PDA

View Full Version : help please

Leonardo H
September 26th 04, 02:11 AM
I was involved with a woman in the state of Virginia. I was 29 and she
was 32. We got pregnant with a

baby while we were living together.
We went to a doctor and they tested. When it was positive she looked at
me with the biggest tentative

smile. And I was amazed at how happy she seemed.
We were having a rocky relationship, and I thought this would help us get
along.
At this time I was self employed selling art and doing freelance web
design.
Four months later she decided to leave.
She went to NY state to live with her mother.
She said she didn't go expecting to continue our relationship.

After coming to visit me in the house we had lived together, she told me
that if I got a job to support

us, she would move with me and we would have a family.
A couple of months after that I found a job in Maryland in my field. It
paid very little, about 21k a

year, but I thought it would be a great stepping stone to creating a
future.
I moved to Maryland and as time passed she did not move with me. I had
gotten a nice appartment I knew

she would like. Sometimes she would visit and things were not so good.
I would often go visit her in NY from Maryland, and things were not so
good. I was frustrated that she

wasn't moving with me.
She came to the conclusion later on that she could not move with me
because we could not afford it. And

at her situation living with her mother it was better because she helped
her with finances.
At some point I got terribly frustrated that she was not moving and she
was going to go to Lamas

(breathing) classes with her mother instead of asking me to take the trip
up. So I decided to distance

myself and not talk to her anymore.

A month after that or so, I had a call from my mother. She said I should
speak to Beth (her) and it was

important.
I called her and she said she knew of a way by which I would not have to
worry about paying child

support (this was not something we had talked about, I had raised no
concerns about this and probably

thought nothing of it). We didn't talk long. I was not told what her idea
was.
I called my mother and she told me that the reason I had to talk to Beth
was that the baby was born

early. I was at work when I heard this. My stomach fell to my feet and I
simply walked outside and a

block away I fell to my knees in desperation. I was crushed that I had
talked to her the day before and

all she had said was that she knew a way through which I would not have
to be responsible for the baby.
A baby boy. I thought 'my son lives'. I thought, I have a baby boy. I
felt desperate that I was left out

like this.
Beth asked me to visit a few days later and I did. I asked what his name
was, and she had given him the

name I had chosen for him.
And I asked who the father was on the birth certificate, and she said
there was no father on the birth

certificate. I asked to be in the paper, but she said she was hessitant
about having me there. Because

one day she may find a man she would marry, and what if they wanted to
move somewhere.
I think she didn't want to have me on the paper because didn't want to
share the rights to the child.

Later on her mother and herself told me I was free of responsibility.
More time passed and we started working some things out. And we got back
together.
I was still coming to visit, and at some point she came with Kya (the
baby) and spend a month with me.

It was kind of very nice, and trying as well- But I felt whole. I decided
not to be angry that I didnt

know the baby was born, that she had'nt moved here, that I was not on the
birth certificate. I told her

I wanted her to feel safe enough that she would want me on the birth
certificate.

Time passed and through the constant fights and misundestandings we are
still trying to figure a way to

have a family together.

At some point we got pregnant again. By now Kya is 5 months old. And we
are 3 week pregnant with another

baby. She asked me on the phone what I thought, and I said I thought we
should have an abortion, that we

could not raise two babies.
She's against abortion, so she got very mad and we didnt talk for a
while.
I told her I was not ready to have two kids and be with a pregnant woman
long distance all over again.
During this time I got very deppressed, and I was researching suicide.
I posted in a suicide newsgroup on an idea I had and I asked for comments
on if it would work.
Somehow my full name was on there. I may have noticed but I didn't care.

Beth made a search for my name. And found my posting of suicide.
She started trying to talk to me. But I was deathly affraid to be hurt
anymore in the state I was in.

And it came out that she had broken into an email account I had
somewhere.
She said she did it because she had found my suicide post and wanted to
find out more about me.
This email account was about 9 years old, perhaps. In it I had hundreds
of email exchanges with men and

women about sex.
She found out I had had a romp with a cross dresser while she was in NY,
found out that I had been

putting up sex ads when we were together, etc.
These were things I did very privately because I did not have a
satisfying sex life with her- or

emotional either.
I never had a fling with anyone while we were living together.
Anyhow this was devastating to her. She was not freaked out by any of it,
because she had had her own

wild past. But she felt inmensely betrayed.
She said I was a fake, that all i was was a lie, etc.

Soon thereafter she made an appointment to get an abortion.
I was driving to see her and I searched inside. I was still feeling like
I wanted to die. And the fact

that she had found this email account was far from my attention.
I made a decision in that drive.
I decided that I really did want to die.
I decided also that if this life was mine to throw away, I should at
least try moving to NY and being

with her.
That night we went out to a bar and I told her that I was willing to give
up all of myself. That I just

wanted to be with her and raise my babies. That i would do anything,
whatever she needed to be alright.
I would move to her city, I would leave my career, I would stop
complaining about sex, about lack of

affection, about everything. I told her if she wanted to keep the baby we
would find a way. I told her

the thought of her having an abortion was horrible to me, and I was
scared for her safety.
I made that decision in not a lot of time, but it was careful. I knew
what I was giving up. And I only

suspected what I would gain- A family. It was a hard choice, because she
was someone that I didn't feel

loved by.
That night she talked about the email she had found, and told me a lot of
things that were hard to hear.
But I did my best. And I listened and although I felt a lot of what had
happened was her fault, I

resigned to beind deemed the worthless betrayer who is all self and no
love and other people. I let

myself be portrayed as the liar, the bad person who hurt someone. And a
lot of this I believe.

The next day we did not go to the abortion. I was glad.
I tentatively asked if it made a difference what I had told her. That I
would go ahead and accept being

a father all over again and things would be what she needed them to be.
She said that no, that the real thing that made her change her mind was
that I let her talk about the

cheating.
We had a few weeks of peace after that.
Until one day she talked about an ex boyfriend, and I said i didn't want
to hear about her in another

man's arms. I was hurt and we got into a fight.
I haven't been there for weeks.
I tried talking to her on the phone and writing, being pleasant and
talking about life, not just

ourselves. It seemed to be working until a few days later she said to
come over. And I asked 'do you

want me to come, do you miss me?' and she said she had to be honest and
that it was not black and white.

That it was very complicated and she had bad feelings about me.
I said that I would gladly drive the hundreds of miles to see her as I
had so many times but I needed to

know that I was welcome, that she *wanted* me to come.
She said that I was proving that I was not interested in a family with
her, and that I just wanted to

put words in her mouth.

I want things to work out with us. I don't think I should go to see her
until she says she wants me to.
I don't think she will.

I send her money as much as i can, I'm poor. I make 21k a year, no health
benefits.
I'm still feeling suicidal, and I don't know what to make of my life.
I have no friends in this town, and I have no ambitions for another love.
I just wish I could work things out with her.

I'm trying to think ahead as well.
I know that if I tried to get joint custody of the babies, she would
bring up the email stuff. I know

that she expects me to send about $300 for helping with Kya every month,
and I barely have that, last

month I sent $240, this month I will have $300.
She likely expects me to send another $300 when the other baby is born.
I'm really trying to know what to do, what to expect. Financially.
I'm still not the father on paper. Should I therefore not send money
because it's self accusatory? It

shows that I am the father?
What is going to happen to me if I can't pay this money every month?
What is going to happen if I am not on the birth certificate of these
children? Will I just have to pay

child support fot 18 years and have no rights with my children?

I'm so scared, comfused, desperate, and i jsut don't know where to turn.
I hope someone reads this and

maybe has some comments. I really don't know what to do. I am thinking of
leaving this town beacuse I'm

going to end up killing myself here.

Werebat
September 30th 04, 12:25 AM
Get some help. See a psychiatrist.

I can be pretty crass about depression, due to my own experiences with
the depressed, but if what you are saying is true your #1 priority has
to be making sure you don't kill yourself and leave your kids with no
father at all, not even the option of one later on in life.

After that, it seems to me that both you and this woman you have been
involved with are pretty unstable people. I don't really have any
advice to give you. I'm sorry you are now shackled to such a difficult
sounding woman, and I'm sorry for your kids that they have two erratic
parents.

Get some help. See a psychiatrist.

Maybe with some counseling and meds, you'll be able to pull your life
together a bit. Then again, PermaDepression (tm) can be a great way to
avoid the more unpleasant bits of life, and if you get diagnosed as
unable to work even the courts can't touch you -- just hang out
streetside doing whatever you want and laughing at the poor "normies"
who have to go out and work for a living.

See? I can be pretty crass about depression. I'll probably lighten up
once I stop having to pay for someone else's gravy train.

- Ron ^*^

Leonardo H wrote:

> [...]
>
> that she expects me to send about $300 for helping with Kya every month,
> and I barely have that, last
>
> month I sent $240, this month I will have $300.
> She likely expects me to send another $300 when the other baby is born.
> I'm really trying to know what to do, what to expect. Financially.
> I'm still not the father on paper. Should I therefore not send money
> because it's self accusatory? It
>
> shows that I am the father?
> What is going to happen to me if I can't pay this money every month?
> What is going to happen if I am not on the birth certificate of these
> children? Will I just have to pay
>
> child support fot 18 years and have no rights with my children?
>
> I'm so scared, comfused, desperate, and i jsut don't know where to turn.
> I hope someone reads this and
>
> maybe has some comments. I really don't know what to do. I am thinking of

October 2nd 04, 01:06 AM
Werebat > wrote in

> [...]
>>
>> that she expects me to send about $300 for helping with Kya every
>> month, and I barely have that, last
>>
>> month I sent $240, this month I will have $300.
>> She likely expects me to send another $300 when the other baby is
>> born. I'm really trying to know what to do, what to expect.
>> Financially. I'm still not the father on paper. Should I therefore
>> not send money because it's self accusatory? It
>>
>> shows that I am the father?
>> What is going to happen to me if I can't pay this money every month?
>> What is going to happen if I am not on the birth certificate of these
>> children? Will I just have to pay
>>
>> child support fot 18 years and have no rights with my children?
>>
>> I'm so scared, comfused, desperate, and i jsut don't know where to
>> turn. I hope someone reads this and
>>
>> maybe has some comments. I really don't know what to do. I am
>> thinking of leaving this town beacuse I'm

Ron, thank you for the advise.
I am tempted to believe that I am simply depressed and need meds and
counseling. It seems that it would be easier to think that all of this
trouble is because we are unstable people.
I'm just scared that they will grow up hearing that I am a bad person.
I have started taking a.d.d. meds which are uppers a week ago, it helps
with work. It's just .. at the end of the day coming home to a place
alone is hard.
I have dreams of being with her and being ok, of holding my son in my
arms and being alright. It's hard being awake.

About living, this is life is mine. I don't live for others. Not even my
son. I need to be more in life then a monthly child support check.
I'm going to work every day and I come home and take some sleeping pills
and hope the next day goes by as quick as possible.
We'll see how long I can keep doing this. It's been a year of being
alone. And my son is now 6 months old. I've barely had him in my arms.

Thank you for your comments. I hope this woman and I are unstable people
and we just need counseling and meds.

GudGye11
October 5th 04, 04:35 PM
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A group of Swedish parliamentarians proposed levying a
"man tax" to cover the social cost of violence against women.

"It must be obvious to all of us that society has a huge problem with male
violence against women and that has a cost," Left Party deputy Gudrun Schyman
told Swedish radio on Monday.

"We must have a discussion where men understand they as a group have a
responsibility," said Schyman, one of the party members to sign the motion for
debate on the new tax.

Sweden already has the highest taxes in the European Union as a percentage of
gross domestic product to pay for its famous but hard-pushed cradle-to-grave
welfare program.

It is also one of the world's most advanced nations in terms of gender
equality, but Schyman said in a headline-hitting 2002 speech that
discrimination in Sweden followed "the same pattern" as in Afghanistan under
the Taliban.

Bob Whiteside
October 5th 04, 06:19 PM
"GudGye11" > wrote in message
> STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A group of Swedish parliamentarians proposed levying
> "man tax" to cover the social cost of violence against women.
>
> "It must be obvious to all of us that society has a huge problem with male
> violence against women and that has a cost," Left Party deputy Gudrun
Schyman
> told Swedish radio on Monday.
>
> "We must have a discussion where men understand they as a group have a
> responsibility," said Schyman, one of the party members to sign the motion
for
> debate on the new tax.
>
> Sweden already has the highest taxes in the European Union as a percentage
of
> gross domestic product to pay for its famous but hard-pushed
cradle-to-grave
> welfare program.
>
> It is also one of the world's most advanced nations in terms of gender
> equality, but Schyman said in a headline-hitting 2002 speech that
> discrimination in Sweden followed "the same pattern" as in Afghanistan
under
> the Taliban.

Using the fishbone model to determine root causes of problems would cause
the government to recognize the root of violence against women - Women
giving birth to male children.

They should tax the women for bringing more potential perpetrators into the
world.

Nadacomin
October 5th 04, 09:55 PM

Bob writes:

>GudGye11" > wrote in message
>> STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A group of Swedish parliamentarians proposed levying
>> "man tax" to cover the social cost of violence against women.
>>
>> "It must be obvious to all of us that society has a huge problem with male
>> violence against women and that has a cost," Left Party deputy Gudrun
>Schyman
>> told Swedish radio on Monday.
>>
>> "We must have a discussion where men understand they as a group have a
>> responsibility," said Schyman, one of the party members to sign the motion
>for
>> debate on the new tax.
>>
>> Sweden already has the highest taxes in the European Union as a percentage
>of
>> gross domestic product to pay for its famous but hard-pushed
>cradle-to-grave
>> welfare program.
>>
>> It is also one of the world's most advanced nations in terms of gender
>> equality, but Schyman said in a headline-hitting 2002 speech that
>> discrimination in Sweden followed "the same pattern" as in Afghanistan
>under
>> the Taliban.
>
>Using the fishbone model to determine root causes of problems would cause
>the government to recognize the root of violence against women - Women
>giving birth to male children.
>
>They should tax the women for bringing more potential perpetrators into the
>world.

Men could, and, some are starting to, put an end to some of this bull**** by
getting a vasectomy, and, not producing children.
You wouldn't want children with a twenty dollar whore, would you?
And, how many of you would have fathered children if you had known that they
would end up being raised in another man's houshold, and, you paying up to half
or more of your income for that.
Men, as individuals, cannot stop or change the system, but, they sure as hell
can opt out.
There have been times in history where masses of individuals "opted out" and
brought down empires.

"Don't mistake kindness for weakness"

Please visit CORRECTIONS BULLETIN BOARD: http://nadacomin.0catch.com/