PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Jogging Travel System

jon s.
August 4th 03, 01:16 PM
Hello,

My wife & I are expecting our first in a few weeks...We are looking
for a jogging travel system.

The trouble is that I'm having a hard time finding one that collapses
small enough to fit in the trunk of my car (a 2000 Honda Civic). Does
anybody know of a particular one that would suit our needs?

Thank you!

Jon S.

Cathy Weeks
August 4th 03, 08:09 PM
(jon s.) wrote in message >...
> Hello,
>
> My wife & I are expecting our first in a few weeks...We are looking
> for a jogging travel system.
>
> The trouble is that I'm having a hard time finding one that collapses
> small enough to fit in the trunk of my car (a 2000 Honda Civic). Does
> anybody know of a particular one that would suit our needs?

I'm assuming you want a single stroller that will meet all your needs?
I'd drop that idea. First of all, jog strollers, while tremendously
useful for jogging are big and cumbersome and a pain in the butt for
everyday use.

Second, your kid will outgrow the infant seat in no time, leaving you
with a separate stroller and carseat anyway.

If you want a stroller for the carseat, I'd do one of two things: buy
a system that includes a regular stroller, one that collapses more
easily, and more compactly than a jog stroller (many do collapse
easily, but NONE of them are very small). You'll be happier with that
for everyday use than a jog stroller. You could also drop the idea of
a system, and just get an infant seat, and something like the
snap-and-go stroller that fits all infant seats. They are very handy,
and fairly inexpensive.

I have three strollers: Baby Jogger (excellent investment) for use on
trails and at the beach. A Graco stroller that has had limited use (it
was my stepson's first). It's a big one, but it allows the child to
lie flat, which is nice with the little ones. And I have a MacLaren
daytripper, which I love. It's tiny, light, and easy to use. I could
easily have done with just the Baby Jogger and the MacLaren.

My carseat was the graco snugride, and it was wonderful. But my
daughter outgrew it by 7 months, and the convertible seat was designed
to stay IN the car.

I guess my advice is to buy a jog stroller, and also a carseat and a
regular stroller for your everyday needs. If the regular stroller is
part of a system, then great. But I've found that even those
strollers were bigger and more cumbersome than I liked, and I've had
lots of use from my umbrella stroller.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01