
> (The State of America's Children, 1998 Yearbook, Children's Defense
> Fund)
>
> 68.7% of American Youth are living in non-traditional families
> 7 out of 10
>
> * 23.3% living with biological mother (Stepfamily Association)
> * 4.4% lviing with biological father (Stepfamily Association)
> * 1% Foster Families (U.S. Census Bureau)
> * 3.7% living with non-relatives (U.S. Census Bureau)
> * 6.3% living with grandparents (AARP - U.S. Census Bureau)
> * 30% living in Stepfamilies ** (Stepfamily Association)
>
> So go on, tell us how having a baby without having the father actively

Is getting an abortion all about the child?

AZ Astrea
September 24th 04, 02:39 AM
"gridlock" > wrote in message
ervers.com...

> "AZ Astrea" > wrote in message

snip

> Is getting an abortion all about the child?
Yep!

AZ