PDA

View Full Version : Re: One mothers experience:

teacherDeb
September 20th 04, 09:50 PM
(Pointed Elbow) wrote in message >...
> Collected from the web:
>

> It was just too real for me. That poor defenseless baby with the
> panicky expression screaming, and that doctor, all sinister looking
> hovering over the baby like a predator over prey. In that moment, I
> wanted to rescue that child, but I knew it counted most for my own
> child, that I not allow my babies to be assaulted via circumcision.
>
> That horror happened 23 years ago last month. I will always feel I had
> been guided by the hand of the Great Mother, to see the reality of
> that horror. I will always be grateful for that moment.
>
> Thanks for listening...Joyce in the mts.

I am so tired of these circumcision posts. Are all NGs so obsessed
with the penis? I know it was cross-posted, but - enough already.

Cut it or don't, I don't give a ^$%^ either way. Just shut up about
it.

Deb

eggs
September 20th 04, 11:36 PM
"teacherDeb" > wrote in message
om...
> (Pointed Elbow) wrote in message
> > Collected from the web:
> >

> > That horror happened 23 years ago last month. I will always feel I
had
> > been guided by the hand of the Great Mother, to see the reality of
> > that horror. I will always be grateful for that moment.
> >
> > Thanks for listening...Joyce in the mts.
> >

> I am so tired of these circumcision posts. Are all NGs so obsessed
> with the penis? I know it was cross-posted, but - enough already.
>
> Cut it or don't, I don't give a ^$%^ either way. Just shut up about
> it.

Come on Deb, the penis is the center of the universe, don't you know?
What topic could be more worthy of debate? :-)

These misc.kids newsgroups seem to take a regular polls on whether
people are "pro" or "anti" circumcision, but maybe we should take a poll
on who really doesn't care if other people circumcise their kids or not.
To me it's kind of like having your baby's ears pierced - I'm not into
it but don't really see it as that big a deal if other people are. I
think the thing that really gets my goat are the *reasons* people give
for doing it. Mostly they are pretty mundane cultural reasons, which
frankly, I have no problem with. After all, I didn't choose to not
circumcise my DS for any deeply considered reason - I just come from a
non-circumcising culture and it was the automatic thing for me to do.
Some people, however, seem to have put a lot of thought into it and
come up with some pretty creepy sexual preference reasons for having it
done, or some weirdo pseudo scientific rationale, and it is those
reasons that make me question the act, IYKWIM?

I agree that it is tedious to open yet another circ thread on a day when
you are not really interested, but I do think the topic is valid for the
misc.kids groups. I just wish they were all marked something like
"CIRC: one mothers experience", so they were easier to skip over when
not interested.

eggs.

Chookie
September 21st 04, 12:23 PM
In article >,
(teacherDeb) wrote:

> I am so tired of these circumcision posts. Are all NGs so obsessed
> with the penis? I know it was cross-posted, but - enough already.
>
> Cut it or don't, I don't give a ^$%^ either way. Just shut up about
> it.

That's what killfiling is all about.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet