PDA

View Full Version : question for mothers of twins

Viper
September 24th 04, 06:58 AM
How do you transport your babies around when they were first born? I'm 35
weeks pregnant with twins and will be having them within the next week. I
have an older dd who is three. I can not see myself carrying two car seats
and holding hands with a toddler. Stroller is not really an option cause
winter is coming soon and seems more of a bother then it's worth. I've been
looking a slings and pouches but can not find any good information on using
them for twins. Do I have to buy two slings? What are your experiences?

Tennille
Mommy to Faith 06/27/01
edd twins 10/26/04 c-section booked for next week.

Unadulterated Me
September 24th 04, 08:28 AM
Viper wrote:
> How do you transport your babies around when they were first born? I'm 35
> weeks pregnant with twins and will be having them within the next week. I
> have an older dd who is three. I can not see myself carrying two car seats
> and holding hands with a toddler. Stroller is not really an option cause
> winter is coming soon and seems more of a bother then it's worth. I've been
> looking a slings and pouches but can not find any good information on using
> them for twins. Do I have to buy two slings? What are your experiences?
>
> Tennille
> Mommy to Faith 06/27/01
> edd twins 10/26/04 c-section booked for next week.

Double mountain buggy when out, and just carried them in arms at home or
at Playcentre or whatever. I pretty much avoided taking them out full
stop as it was to much hassle and would schedule appointments and
errands when dh was available to be home.
I never used slings or front packs, I'm not terrible into them. I had a
two year old and a three year old when they were newborns and had this
little seat that attached to the front of my double buggy so my two year
old could sit there and the three year old would just hold on to the
side of the buggy.
Since your having a c/section you may find slinging two babies a bit
much in the first 6 weeks so you might want to consider one at a time to
start with.

Andrea

Leigh Menconi
September 24th 04, 03:45 PM
My older son was 4 when the twins were born and he liked to help with the
twins. For times when I was carrying both car seats into an appointment
(rather than strapping them into the stroller), I'd have him hold onto the
other side of the handle of the carrier rather than hold my hand directly.
Effusive praise for what a great big brother he was seemed to be a great
incentive to *be* a helpful brother.

Leigh

"Viper" > wrote in message
> How do you transport your babies around when they were first born? I'm 35
> weeks pregnant with twins and will be having them within the next week. I
> have an older dd who is three. I can not see myself carrying two car seats
> and holding hands with a toddler. Stroller is not really an option cause
> winter is coming soon and seems more of a bother then it's worth. I've
> been
> looking a slings and pouches but can not find any good information on
> using
> them for twins. Do I have to buy two slings? What are your experiences?
>
> Tennille
> Mommy to Faith 06/27/01
> edd twins 10/26/04 c-section booked for next week.

toypup
September 24th 04, 09:54 PM
"Viper" > wrote in message
> How do you transport your babies around when they were first born? I'm 35
> weeks pregnant with twins and will be having them within the next week. I
> have an older dd who is three. I can not see myself carrying two car seats
> and holding hands with a toddler. Stroller is not really an option cause
> winter is coming soon and seems more of a bother then it's worth. I've
> been
> looking a slings and pouches but can not find any good information on
> using
> them for twins. Do I have to buy two slings? What are your experiences?

No experience, but I've seen those triplet strollers at BRU.

H Schinske
September 26th 04, 12:34 AM
Andrea wrote:

>Since your having a c/section you may find slinging two babies a bit
>much in the first 6 weeks so you might want to consider one at a time to
>start with.

I was never able to put both in slings at once. My husband did it once or
twice.

I don't get why the stroller wouldn't be wanted anyway -- surely you'd use it
for more than one year? My twins were in a stroller quite a lot even at three.

--Helen

Viper
September 26th 04, 07:53 PM
">
> I don't get why the stroller wouldn't be wanted anyway -- surely you'd use
it
> for more than one year? My twins were in a stroller quite a lot even at
three.

> --Helen

it's not that a stroller isn't wanted, but with winter so close and them
being so small it just seems like more of a hassel.