PDA

View Full Version : I'm tempted to say 'single man looking for single mom' ...

Killer Cabs Sales Team
December 19th 04, 09:45 PM
Basically because in the awards for the most replies, that seems hands down
the best one to guarantee the most feedback! :)

(actually here in the UK we say 'Mum' and not 'Mom' so it'd be a giveaway
:P)

Okay ... first time poster saying hi .. so hi!

I'm a single father here in the UK and stumbled across the group, so just a
gentle introduction :)

--

Tony

CME
December 19th 04, 10:21 PM
"Killer Cabs Sales Team" > wrote in message
> Basically because in the awards for the most replies, that seems hands
> down
> the best one to guarantee the most feedback! :)
>
> (actually here in the UK we say 'Mum' and not 'Mom' so it'd be a giveaway
> :P)
>
> Okay ... first time poster saying hi .. so hi!
>
> I'm a single father here in the UK and stumbled across the group, so just
> gentle introduction :)
>
> --
>
> Tony

Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada

Christine
(Single mom to almost 9 year old twin boys)

P.Fritz
December 20th 04, 05:05 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Killer Cabs Sales Team" > wrote in message
>> Basically because in the awards for the most replies, that seems hands
>> down
>> the best one to guarantee the most feedback! :)
>>
>> (actually here in the UK we say 'Mum' and not 'Mom' so it'd be a giveaway
>> :P)
>>
>> Okay ... first time poster saying hi .. so hi!
>>
>> I'm a single father here in the UK and stumbled across the group, so just
>> gentle introduction :)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Tony
>
> Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada

Otherwise know as the cold north boonies!!!!!

BTW......I am already tired of this Canandian artic air down here.....please
take it back!!!!
(It was 3 degrees (F) this morning.........I'm soooooooooo ready for the
Carribean.......)

> Christine
> (Single mom to almost 9 year old twin boys)

denanson
December 20th 04, 08:04 PM
"Killer Cabs Sales Team" wrote in message

> Okay ... first time poster saying hi .. so hi!
>
> I'm a single father here in the UK and stumbled across the group, so just
> gentle introduction :)

Greetings from Ireland,

Dennis, three boys

Tiffany
December 20th 04, 09:48 PM
"P.Fritz" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Killer Cabs Sales Team" > wrote in message
>>> Basically because in the awards for the most replies, that seems hands
>>> down
>>> the best one to guarantee the most feedback! :)
>>>
>>> (actually here in the UK we say 'Mum' and not 'Mom' so it'd be a
>>> giveaway
>>> :P)
>>>
>>> Okay ... first time poster saying hi .. so hi!
>>>
>>> I'm a single father here in the UK and stumbled across the group, so
>>> just a
>>> gentle introduction :)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Tony
>>
>> Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada
>
> Otherwise know as the cold north boonies!!!!!
>
> BTW......I am already tired of this Canandian artic air down
> here.....please take it back!!!!
> (It was 3 degrees (F) this morning.........I'm soooooooooo ready for the
> Carribean.......)

Ohh that has to be horrible! It is pretty cold here today too and I am
planning a trip to FL. If I don't get a good dose of heat and sunshine in
the middle of the winter, I go nuts. (Yeah, not far to go!)

P.Fritz
December 20th 04, 09:56 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "P.Fritz" > wrote in message
>>
>> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada
>>
>> Otherwise know as the cold north boonies!!!!!
>>
>> BTW......I am already tired of this Canandian artic air down
>> here.....please take it back!!!!
>> (It was 3 degrees (F) this morning.........I'm soooooooooo ready for the
>> Carribean.......)
>>

> Ohh that has to be horrible! It is pretty cold here today too and I am
> planning a trip to FL. If I don't get a good dose of heat and sunshine in
> the middle of the winter, I go nuts. (Yeah, not far to go!)

I think it is too late ;-)

Lisa
December 20th 04, 10:41 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "P.Fritz" > wrote in message
> >
> > "CME" > wrote in message

> >> Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada
> >
> > Otherwise know as the cold north boonies!!!!!
> >
> > BTW......I am already tired of this Canandian artic air down
> > here.....please take it back!!!!
> > (It was 3 degrees (F) this morning.........I'm soooooooooo ready for the
> > Carribean.......)
> >

> Ohh that has to be horrible! It is pretty cold here today too and I am
> planning a trip to FL. If I don't get a good dose of heat and sunshine in
> the middle of the winter, I go nuts. (Yeah, not far to go!)

coldcoldcoldcoldcold.
The guys that are into ice fishing are happy. This will go a long way to
prepping the Rideau Canal for skating. I'm in flannel jammies with
Christmas socks on.
And drinking a beer.
I. Am. Canadian.

Lisa

Tiffany
December 21st 04, 12:38 AM
"P.Fritz" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>>
>> "P.Fritz" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> Otherwise know as the cold north boonies!!!!!
>>>
>>> BTW......I am already tired of this Canandian artic air down
>>> here.....please take it back!!!!
>>> (It was 3 degrees (F) this morning.........I'm soooooooooo ready for the
>>> Carribean.......)
>>>

>> Ohh that has to be horrible! It is pretty cold here today too and I am
>> planning a trip to FL. If I don't get a good dose of heat and sunshine in
>> the middle of the winter, I go nuts. (Yeah, not far to go!)
>
> I think it is too late ;-)

I can't argue there. :)

Betsy
December 21st 04, 11:07 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "P.Fritz" > wrote in message
>>
>> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> Welcome to the group from Alberta, Canada
>>
>> Otherwise know as the cold north boonies!!!!!
>>
>> BTW......I am already tired of this Canandian artic air down
>> here.....please take it back!!!!
>> (It was 3 degrees (F) this morning.........I'm soooooooooo ready for the
>> Carribean.......)
>>

> Ohh that has to be horrible! It is pretty cold here today too and I am
> planning a trip to FL. If I don't get a good dose of heat and sunshine in
> the middle of the winter, I go nuts. (Yeah, not far to go!)

Errrrrr Florida's Temps were in the 20s in the northern region and in the
30s in the central part of the state......Warm??? Not really...

Betsy

Tiffany
December 22nd 04, 12:39 AM
"Betsy" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>>
>> "P.Fritz" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> Otherwise know as the cold north boonies!!!!!
>>>
>>> BTW......I am already tired of this Canandian artic air down
>>> here.....please take it back!!!!
>>> (It was 3 degrees (F) this morning.........I'm soooooooooo ready for the
>>> Carribean.......)
>>>

>> Ohh that has to be horrible! It is pretty cold here today too and I am
>> planning a trip to FL. If I don't get a good dose of heat and sunshine in
>> the middle of the winter, I go nuts. (Yeah, not far to go!)

> Errrrrr Florida's Temps were in the 20s in the northern region and in the
> 30s in the central part of the state......Warm??? Not really...
>
> Betsy

That doesn't last long...... by the time I get there, it will be warm
again.

Betsy
December 22nd 04, 11:29 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "Betsy" > wrote in message

>>> Ohh that has to be horrible! It is pretty cold here today too and I am
>>> planning a trip to FL. If I don't get a good dose of heat and sunshine
>>> in the middle of the winter, I go nuts. (Yeah, not far to go!)

>> Errrrrr Florida's Temps were in the 20s in the northern region and in the
>> 30s in the central part of the state......Warm??? Not really...
>>
>> Betsy
>>

> That doesn't last long...... by the time I get there, it will be warm
> again.

We can only hope! I remember one year of freak winter weather...it was so
cold for so long we had to have rolling blackouts just to compensate for the
use of the extra electricity because everyone had their heaters on. Heck
one year it was cold enough to have snow! It didn't last of course, but
that was an experience I'm not likely to forget. When are you coming down?

Betsy