PDA

View Full Version : Re: Weird things ...

Bebelestrnge0721
December 26th 04, 07:27 PM
>Subject: Weird things ...
>From: 'Kate
>Date: 12/26/2004 1:55 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>I have a professor (won't say his name) who is somewhat elderly. He
>had a stroke not too long ago but his mind/speech is just fine... he
>cannot drive though so students volunteer. I was one of this years
>volunteers- it was no trouble. I drive past his subdivision.... it
>only meant leaving 20 minutes earlier so that we could transfer cars
>and stuff. Anyway... after class one day, he told me that he was
>going back to India this Christmas break. He was scheduled to speak
>at a conference and this would be his last trip home. He had emigrated
>to the US some number of years ago from India.
>
>A little about the Dr. - He raised his daughters as a single parent.
>He brought them to the US (I believe this was shortly after the Bhopal
>disaster). As he was working to support his daughters, he went to
>school to reearn the degree that would not transfer to the US. He
>then went into private practice. He now teaches at the university.
>His daughters are grown and on their own.
>
>Two years ago, one of his daughters committed suicide. Then his stroke
>from which he recoverd fairly well. A couple of days ago, he was found
>outside the post office. He had been hit by the door (he's a
>diminutive man being from India) and was found lying on the ground by
>someone who knew him. He's conscious now but was in ICU with brain
>swelling and could not speak but could acknowledge what people said.
>He's being moved to a rehab hospital. I felt sad that he was not going
>to be able to go home for Christmas.
>
>Today, I woke up to news of the tsunami that resulted from the
>earthquake off the coast of India. I remember Dr. S. saying that he
>was going to be on the coast... we had a discussion about how
>beautiful the beaches and the Indian Ocean are.... I knew he was to
>have stayed at the beach. I dunno... weird world.

"They" say things happen for a reason, that there are no coincidences? Yes a
weird world..........hope he recovers well.
I was saddened by the loss of life as I read the article this morning, mother
nature is a mean woman sometimes. Bev

Tiffany
December 27th 04, 12:59 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
>I have a professor (won't say his name) who is somewhat elderly. He
> had a stroke not too long ago but his mind/speech is just fine... he
> cannot drive though so students volunteer. I was one of this years
> volunteers- it was no trouble. I drive past his subdivision.... it
> only meant leaving 20 minutes earlier so that we could transfer cars
> and stuff. Anyway... after class one day, he told me that he was
> going back to India this Christmas break. He was scheduled to speak
> at a conference and this would be his last trip home. He had emigrated
> to the US some number of years ago from India.
>
> A little about the Dr. - He raised his daughters as a single parent.
> He brought them to the US (I believe this was shortly after the Bhopal
> disaster). As he was working to support his daughters, he went to
> school to reearn the degree that would not transfer to the US. He
> then went into private practice. He now teaches at the university.
> His daughters are grown and on their own.
>
> Two years ago, one of his daughters committed suicide. Then his stroke
> from which he recoverd fairly well. A couple of days ago, he was found
> outside the post office. He had been hit by the door (he's a
> diminutive man being from India) and was found lying on the ground by
> someone who knew him. He's conscious now but was in ICU with brain
> swelling and could not speak but could acknowledge what people said.
> He's being moved to a rehab hospital. I felt sad that he was not going
> to be able to go home for Christmas.
>
> Today, I woke up to news of the tsunami that resulted from the
> earthquake off the coast of India. I remember Dr. S. saying that he
> was going to be on the coast... we had a discussion about how
> beautiful the beaches and the Indian Ocean are.... I knew he was to
> have stayed at the beach. I dunno... weird world.

Wow... awesome story. Isn't it amazing, ordinary people with extraordinary
stories. I love it. Thank god someone knocked him down at the post office
though.

Karen
December 27th 04, 05:46 PM
I hope he survives hearing the news of what happened/is happening over
there...

Karen

Karen
December 27th 04, 10:31 PM
The more the stories unfold, the worse it gets, doesn't it?. My gosh,
it's just like out of the movies or something. Those poor
people...definitely praying hard today.

Karen