PDA

View Full Version : 36 weeks.. Please let there be only 4 weeks left;)

Tori M.
September 22nd 04, 05:50 AM
I kept Joking that I would not mind being a week late this time arround but
I LIED yes I flat out lied! lol I would love to go now except that I am
home alone and I want to sleep! I am tired of the heart burn and the nausea
and the dizzy spells and the diarhea! i never really wanted a Oct. Baby..
too close to halloween;) Sept is convienient.. It is Fall.. not too cold
yet;) Oh and I would not have 3 ultrasounds left to do.. If they had to
come up with a good excuse for them could they at least have made the goop
they use better for the skin;) One good thing, lol, I have no new stretch
marks! Maybe the gel IS good for something.

Oh and if my not so DH says "It is MY money, I can spend whatever I want
to," Too many more times I am gonna shove the money up his rear! Not just
the hormones talking.

Ok so for the next month I get to look forward to more frequent peeing,
constant heartburn, endless fatigue, and then to top it all off hours of
labor! This baby better be cute;) I never wanted Bonnie to get out early..
But this guy is welcome to come out any old time he wants! i dont even care
if the Van is fixed yet;) I keep telling th DR the baby cant be early
because our vans head, exhast manifold and a few other vital parts are not
in our mini van.. they are sitting next to it until next weekend.. I think I
lied though.. our 4 door Buick will do just fine.. lol who cares if we have
to take 3 trips to do laundry.. who has the energy to do 10 loads in one day
and take care of 2 kids anyway;)

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Mamma Mia
September 22nd 04, 08:51 AM
soldier on dude.....

they have to come out eventually!

:)

"Tori M." > wrote in message
>I kept Joking that I would not mind being a week late this time arround but
> I LIED yes I flat out lied! lol I would love to go now except that I am
> home alone and I want to sleep! I am tired of the heart burn and the
> nausea
> and the dizzy spells and the diarhea! i never really wanted a Oct. Baby..
> too close to halloween;) Sept is convienient.. It is Fall.. not too cold
> yet;) Oh and I would not have 3 ultrasounds left to do.. If they had to
> come up with a good excuse for them could they at least have made the goop
> they use better for the skin;) One good thing, lol, I have no new stretch
> marks! Maybe the gel IS good for something.
>
> Oh and if my not so DH says "It is MY money, I can spend whatever I want
> to," Too many more times I am gonna shove the money up his rear! Not just
> the hormones talking.
>
> Ok so for the next month I get to look forward to more frequent peeing,
> constant heartburn, endless fatigue, and then to top it all off hours of
> labor! This baby better be cute;) I never wanted Bonnie to get out
> early..
> But this guy is welcome to come out any old time he wants! i dont even
> care
> if the Van is fixed yet;) I keep telling th DR the baby cant be early
> because our vans head, exhast manifold and a few other vital parts are not
> in our mini van.. they are sitting next to it until next weekend.. I think
> lied though.. our 4 door Buick will do just fine.. lol who cares if we
> have
> to take 3 trips to do laundry.. who has the energy to do 10 loads in one
> day
> and take care of 2 kids anyway;)
>
> Tori
>
> --
> Bonnie 3/20/02
> Xavier due 10/17/04

Leslie
September 22nd 04, 03:20 PM
Tori said:

> I keep telling th DR the baby cant be early
>because our vans head, exhast manifold and a few other vital parts are not
>in our mini van.. they are sitting next to it until next weekend

I know where you are coming from--people keep asking me if I'm ready, and I
say, "I'm ready, but I'm not READY!"

I have so many baby clothes to wash it is not funny, but I have nowhere to put
them when I am finished--we still have to find a chest of drawers. And William
needs a mattress for his new bed, and a new carpet for the room.

And even more crucial, we have gone from being a one car family to being a NO
car family. If anyone here is considering buying a Dodge Durango, I can now
tell you DON'T. It has an engine flaw that Dodge refuses to recognize and the
result is that our car needs a new engine. We were planning to buy a new car
but for complicated financial reasons that will be impossible for at least
another month. We have rented a car for one week that won't even hold our
whole family, and after that I don't know what we are going to do.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Not My Real Name
September 22nd 04, 03:57 PM
Hang in there Tori!

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

"Tori M." > wrote in message
>I kept Joking that I would not mind being a week late this time arround but
> I LIED yes I flat out lied! lol I would love to go now except that I am
> home alone and I want to sleep! I am tired of the heart burn and the
> nausea
> and the dizzy spells and the diarhea! i never really wanted a Oct. Baby..
> too close to halloween;) Sept is convienient.. It is Fall.. not too cold
> yet;) Oh and I would not have 3 ultrasounds left to do.. If they had to
> come up with a good excuse for them could they at least have made the goop
> they use better for the skin;) One good thing, lol, I have no new stretch
> marks! Maybe the gel IS good for something.
>
> Oh and if my not so DH says "It is MY money, I can spend whatever I want
> to," Too many more times I am gonna shove the money up his rear! Not just
> the hormones talking.
>
> Ok so for the next month I get to look forward to more frequent peeing,
> constant heartburn, endless fatigue, and then to top it all off hours of
> labor! This baby better be cute;) I never wanted Bonnie to get out
> early..
> But this guy is welcome to come out any old time he wants! i dont even
> care
> if the Van is fixed yet;) I keep telling th DR the baby cant be early
> because our vans head, exhast manifold and a few other vital parts are not
> in our mini van.. they are sitting next to it until next weekend.. I think
> lied though.. our 4 door Buick will do just fine.. lol who cares if we
> have
> to take 3 trips to do laundry.. who has the energy to do 10 loads in one
> day
> and take care of 2 kids anyway;)
>
> Tori
>
> --
> Bonnie 3/20/02
> Xavier due 10/17/04

Not My Real Name
September 22nd 04, 04:08 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> Tori said:
>
>> I keep telling th DR the baby cant be early
>>because our vans head, exhast manifold and a few other vital parts are not
>>in our mini van.. they are sitting next to it until next weekend
>
> I know where you are coming from--people keep asking me if I'm ready, and
> say, "I'm ready, but I'm not READY!"
>
> I have so many baby clothes to wash it is not funny, but I have nowhere to
> put
> them when I am finished--we still have to find a chest of drawers. And
> William
> needs a mattress for his new bed, and a new carpet for the room.

Good luck as you get all of that done!

> And even more crucial, we have gone from being a one car family to being a
> NO
> car family. If anyone here is considering buying a Dodge Durango, I can
> now
> tell you DON'T. It has an engine flaw that Dodge refuses to recognize and
> the
> result is that our car needs a new engine. We were planning to buy a new
> car
> but for complicated financial reasons that will be impossible for at least
> another month. We have rented a car for one week that won't even hold our
> whole family, and after that I don't know what we are going to do.

Yikes! I'm so sorry you're having all that trouble. I hope you'll be able
to buy your new car soon! (Does make me glad we didn't buy a Durango,
though, when we were looking a couple of months ago!)

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

newfy.1
September 22nd 04, 04:09 PM
"Tori M." > wrote in message
> I kept Joking that I would not mind being a week late this time arround
but
> I LIED yes I flat out lied! lol I would love to go now except that I am
> home alone and I want to sleep! I am tired of the heart burn and the
nausea
> and the dizzy spells and the diarhea! i never really wanted a Oct. Baby..
> too close to halloween;) Sept is convienient.. It is Fall.. not too cold
> yet;) Oh and I would not have 3 ultrasounds left to do.. If they had to
> come up with a good excuse for them could they at least have made the goop
> they use better for the skin;) One good thing, lol, I have no new stretch
> marks! Maybe the gel IS good for something.

Oh gosh! I NEED about 2 more weeks after my due date. Seriously, the later I
go, the better for me since it doesn't look like my kitchen will be done
before the baby comes and I still haven't unpacked my house from moving. :(

Just wondering, why do you have to have three more ultrasounds? You can say
no to anything like that, you know.

JennP.

Tori M.
September 22nd 04, 06:41 PM
> Just wondering, why do you have to have three more ultrasounds? You can
say
> no to anything like that, you know.

DH and I agreed that if they gave good reasons of why I needed a weekly
ultrasound then we would do it.. I am sure if they could get the NST machine
to work on me I would have to do one of those as well... they just never
work;) The only good thing is I can have them done the same day as my drs
apt.

Tori

Anne Rogers
September 22nd 04, 07:01 PM

> Oh gosh! I NEED about 2 more weeks after my due date. Seriously, the later
> go, the better for me since it doesn't look like my kitchen will be done
> before the baby comes and I still haven't unpacked my house from moving.
:(

I was wondering that too, though to be honest I wish I'd been somewhere
which was keen like that, my ob ordered an ultrasound and the ultrasound
department refused!!!!!! My midwife was considering sending me for a scan on
the basis of "checking fetal positioning" despite the fact it was obvious he
was head down!

Leslie
September 23rd 04, 01:30 AM
Sara said:

>Good luck as you get all of that done!

IF we get it done--I am feeling very pessimistic and overwhelmed right now.

>> And even more crucial, we have gone from being a one car family to being a
>> NO
>> car family. If anyone here is considering buying a Dodge Durango, I can
>> now
>> tell you DON'T. It has an engine flaw that Dodge refuses to recognize and
>> the
>> result is that our car needs a new engine. We were planning to buy a new
>> car
>> but for complicated financial reasons that will be impossible for at least
>> another month. We have rented a car for one week that won't even hold our
>> whole family, and after that I don't know what we are going to do.
>>
>Yikes! I'm so sorry you're having all that trouble. I hope you'll be able
>to buy your new car soon! (Does make me glad we didn't buy a Durango,
>though, when we were looking a couple of months ago!)

I'm glad you didn't either! It looks like there will probably be a class
action lawsuit in Dodge's future.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Not My Real Name
September 24th 04, 01:38 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> Sara said:
>
>>Good luck as you get all of that done!
>
> IF we get it done--I am feeling very pessimistic and overwhelmed right
> now.

Ugh, I know the feeling. DH is currently remodeling our house, which is
meaning major work on the kitchen. He's doing it in the evenings and on
weekends when he can, but that doesn't allow for a lot being done at once.
And because he can only work in small bits at a time, he has to minimize how
much the kitchen is totally unavailable, or I can't cook meals. I've set
Christmas as the cutoff for doing anything, so that things will be calm and
clean by the time the baby arrives, but hectic it is! (((HUGS))) to all of
you!

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

Leslie
September 24th 04, 02:06 AM
Sara said:

>DH is currently remodeling our house, which is
>meaning major work on the kitchen.

Wow! So cool that he CAN do this. Our very old house needs a whole lot of
work, but we have to pay people to do it, and since we can't afford it, it
means it doesn't get done. Really, you'd die if you saw our kitchen. NO wall
cabinets (the food is kept on a primitive shelf-thingy in the pantry). Brick
floors (I actually like that). Three different counter surfaces--and two of
the counter/cabinet areas can actually be picked up and moved around--they are
not attached! ONE source of light (nowhere near the stove, needless to say).
ONE outlet for all appliances (which we just blew a few moments ago by trying
to run two things at once . . .).

He's doing it in the evenings and on
>weekends when he can, but that doesn't allow for a lot being done at once.
>And because he can only work in small bits at a time, he has to minimize how
>much the kitchen is totally unavailable, or I can't cook meals. I've set
>Christmas as the cutoff for doing anything, so that things will be calm and
>clean by the time the baby arrives, but hectic it is!

Good thinking!

(((HUGS))) to all of
>you!

Thanks. :-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

newfy.1
September 24th 04, 07:49 PM
"Not My Real Name" > wrote in message

> Ugh, I know the feeling. DH is currently remodeling our house, which is
> meaning major work on the kitchen. He's doing it in the evenings and on
> weekends when he can, but that doesn't allow for a lot being done at once.
> And because he can only work in small bits at a time, he has to minimize
how
> much the kitchen is totally unavailable, or I can't cook meals. I've set
> Christmas as the cutoff for doing anything, so that things will be calm
and
> clean by the time the baby arrives, but hectic it is! (((HUGS))) to all
of
> you!

Oh, Sarah, I've mentioned it here before, but I totally feel your pain. I
have been completely without a kitchen and dining room since mid-August,
moved in June and can't really unpack until the construction is done. We did
the kitchen in our old house when I was pg with ds so I really should have
known better! We did it ourselves the first time, but hired a contractor
this time. It will be done, but not before this baby comes. Good luck!

JennP.

Not My Real Name
September 25th 04, 11:02 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> Sara said:
>
>>DH is currently remodeling our house, which is
>>meaning major work on the kitchen.
>
> Wow! So cool that he CAN do this.

Thanks! It is cool that he can do it, but it's also what he does all day at
work. He's a restoration/preservation carpenter, so he works on fixing old
houses and buildings all day. Doesn't mean he's dying to pick up a hammer
again when he gets home. :) But it's good that he can, 'cause we couldn't
afford to pay him or his company either, lol. (I bet he'd think your brick
floors were really cool! They sound neat!)

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

Not My Real Name
September 25th 04, 11:03 PM
"newfy.1" > wrote in message

> "Not My Real Name" > wrote in message
>
>> Ugh, I know the feeling. DH is currently remodeling our house, which is
>> meaning major work on the kitchen. He's doing it in the evenings and on
>> weekends when he can, but that doesn't allow for a lot being done at
>> once.
>> And because he can only work in small bits at a time, he has to minimize
> how
>> much the kitchen is totally unavailable, or I can't cook meals. I've set
>> Christmas as the cutoff for doing anything, so that things will be calm
> and
>> clean by the time the baby arrives, but hectic it is! (((HUGS))) to all
> of
>> you!
>
> Oh, Sarah, I've mentioned it here before, but I totally feel your pain. I
> have been completely without a kitchen and dining room since mid-August,
> moved in June and can't really unpack until the construction is done.

Ugh! Total pitb, isn't it? Right now, DH is upstairs ripping out old
kitchen flooring, but I have a feeling dinner is going to be a while, lol.

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

Leslie
September 27th 04, 02:46 AM
Sara said:

>He's a restoration/preservation carpenter, so he works on fixing old
>houses and buildings all day.

Oh, wow! That is so cool. I would love to talk to him about my house.

Doesn't mean he's dying to pick up a hammer
>again when he gets home. :)

I just bet.

But it's good that he can, 'cause we couldn't
>afford to pay him or his company either, lol.

No kidding. All that kind of thing is so expensive. And we need so much done!

(I bet he'd think your brick
>floors were really cool! They sound neat!)

Supposedly they are really hard on the legs, but I do love them. In our last
house, we had cream colored linoleum, and it always looked dirty. These floors
are dirty most of the time, naturally, but they don't show it.