PDA

View Full Version : Help please

chris
November 17th 04, 12:01 PM
Hi folks
I have been paying the CSA for about 4 or 5 years now, however my ex
wife is wanting to emigrate to Australia with her new husband and my
kids. Now I dont really have a problem with this as to be honest they
will probably have a better lifestyle there than where they currently
are. My question though is do I have to continue to pay the CSA money
when she moves. She has said she needs documented evidence that I will
allow her to take the children with her, which I dont have a problem
with. But obviously I do not wish to continue paying the CSA when she
is in a different country, as I will need to put the money aside to
pay for flights for me to go see them, and flights for them to come
and stay with me. Does anyone know if I will still have to pay the CSA
money.
Regards

Chris

frankjones
November 17th 04, 05:36 PM
Australia is a participant in the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act.
Your biological children are your financial responsibility until the age
of majority. Nice try, though.
Now if she moves to Ghana, that is another story. frank

Zimm
November 17th 04, 08:43 PM
I know someone who moved with the kids to another state because her new
husband got a great new job. Took a court battle but in the end, she
was required to get the kids back here every other weekend for
visitation. She ended up having to drive 6 hours each way every other
weekend to make sure Dad got his visitation. So maybe in order for you
to sign the documents letting the kids out of the country, you could
make it manditory that she get the kids back here once a year (or
however often) at her expense.

Who says Dads never win!

Zimm

chris wrote:
> Hi folks
> I have been paying the CSA for about 4 or 5 years now, however my ex
> wife is wanting to emigrate to Australia with her new husband and my
> kids. Now I dont really have a problem with this as to be honest they
> will probably have a better lifestyle there than where they currently
> are. My question though is do I have to continue to pay the CSA money
> when she moves. She has said she needs documented evidence that I will
> allow her to take the children with her, which I dont have a problem
> with. But obviously I do not wish to continue paying the CSA when she
> is in a different country, as I will need to put the money aside to
> pay for flights for me to go see them, and flights for them to come
> and stay with me. Does anyone know if I will still have to pay the CSA
> money.
> Regards
>
> Chris

Gini
November 18th 04, 02:52 AM
In article >, Zimm says...

>I know someone who moved with the kids to another state because her new
>husband got a great new job. Took a court battle but in the end, she
>was required to get the kids back here every other weekend for
>visitation. She ended up having to drive 6 hours each way every other
>weekend to make sure Dad got his visitation. So maybe in order for you
>to sign the documents letting the kids out of the country, you could
>make it manditory that she get the kids back here once a year (or
>however often) at her expense.
====
And who is going to enforce that?
====
====

>Who says Dads never win!
>
>Zimm
>
>chris wrote:
>> Hi folks
>> I have been paying the CSA for about 4 or 5 years now, however my ex
>> wife is wanting to emigrate to Australia with her new husband and my
>> kids. Now I dont really have a problem with this as to be honest they
>> will probably have a better lifestyle there than where they currently
>> are. My question though is do I have to continue to pay the CSA money
>> when she moves. She has said she needs documented evidence that I will
>> allow her to take the children with her, which I dont have a problem
>> with. But obviously I do not wish to continue paying the CSA when she
>> is in a different country, as I will need to put the money aside to
>> pay for flights for me to go see them, and flights for them to come
>> and stay with me. Does anyone know if I will still have to pay the CSA
>> money.
>> Regards
>>
>> Chris

Werebat
November 18th 04, 12:02 PM
Why don't you have a problem with her taking your kids to Australia?

This fact, combined with your seeming desire to get out of all child
support obligations, puts you in the brig with "men who make the rest of
us look bad".

**** off.

- Ron ^*^

chris wrote:
> Hi folks
> I have been paying the CSA for about 4 or 5 years now, however my ex
> wife is wanting to emigrate to Australia with her new husband and my
> kids. Now I dont really have a problem with this as to be honest they
> will probably have a better lifestyle there than where they currently
> are. My question though is do I have to continue to pay the CSA money
> when she moves. She has said she needs documented evidence that I will
> allow her to take the children with her, which I dont have a problem
> with. But obviously I do not wish to continue paying the CSA when she
> is in a different country, as I will need to put the money aside to
> pay for flights for me to go see them, and flights for them to come
> and stay with me. Does anyone know if I will still have to pay the CSA
> money.
> Regards
>
> Chris

Werebat
November 18th 04, 12:03 PM
Gini wrote:

> In article >, Zimm says...
>
>>I know someone who moved with the kids to another state because her new
>>husband got a great new job. Took a court battle but in the end, she
>>was required to get the kids back here every other weekend for
>>visitation. She ended up having to drive 6 hours each way every other
>>weekend to make sure Dad got his visitation. So maybe in order for you
>>to sign the documents letting the kids out of the country, you could
>>make it manditory that she get the kids back here once a year (or
>>however often) at her expense.
>
> ====
> And who is going to enforce that?
> ====

No one.

As I told my students the other day, there was a significant amount of
time between the courts allowing Blacks to vote and the majority of
Blacks actually being able to exercise their right to vote.

- Ron ^*^

Gini
November 18th 04, 02:09 PM
In article <Hc0nd.1081$wa1.626@lakeread04>, Werebat says...

>Gini wrote:
>
>> In article >, Zimm says...
>>
>>>I know someone who moved with the kids to another state because her new
>>>husband got a great new job. Took a court battle but in the end, she
>>>was required to get the kids back here every other weekend for
>>>visitation. She ended up having to drive 6 hours each way every other
>>>weekend to make sure Dad got his visitation. So maybe in order for you
>>>to sign the documents letting the kids out of the country, you could
>>>make it manditory that she get the kids back here once a year (or
>>>however often) at her expense.
>>
>> ====
>> And who is going to enforce that?
>> ====
>
>No one.
>
>As I told my students the other day, there was a significant amount of
>time between the courts allowing Blacks to vote and the majority of
>Blacks actually being able to exercise their right to vote.
>
> - Ron ^*^
=====
For those who aren't aware--The courts have no enforcement power so when a
decision is handed down by the SC, it is usually up to the states (or federal
marshals) to enforce it. Sometimes the states refuse, as happened in Ron's
example above. The Supreme Court can rule that CS guidelines are
unconstitutional but cannot force the states to eliminate them. Normally happens
states refuse to comply, the federal government issues financial sanctions
against the state. This happened when the feds demanded the states to establish
CS guidelines. Pa was one of the last states to do so and did it reluctantly
after the feds warned them several times that they would lose federal funds. PA
established the guidelines at the midnight hour of its last warning.
=====
=====