PDA

View Full Version : NY Law requested

Smith's
November 30th 04, 11:57 PM
Say a divorced Mother has custody of 2 children, then decideds to move out
of state with one child and the Father takes custody of the other child.
What are the laws regarding financial support? Does the Father still have to
pay for the 1 child moving with the Mother?

Gini
December 1st 04, 06:17 AM
In article >, Smith's says...

>Say a divorced Mother has custody of 2 children, then decideds to move out
>of state with one child and the Father takes custody of the other child.
>What are the laws regarding financial support? Does the Father still have to
>pay for the 1 child moving with the Mother?
===
I guess the other question might be, "Will the mother have to pay the father?"
Seems like no need for either to pay if each is caring for half the children.
Actually, it all depends on the laws of the controlling states. Each child would
be under the controlling statutes of the state in which he/she resides. Of
course, there is also the aforementioned no-brainer perspective wherein each
(mature) parent cares for the child in its house and no money changes hands ie
doesn't get the states involved at all.
===