PDA

View Full Version : Going Crazy!

Nikki
September 23rd 04, 08:07 PM
Joybelle wrote:

> Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant

Yep three times!

>and were?

Twice

>or weren't?

Once

That wasn't very helpful was it ;-)

Personally I'd take the darn test and if it was negative I'd test again next
week but I wouldn't buy one until the day I wanted to test. I have no will
power, lol.

--
Nikki

Welches
September 23rd 04, 08:12 PM
Joybelle > wrote in message
> I'm going a little crazy. I want to test, I feel like I am pregnant, but
> I'm trying to make myself hold off until next week. I made a post
several
> days ago about my messed up cycle, and now I just have to wait. I had
hubby
> pick up a test yesterday, and it's calling my name every time I have to
use
> the bathroom (which is frequently).
>
> Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were? Or weren't? I know
The only time I "just knew"... I wasn't. :-(
When I was I thought I'd just got gasterenteritis, but it was ms kicking in.
Debbie

> test is the only thing that's going to "prove" that I am, but I am having
> strong feeling that I am. With my previous cycle, though, I could just be
> messed up. I just wanna know!! LOL... I'm sure no one has ever felt this
> way before! :) Just had to get that out, I guess.
> --
> Joy
>
> Rose 1-30-99
> Iris 2-28-01
> Spencer 3-12-03

Helen
September 23rd 04, 08:57 PM
I kind of knew last time, although this time as it was only 10 weeks and
one period since I had a baby I sort of thought it was just my body sorting
itself out after having a baby.

please do the test and put us out of our misery!!!

I'm with Nikki I have no willpower :-)

Helen the Midwife

"Joybelle" > wrote in message
> I'm going a little crazy. I want to test, I feel like I am pregnant, but
> I'm trying to make myself hold off until next week. I made a post
several
> days ago about my messed up cycle, and now I just have to wait. I had
hubby
> pick up a test yesterday, and it's calling my name every time I have to
use
> the bathroom (which is frequently).
>
> Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were? Or weren't? I know
> test is the only thing that's going to "prove" that I am, but I am having
> strong feeling that I am. With my previous cycle, though, I could just be
> messed up. I just wanna know!! LOL... I'm sure no one has ever felt this
> way before! :) Just had to get that out, I guess.
> --
> Joy
>
> Rose 1-30-99
> Iris 2-28-01
> Spencer 3-12-03

Leslie
September 23rd 04, 09:50 PM
>Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?

More like, I have signs that could be pregnancy related and know that I'm NOT.
So I guess that translates into yes, I have always known when I am. :-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Joybelle
September 23rd 04, 10:10 PM
I'm going a little crazy. I want to test, I feel like I am pregnant, but
I'm trying to make myself hold off until next week. I made a post several
days ago about my messed up cycle, and now I just have to wait. I had hubby
pick up a test yesterday, and it's calling my name every time I have to use
the bathroom (which is frequently).

Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were? Or weren't? I know a
test is the only thing that's going to "prove" that I am, but I am having a
strong feeling that I am. With my previous cycle, though, I could just be
messed up. I just wanna know!! LOL... I'm sure no one has ever felt this
way before! :) Just had to get that out, I guess.
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Jill
September 23rd 04, 10:17 PM
"Joybelle" > wrote
> Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?

Yes. Based on the dates we later got, I "knew" because I had a feeling, when
I could only have been like 10-14 days pregnant. I told someone at work
because I asked them if I could be pregnant if the test came back negative-
well, what I meant was, if I just conceived so recently would I possibly
"feel" pregnant and feel nauseous? One day at work my face was just
absolutely green and I spent the day running for the bathroom to throw up.
Tests were negative but I bought them in bulk and literally it was like
negative, negative, negative that was left on the back of the toilet and
showed faint positive after 12 hours, positive. (Taking one test a day). It
was weird (but then I went on to be nauseous the entire pregnancy so it
makes me think it really wasn't in my head). Pregnancy nausea is a different
kind if nausea than just plain old nausea.

Joybelle
September 23rd 04, 10:21 PM
"Nikki" > wrote in message
> Joybelle wrote:
>
> > Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant
>
> Yep three times!
>
> >and were?
>
> Twice
>
> >or weren't?
>
> Once
>
> That wasn't very helpful was it ;-)

Too funny! :) I just have this strong sense that I'm not going to get AF
and that there's something going on. I did have one other time where I
thought I was, and even got a positive test, but I wasn't. It was so weird.
There was a faint positive that faded within an hour.

> Personally I'd take the darn test and if it was negative I'd test again
next
> week but I wouldn't buy one until the day I wanted to test. I have no
will
> power, lol.

I'm suffering greatly... I think I might make it until tomorrow, but I was
going to try and make it til Monday.

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Joybelle
September 23rd 04, 10:28 PM
"Welches" > wrote in message

> Joybelle > wrote in message
> > I'm going a little crazy. I want to test, I feel like I am pregnant,
but
> > I'm trying to make myself hold off until next week. I made a post
> several
> > days ago about my messed up cycle, and now I just have to wait. I had
> hubby
> > pick up a test yesterday, and it's calling my name every time I have to
> use
> > the bathroom (which is frequently).
> >
> > Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were? Or weren't? I
know

> The only time I "just knew"... I wasn't. :-(
> When I was I thought I'd just got gasterenteritis, but it was ms kicking
in.
> Debbie

Oh, dear! Of the three pregnancies I have had I did just "know" my period
wasn't going to show. Though, number three threw me for a loop because I
knew I was and got a negative test. A couple of weeks later I did get a
positive. It was determined later, after an ultrasound, that I was pg when
I took that first test. Now I'm feeling kind of leery of taking a test, but
I wanna know! I keep thinking it could show a positive right now. Then I
think maybe i should wait. Sigh... I really should clean the house rather
than enter the possible dates in due date calculators...lol.
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Helen
September 23rd 04, 10:38 PM
its possible your system could be messed up but you probably 'know'. Have to
say even though it is embarrassing I was a little 'surprised my colleagues
are having a field day part of our job is to advise women when they leave
hospital that it is possible to get pregnant very quickly!!

probably good to do the test in the morning I will watch and wait for the
results!!

I'm a hospital based midwife, I work in a large teaching hospital in a city
so loads of different and interesting experiences not much shocks or
surprises me now. I have done a few home births and I love them, they are so
relaxed and much more woman centred, I think women have so much more
control, because as midwives we are guests in their homes, just a personal
view. I do love the variety in hospital thought.

I am fortunate to have a fabulous midwife who I have never worked with.

Helen the midwife
"Joybelle" > wrote in message

> "Helen" > wrote in message
> . uk...
> > I kind of knew last time, although this time as it was only 10 weeks
and
> > one period since I had a baby I sort of thought it was just my body
> sorting
> > itself out after having a baby.
>
> I can imagine. Congratulations, by the way! I'm still breastfeeding my 18
> month old, and I've only had 3-4 regular periods, so I suppose I could
still
> just be messed up.

> > please do the test and put us out of our misery!!!
> >
> > I'm with Nikki I have no willpower :-)
>
> I think I'm gonna tomorrow! I want to do it RIGHT NOW, but I think I have
> more of a chance of having an accurate test if I wait for morning.
>
> > Helen the Midwife
>
> Are you home birth midwife? Just been wondering since I saw it in your
sig.
> --
> Joy
>
> Rose 1-30-99
> Iris 2-28-01
> Spencer 3-12-03

Leslie
September 23rd 04, 10:49 PM
> I probably should wait
>to test next week just because I know the test would be more accurate, but I
>don't know if I have the will power. ;)

Oh, if I had the test in the house, no way could I wait to use it!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Joybelle
September 24th 04, 12:06 AM
"Helen" > wrote in message
. uk...
> I kind of knew last time, although this time as it was only 10 weeks and
> one period since I had a baby I sort of thought it was just my body
sorting
> itself out after having a baby.

I can imagine. Congratulations, by the way! I'm still breastfeeding my 18
month old, and I've only had 3-4 regular periods, so I suppose I could still
just be messed up.

> please do the test and put us out of our misery!!!
>
> I'm with Nikki I have no willpower :-)

I think I'm gonna tomorrow! I want to do it RIGHT NOW, but I think I have
more of a chance of having an accurate test if I wait for morning.

> Helen the Midwife

Are you home birth midwife? Just been wondering since I saw it in your sig.
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Joybelle
September 24th 04, 12:13 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> >Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?
>
> More like, I have signs that could be pregnancy related and know that I'm
NOT.
> So I guess that translates into yes, I have always known when I am. :-)

Hmmm, that makes sense! I know what you are saying. I probably should wait
to test next week just because I know the test would be more accurate, but I
don't know if I have the will power. ;)

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Jill
September 24th 04, 01:08 AM
"Joybelle" > wrote
That sounds
> like a lot of tests! :) Did all the tests show faint positives after 12
> hours? When was the earliest you took one that showed positive?
> --
> Joy

I kept saying that I KNEW I had to be pregnant. I used I think the EPT brand
that says you can take it up to 3 days before your period is due. I think
truthfully, I took 4 tests, I bought 2 boxes of them. I know I took the
first two too early so I made myself wait until about 3 days before I
thought my period would be due. I took that 3rd one at night and just forgot
about it. When I went to the bathroom in the morning, I glanced at it again
on top of the trash bin, and looked twice-- that's when I noticed a faint
line. I really though it was because it had been so long but just in case I
decided to take one more test, and it was very clearly a positive, that
soon-- it went literally from the night before, after the 4 minutes or
whatever time the box said to wait for results showing negative, to showing
a positive the very next day, same test. Also, I took it at night and the
positive one was taken earlier and that probably made a difference too. Then
I was in such shock-- I mean we planned it, but had just started, and I
thought, what have I gotten myself into?? lol!

Joybelle
September 24th 04, 01:19 AM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> > I probably should wait
> >to test next week just because I know the test would be more accurate,
but I
> >don't know if I have the will power. ;)
>
> Oh, if I had the test in the house, no way could I wait to use it!

That seems to be a trend 'round here. :) I made it through all of today,
but I could only cope by being on the net looking up stuff about symptoms,
due dates, etc. I can make it to tomorrow, I think. I want to make sure
I'm not testing too early! I was going to wait to test on Monday, but I've
been going crazy all day.
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Joybelle
September 24th 04, 01:25 AM
"Jill" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Joybelle" > wrote
> > Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?
>
> Yes. Based on the dates we later got, I "knew" because I had a feeling,
when
> I could only have been like 10-14 days pregnant. I told someone at work
> because I asked them if I could be pregnant if the test came back
negative-
> well, what I meant was, if I just conceived so recently would I possibly
> "feel" pregnant and feel nauseous? One day at work my face was just
> absolutely green and I spent the day running for the bathroom to throw up.
> Tests were negative but I bought them in bulk and literally it was like
> negative, negative, negative that was left on the back of the toilet and
> showed faint positive after 12 hours, positive. (Taking one test a day).
It
> was weird (but then I went on to be nauseous the entire pregnancy so it
> makes me think it really wasn't in my head). Pregnancy nausea is a
different
> kind if nausea than just plain old nausea.

Oh, nausea, I don't think is in the head. eesh... my second pregnancy I
thought I was free and clear, and then I hit 8 weeks, and I was miserable.
I was nauseated to the day I delivered. I remember the next day after I had
my daughter thinking that it felt so odd, and WONDERFUL, not to be
nauseated. Just like that I could drink water again and not feel like
hurling for a half hour. I've never tested like you, though... That sounds
like a lot of tests! :) Did all the tests show faint positives after 12
hours? When was the earliest you took one that showed positive?
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Joybelle
September 24th 04, 01:36 AM
"Helen" > wrote in message
. uk...
> its possible your system could be messed up but you probably 'know'. Have
> say even though it is embarrassing I was a little 'surprised my colleagues
> are having a field day part of our job is to advise women when they leave
> hospital that it is possible to get pregnant very quickly!!

Well, my last cycle was a little off. I got a normal period Aug 17-23 and
then on the 28th I started spotting for 3 days, heavy for 3 days, spot again
for about 3 days, so I know I was screwed up somehow. Hubby and I had a
condom not perform, and it happened at a time I was seeing lots of fertile
signs.... craziness.

I bet your colleagues are having a little fun at your expense, huh?!

> probably good to do the test in the morning I will watch and wait for the
> results!!

I'm gonna have to watch a movie or something tonight, so I have something
else to think about.

> I'm a hospital based midwife, I work in a large teaching hospital in a
city
> so loads of different and interesting experiences not much shocks or
> surprises me now. I have done a few home births and I love them, they are
so
> relaxed and much more woman centred, I think women have so much more
> control, because as midwives we are guests in their homes, just a personal
> view. I do love the variety in hospital thought.

I have had one baby in the hospital and two at home. Though the labors were
difficult, I love the homebirths. I am a birth junkie, and I've been told I
should become a midwife by a couple of people, but I don't know if that is
my "calling" so to speak. I would love to be involved in some births,
though. :) I have two sisters and just found out they were both pregnant a
week ago. Both due in May! One sister wants me there with her, and I'm
seriously considering it. Even if I am largely pregnant. :)

> I am fortunate to have a fabulous midwife who I have never worked with.

Will you be delivering in the hospital or at home? It is wonderful when you
find someone you know you are going to love laboring with. :)
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Irrational Number
September 24th 04, 03:50 AM
Joybelle wrote:
> I'm suffering greatly... I think I might make it until tomorrow, but I was
> going to try and make it til Monday.

I'm going to try to wait until Monday! ;)
I have the box with two in it... It's beckoning
to me.

-- Anita --

Irrational Number
September 24th 04, 03:54 AM
Jill wrote:

> [...] I took that 3rd one at night and just forgot
> about it. When I went to the bathroom in the morning, I glanced at it again
> on top of the trash bin, and looked twice-- that's when I noticed a faint
> line.

I know you were pregnant, but in general,
the test results are not reliable after
the time they tell you to look. I think
that a line after a few hours, and especially
the next day, does not mean anything.

-- Anita --

Joybelle
September 24th 04, 02:43 PM
"Irrational Number" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Joybelle wrote:
> > I'm suffering greatly... I think I might make it until tomorrow, but I
was
> > going to try and make it til Monday.
>
> I'm going to try to wait until Monday! ;)
> I have the box with two in it... It's beckoning
> to me.

Waaah.... I didn't make it. :( And it was negative. I still have hope as I
am thinking it is too early. I also had a dream last night that I took a
test and the line was super faint, but it was there. Good luck waiting till
Monday! Fingers crossed for positive results for you. :)

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Not My Real Name
September 24th 04, 03:39 PM
> Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?

Yes. Both times. Both times I just *knew* several days before I could test
that I was. I waited until first thing in the morning 13 dpo both times to
test, figuring it'd be likely to show + by then. Both times, the test was
clearly negative after the 1 or 2 minutes you're supposed to wait. I was
heartbroken and just couldn't believe my intuition was wrong, especially the
second time. Both times I put the test away and hopped in the shower, only
to examine the test ten minutes later -- to find, both times, a very very
faint second line that I could barely see. And both times the pg was
solidly confirmed that day by a blood test and a few weeks later by a
sonogram. One of those faint lines is now a lovely 2 1/2 year old, and the
other is her baby brother or sister. :) So hang in there!

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

Jamie Clark
September 24th 04, 05:52 PM
"Irrational Number" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Jill wrote:
>
>> [...] I took that 3rd one at night and just forgot
>> about it. When I went to the bathroom in the morning, I glanced at it
>> again
>> on top of the trash bin, and looked twice-- that's when I noticed a faint
>> line.
>
> I know you were pregnant, but in general,
> the test results are not reliable after
> the time they tell you to look. I think
> that a line after a few hours, and especially
> the next day, does not mean anything.
>
> -- Anita --

That's only true for SOME tests though. Other tests do not specify any time
limit.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Not My Real Name
September 24th 04, 11:03 PM
"Joybelle" > wrote in message

> "Not My Real Name" > wrote in message
>> > Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?
>>
>> Yes. Both times. Both times I just *knew* several days before I could
> test
>> that I was. I waited until first thing in the morning 13 dpo both times
>> test, figuring it'd be likely to show + by then. Both times, the test
>> was
>> clearly negative after the 1 or 2 minutes you're supposed to wait. I was
>> heartbroken and just couldn't believe my intuition was wrong, especially
> the
>> second time. Both times I put the test away and hopped in the shower,
> only
>> to examine the test ten minutes later -- to find, both times, a very very
>> faint second line that I could barely see. And both times the pg was
>> solidly confirmed that day by a blood test and a few weeks later by a
>> sonogram. One of those faint lines is now a lovely 2 1/2 year old, and
> the
>> other is her baby brother or sister. :) So hang in there!
>

> With my last baby I was certain I was pg, and I tested negative. So, I
> didn't test again until about 2 weeks later, and that was a pretty faint
> positive. But I was definitely pregnant enough the first time that it
> should have been a positive the first time.

It really varies woman to woman, I think. Even if you're definitely pg, it
doesn't necessarily mean that your urine in particular shows enough hCG to
register strongly positive on a test. I have no doubt that if I had tested
at 10 or 12 dpo that my tests would have been clearly negative. Even this
time, with a blood hCG level of 60-something at 13 dpo, there was barely
enough in my urine to produce a faint positive.

> Have you ever just "known" and been wrong?

Not quite the same way as when I was right. I've suspected it or thought it
seemed possible a few times, but I've never been as shocked to see a
negative as the two times when I was pg and was completely flabbergasted to
see just one line on the test.

> I love your story, though. I
> imagine you were elated to discover your positives after your shower. :)

Quite! Rubbing my eyes and looking very closely at the test, but quite
elated! With the first pg, DH had already left for work, so I waited to
tell him until he came home, after I had gotten the blood test and results
of that. This time, he was still getting ready for work, so I walked out of
the bathroom as he was walking into the bedroom, and I showed him the
still-faint-but-definitely-there second line. He was still not quite awake,
but he was happy too. :)

> just keep feeling, well, I guess I'll just test next week and get my
> positive then. I just feel so certain. Sigh... I just need a major dose
> of
> patience. :) I don't think I've ever been this anxious about finding out.

Good luck!

--
-Sara:)
Mommy to DD, 2 1/2

emilymr
September 24th 04, 11:35 PM
I had a pretty strong feeling (make that a pretty scared feeling!! haha) --
and in fact, I actually made the student health center give me a pregnancy
test when I went in for something else. The test came out negative... but
after 2 more weeks of no period -- and a wine tasting trip :O -- I decided
I should probably do my own HPT. The double line showed up in about 3
seconds, and is still visible today, 7 months later!!! I don't know what
happened in that first test; I must have ovulated late that month.

So I hope it works out for you, Joy!

Em
baby boy, due Nov. 18

Joybelle
September 24th 04, 11:56 PM
"Jill" > wrote in message
. com...
> "Joybelle" > wrote
> That sounds
> > like a lot of tests! :) Did all the tests show faint positives after 12
> > hours? When was the earliest you took one that showed positive?
> > --
> > Joy
>
> I kept saying that I KNEW I had to be pregnant. I used I think the EPT
brand
> that says you can take it up to 3 days before your period is due. I think
> truthfully, I took 4 tests, I bought 2 boxes of them. I know I took the
> first two too early so I made myself wait until about 3 days before I
> thought my period would be due. I took that 3rd one at night and just
forgot
> about it. When I went to the bathroom in the morning, I glanced at it
again
> on top of the trash bin, and looked twice-- that's when I noticed a faint
> line. I really though it was because it had been so long but just in case
> decided to take one more test, and it was very clearly a positive, that
> soon-- it went literally from the night before, after the 4 minutes or
> whatever time the box said to wait for results showing negative, to
showing
> a positive the very next day, same test. Also, I took it at night and the
> positive one was taken earlier and that probably made a difference too.
Then
> I was in such shock-- I mean we planned it, but had just started, and I
> thought, what have I gotten myself into?? lol!

I think I've had that jolt, that Whoa, what am I thinking??? each time even
though I really, really, really wanted to be pg.

I took an equate test, which is still negative. :( I'm really hoping it was
just too early. I'm going to try and wait a week. I just have this
"feeling", but perhaps I'm way off base. I even had a dream last night, and
it seemed so real. I dreamed I took the test, and it was faintly positive.
I was so excited. Of course, it has been on my mind like crazy! I'm so
tempted to buy a double pack on Monday, and test Tuesday and Friday if AF
doesn't make an appearance. It'll drive my hubby nuts, lol, because he
thinks why bother, just wait. Oh, well, he'll live!

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Joybelle
September 25th 04, 12:02 AM
"Not My Real Name" > wrote in message
> > Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?
>
> Yes. Both times. Both times I just *knew* several days before I could
test
> that I was. I waited until first thing in the morning 13 dpo both times
> test, figuring it'd be likely to show + by then. Both times, the test was
> clearly negative after the 1 or 2 minutes you're supposed to wait. I was
> heartbroken and just couldn't believe my intuition was wrong, especially
the
> second time. Both times I put the test away and hopped in the shower,
only
> to examine the test ten minutes later -- to find, both times, a very very
> faint second line that I could barely see. And both times the pg was
> solidly confirmed that day by a blood test and a few weeks later by a
> sonogram. One of those faint lines is now a lovely 2 1/2 year old, and
the
> other is her baby brother or sister. :) So hang in there!

With my last baby I was certain I was pg, and I tested negative. So, I
didn't test again until about 2 weeks later, and that was a pretty faint
positive. But I was definitely pregnant enough the first time that it
should have been a positive the first time.

Have you ever just "known" and been wrong? I love your story, though. I
imagine you were elated to discover your positives after your shower. :) I
just keep feeling, well, I guess I'll just test next week and get my
positive then. I just feel so certain. Sigh... I just need a major dose of
patience. :) I don't think I've ever been this anxious about finding out.
--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Jamie Clark
September 25th 04, 01:53 AM
Joy,
When is your period actually due? If you can, wait to test until that
day -- then you should be able to trust the results, negative or positive --
especially if it's a sensitive test. Hugs and good luck.
--
Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Cathy
September 25th 04, 02:16 AM
Joybelle wrote:

> Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?

Yep, first time I just knew. And that was 4 days after we BD'ed. This time,
I did 2 tests, one on a Friday (-ve) and the 2nd on the following Monday
(faint +ve). I still didn't believe and ended up having 2 lots of blood
tests, just to confirm.

Good luck,
Cathy
DD 8 Jan o3
EDD 8 Dec 04

Joybelle
September 26th 04, 05:34 AM
"emilymr" <emily@xxxxxx> wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
> I had a pretty strong feeling (make that a pretty scared feeling!!
haha) --
> and in fact, I actually made the student health center give me a pregnancy
> test when I went in for something else. The test came out negative... but
> after 2 more weeks of no period -- and a wine tasting trip :O -- I decided
> I should probably do my own HPT. The double line showed up in about 3
> seconds, and is still visible today, 7 months later!!! I don't know what
> happened in that first test; I must have ovulated late that month.

Interesting! I had something similar to this happen with my last pregnancy.
I took a test, and it should have been a positive because I didn't test too
early. Two weeks later I had my positive, and I was confused about my
dates.

I know that scared feeling. :)

> So I hope it works out for you, Joy!

Thanks, Em! Me, too. I keep referring to "this" pregnancy and when "this"
baby comes. It's weird, but I'm talkin' like it's a sure thing...

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Joybelle
September 26th 04, 05:39 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
> Joy,
> When is your period actually due? If you can, wait to test until that
> day -- then you should be able to trust the results, negative or
positive --
> especially if it's a sensitive test. Hugs and good luck.

Thank you, Jamie!

Well, that's the weird thing. In August I had a normal period (17-23) and
then I had some funky spotting (28-9/4). If I follow the "normal" period I
was due last week, but if all that spotting stuff was another period then
Monday or Tuesday should be when I get it. I'm not really sure, though I
think if I read the ovulation signs right I definitely tested too early and
will more likely have an accurate result next week. I got too impatient when
I should have just waited it out. My hubby is laughing at me and telling me
I can't buy another test since I wasted that one...lol

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Joybelle
September 26th 04, 05:43 AM
"Cathy" > wrote in message
> Joybelle wrote:
>
> > Did you ever just "know" you were pregnant and were?
>
> Yep, first time I just knew. And that was 4 days after we BD'ed. This
time,
> I did 2 tests, one on a Friday (-ve) and the 2nd on the following Monday
> (faint +ve). I still didn't believe and ended up having 2 lots of blood
> tests, just to confirm.

I've never "known" so soon! Pretty much the day it happened I felt like,
"oh, boy, this is going to be a baby". That feeling has only solidified.
I'm getting anxious to have it confirmed, but I know I just need to wait. :)
Perhaps I'm way off base, too. I guess I'll find out!

It sounds like you had two very different experiences. :)

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01