PDA

View Full Version : Liquid filled teethers

ChitaShines
September 25th 04, 01:13 PM
I've read that these aren't real safe because the liquid contains a
dangerous chemical. Is this true? Should I be using non-liquid filled
teethers?

Shena Delian O'Brien
September 25th 04, 01:22 PM
ChitaShines wrote:

> I've read that these aren't real safe because the liquid contains a
> dangerous chemical. Is this true? Should I be using non-liquid filled
> teethers?

Yes, all teethers contain the same liquid.

No, seriously. Read the package. Most liquid teethers say they contain
distilled water in case of puncture and are perfectly safe.

If you're really worried though you can get the all-gel types.

Carol Ann
September 25th 04, 08:45 PM
: I've read that these aren't real safe because the liquid contains a
: dangerous chemical. Is this true? Should I be using non-liquid filled
: teethers?

I doubt they would make unsafe ones, but you just never know. I only use
the distilled water ones. My goodness, some of them are flimsy! I would
skip the cheaper ones that are made with thin plastic. Morgan broke hers
within 5 minutes.

--
~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04

Beach mum
September 26th 04, 11:02 PM
Nope. Ours are filled with distilled water and are in the freezer. They
could break, but they haven't yet. According to my friend who works for
Munchkin (the baby products manufacturer) you're not supposed to put them in
the freezer because if they burst the edge 'might' be sharp. However, she
said that they test them in the freezer and the expansion of the water
itself doesn't break them.

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

"KR" > wrote in message
> You can get some filled with distilled water, you just have to keep them
> in
> the fridge rather then the freezer.
>
> KR
>
> "ChitaShines" > wrote in message
> . com...
>> I've read that these aren't real safe because the liquid contains a
>> dangerous chemical. Is this true? Should I be using non-liquid filled
>> teethers?

Jenrose
September 27th 04, 11:02 AM
"Shena Delian O'Brien" > wrote in message
> ChitaShines wrote:
>
>> I've read that these aren't real safe because the liquid contains a
>> dangerous chemical. Is this true? Should I be using non-liquid filled
>> teethers?
>
> Yes, all teethers contain the same liquid.

<humming: "Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide">

Jenrose