PDA

View Full Version : Re: Screaming in the night (similar to crying in the night post)

Sue
August 4th 03, 05:31 PM
Sounds like night terrors. My dd3 went through them, but she was around
three years old. I don't know if they can have them that young. I would
usually have to hold her until she calmed down, but she wasn't really awake
and coherent, but once she was calm, she could go back to sleep after a
while.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

jojo > wrote in message
igy.com...
> My son, now almost 11 months old, will wake up
> screaming in the night.
> This is unlike any crying we have ever heard during the day, It is a
> blood chilling scream. It takes 5 or 10 minutes for him to even
> recognize who we are and begin to calm down.
> We are with him instantly (we co-sleep) when he wakes like this.
>
> He has done this consistently from 3 months to 9 months, but
> has not done it in the last 2. we thought it was something that
> he would grow out of (he also got tubes in his ears 2 months ago)
> but now he has no signs of ear infection, and no new teeth apparent.
> And the screaming has begun again. Usually if he wakes screaming, he
> will sleep poorly the rest of the night.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Our pedi seems to think it is just part
> of growing up...be we are beginning to worry he is having some sort of
> pain in the night or even some neurological problem.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> jojo

Truffles
August 4th 03, 08:53 PM
jojo wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced this? Our pedi seems to think it is just part
> of growing up...be we are beginning to worry he is having some sort of
> pain in the night or even some neurological problem.

Sounds like night terrors. My ds has them occasionally and he has even
since he was about 5 months old. I find he has them when he is over
tired or he had too much stimulation in the day (like the 1st birthday
party).

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004