PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's accuser pregnant

Jon
September 24th 04, 03:10 AM
Saw this in another newsgroup. Thought it was on topic here.

http://www.fratpack.com/article-main.php?id=34

In a story scheduled to hit news stands tomorrow its reported by David
Thompson as follows: KOBE BRYANT'S rape accuser, Katelyn Faber, is
pregnant, a family insider tells GLOBE in a world exclusive. And Faber's
pregnancy may have played a key part in her decision to tell prosecutors she
couldn't face a trial in which her sex life would be paraded before a jury,
says a source who knows her well.

The unmarried 20-year-old learned she was pregnant with her lover's
baby the day before prosecutors announced they were dropping their costly,
high-profile case against the NBA superstar, the family insider claims.
After 14 months of legal fireworks, prosecutors bowed out Sept. 1, just days
before the trial was set to begin. GLOBE's highly reliable source of the
latest blockbuster revelation in the Kobe saga agreed to submit to a
polygraph examination and passed with flying colors.

Click here for actual Globe Article that will be on new stands tomorrow:
Article

'Unexpected' - At least two months pregnant, Faber is due around April,
says the insider. She learned about the baby accidentally after undergoing
emergency room tests for abdominal pains, the insider adds. The father is
believed to be a man Faber met at a Florida rehab facility, where she was
being treated for cocaine addiction, says the source. Bryant's accuser
believes she has kicked the habit and is now clean and in love, say close
sources.

"Katelyn is really looking forward to becoming a mom," says the
insider. "The pregnancy was completely unexpected, but she says she wants
to go ahead with it anyway." At times, she's apprehensive about the whole
thing and is maybe a little scared at the prospect because she's so young
and inexperienced. "But she says she's determined to keep the child. At
this point in her life and with everything that's been going on with her,
she wants stability more than anything in the world. She thinks that having
a family will give her the stability she needs."

An insider close to Faber says, "Common sense says her pregnancy must
have had something to do with the criminal trial ending." It's just too
much of a coincidence that she found out she was pregnant and then wasn't
willing to assist the prosecution.

Her lawyers blamed her decision to quit on the accidental leaking of
court documents and the stress of the case, but the pregnancy must be the
real reason. "She's already said she's happy that she doesn't have to give
testimony in a criminal trial."

Faber's decision to file a civil suit against Bryant ultimately
sabotaged prosecutors because Bryant's defense lawyers could claim that her
motive was profit along. Faber and her lover have been talking marriage and
are looking to tie the knot before the end of the year, says the family
insider. "Katelyn seems to have found her match," says the insider. "They're
so cuddly and cute with each other."

Katelyn doesn't want it to be a big wedding, but she's a traditional
girl and would like to be married before the baby is born. "She has always
been looking for someone to take care of her. She thinks he is the right
person to do that." For now, the lovebirds are renting an apartment just a
short drive from the rehab facility where they first met.

"Katelyn is happy to settle down and raise kids," says the insider.
"Hopefully, she'll now have the stability in her life that she's craving."
Perhaps she didn't know what she was getting herself into when she accused
Kobe of rape - but let's hope she knows what's involved with being a mom and
raising a child."

September 24th 04, 05:53 PM
"Katelyn is really looking forward to becoming a mom,"
and "having a child will give her the stability she needs."

What a frigging idiot. I feel sorry for the child if this story is true.

(sheesh)

b.

The DaveŠ
September 24th 04, 06:41 PM
> > wrote:
> "Katelyn is really looking forward to becoming a mom,"
> and "having a child will give her the stability she needs."
>
> What a frigging idiot. I feel sorry for the child if this story is
> true.
>
> (sheesh)

No kidding. Stability comes from within.

--
If Illinois is the "Land of Lincoln", what were they before the Civil
War?