PDA

View Full Version : Possible Situation...

Jamie Clark
September 24th 04, 02:49 AM
Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on our
hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind situation,
starting yesterday. Here's the backstory....

This pbm was matched with a friend of mine for several months. My friend
found out she was pregnant about a month ago and regretfully unmatched with
this pbm. My friend e-mailed me last week to tell me the great news that
she was 13 weeks pregnant. I gave her all the congrats and whoopla, then
asked about the pbm that they had been working with. (I figure it never
hurts to ask... : ) ). My friend told me that she thought that the pbm was
matched and due any day. I figured that was the end of it.

Yesterday morning, I had an e-mail from my friend, telling me that the pbm
wasn't matched, and what was my toll free number. I e-mailed back and forth
with my friend, and got a few basic facts -- was the pbm tied to the
attorney that my friend had been using (which would likely entail lots more
money than we were willing to spend -- answer, No), what the race of the pbm
and pbf was (Irish/Italian), and how much financial assistance they were
needing. My friend has nothing but great things to say about the pbm, and
the pbm has nothing but great things to say about my friend and her dh.
It's a love-fest all around. The pbm has talked to another agency and seen
a few other profiles, but hasn't felt a connection to another set of
adoptive parents yet. Since my friend recommended us to the pbm, she
already has warm fuzzy feelings for us, and basically vise versa.

We're still in negotiations about financial issues, since the pbm needs
support, and really trying to make sure that we can make this work. But
it's looking VERY good. I talked to the pbm yesterday and gave her the
information for IAC. About an hour later IAC called me to tell me that
they'd talked to her, and we discussed the situation. They feel that this
is a good situation, and that the pbm is very motivated to place. Then
about an hour after that, the pbm called me back to tell me she'd talked to
IAC. So she seems very motivated and is following through, which is huge.
She lives in Las Vegas (funny, huh? We're planning on being in Vegas in
mid-October -- my husband won a trip through work, which we may now have to
cancel!), and as I said, is due tomorrow with a girl.

I'm trying to arrange a time to call her when Rob is here, so we can both
talk to her, and he can get a chance to say hello and get to know her.
We're thinking of going out to Las Vegas this weekend to meet them in
person, as a show of good faith and commitment. I think IAC is considering
us matched as they are wanting their fees ; ), but we don't show up as
matched on the website yet. Our best friends parents live in Las Vegas, so
I called them this afternoon and told them what was going on, and asked if
we could possibly stay with them this weekend, if we come out (they said OF
COURSE) and sometime in the next two weeks, for up to two weeks, after the
baby is born. So we're making plans in case this really happens.

So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details, but
all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in your
thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it goes
without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be it.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Nancy P.
September 24th 04, 02:52 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
> Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on our
> hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
> little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind situation,
> starting yesterday. Here's the backstory....

Oh wow, good luck! I'll be pulling for you.

Nancy

A&G&K&H
September 24th 04, 02:59 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
> Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on our
> hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
> little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind situation,
> starting yesterday. >
snip

Ohhhh - I've got goosebumps ... how exciting :)
Amanda ... everything crossed for you.

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

ModernMiko
September 24th 04, 03:08 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
> Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on our
> hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
> little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind situation,
> starting yesterday. Here's the backstory....
*snip*
> So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details,
but
> all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in your
> thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it goes
> without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be it.
> --
>
> Jamie & Taylor
> Earth Angel, 1/3/03
>
> Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
> Password: Guest
> Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID and
> Password
>
> Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Wow! What a whirlwind!!! I'll keep your family in my prayers.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

cara
September 24th 04, 03:22 AM
Jamie Clark wrote:

>Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on our
>hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
>little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind situation,
>starting yesterday. Here's the backstory....
>
>So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details, but
>all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in your
>thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it goes
>without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be it.

Awesome news!! I hope everything works out. Taylor might be a big
sister soon, how fun. Keep us posted...

cara

Jenrose
September 24th 04, 03:27 AM
> IAC. So she seems very motivated and is following through, which is huge.
> She lives in Las Vegas (funny, huh? We're planning on being in Vegas in
> mid-October -- my husband won a trip through work, which we may now have
> to cancel!), and as I said, is due tomorrow with a girl.

It's like packing an entire pregnancy into a few hours or days, isn't it?...
I remember getting a call to come pick up my foster son at the hospital--I
asked, "When". They said, "How about four this afternoon?"

That was at 1 pm... amazing how fast those kiddos can drop into our lives...

Jenrose

Em
September 24th 04, 03:52 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
> Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on
our
> hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
> little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind
situation,
> starting yesterday. Here's the backstory....
<snip>

Wow. I'm feeling really thrilled for you as I read your message--I'm
getting good "vibes" about it and I will keep you in my thoughts. How
exciting! I know you have been working toward this for a while, but how
wonderful to have it suddenly be thisclose!

--
Em
mama to L-baby--just turned one year old!

karlisa
September 24th 04, 03:56 AM
Oh, Jamie, how exciting!!!!!! This sounds similar to when Mick came into
our lives, although Mick's bmom wasn't due to have him until 2 months later!
It just suddenly "happened" I'm pulling for you and your family that this
is the match you've been waiting for!!! :-))

Please keep us posted!

lisa
micksmom
26 months old
baby boy 2 due 2-7-05

> [...]
> we could possibly stay with them this weekend, if we come out (they said
OF
> COURSE) and sometime in the next two weeks, for up to two weeks, after the
> baby is born. So we're making plans in case this really happens.
>
> So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details,
but
> all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in your
> thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it goes
> without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be it.
> --
>
> Jamie & Taylor
> Earth Angel, 1/3/03
>
> Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
> Password: Guest
> Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID and

Unadulterated Me
September 24th 04, 03:59 AM
Jamie Clark wrote:

> So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details, but
> all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in your
> thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it goes
> without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be it.

How exciting!!
Fingers, toes, eyes and anything I can cross are crossed for you :-)

Andrea

Vicky Bilaniuk
September 24th 04, 04:26 AM
Jamie Clark wrote:

> We're still working on ironing out some details, but
> all in all, this looks like it's going to happen.

Yay! I'm so very happy for you! I hope it all gets finalized for you soon.

Kelly
September 24th 04, 06:56 AM
Oh that is just so exciting. I can feel your joy and excitement!

Kelly

> [...]
> we could possibly stay with them this weekend, if we come out (they said
OF
> COURSE) and sometime in the next two weeks, for up to two weeks, after the
> baby is born. So we're making plans in case this really happens.
>
> So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details,
but
> all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in your
> thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it goes
> without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be it.
> --
>
> Jamie & Taylor
> Earth Angel, 1/3/03
>
> Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
> Password: Guest
> Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID and

Amy
September 24th 04, 10:38 AM
Oh wow! This could be a short pregnancy for you! ;-)
Keeping you all in my thoughts, and hoping all goes well.

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

> [...]
> we could possibly stay with them this weekend, if we come out (they said
OF
> COURSE) and sometime in the next two weeks, for up to two weeks, after the
> baby is born. So we're making plans in case this really happens.
>
> So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details,
but
> all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in your
> thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it goes
> without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be it.
> --
>
> Jamie & Taylor
> Earth Angel, 1/3/03
>
> Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
> Password: Guest
> Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID and

Anne Rogers
September 24th 04, 11:23 AM
yike, I hope this works out for you and you have a baby in your arms soon

Mamma Mia
September 24th 04, 02:27 PM
> [...]
> on, and asked if we could possibly stay with them this weekend, if we come
> out (they said OF COURSE) and sometime in the next two weeks, for up to
> two weeks, after the baby is born. So we're making plans in case this
> really happens.
>
> So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details,
> but all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in
> your thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it
> goes without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be
> it.
> --
>
> Jamie & Taylor
> Earth Angel, 1/3/03
>
> Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
> Password: Guest
> Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID and

oh wow. good luck! fingers crossed

christine in oz

Joybelle
September 24th 04, 04:17 PM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
> Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on our
> hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
> little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind situation,
> starting yesterday. Here's the backstory....

How exciting, Jamie!! I hope everything works out perfectly. :)

--
Joy

Rose 1-30-99
Iris 2-28-01
Spencer 3-12-03

Jamie Clark
September 24th 04, 05:55 PM
Well, we talked to her again last night, and we're flying out this weekend
(tomorrow) to meet her and her family. Keep us in your continued thoughts!
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Sophie
September 24th 04, 06:01 PM
"A&G&K&H" > wrote in message

> "Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
> > Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on
our
> > hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
> > little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind situation,
> > starting yesterday. >
> snip
>
> Ohhhh - I've got goosebumps ... how exciting :)
> Amanda ... everything crossed for you.
>
> --
> DD 15th August 2002
> 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
> DS 20th August 2004

It made me all teary-eyed!

Good luck Jamie :)

Bryna729
September 24th 04, 06:26 PM
>Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on our
>hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
>little girl.

Good luck, Jamie! I'm so excited for you guys -- hope it all works out!

Be well,

Bryna
Mommy to Yosef, 3
& Temima, 1

Zannah
September 24th 04, 07:07 PM
How exciting! Fingers crossed for you.

Zannah.

In article >,
"Jamie Clark" > wrote:

> [...]
> We're thinking of going out to Las Vegas this weekend to meet them in
> person, as a show of good faith and commitment. I think IAC is considering
> us matched as they are wanting their fees ; ), but we don't show up as
> matched on the website yet. Our best friends parents live in Las Vegas, so
> I called them this afternoon and told them what was going on, and asked if
> we could possibly stay with them this weekend, if we come out (they said OF
> COURSE) and sometime in the next two weeks, for up to two weeks, after the
> baby is born. So we're making plans in case this really happens.
>
> So, that's the scoop. We're still working on ironing out some details, but
> all in all, this looks like it's going to happen. Please keep me in your
> thoughts and prayers. If this is meant to happen, then I hope it goes
> without any major hitches. If this isn't meant to happen, then so be it.

September 24th 04, 08:11 PM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in
> Well, we talked to her again last night, and we're flying out this
weekend
> (tomorrow) to meet her and her family. Keep us in your continued
thoughts!

Ooh, Jamie! I'm getting happy chills for you! Do you have names in mind
in case this is the real deal?

Continued good thoughts coming your way!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, who just turned one year old!

Jill
September 24th 04, 09:02 PM
Good luck Jamie! You already have one little beauty, here's hoping you have
another soon. Keep us updated, how exciting!

Jill

Cam & Shane
September 24th 04, 11:38 PM
Oh my!! I've got tears in my eyes. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Travel safe.

Camille & Aiden

---

Jamie Clark
September 25th 04, 01:12 AM
"Sophie" > wrote in message

> "A&G&K&H" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
>> > Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on
> our
>> > hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
>> > little girl. She lives in Las Vegas. It's been a whirlwind situation,
>> > starting yesterday. >
>> snip
>>
>> Ohhhh - I've got goosebumps ... how exciting :)
>> Amanda ... everything crossed for you.
>>
>> --
>> DD 15th August 2002
>> 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
>> DS 20th August 2004
>
> It made me all teary-eyed!
>
> Good luck Jamie :)

Thanks Sophie. And just for the record, if this goes through, you were
right again ; )
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Jamie Clark
September 25th 04, 01:14 AM
"Em" > wrote in message
> "Jamie Clark" > wrote in
>> Well, we talked to her again last night, and we're flying out this
> weekend
>> (tomorrow) to meet her and her family. Keep us in your continued
> thoughts!
>
> Ooh, Jamie! I'm getting happy chills for you! Do you have names in mind
> in case this is the real deal?
>
> Continued good thoughts coming your way!
>
> --
> Em
> mama to L-baby, who just turned one year old!

We'll, she's been told it's a girl, but we have names for both. Our top
contender girl name is Addison Grace, Addy for short. A boy would be a
surprise, and would be named Mason Perle (family name). We haven't
discussed names yet with the pbm, so don't know if she wants to chose a name
or be involved in the naming process at all. She seems very laid back and
willing to do whatever is necessary to make this happen, so I don't see her
having much input about the name.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

shixa
September 25th 04, 01:28 AM
Oooh how exciting...

Good luck!

Carla
Mom to Victor Paul born 5.16.04
www.victorpictures.com <--See him here!

Donna Metler
September 25th 04, 01:30 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message
> "Sophie" > wrote in message

> > our
> >> snip
> >>
> >> Ohhhh - I've got goosebumps ... how exciting :)
> >> Amanda ... everything crossed for you.
> >>
> >> --
> >> DD 15th August 2002
> >> 1 tiny angel Nov 2003
> >> DS 20th August 2004
> >
> > It made me all teary-eyed!
> >
> > Good luck Jamie :)
>

> Thanks Sophie. And just for the record, if this goes through, you were
> right again ; )
> --
Oh wow!!! I hope it works out!!

> Jamie & Taylor
> Earth Angel, 1/3/03
>
> Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
> Password: Guest
> Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID and
> Password
>
> Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Vicky Bilaniuk
September 25th 04, 02:22 AM
Jamie Clark wrote:

> Well, we talked to her again last night, and we're flying out this weekend
> (tomorrow) to meet her and her family. Keep us in your continued thoughts!

Lookin' better and better! :-)

Elle
September 25th 04, 03:42 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message >...
> Well, I finally have something to report! We may have a situation on our
> hands here...we're talking with a pbm who is due tomorrow (!!!) with a
> little girl.

Oh my goodness! I hope everything goes smoothly for you all.

Elle

Irene
September 25th 04, 04:59 AM
"Jamie Clark" > wrote in message >...
> Well, we talked to her again last night, and we're flying out this weekend
> (tomorrow) to meet her and her family. Keep us in your continued thoughts!
> --

How exciting!!! I hope to hear good news from you soon!

Irene