PDA

View Full Version : Top Teeth Question

Carol Ann
September 19th 04, 10:35 PM
Morgan's top two teeth broke through earlier this week. It appears there
are 2 more coming in next to them. They are situated further back behind
the gum. Is this normal???

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the FREE Monthly Weightloss Challenge
http://tinyurl.com/66bvu <---Recent Pictures of Morgan

Unadulterated Me
September 19th 04, 11:35 PM
Carol Ann wrote:
> Morgan's top two teeth broke through earlier this week. It appears there
> are 2 more coming in next to them. They are situated further back behind
> the gum. Is this normal???

Does she have her bottom two teeth yet?
Just that babies two bottom teeth 'usually' come in first and my only
child who had his come in very late and had other teeth sprout first was
later found to have no Adult teeth behind those two bottom baby ones. He
still now at 16 has two baby teeth there, he has to wait until his jaw
stops growing then he can have cosmetic surgery to make them bigger, or
replace them.

Andrea

Jamie Clark
September 19th 04, 11:40 PM
Carol Ann,
I guess it would depend on how far back or out of alignment they appear to
be. Some of Taylor's teeth looked like they might not be in alignment when
they first started coming in, but as they came through (which took some
number of months for certain teeth), they seem to have aligned better. I
wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. When she has a full
mouthful, then you'll have a better idea if things are lining up correctly.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

"Carol Ann" > wrote in message
> Morgan's top two teeth broke through earlier this week. It appears there
> are 2 more coming in next to them. They are situated further back behind
> the gum. Is this normal???
>
> ~Carol Ann
> www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the FREE Monthly Weightloss Challenge
> http://tinyurl.com/66bvu <---Recent Pictures of Morgan

Cathy
September 20th 04, 03:04 AM
Carol Ann wrote:
> Morgan's top two teeth broke through earlier this week. It appears
> there are 2 more coming in next to them. They are situated further
> back behind the gum. Is this normal???

I don't know. All I can say is that DD had an enormous gap between her 2
top teeth when they came through, which I thought would be permanent(well,
as permanent as baby teeth are). This closed when her other teeth came
through. Maybe by the time Morgan has a mouthful of teeth, they'll all be
in alignment too.

Cathy

Carol Ann
September 20th 04, 04:35 AM
> > Morgan's top two teeth broke through earlier this week. It appears
there
> > are 2 more coming in next to them. They are situated further back
behind
> > the gum. Is this normal???
> >

> Does she have her bottom two teeth yet?

Yes, they came in when she was 15 weeks old. She's about 23 or 24 now.

> Just that babies two bottom teeth 'usually' come in first and my only
> child who had his come in very late and had other teeth sprout first was
> later found to have no Adult teeth behind those two bottom baby ones. He
> still now at 16 has two baby teeth there, he has to wait until his jaw
> stops growing then he can have cosmetic surgery to make them bigger, or
> replace them.
>
> Andrea

Carol Ann
October 5th 04, 03:56 AM
> > Morgan's top two teeth broke through earlier this week. It appears
> > there are 2 more coming in next to them. They are situated further
> > back behind the gum. Is this normal???
>
> I don't know. All I can say is that DD had an enormous gap between her 2
> top teeth when they came through, which I thought would be permanent(well,
> as permanent as baby teeth are). This closed when her other teeth came
> through. Maybe by the time Morgan has a mouthful of teeth, they'll all be
> in alignment too.
>
> Cathy

Morgan now has 3 top teeth not 4. There is a gap between the front two.
She kinda favors Ernest Borgneine. LOL! That's only funny if you know who
he is...

LOL!!!

~Carol Ann

Jenrose
October 5th 04, 05:49 AM
"Carol Ann" > wrote in message
>> > Morgan's top two teeth broke through earlier this week. It appears
>> > there are 2 more coming in next to them. They are situated further
>> > back behind the gum. Is this normal???

In a breastfed baby (and the longer they're breastfed, the better, from an
orthodontic standpoint) it is normal and *good* for there to be gaps between
baby teeth. DD, who nursed for years, has a beautiful wide arch and her
adult teeth have all come in straight, because there was plenty of space
between her much-smaller baby teeth. Her baby teeth came in at funny angles,
some of them, but spaced apart, and ultimately the adult teeth are the ones
we care about. Those even had a gap to start with, but as her molars and
other teeth have come in, the gap has narrowed.

The following website from a dentist has a really graphic and persuasive
description of *why* breastfeeding is better for teeth than
bottlefeeding...but I do mean graphic--cadaver dissections and all.

http://www.brianpalmerdds.com/bfing_import.htm

DD never took a pacifier, and although she was an arm-sucker in utero, she
definitely decided quickly that the boob was the "good stuff" and never
really liked sucking on anything else. I let her nurse, even comfort nurse,
as much as she wanted up to age 2 and a fair bit for years after that.
Seemed like a cheap alternative to orthodontia.

Jenrose

zeldabee
October 5th 04, 04:06 PM
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:56:01 GMT, Carol Ann was all, like:
> Morgan now has 3 top teeth not 4. There is a gap between the front two.
> She kinda favors Ernest Borgneine. LOL! That's only funny if you know who
> he is...

Sprogly's had 3 top teeth for a while now--he's just now getting a
fourth. But when he got the first two, he bore a remarkable resemblance
to Sponge Bob.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m