PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas! Anyone remember us?

Paul & Cele
December 28th 04, 02:18 PM
Cele: Hi everybody! Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a good one. We
just finally got a net connection in this hotel in Boston, or we
might've wished you all a Merry Christmas earlier.

Paul: Gawd! Are you serious? You want me to type a nessage to a
newsgroup on a romantic Christmas holiday? And while you're at it,
what kind of person brings a broadband enabled laptop on a family
holiday anyway?

Cele: I am *always* serious, except, of course, when I'm not. And yes,
romantic it is. Apparently, the kind of person who brings a broadband
enabled laptop on a family holiday is the kind of person who might seem
to you to be someone you'd like to marry. But what do I know? I'm just
a newsgroup poster.....

Paul: Honestly! Just because I asked you to marry me and just because
I happened to give you an engagement ring you automatically assume it
has something to do with *actual* marriage. I thought it was only
online that these sort of things got misunderstood.

Cele: Right, well, I see what you mean. Possibly because this is,
after all, an ***internet relationship*** (gasp, wince), you should
post something to the effect of your *actual* intentions. I know. How
about on assp? I will probably understand you there....

Paul: Ah, I think I see the problem. It might help you to know that
I'm only compatible with GASP 1.0 and that my WINCE stack doesn't
always fuunction quite as expected. I agree that assp would probably
be able to help us though so I'm fine with it if you are.

Cele: I'm entirely fine with it. Here, let's try this: Hey you guys on
assp: If a fellow gives you a ring that closely resembles an engagement
ring, and says the words, "Cele, would you do something for me? Would
you marry me?" what do you think he is indicating about his intentions?
Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
appropriate..........

Paul: Hmm... In addition I'd be interested in an opinion on the legal
position as all of the above, alleged, conversation is said to have
taken place in the state of New York. Would local laws apply in this
case? Many thanks in advance for any help and insight you may have on
this matter.

Cele: (she always likes to have the last word!!) <----I saw that!
Merry Christmas, everyone.

Cele & Paul

Joelle
December 28th 04, 02:39 PM
Congrats.

And leave the laptop home for the honeymoon.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

CME
December 28th 04, 08:20 PM
"Paul & Cele" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Cele: Hi everybody! Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a good one. We
> just finally got a net connection in this hotel in Boston, or we
> might've wished you all a Merry Christmas earlier.
>
> Paul: Gawd! Are you serious? You want me to type a nessage to a
> newsgroup on a romantic Christmas holiday? And while you're at it,
> what kind of person brings a broadband enabled laptop on a family
> holiday anyway?
>
> Cele: I am *always* serious, except, of course, when I'm not. And yes,
> romantic it is. Apparently, the kind of person who brings a broadband
> enabled laptop on a family holiday is the kind of person who might seem
> to you to be someone you'd like to marry. But what do I know? I'm just
> a newsgroup poster.....
>
> Paul: Honestly! Just because I asked you to marry me and just because
> I happened to give you an engagement ring you automatically assume it
> has something to do with *actual* marriage. I thought it was only
> online that these sort of things got misunderstood.
>
> Cele: Right, well, I see what you mean. Possibly because this is,
> after all, an ***internet relationship*** (gasp, wince), you should
> post something to the effect of your *actual* intentions. I know. How
> about on assp? I will probably understand you there....
>
> Paul: Ah, I think I see the problem. It might help you to know that
> I'm only compatible with GASP 1.0 and that my WINCE stack doesn't
> always fuunction quite as expected. I agree that assp would probably
> be able to help us though so I'm fine with it if you are.
>
> Cele: I'm entirely fine with it. Here, let's try this: Hey you guys on
> assp: If a fellow gives you a ring that closely resembles an engagement
> ring, and says the words, "Cele, would you do something for me? Would
> you marry me?" what do you think he is indicating about his intentions?
> Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
> replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
> appropriate..........
>
> Paul: Hmm... In addition I'd be interested in an opinion on the legal
> position as all of the above, alleged, conversation is said to have
> taken place in the state of New York. Would local laws apply in this
> case? Many thanks in advance for any help and insight you may have on
> this matter.
>
> Cele: (she always likes to have the last word!!) <----I saw that!
> Merry Christmas, everyone.
>
> Cele & Paul

Hahah you too sound like a perfect match. ;) Congrats!

Christine

Bebelestrnge0721
December 29th 04, 03:36 AM
>Subject: Merry Christmas! Anyone remember us?
>From: "Paul & Cele"
>Date: 12/28/2004 9:18 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
>
>Cele: Hi everybody! Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a good one. We
>just finally got a net connection in this hotel in Boston, or we
>might've wished you all a Merry Christmas earlier.
>
>Paul: Gawd! Are you serious? You want me to type a nessage to a
>newsgroup on a romantic Christmas holiday? And while you're at it,
>what kind of person brings a broadband enabled laptop on a family
>holiday anyway?
>
>Cele: I am *always* serious, except, of course, when I'm not. And yes,
>romantic it is. Apparently, the kind of person who brings a broadband
>enabled laptop on a family holiday is the kind of person who might seem
>to you to be someone you'd like to marry. But what do I know? I'm just
>a newsgroup poster.....
>
>Paul: Honestly! Just because I asked you to marry me and just because
>I happened to give you an engagement ring you automatically assume it
>has something to do with *actual* marriage. I thought it was only
>online that these sort of things got misunderstood.
>
>Cele: Right, well, I see what you mean. Possibly because this is,
>after all, an ***internet relationship*** (gasp, wince), you should
>post something to the effect of your *actual* intentions. I know. How
>about on assp? I will probably understand you there....
>
>Paul: Ah, I think I see the problem. It might help you to know that
>I'm only compatible with GASP 1.0 and that my WINCE stack doesn't
>always fuunction quite as expected. I agree that assp would probably
>be able to help us though so I'm fine with it if you are.
>
>Cele: I'm entirely fine with it. Here, let's try this: Hey you guys on
>assp: If a fellow gives you a ring that closely resembles an engagement
>ring, and says the words, "Cele, would you do something for me? Would
>you marry me?" what do you think he is indicating about his intentions?
>Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
>replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
>appropriate..........
>
>Paul: Hmm... In addition I'd be interested in an opinion on the legal
>position as all of the above, alleged, conversation is said to have
>taken place in the state of New York. Would local laws apply in this
>case? Many thanks in advance for any help and insight you may have on
>this matter.
>
>Cele: (she always likes to have the last word!!) <----I saw that!
>Merry Christmas, everyone.
>
>Cele & Paul

Merry Christmas !
Congratulations on your engagement!
Go ahead set the date! .......whatcha waiting for ? :) Bev

denanson
December 29th 04, 06:38 PM
"Paul & Cele" wrote

> Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
> replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
> appropriate..........

And a place.

And send us all an invitation!

Congratulations! (If the answer is yes that is), I can't help you there.

Dennis

Alex Nemeth
December 30th 04, 02:30 AM
On 28 Dec 2004 06:18:59 -0800, "Paul & Cele" > wrote:

>Cele: Hi everybody! Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a good one. We
>just finally got a net connection in this hotel in Boston, or we
>might've wished you all a Merry Christmas earlier.

<chuckle> After all those "get a room" posts you finally did. :-)

Must have been all that snow tha kept you under "wraps" for this long

>Paul: Gawd! Are you serious? You want me to type a nessage to a
>newsgroup on a romantic Christmas holiday? And while you're at it,
>what kind of person brings a broadband enabled laptop on a family
>holiday anyway?
>
>Cele: I am *always* serious, except, of course, when I'm not. And yes,
>romantic it is. Apparently, the kind of person who brings a broadband
>enabled laptop on a family holiday is the kind of person who might seem
>to you to be someone you'd like to marry. But what do I know? I'm just
>a newsgroup poster.....
>
>Paul: Honestly! Just because I asked you to marry me and just because
>I happened to give you an engagement ring you automatically assume it
>has something to do with *actual* marriage. I thought it was only
>online that these sort of things got misunderstood.
>
>Cele: Right, well, I see what you mean. Possibly because this is,
>after all, an ***internet relationship*** (gasp, wince), you should
>post something to the effect of your *actual* intentions. I know. How
>about on assp? I will probably understand you there....
>
>Paul: Ah, I think I see the problem. It might help you to know that
>I'm only compatible with GASP 1.0 and that my WINCE stack doesn't
>always fuunction quite as expected. I agree that assp would probably
>be able to help us though so I'm fine with it if you are.
>
>Cele: I'm entirely fine with it. Here, let's try this: Hey you guys on
>assp: If a fellow gives you a ring that closely resembles an engagement
>ring, and says the words, "Cele, would you do something for me? Would
>you marry me?" what do you think he is indicating about his intentions?
>Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
>replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
>appropriate..........
>
>Paul: Hmm... In addition I'd be interested in an opinion on the legal
>position as all of the above, alleged, conversation is said to have
>taken place in the state of New York. Would local laws apply in this
>case? Many thanks in advance for any help and insight you may have on
>this matter.
>
>Cele: (she always likes to have the last word!!) <----I saw that!
>Merry Christmas, everyone.
>
>Cele & Paul

December 30th 04, 03:23 AM
"Paul & Cele" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Cele: Hi everybody! Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a good one. We
> just finally got a net connection in this hotel in Boston, or we
> might've wished you all a Merry Christmas earlier.
>
> Paul: Gawd! Are you serious? You want me to type a nessage to a
> newsgroup on a romantic Christmas holiday? And while you're at it,
> what kind of person brings a broadband enabled laptop on a family
> holiday anyway?
>
> Cele: I am *always* serious, except, of course, when I'm not. And yes,
> romantic it is. Apparently, the kind of person who brings a broadband
> enabled laptop on a family holiday is the kind of person who might seem
> to you to be someone you'd like to marry. But what do I know? I'm just
> a newsgroup poster.....
>
> Paul: Honestly! Just because I asked you to marry me and just because
> I happened to give you an engagement ring you automatically assume it
> has something to do with *actual* marriage. I thought it was only
> online that these sort of things got misunderstood.
>
> Cele: Right, well, I see what you mean. Possibly because this is,
> after all, an ***internet relationship*** (gasp, wince), you should
> post something to the effect of your *actual* intentions. I know. How
> about on assp? I will probably understand you there....
>
> Paul: Ah, I think I see the problem. It might help you to know that
> I'm only compatible with GASP 1.0 and that my WINCE stack doesn't
> always fuunction quite as expected. I agree that assp would probably
> be able to help us though so I'm fine with it if you are.
>
> Cele: I'm entirely fine with it. Here, let's try this: Hey you guys on
> assp: If a fellow gives you a ring that closely resembles an engagement
> ring, and says the words, "Cele, would you do something for me? Would
> you marry me?" what do you think he is indicating about his intentions?
> Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
> replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
> appropriate..........
>
> Paul: Hmm... In addition I'd be interested in an opinion on the legal
> position as all of the above, alleged, conversation is said to have
> taken place in the state of New York. Would local laws apply in this
> case? Many thanks in advance for any help and insight you may have on
> this matter.
>
> Cele: (she always likes to have the last word!!) <----I saw that!
> Merry Christmas, everyone.
>
> Cele & Paul

Congrats!

Lisa
December 30th 04, 05:09 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "Paul & Cele" wrote
>
> > Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
> > replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
> > appropriate..........
>
> And a place.
>
> And send us all an invitation!
>
> Congratulations! (If the answer is yes that is), I can't help you there.
>
> Dennis

Absolutely! Set the date! After all, that's the point of getting engaged,
isn't it?

Congratulations.

Lisa

Joelle
December 30th 04, 10:36 PM
> We want MPGs & JPG's & real time video :-)

No, actually we don't.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Cele
January 2nd 05, 01:30 AM
On 28 Dec 2004 14:39:02 GMT, (Joelle) wrote:

>Congrats.
>
>And leave the laptop home for the honeymoon.

Thanks. :-) We will.

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 01:41 AM
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:20:18 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>Hahah you too sound like a perfect match. ;) Congrats!
>
>Christine

We think so. :-)

Thanks.

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 01:43 AM
On 29 Dec 2004 03:36:14 GMT,
(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

>Merry Christmas !
>Congratulations on your engagement!
>Go ahead set the date! .......whatcha waiting for ? :) Bev

Thanks. :-)

We're planning on some time around next Christmas, but haven't sorted
out the exact date yet. Gotta check those calendars, dontcha know.

We *have* got the wedding book from church, though.

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 01:44 AM
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:38:14 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Paul & Cele" wrote
>
>> Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
>> replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
>> appropriate..........
>
>And a place.
>
>And send us all an invitation!
>
>Congratulations! (If the answer is yes that is), I can't help you there.
>
>Dennis

Heh. The answer is yes.

Specs to follow....eventually....LOL

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 01:45 AM
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:09:54 -0500, "Lisa" > wrote:

>"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
>>
>> "Paul & Cele" wrote
>>
>> > Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
>> > replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
>> > appropriate..........
>>
>> And a place.
>>
>> And send us all an invitation!
>>
>> Congratulations! (If the answer is yes that is), I can't help you there.
>>
>> Dennis
>>

>Absolutely! Set the date! After all, that's the point of getting engaged,
>isn't it?
>
>Congratulations.
>
>Lisa

Thanks! We'll keep you posted. Now to survive the intervening spans of
separation......

I want March to come. OK, really, I want August to come.

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 01:49 AM
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:30:51 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
wrote:

>On 28 Dec 2004 06:18:59 -0800, "Paul & Cele" > wrote:
>
>>Cele: Hi everybody! Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a good one. We
>>just finally got a net connection in this hotel in Boston, or we
>>might've wished you all a Merry Christmas earlier.
>>

><chuckle> After all those "get a room" posts you finally did. :-)

Yup. ;-)

>Must have been all that snow tha kept you under "wraps" for this long

Heh. Nah, fact is, we had a monster of a time getting a broadband
drop. I took my laptop for various reasons, but partly because it's a
good games & DVD machine when you've got kids along. But we hoped to
follow this post up sooner, except only the Boston hotel had a drop.
Neither of us has a dialup account and we were just too darned *busy*
to get our act together & go to a net cafe.

I'm home now, though, and Paul & Pete'll be back at their home
tomorrow. So I'm answering 'cause I got here first. :-)

Happy New Year!

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 01:49 AM
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:23:45 GMT, "V" > wrote:

>Congrats!

Thanks!

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 01:53 AM
Well, we've all made it back to our respective places, after a
wonderful time in New York & Boston. We didn't do a tenth of the
things in either place that we could've, but we had a great time all
the same. Santa came and the kids were well pleased with the results.
Astonishingly, Paul & I had full stockings on Christmas morning as
well, even though we're both well past our first childhoods....and
possibly approaching our second or third. :-)

Thanks to all for your good wishes, & a Happy New Year to all. I hope
you all had wonderful holidays.

Be well, everyone.

Cele

Paul Griffiths
January 2nd 05, 10:00 PM
"Joelle" > wrote in message

> Congrats.

Thanks.

> And leave the laptop home for the honeymoon.

Works for me.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 2nd 05, 10:02 PM
"Joelle" > wrote in message

> > We want MPGs & JPG's & real time video :-)
>
> No, actually we don't.

Why not? :-(

It's because I'm old, fat and ugly isn't it?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 2nd 05, 10:03 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On 28 Dec 2004 14:39:02 GMT, (Joelle) wrote:
>
> >Congrats.
> >
> >And leave the laptop home for the honeymoon.
>
> Thanks. :-) We will.

We'll see.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 2nd 05, 10:06 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On 28 Dec 2004 06:18:59 -0800, "Paul & Cele" > wrote:
> <snip>
>
> >Cele: I'm entirely fine with it. Here, let's try this: Hey you guys on
> >assp: If a fellow gives you a ring that closely resembles an engagement
> >ring, and says the words, "Cele, would you do something for me? Would
> >you marry me?" what do you think he is indicating about his intentions?
>
> Hmm... that's a tricky one. Could mean he wants to get um.. some...
> and is use to giving women rings to do it.

Is there anything I could say in reply to this that wouldn't get me into
trouble?

> >Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
> >replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
> >appropriate..........
>
> LOL... I haven't a clue. Check with the married folks.

Are there many in here these days?

> <snip>
>
> >Merry Christmas, everyone.
> >
> >Cele & Paul
>
> Let's see... it's December what? 'Bout time you guys came up for air.

We had major internet connection issues.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it like glue.

> Congratulations!

Thanks, 'Kate.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 2nd 05, 10:07 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:20:18 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:
>
> >Hahah you too sound like a perfect match. ;) Congrats!
> >
> We think so. :-)

Mind you we're biased. :-Þ

> Thanks.

Yeah, what she said. ;-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 2nd 05, 10:09 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:09:54 -0500, "Lisa" > wrote:
> >"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> >> "Paul & Cele" wrote

Urgent

> >> And a place.
> >>
> >> And send us all an invitation!
> >>
> >> Congratulations! (If the answer is yes that is), I can't help you
there.

> >Absolutely! Set the date! After all, that's the point of getting
engaged,
> >isn't it?
> >
> >Congratulations.

Thanks both and we really *are* working hard to finalise a date.

> Thanks! We'll keep you posted. Now to survive the intervening spans of
> separation......

Yeah, you can say that again.

> I want March to come. OK, really, I want August to come.

Want, want, want, that's all I ever hear from you.

Don't ever change. :-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 2nd 05, 10:12 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:30:51 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
> wrote:
> >On 28 Dec 2004 06:18:59 -0800, "Paul & Cele" > wrote:
> >
> >>Cele: Hi everybody! Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a good one. We
> >>just finally got a net connection in this hotel in Boston, or we
> >>might've wished you all a Merry Christmas earlier.
> >
> ><chuckle> After all those "get a room" posts you finally did. :-)
>
> Yup. ;-)

Yeah, I liked that part too.

> >Must have been all that snow tha kept you under "wraps" for this long
>
> Heh. Nah, fact is, we had a monster of a time getting a broadband
> drop. I took my laptop for various reasons, but partly because it's a
> good games & DVD machine when you've got kids along. But we hoped to
> follow this post up sooner, except only the Boston hotel had a drop.
> Neither of us has a dialup account and we were just too darned *busy*
> to get our act together & go to a net cafe.

And "busy" should be taken literally, okay? With two kids around there
wasn't much free time for the two of us.

Did that sound sufficiently hard done by? I hope so. ;-)

> I'm home now, though, and Paul & Pete'll be back at their home
> tomorrow. So I'm answering 'cause I got here first. :-)

Pete's still not home. He's having a few days with his grandparents.

> Happy New Year!

Indeed yes, what she said, again!

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
January 2nd 05, 11:37 PM
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:02:04 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Joelle" > wrote in message
>
>> > We want MPGs & JPG's & real time video :-)
>>
>> No, actually we don't.
>
>Why not? :-(
>
>It's because I'm old, fat and ugly isn't it?

Hey! You're not ugly!

[chortle]

You're a keeper, though....

LOL

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 11:37 PM
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:03:02 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On 28 Dec 2004 14:39:02 GMT, (Joelle) wrote:
>>
>> >Congrats.
>> >
>> >And leave the laptop home for the honeymoon.
>>
>> Thanks. :-) We will.
>
>We'll see.

We already do. I'm the one who can see and you're the one who can
walk, remember?

LMAO

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 11:39 PM
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:06:17 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"'Kate" > wrote in message
>> On 28 Dec 2004 06:18:59 -0800, "Paul & Cele" > wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> >Cele: I'm entirely fine with it. Here, let's try this: Hey you guys on
>> >assp: If a fellow gives you a ring that closely resembles an engagement
>> >ring, and says the words, "Cele, would you do something for me? Would
>> >you marry me?" what do you think he is indicating about his intentions?
>>
>> Hmm... that's a tricky one. Could mean he wants to get um.. some...
>> and is use to giving women rings to do it.
>
>Is there anything I could say in reply to this that wouldn't get me into
>trouble?

Sure. There's...."Not me, no way, I adore Cele and would never ever do
anything to hurt her....."

But I'll settle for the stuff you already said. LOL

>> >Oh, and if you say, "Yes," does that mean you should set a date? Urgent
>> >replies requested, as the date setting part needs to be got on with if
>> >appropriate..........
>>
>> LOL... I haven't a clue. Check with the married folks.
>
>Are there many in here these days?

Lisa, I think.....who else? Can't remember. Oh. Where's Bri? We
haven't heard from her in ages, have we?

>> <snip>
>>
>> >Merry Christmas, everyone.
>> >
>> >Cele & Paul
>>
>> Let's see... it's December what? 'Bout time you guys came up for air.
>
>We had major internet connection issues.

Yes. We did.

>That's my story and I'm sticking to it like glue.

Especially since it's also true.

>> Congratulations!
>
>Thanks, 'Kate.

What he said.

Cele

Cele
January 2nd 05, 11:42 PM
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:09:25 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message

>Urgent
>if

>there.
>> >
>> >Absolutely! Set the date! After all, that's the point of getting
>engaged,
>> >isn't it?
>> >
>> >Congratulations.
>
>Thanks both and we really *are* working hard to finalise a date.

This is true. We're trying for Christmas holidays, of course, and
probably after Christmas day so we can do that at home with family.
But of course there's no reason we can't have the wedding, then do
Christmas, *then* go on a honeymoon....

We'll let you know.

>> Thanks! We'll keep you posted. Now to survive the intervening spans of
>> separation......
>
>Yeah, you can say that again.

Now to survive....ah, hell with it. ;-)

>> I want March to come. OK, really, I want August to come.
>
>Want, want, want, that's all I ever hear from you.

That's true. I'm terribly demanding. LOL

>Don't ever change. :-)

Won't I start to smell bad after awhile?

Cele

Cele
January 3rd 05, 12:13 AM
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:12:46 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

[...]

>> Heh. Nah, fact is, we had a monster of a time getting a broadband
>> drop. I took my laptop for various reasons, but partly because it's a
>> good games & DVD machine when you've got kids along. But we hoped to
>> follow this post up sooner, except only the Boston hotel had a drop.
>> Neither of us has a dialup account and we were just too darned *busy*
>> to get our act together & go to a net cafe.
>
>And "busy" should be taken literally, okay? With two kids around there
>wasn't much free time for the two of us.

No kidding. And I'm already getting ragged on by family for not seeing
things we were told to go see. I told 'em we'll just have to go back.
:-)

But the things we did do were fun. Except the whacked on the back of
the head part. So okay, everybody, how's this for ridiculous? A
Canadian and two Welshmen go skating in Central Park. The Canadian has
been skating for so long she can't remember not knowing how. The Welsh
child has skated once and the adult, not at all. Now. Who remains
upright, and who has a moderately impressive fall involving a nasty
lump on the head and first aid intervention? I'll give you a clue. The
latter wasn't anyone from Wales.

Then two Welshmen and two Canadians from the *Yukon* go off to find a
horse drawn buggy for a quasi-romantic (how romantic is it going to be
with tired kids along??) ride through Central Park. Who gets
hypothermic? The ones with no experience of extreme climate? The one
who went to a cold climate and had to adjust in adulthood? Nope. The
one who was flipping raised in the Yukon......

Then there was that safari. No, wait. It wasn't a safari. It was a
shopping trip to FAO Schwartz. That would be, the toystore in Home
Alone and Miracle on 34th Street. I *thought* it was a safari, at
first. There were full sized giraffes, and elephants, and ....what
were those other animals? Oh, right. Grizzlies. Penguins. All sorts of
stuff. Stuffed. Stuffed animals. Never saw anything like it. Who would
have guessed that a full sized realistic stuffed elephant comes in at
$1400? Not me.....

Who buys these things?

We did lots and lots of things. It was wonderful.

Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....

>Did that sound sufficiently hard done by? I hope so. ;-)

Heh. Can't fool me. I was *there*. LOL

Cele

Paul Griffiths
January 3rd 05, 08:31 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:02:04 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:

> >> No, actually we don't.
> >
> >Why not? :-(
> >
> >It's because I'm old, fat and ugly isn't it?
>
> Hey! You're not ugly!

<Sigh>

Thanks, Honey.

> [chortle]

:-Þ

> You're a keeper, though....

Aww!

> LOL

:-D

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 3rd 05, 08:34 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:03:02 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:

> >> Thanks. :-) We will.
> >
> >We'll see.
>
> We already do. I'm the one who can see and you're the one who can
> walk, remember?

Oh yeah. Good point. Thanks for reminding me.

> LMAO

Has anyone mentioned that you're having too much fun yet?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 3rd 05, 08:46 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:06:17 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"'Kate" > wrote in message
> >> On 28 Dec 2004 06:18:59 -0800, "Paul & Cele" > wrote:

> >> <snip>

> >> Hmm... that's a tricky one. Could mean he wants to get um.. some...
> >> and is use to giving women rings to do it.
> >
> >Is there anything I could say in reply to this that wouldn't get me into
> >trouble?
>
> Sure. There's...."Not me, no way, I adore Cele and would never ever do
> anything to hurt her....."

Okay then.

In answer to 'Kate's point I would just like to say. Not me, no way, I
adore Cele and would never ever do anything to hurt her.

> But I'll settle for the stuff you already said. LOL

You've never struck me as the type to "settle" Cele. Is this maturity?

Urgent

> >> LOL... I haven't a clue. Check with the married folks.
> >
> >Are there many in here these days?
>
> Lisa, I think.....who else? Can't remember. Oh. Where's Bri? We
> haven't heard from her in ages, have we?

I tend to see that as a good thing on the whole.

> >> Let's see... it's December what? 'Bout time you guys came up for air.
> >
> >We had major internet connection issues.
>
> Yes. We did.

Weird that. As a point of interest I had a broadband connection in the
hotel in London and no use for it.

> >That's my story and I'm sticking to it like glue.
>
> Especially since it's also true.

Indeed.

> >> Congratulations!
> >
> >Thanks, 'Kate.
>
> What he said.

LOL

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 3rd 05, 08:51 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:09:25 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> I want March to come. OK, really, I want August to come.
> >
> >Want, want, want, that's all I ever hear from you.
>
> That's true. I'm terribly demanding. LOL

I'd just like to take this chance to point out that it wasn't a complaint of
any kind, okay?

> >Don't ever change. :-)
>
> Won't I start to smell bad after awhile?

I'll cope.

--
Paul Griffiths

Alex Nemeth
January 4th 05, 12:00 AM
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:12:46 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:30:51 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
>> wrote:

>> ><chuckle> After all those "get a room" posts you finally did. :-)
>>
>> Yup. ;-)
>
>Yeah, I liked that part too.
>
>> >Must have been all that snow tha kept you under "wraps" for this long
>>
>> Heh. Nah, fact is, we had a monster of a time getting a broadband
>> drop. I took my laptop for various reasons, but partly because it's a
>> good games & DVD machine when you've got kids along. But we hoped to
>> follow this post up sooner, except only the Boston hotel had a drop.
>> Neither of us has a dialup account and we were just too darned *busy*
>> to get our act together & go to a net cafe.

I still think the Snow idea is more romatic :-)

>And "busy" should be taken literally, okay? With two kids around there
>wasn't much free time for the two of us.

<chuckle> I was reminded on Christmas day what it was like to have 4
kids under the age of 6 running around, either chasing or being chased
by the dog ( which is a Sable Collie, not a small dog ) :-) All
in-doors

>Did that sound sufficiently hard done by? I hope so. ;-)
>
>> I'm home now, though, and Paul & Pete'll be back at their home
>> tomorrow. So I'm answering 'cause I got here first. :-)
>
>Pete's still not home. He's having a few days with his grandparents.
>
>> Happy New Year!
>
>Indeed yes, what she said, again!

Alex Nemeth
January 4th 05, 12:02 AM
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:13:32 GMT, Cele > wrote:

>On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:12:46 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>> Heh. Nah, fact is, we had a monster of a time getting a broadband
>>> drop. I took my laptop for various reasons, but partly because it's a
>>> good games & DVD machine when you've got kids along. But we hoped to
>>> follow this post up sooner, except only the Boston hotel had a drop.
>>> Neither of us has a dialup account and we were just too darned *busy*
>>> to get our act together & go to a net cafe.
>>
>>And "busy" should be taken literally, okay? With two kids around there
>>wasn't much free time for the two of us.
>
>No kidding. And I'm already getting ragged on by family for not seeing
>things we were told to go see. I told 'em we'll just have to go back.
>:-)
>
>But the things we did do were fun. Except the whacked on the back of
>the head part. So okay, everybody, how's this for ridiculous? A
>Canadian and two Welshmen go skating in Central Park. The Canadian has
>been skating for so long she can't remember not knowing how. The Welsh
>child has skated once and the adult, not at all. Now. Who remains
>upright, and who has a moderately impressive fall involving a nasty
>lump on the head and first aid intervention? I'll give you a clue. The
>latter wasn't anyone from Wales.
>
>Then two Welshmen and two Canadians from the *Yukon* go off to find a
>horse drawn buggy for a quasi-romantic (how romantic is it going to be
>with tired kids along??) ride through Central Park. Who gets
>hypothermic? The ones with no experience of extreme climate? The one
>who went to a cold climate and had to adjust in adulthood? Nope. The
>one who was flipping raised in the Yukon......
>
>Then there was that safari. No, wait. It wasn't a safari. It was a
>shopping trip to FAO Schwartz. That would be, the toystore in Home
>Alone and Miracle on 34th Street. I *thought* it was a safari, at
>first. There were full sized giraffes, and elephants, and ....what
>were those other animals? Oh, right. Grizzlies. Penguins. All sorts of
>stuff. Stuffed. Stuffed animals. Never saw anything like it. Who would
>have guessed that a full sized realistic stuffed elephant comes in at
>$1400? Not me.....
>
>Who buys these things?
>
>We did lots and lots of things. It was wonderful.
>
>Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....

And which area in the world will that be in?
----- Curious readers would like to know

>>Did that sound sufficiently hard done by? I hope so. ;-)
>
>Heh. Can't fool me. I was *there*. LOL
>
>Cele

Tiffany
January 4th 05, 01:16 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:12:46 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> Heh. Nah, fact is, we had a monster of a time getting a broadband
>>> drop. I took my laptop for various reasons, but partly because it's a
>>> good games & DVD machine when you've got kids along. But we hoped to
>>> follow this post up sooner, except only the Boston hotel had a drop.
>>> Neither of us has a dialup account and we were just too darned *busy*
>>> to get our act together & go to a net cafe.
>>
>>And "busy" should be taken literally, okay? With two kids around there
>>wasn't much free time for the two of us.
>
> No kidding. And I'm already getting ragged on by family for not seeing
> things we were told to go see. I told 'em we'll just have to go back.
> :-)
>
> But the things we did do were fun. Except the whacked on the back of
> the head part. So okay, everybody, how's this for ridiculous? A
> Canadian and two Welshmen go skating in Central Park. The Canadian has
> been skating for so long she can't remember not knowing how. The Welsh
> child has skated once and the adult, not at all. Now. Who remains
> upright, and who has a moderately impressive fall involving a nasty
> lump on the head and first aid intervention? I'll give you a clue. The
> latter wasn't anyone from Wales.
>
> Then two Welshmen and two Canadians from the *Yukon* go off to find a
> horse drawn buggy for a quasi-romantic (how romantic is it going to be
> with tired kids along??) ride through Central Park. Who gets
> hypothermic? The ones with no experience of extreme climate? The one
> who went to a cold climate and had to adjust in adulthood? Nope. The
> one who was flipping raised in the Yukon......
>
> Then there was that safari. No, wait. It wasn't a safari. It was a
> shopping trip to FAO Schwartz. That would be, the toystore in Home
> Alone and Miracle on 34th Street. I *thought* it was a safari, at
> first. There were full sized giraffes, and elephants, and ....what
> were those other animals? Oh, right. Grizzlies. Penguins. All sorts of
> stuff. Stuffed. Stuffed animals. Never saw anything like it. Who would
> have guessed that a full sized realistic stuffed elephant comes in at
> $1400? Not me.....
>
> Who buys these things?
>
> We did lots and lots of things. It was wonderful.
>
> Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....
>
>>Did that sound sufficiently hard done by? I hope so. ;-)
>
> Heh. Can't fool me. I was *there*. LOL
>
> Cele

That is such an awesome toy store!

Congratulations both of you btw. I never got enough time off work to make
the trip to NYC. Actually I got no time off. :) I am glad you had a
wonderful time though. Let us know when you set a date.

Cele
January 4th 05, 02:09 AM
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:16:37 -0500, "Tiffany" >
wrote:

[snip]

>That is such an awesome toy store!

Is it ever! We were in awe. I actually took pictures. :-)

>Congratulations both of you btw.

Thanks. I can't believe how happy I am, and grateful for good things
in life. I haven't felt truly *happy* in a long, long time, and it's
just a lovely thing. Paul is a gift, and so is Pete. (Don't tell him I
said that!)

> I never got enough time off work to make
>the trip to NYC. Actually I got no time off. :)

Ugh, that stinks. I hope you had a good holiday with your family, all
the same.

> I am glad you had a
>wonderful time though. Let us know when you set a date.

Thanks. We did, and we will.

Be well.

Cele

Cele
January 4th 05, 02:14 AM
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:31:42 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:02:04 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:

>> >Why not? :-(
>> >
>> >It's because I'm old, fat and ugly isn't it?
>>
>> Hey! You're not ugly!
>
><Sigh>

I like the way you look. You *are* very old, being what, nineteen
months older than I am, but I always did think older men were da bomb.
LMAO

>Thanks, Honey.

Any time.

>> [chortle]
>
>:-Þ
>
>> You're a keeper, though....
>
>Aww!
>
>> LOL
>
>:-D

NOW what're they gonna do? We already got a room. What'll they tell us
to do next?

(Good thing they didn't hear us singing all the way back from Boston.)

Cele

Cele
January 4th 05, 02:15 AM
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:34:32 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:03:02 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:

>> >We'll see.
>>
>> We already do. I'm the one who can see and you're the one who can
>> walk, remember?
>
>Oh yeah. Good point. Thanks for reminding me.
>
>> LMAO
>
>Has anyone mentioned that you're having too much fun yet?

No, am I? Shouldn't I be?

Damn. Get the sackcloth and ashes.

[sigh]

Cele

Cele
January 4th 05, 02:18 AM
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:55 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
wrote:

[snip]
>>Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....
>
>And which area in the world will that be in?
> ----- Curious readers would like to know

Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
Pete as we type.

Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

Cele

Betsy
January 4th 05, 04:23 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:55 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>>Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....
>>
>>And which area in the world will that be in?
>> ----- Curious readers would like to know
>
> Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
> Pete as we type.
>
> Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

I can certainly try, though it seems I'll be flying solo. Guess I wasn't
what D wanted after all. *sigh*

Betsy

> Cele

Alex Nemeth
January 5th 05, 03:39 AM
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:18:00 GMT, Cele > wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:55 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
>wrote:
>
>[snip]
>>>Next year, it'll be nice to all be together in our own home....
>>
>>And which area in the world will that be in?
>> ----- Curious readers would like to know
>
>Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
>Pete as we type.
>
>Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

My brother lives in Seattle WA.

I know this guy from another group who lives in Victoria ( on the
Island I beleive ) Haven't met him yet, we keep missing each other at
the group get togethers.

With the new job responsibilities, I'm not too sure until the last
minute.

Alex

>Cele

Cele
January 5th 05, 05:30 AM
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 04:23:19 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:55 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
>> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>>
>>>And which area in the world will that be in?
>>> ----- Curious readers would like to know
>>
>> Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
>> Pete as we type.
>>
>> Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?
>
>I can certainly try, though it seems I'll be flying solo. Guess I wasn't
>what D wanted after all. *sigh*

Ah, I'm sorry. Well, hell, then he wasn't what *you* wanted, either,
if that's the case.

Cele

Cele
January 5th 05, 05:30 AM
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:39:46 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:18:00 GMT, Cele > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:55 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
>>wrote:
>>
>>[snip]
>>>
>>>And which area in the world will that be in?
>>> ----- Curious readers would like to know
>>
>>Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
>>Pete as we type.
>>
>>Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?
>>

>My brother lives in Seattle WA.

I've got a couple of second cousins there. It's only about two hours,
if that, from here.

>I know this guy from another group who lives in Victoria ( on the
>Island I beleive ) Haven't met him yet, we keep missing each other at
>the group get togethers.

I've got gazillions of relatives in Victoria - I graduated from high
school there. You're right about it being on the Island. It's a ferry
ride away.

>With the new job responsibilities, I'm not too sure until the last
>minute.

No problem. We haven't fixed a date yet anyway, but when we have,
we'll say so. :-)

Cele

Cele
January 5th 05, 05:31 AM
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:00:06 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
wrote:

>On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:12:46 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:
>
>>"Cele" > wrote in message

>>> Yup. ;-)
>>
>>Yeah, I liked that part too.

>>> Heh. Nah, fact is, we had a monster of a time getting a broadband
>>> drop. I took my laptop for various reasons, but partly because it's a
>>> good games & DVD machine when you've got kids along. But we hoped to
>>> follow this post up sooner, except only the Boston hotel had a drop.
>>> Neither of us has a dialup account and we were just too darned *busy*
>>> to get our act together & go to a net cafe.
>>

>I still think the Snow idea is more romatic :-)

Well, it *did* snow Christmas Eve, and we *did* think it was romantic,
to be sure.

>>And "busy" should be taken literally, okay? With two kids around there
>>wasn't much free time for the two of us.
>>

><chuckle> I was reminded on Christmas day what it was like to have 4
>kids under the age of 6 running around, either chasing or being chased
>by the dog ( which is a Sable Collie, not a small dog ) :-) All
>in-doors

Sounds extremely lively. Next year, we may well have a crowd, 'cause
my daughters & their partners & Pete & Paul and I will all likely be
in town. But no kids yet, and hopefully not for awhile, as mine aren't
ready and Pauls *certainly* isn't there yet.

Then again, there'll be this wedding, which might draw a few extra
people to town that time of year....

Cele

xkatx
January 5th 05, 06:12 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:39:46 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 02:18:00 GMT, Cele > wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:55 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>[snip]

>>>Western Canada. I'm working on schools for Paul's consideration for
>>>Pete as we type.
>>>
>>>Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?
>>>

>>My brother lives in Seattle WA.
>
> I've got a couple of second cousins there. It's only about two hours,
> if that, from here.
>
>>I know this guy from another group who lives in Victoria ( on the
>>Island I beleive ) Haven't met him yet, we keep missing each other at
>>the group get togethers.
>
> I've got gazillions of relatives in Victoria - I graduated from high
> school there. You're right about it being on the Island. It's a ferry
> ride away.
>
>>With the new job responsibilities, I'm not too sure until the last
>>minute.
>
> No problem. We haven't fixed a date yet anyway, but when we have,
> we'll say so. :-)
>
> Cele

Oooh... I wanna go! :( Last time I made it to Van was for a few days for
New Year's last year... A normal 12-13ish hour trip took over 17 hours,
since traffic was going at about 50km/h from Kamloops all the way down to
Vancouver... Lovely, lovely blizzard that hit about an hour out of
Kamloops... lol Never again will I do that, since we left before 10am and
when we pulled into the city and I stopped at a payphone to call home to let
my mom know we'd gotten there alright, she had told me it was after 3am.
I had a great time, even after the long commute down there, and even though
we stayed only 3 nights and 3 days (with no sleep at all, obviously hehe...)
I didn't mind the trek back home so soon. Drove 90% of the way home with
the windows completely down so I wouldn't fall asleep... lol
Wanted to go this year, but time, energy, work and money wouldn't allow it.
*sigh* perhaps next year?

Cele
January 5th 05, 07:20 AM
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:12:36 -0700, "xkatx" >
wrote:

>> No problem. We haven't fixed a date yet anyway, but when we have,
>> we'll say so. :-)
>>
>> Cele
>
>Oooh... I wanna go! :( Last time I made it to Van was for a few days for
>New Year's last year... A normal 12-13ish hour trip took over 17 hours,
>since traffic was going at about 50km/h from Kamloops all the way down to
>Vancouver... Lovely, lovely blizzard that hit about an hour out of
>Kamloops... lol Never again will I do that, since we left before 10am and
>when we pulled into the city and I stopped at a payphone to call home to let
>my mom know we'd gotten there alright, she had told me it was after 3am.
>I had a great time, even after the long commute down there, and even though
>we stayed only 3 nights and 3 days (with no sleep at all, obviously hehe...)
>I didn't mind the trek back home so soon. Drove 90% of the way home with
>the windows completely down so I wouldn't fall asleep... lol
>Wanted to go this year, but time, energy, work and money wouldn't allow it.
>*sigh* perhaps next year?

Well, next year is when the wedding is...that is, the end of this
year, I guess. Christine's in the same place as you, right? So maybe
you guys could share driving or something. :-)

You're right, it should only be around 12 hours, but hey, it's an El
Nino year, so maybe it'll make for a mild Christmas. If it's clear in
the Rockies, the rest is easy. I know; I've done the Alaska Highway in
winter a few times.

Anyway, we'll keep you posted. Failing that, we're going to someone
else's wedding in August, so maybe on the way back we could come
through Edmonton & Calgary instead of going straight out. Guess we'll
have to see how it all shakes down.

Good luck with all your other stuff. I forgot to ask when the baby's
due? Hang in there. Your folks may react all over the place, but what
can they do? Your life's your own. Take care, XkatX

Cele

CME
January 5th 05, 04:54 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:12:36 -0700, "xkatx" >
> wrote:
>
>>> No problem. We haven't fixed a date yet anyway, but when we have,
>>> we'll say so. :-)
>>>
>>> Cele
>>
>>Oooh... I wanna go! :( Last time I made it to Van was for a few days for
>>New Year's last year... A normal 12-13ish hour trip took over 17 hours,
>>since traffic was going at about 50km/h from Kamloops all the way down to
>>Vancouver... Lovely, lovely blizzard that hit about an hour out of
>>Kamloops... lol Never again will I do that, since we left before 10am and
>>when we pulled into the city and I stopped at a payphone to call home to
>>let
>>my mom know we'd gotten there alright, she had told me it was after 3am.
>>I had a great time, even after the long commute down there, and even
>>though
>>we stayed only 3 nights and 3 days (with no sleep at all, obviously
>>hehe...)
>>I didn't mind the trek back home so soon. Drove 90% of the way home with
>>the windows completely down so I wouldn't fall asleep... lol
>>Wanted to go this year, but time, energy, work and money wouldn't allow
>>it.
>>*sigh* perhaps next year?
>
> Well, next year is when the wedding is...that is, the end of this
> year, I guess. Christine's in the same place as you, right? So maybe
> you guys could share driving or something. :-)
>
> You're right, it should only be around 12 hours, but hey, it's an El
> Nino year, so maybe it'll make for a mild Christmas. If it's clear in
> the Rockies, the rest is easy. I know; I've done the Alaska Highway in
> winter a few times.
>
> Anyway, we'll keep you posted. Failing that, we're going to someone
> else's wedding in August, so maybe on the way back we could come
> through Edmonton & Calgary instead of going straight out. Guess we'll
> have to see how it all shakes down.
>
> Good luck with all your other stuff. I forgot to ask when the baby's
> due? Hang in there. Your folks may react all over the place, but what
> can they do? Your life's your own. Take care, XkatX
>
> Cele

Will the wedding be in Vancouver? If that's the case, given enough notice,
I might be able to attend. ;)

Christine

denanson
January 5th 05, 07:38 PM
"Cele" < wrote in message

> Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?

Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!

Dennis

denanson
January 5th 05, 08:01 PM
"Betsy" < wrote in message

> Guess I wasn't what D wanted after all. *sigh*

Yeah, these own way relationships are a bummer.
He did you a favour, your worth far more that.

Dennis

Betsy
January 5th 05, 11:30 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "Betsy" < wrote in message
>
>> Guess I wasn't what D wanted after all. *sigh*
>
> Yeah, these own way relationships are a bummer.
> He did you a favour, your worth far more that.
>
> Dennis

Thanks for that Dennis....Hey...wanna marry me :-p

Betsy

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:31 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:31:42 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:02:04 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"

<snip>

> >> Hey! You're not ugly!
> >
> ><Sigh>
>
> I like the way you look. You *are* very old, being what, nineteen
> months older than I am, but I always did think older men were da bomb.
> LMAO

Is "da bomb" a good thing to be?

<snip>

> >> You're a keeper, though....
> >
> >Aww!
> >
> >> LOL
> >
> >:-D
>
> NOW what're they gonna do? We already got a room. What'll they tell us
> to do next?

Maybe to get one with a DOOR?

> (Good thing they didn't hear us singing all the way back from Boston.)

I should say, Pete still gets nightmares.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:33 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:34:32 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> LMAO
> >
> >Has anyone mentioned that you're having too much fun yet?
>
> No, am I? Shouldn't I be?

I don't think so and I don't see it as a problem but I'm always a little,
umm, wary when things seem to be going too well. Maybe I'm just a cynic.

> Damn. Get the sackcloth and ashes.

You'd look good in sackcloth. Not sure about the ashes though.

> [sigh]

Aww.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:35 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Then there was that safari. No, wait. It wasn't a safari. It was a
> shopping trip to FAO Schwartz. That would be, the toystore in Home
> Alone and Miracle on 34th Street. I *thought* it was a safari, at
> first. There were full sized giraffes, and elephants, and ....what
> were those other animals? Oh, right. Grizzlies. Penguins. All sorts of
> stuff. Stuffed. Stuffed animals. Never saw anything like it. Who would
> have guessed that a full sized realistic stuffed elephant comes in at
> $1400? Not me.....

Missed a zero there, Cele, the elephant was $14,000. Could get a decent car
for that, or two Kias, I suppose. ;-)

> Who buys these things?

And why?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:36 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 04:23:19 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?
> >
> >I can certainly try, though it seems I'll be flying solo. Guess I wasn't
> >what D wanted after all. *sigh*
>
> Ah, I'm sorry. Well, hell, then he wasn't what *you* wanted, either,
> if that's the case.

That certainly sounds like the best way to think of it and I'm sorry too.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:39 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Will the wedding be in Vancouver? If that's the case, given enough
notice,
> I might be able to attend. ;)

That's what we're planning at the moment, yes. How much notice do you need?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:40 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> "Cele" < wrote in message
> >
> > Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?
>
> Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!

I'm sure it's not a problem for us if it's not a problem for you. I think I
owe you a beer anyway don't I?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:43 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:16:37 -0500, "Tiffany" >
> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >That is such an awesome toy store!
>
> Is it ever! We were in awe. I actually took pictures. :-)

Did you not get to see Hamley's when you were in London, Cele?

> >Congratulations both of you btw.
>
> Thanks. I can't believe how happy I am, and grateful for good things
> in life. I haven't felt truly *happy* in a long, long time, and it's
> just a lovely thing.

Happy, for sure, but it also feels "right" and comfortable too in a way
that's difficult to explain.

> Paul is a gift, and so is Pete. (Don't tell him I said that!)

No problem. I read this part with my eyes closed so I didn't see what you'd
said.

> > I never got enough time off work to make
> >the trip to NYC. Actually I got no time off. :)
>
> Ugh, that stinks. I hope you had a good holiday with your family, all
> the same.

Indeed yes. It's much more about the who than the where IMHO.

> > I am glad you had a
> >wonderful time though. Let us know when you set a date.
>
> Thanks. We did, and we will.

I think we probably need to give it some more thought urgently, don't we?

> Be well.

Amen.

Paul

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:46 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:00:06 GMT, Alex Nemeth >
> wrote:
> >On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:12:46 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:

<snip>

> >>And "busy" should be taken literally, okay? With two kids around there
> >>wasn't much free time for the two of us.
> >
> ><chuckle> I was reminded on Christmas day what it was like to have 4
> >kids under the age of 6 running around, either chasing or being chased
> >by the dog ( which is a Sable Collie, not a small dog ) :-) All
> >in-doors
>
> Sounds extremely lively. Next year, we may well have a crowd, 'cause
> my daughters & their partners & Pete & Paul and I will all likely be
> in town. But no kids yet, and hopefully not for awhile, as mine aren't
> ready and Pauls *certainly* isn't there yet.

Don't forget to mention that we're both far too young to be grandparents as
well, okay?

> Then again, there'll be this wedding, which might draw a few extra
> people to town that time of year....

Sounds like fun.

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
January 6th 05, 12:12 AM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "Cele" < wrote in message
>>
>> Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?
>
> Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!
>
> Dennis

I thought that was a given... so mine would be coming along as well. If
that's a problem speak now...

Christine

CME
January 6th 05, 12:13 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>> Will the wedding be in Vancouver? If that's the case, given enough
> notice,
>> I might be able to attend. ;)
>
> That's what we're planning at the moment, yes. How much notice do you
> need?
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Just a few months should suffice so I know to start saving.

Christine

Paul Griffiths
January 6th 05, 12:24 AM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "CME" > wrote in message
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Will the wedding be in Vancouver? If that's the case, given enough
> >> notice, I might be able to attend. ;)
> >
> > That's what we're planning at the moment, yes. How much notice do you
> > need?
>
> Just a few months should suffice so I know to start saving.

I think we can probably manage that.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 6th 05, 12:32 AM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> > "Cele" < wrote in message
> >>
> >> Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?
> >
> > Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!
>
> I thought that was a given... so mine would be coming along as well. If
> that's a problem speak now...

It isn't a problem at all. Heck it's a plus point. No worries.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
January 6th 05, 12:55 AM
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:54:14 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>Will the wedding be in Vancouver? If that's the case, given enough notice,
>I might be able to attend. ;)

Yes. That's one thing we *do* have organised: location. It'll be at
the North Shore Unitarian Church in North Vancouver.

I hope you can make it! It would be wonderful to see lots of people
from assp there!

Cele

Cele
January 6th 05, 12:56 AM
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:38:16 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Cele" < wrote in message
>>
>> Anyone able to make it to Vancouver next Christmas?
>
>Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!
>
>Dennis

Freddie's welcome. Pete, after all, has a significant role. And plenty
of our guests have kids, and many will bring them. It wouldn't be a
wedding right for either Paul or me if kids weren't welcome, I don't
think.

Cele

Cele
January 6th 05, 02:02 AM
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:31:12 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

[snip]

>Is "da bomb" a good thing to be?

Depends whether or not you're on an airplane, I expect. :-P

[snip]

>> NOW what're they gonna do? We already got a room. What'll they tell us
>> to do next?
>
>Maybe to get one with a DOOR?

Now, that would be a real treat......

>> (Good thing they didn't hear us singing all the way back from Boston.)
>
>I should say, Pete still gets nightmares.

Just so his spirit isn't crushed, and his dreems and aspirations
aren't trampled.

Cele

Cele
January 6th 05, 02:06 AM
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:33:09 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:34:32 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>> >"Cele" > wrote in message
>
><snip>

>> >Has anyone mentioned that you're having too much fun yet?
>>
>> No, am I? Shouldn't I be?
>
>I don't think so and I don't see it as a problem but I'm always a little,
>umm, wary when things seem to be going too well. Maybe I'm just a cynic.

Yeah, I can sure see why that might be. I considered that approach,
but decided I'd best jump in with both feet when things are going
well, 'cause if I worry about cynicism I might miss the good bits. So
I do denial of possibilities that haven't happened yet. The world is a
dangerous place; whenever you're actually balanced on the wire,
might's well look around at the view.....;-)

>> Damn. Get the sackcloth and ashes.
>
>You'd look good in sackcloth. Not sure about the ashes though.

Why thank you...I think. I can't say I've any great yearning to try
ashes.

Cele

Cele
January 6th 05, 02:15 AM
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:43:55 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:16:37 -0500, "Tiffany" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> >That is such an awesome toy store!
>>
>> Is it ever! We were in awe. I actually took pictures. :-)
>
>Did you not get to see Hamley's when you were in London, Cele?

Nope. How come you never suggested it, then?

>> >Congratulations both of you btw.
>>
>> Thanks. I can't believe how happy I am, and grateful for good things
>> in life. I haven't felt truly *happy* in a long, long time, and it's
>> just a lovely thing.
>
>Happy, for sure, but it also feels "right" and comfortable too in a way
>that's difficult to explain.

All kidding aside, that is absolutely true, for me, as well. It's like
one of those puzzles where all the pieces are the same shape, when you
put in the last piece, and everything just.....fits.

>> Paul is a gift, and so is Pete. (Don't tell him I said that!)
>
>No problem. I read this part with my eyes closed so I didn't see what you'd
>said.

Whew. Good, 'cause we were talkin' aboutcha, not tooya.

>> > I never got enough time off work to make
>> >the trip to NYC. Actually I got no time off. :)
>>
>> Ugh, that stinks. I hope you had a good holiday with your family, all
>> the same.
>
>Indeed yes. It's much more about the who than the where IMHO.

To be sure...

>> > I am glad you had a
>> >wonderful time though. Let us know when you set a date.
>>
>> Thanks. We did, and we will.
>
>I think we probably need to give it some more thought urgently, don't we?

Got some problems with minister availability. I'll email you.

Cele

Cele
January 6th 05, 02:16 AM
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:35:49 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>
><snip>
>
>> Then there was that safari. No, wait. It wasn't a safari. It was a
>> shopping trip to FAO Schwartz. That would be, the toystore in Home
>> Alone and Miracle on 34th Street. I *thought* it was a safari, at
>> first. There were full sized giraffes, and elephants, and ....what
>> were those other animals? Oh, right. Grizzlies. Penguins. All sorts of
>> stuff. Stuffed. Stuffed animals. Never saw anything like it. Who would
>> have guessed that a full sized realistic stuffed elephant comes in at
>> $1400? Not me.....
>
>Missed a zero there, Cele, the elephant was $14,000.

Damn. I thought it might be, but I was afraid to, uh, stick my neck
out. Hence the elephant rather than the giraffe.

> Could get a decent car
>for that, or two Kias, I suppose. ;-)

Only if you paid market price. If you paid what the Kias were *worth*,
you could get.....um.....140......

>> Who buys these things?
>
>And why?

No kidding!

Cele

Betsy
January 6th 05, 02:46 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 04:23:19 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:
>> >"Cele" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>

>> >I can certainly try, though it seems I'll be flying solo. Guess I
>> >wasn't
>> >what D wanted after all. *sigh*
>>
>> Ah, I'm sorry. Well, hell, then he wasn't what *you* wanted, either,
>> if that's the case.
>
> That certainly sounds like the best way to think of it and I'm sorry too.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm working on it. :)

Betsy

denanson
January 8th 05, 11:02 AM
"Cele" < wrote in message

> Yes. That's one thing we *do* have organised: location. It'll be at
> the North Shore Unitarian Church in North Vancouver.

Ah, the church is the congregation so it will be whatever you make it.

> I hope you can make it! It would be wonderful to see lots of people
> from assp there!

But how would you know they were from assp? We have never met ,-)

Dennis

denanson
January 8th 05, 11:04 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

>> Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!
>
> I'm sure it's not a problem for us if it's not a problem for you. I think
> owe you a beer anyway don't I?

OK but I insist on the first round!
Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?

Dennis

Paul Griffiths
January 8th 05, 04:32 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!
> >
> > I'm sure it's not a problem for us if it's not a problem for you. I
think
> > I owe you a beer anyway don't I?
>
> OK but I insist on the first round!

Sounds fine to me.

> Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?

It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily available
in the U.S.

--
Paul Griffiths

Cele
January 8th 05, 07:39 PM
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:02:42 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Cele" < wrote in message
>>
>> Yes. That's one thing we *do* have organised: location. It'll be at
>> the North Shore Unitarian Church in North Vancouver.
>
>Ah, the church is the congregation so it will be whatever you make it.

Huh? I don't think I understand this sentence? Maybe I'm having a
brain dead moment....

>> I hope you can make it! It would be wonderful to see lots of people
>> from assp there!
>
>But how would you know they were from assp? We have never met ,-)

Well, we could always put cards in the invitations. Or, y'know, the
ones neither of us recognise will be assp people....

[g]

Cele

Cele
January 8th 05, 07:41 PM
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:04:59 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Don't count me out but I never go anywhere without Freddie!
>>
>> I'm sure it's not a problem for us if it's not a problem for you. I think
>> owe you a beer anyway don't I?
>
>OK but I insist on the first round!
>Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?
>
>Dennis

Damn straight! None of that watery, insipid stuff they have down below
the border (yeah yeah yeah, flame away, I'm Canadian, we do real
beer). In Canada we have *real* beer.

So do I get a beer too, or is this a guy-only thing?

Cele

denanson
January 8th 05, 07:50 PM
"Betsy" < wrote in message

> "denanson" <> wrote in message

>> "Betsy" < wrote in message
>>
>>> Guess I wasn't what D wanted after all. *sigh*
>>
>> Yeah, these own way relationships are a bummer.
>> He did you a favour, your worth far more that.

> Thanks for that Dennis....Hey...wanna marry me :-p

Love to but we will have to join the queue ;-)

Dennis

denanson
January 8th 05, 07:58 PM
"Cele" < wrote in message

> "denanson" <Dennis> wrote:

>>"Cele" < wrote in message
>>>
>>> Yes. That's one thing we *do* have organised: location. It'll be at
>>> the North Shore Unitarian Church in North Vancouver.
>>
>>Ah, the church is the congregation so it will be whatever you make it.
>
> Huh? I don't think I understand this sentence? Maybe I'm having a
> brain dead moment....

Over here the Unitarian Church is the sum of its parts on any given day.
They do not dictate how the congregation should be, rather they let the
congregation "be" the church.
Are they more authoritarian over there?

>>> I hope you can make it! It would be wonderful to see lots of people
>>> from assp there!
>>
>>But how would you know they were from assp? We have never met ,-)
>
> Well, we could always put cards in the invitations. Or, y'know, the
> ones neither of us recognise will be assp people....
>
> [g]
Yeah but we have a huge advantage. You two will be all gooey eyed and be
somewhere near the front. We will know you straight way.

Dennis

denanson
January 8th 05, 08:03 PM
"Paul Griffiths" < wrote in message

> "denanson" > wrote in message

>> Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?

> It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily
> available
> in the U.S.

Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
about this stuff.
The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----

denanson
January 8th 05, 08:05 PM
"Cele" < wrote in message

> So do I get a beer too, or is this a guy-only thing?

See Paul! Like I was saying!

Dennis ;-)

CME
January 9th 05, 01:09 AM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "Paul Griffiths" < wrote in message
>
>> "denanson" > wrote in message
>
>>> Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?
>
>> It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily
>> available
>> in the U.S.
>
> Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
> about this stuff.
> The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----

Hey I can handle a strip club, hell I've probably been in them more often
than most of you. lol

Christine

P. Fritz
January 9th 05, 01:31 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

>>> It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily
>>> available
>>> in the U.S.
>>
>> Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be
traditional
>> about this stuff.
>> The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
>
> Hey I can handle a strip club, hell I've probably been in them more
often
> than most of you. lol
>
> Christine

Working????? <sorry - couldn't resist....it was too easy>

I've never been in one, have had no desire......why get worked up about
something you can't have?

Cele
January 9th 05, 03:37 PM
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:58:24 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Cele" < wrote in message

>>>Ah, the church is the congregation so it will be whatever you make it.
>>
>> Huh? I don't think I understand this sentence? Maybe I'm having a
>> brain dead moment....
>
>Over here the Unitarian Church is the sum of its parts on any given day.
>They do not dictate how the congregation should be, rather they let the
>congregation "be" the church.
>Are they more authoritarian over there?

Ah, ok, gotcha. No, you don't find any dogma in Unitarian churches.
There are, however, actual principles to which we attempt to adhere,
so it's not *totally* random. :-)

As for the wedding, we do write our own vows & put together the
ceremony together with the minister. So to a significant degree the
ceremony will be what we make it, alright.

>>>But how would you know they were from assp? We have never met ,-)
>>
>> Well, we could always put cards in the invitations. Or, y'know, the
>> ones neither of us recognise will be assp people....
>>
>> [g]
>Yeah but we have a huge advantage. You two will be all gooey eyed and be
>somewhere near the front. We will know you straight way.

This is true. But then, you'll be the one with the Irish accent, I
suspect.....

:-P

Cele

Cele
January 9th 05, 03:38 PM
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:03:55 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Paul Griffiths" < wrote in message
>
>> "denanson" > wrote in message
>
>>> Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?
>
>> It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily
>> available
>> in the U.S.
>
>Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
>about this stuff.
>The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----

Not the night before! The night before the night before. Everyone
needs to be conscious the day of, right?

And no way, I don't wanna come to the stag. I'll be busy. With my
friends. My *female* friends.

LMAO

Cele

Cele
January 9th 05, 03:38 PM
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:09:02 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

>>> It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily
>>> available
>>> in the U.S.
>>
>> Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
>> about this stuff.
>> The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
>
>Hey I can handle a strip club, hell I've probably been in them more often
>than most of you. lol
>
>Christine

But do you *want* to?

I'm sure we can think of something more fun for us women....

Cele

Cele
January 9th 05, 03:40 PM
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:05:40 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Cele" < wrote in message
>>
>> So do I get a beer too, or is this a guy-only thing?
>
>See Paul! Like I was saying!
>
>Dennis ;-)

Heh. Nah, it's the beer I want, not the stag. That's ok. Christine and
Kate and I will just take our beer somewhere where we're wanted.....

(No! I'm not talking about the Post Office!)

Cele

Paul Griffiths
January 9th 05, 04:16 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" < wrote in message
> > "denanson" > wrote in message
>
> >> Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?
>
> > It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily
> > available in the U.S.
>
> Great. So the stag night is the night before then.

Is it? Hmm...

> Got to be traditional about this stuff.

Really? We weren't thinking of being very traditional about the rest of it.

> The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----

Girls is good. I like girls.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 9th 05, 04:17 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> >> It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily
> >> available in the U.S.
> >
> > Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
> > about this stuff.
> > The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
>
> Hey I can handle a strip club, hell I've probably been in them more often
> than most of you. lol

The question is can *I* handle a strip club. Would it be fun?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 9th 05, 04:21 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:03:55 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
> wrote:

> >> It's not at all bad, certainly a big improvement on what's readily
> >> available in the U.S.
> >
> >Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
> >about this stuff.
> >The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
>
> Not the night before! The night before the night before. Everyone
> needs to be conscious the day of, right?

I was going to say the same thing. Makes much more sense IMHO.

Luckily this way I can claim you *made* me say it. :-Þ

> And no way, I don't wanna come to the stag. I'll be busy. With my
> friends. My *female* friends.

In that case can I come to *your* party?

> LMAO

Pretty please.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 9th 05, 04:23 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:04:59 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
> wrote:

> >> I'm sure it's not a problem for us if it's not a problem for you. I
think
> >> owe you a beer anyway don't I?
> >
> >OK but I insist on the first round!
> >Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?
> >
> Damn straight! None of that watery, insipid stuff they have down below
> the border (yeah yeah yeah, flame away, I'm Canadian, we do real
> beer). In Canada we have *real* beer.

Okay, okay, we get it.

> So do I get a beer too, or is this a guy-only thing?

Of course you get a beer. That's one of the things I love about you.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 9th 05, 04:28 PM
"P. Fritz" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message

> >> Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be
> >> traditional about this stuff.
> >> The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
> >
> > Hey I can handle a strip club, hell I've probably been in them more
> > often than most of you. lol
>
> Working????? <sorry - couldn't resist....it was too easy>

She's a very good coat-check girl, Paul. Had you not noticed?

> I've never been in one, have had no desire......why get worked up about
> something you can't have?

I'm with you on this one but I think we're in the minority.

--
Paul Griffiths

Betsy
January 9th 05, 04:34 PM
"denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "Betsy" < wrote in message

>>> Yeah, these own way relationships are a bummer.
>>> He did you a favour, your worth far more that.
>

>> Thanks for that Dennis....Hey...wanna marry me :-p
>
> Love to but we will have to join the queue ;-)
>
> Dennis

Darn!! Can't we just elope and be secretive about it?? Just got out of
hospital, darn diabetes again!! Hopefully this is the only one for the
year.

Betsy

Cele
January 9th 05, 10:17 PM
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 16:34:43 GMT, "Betsy" > wrote:

>Darn!! Can't we just elope and be secretive about it?? Just got out of
>hospital, darn diabetes again!! Hopefully this is the only one for the
>year.

Hey Betsy - hope you're on the mend, at least.

Take care!

Cele

Cele
January 9th 05, 10:18 PM
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:21:07 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:03:55 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
>> wrote:

>> >Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
>> >about this stuff.
>> >The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
>>
>> Not the night before! The night before the night before. Everyone
>> needs to be conscious the day of, right?
>
>I was going to say the same thing. Makes much more sense IMHO.
>
>Luckily this way I can claim you *made* me say it. :-Þ

You'd probably claim that regardless! LOL

>> And no way, I don't wanna come to the stag. I'll be busy. With my
>> friends. My *female* friends.
>
>In that case can I come to *your* party?

I've got a better idea. Why don't we just have a party for both of us?
Say, March? ;-)

>> LMAO
>
>Pretty please.

I'm doing my best.....

Cele

Cele
January 9th 05, 10:19 PM
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:23:35 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:04:59 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
>> wrote:

>think
>> >
>> >OK but I insist on the first round!
>> >Do they sell decent beer in Canada though?
>> >
>> Damn straight! None of that watery, insipid stuff they have down below
>> the border (yeah yeah yeah, flame away, I'm Canadian, we do real
>> beer). In Canada we have *real* beer.
>
>Okay, okay, we get it.

I was hoping you might. I'm to lazy to get it myself.

>> So do I get a beer too, or is this a guy-only thing?
>
>Of course you get a beer. That's one of the things I love about you.

Depends whose turn it is, I guess.

[g]

Cele

Alex Nemeth
January 10th 05, 01:35 AM
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:17:21 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"CME" > wrote in message

They do in Kingston Ont...

>> > Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
>> > about this stuff.

I think that tradition went away a few years ago. I know I went out
the night before my wedding ( no strip clubs ) and was a seriously
hurting puppy the next day. And that was 24 yrs ago.

>> > The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
>>
>> Hey I can handle a strip club, hell I've probably been in them more often
>> than most of you. lol
>
>The question is can *I* handle a strip club. Would it be fun?

Hummm.... Depends. Let me tell you my story as I've been to a couple.

If you've never been to one, the first time may feel a bit odd, I know
mine was. My brother took me to one in Council Bluffs IA, a couple of
days before he was married. Granted I was just coming off of a 28hr
drive from Upstate NY to Omaha Neb, and had been up for 8 hrs prior to
the start of the trip ( yes those days are long gone! this was in 92 )

Anyway, this place was low key, the guys there were either in
business suites or polo shirts. Music was determined by the dancers,
when it was their turn. Bartender/waitress was cute ( there's a
story here for later ) . My brother pointed out the bouncers, who
were inconspicuous, the owners were there also. This place you
went to the dancers, they didn't come to you and there were no tables
next to the dance area.

A couple of years later, I was in Albany NY for a week long Network
training session. A couple of IT people I knew dragged me out to a
couple of different places that week. The 1st one was reasonably
clean, and the dancers were up on stage and did a brief show, then
came around to each table asking if they wanted a private table dance.
The 2nd place was a bit of a dive, kinda hard to find as it was in the
back of a building on an alleyway. We didn't stay very long. I
wasn't really impressed with either of these clubs, mayby I was
spoiled by the one in Council Bluffs.

I was visiting a buddy in Durham NC and we went to a "Gentleman's
Club" in Cary NC. This was the type of place you see on TV shows 2
or 3 dancers sliding up & down poles. Splits, Mood lights etc.... It
was a rockin good time. Pretty expensive too. $20.00 just to get in
the door, and that was if you had a membership card ( which he had )
it was full of IBM'ers.

Now for the last place. A buddy of mine was getting married in a
couple of weeks and as the "Last night out" we ( myself and a group
of the guys from the local singles group ) went to dinner at a local
place and decided then to go to the strip place on the far side of
town. This was a "Full Nude" place. Hince no alcohol allowed. I had
memories of this place because it was once a C&W bar and I lived less
than 1/4 mile up the road. Anyway it was kinda quiet till we got
there ( there were 11 of us ) the women danced on the stage and then
came around for a Lap dance. You sat right next to the stage. My
friend got a 3 lap dances. You could tell the dancer was having a
good time with our group. I saw her later giving a dance to "not so
clean " gentleman, she was not happy.

So in a nutshell, and your experiences may vary. I found that it was
something I'd do with a group of people for the experience of saying
that I did it. It's probably something that I wouldn't do alone
should the chance arise simply because it's not something I need to do
alone.

But then again "V" thinks I'm a perv :-)

Tiffany
January 10th 05, 03:43 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:40:12 GMT, Cele > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:05:40 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
>>wrote:

>>>See Paul! Like I was saying!
>>>
>>>Dennis ;-)
>>
>>Heh. Nah, it's the beer I want, not the stag. That's ok. Christine and
>>Kate and I will just take our beer somewhere where we're wanted.....
>>
>>(No! I'm not talking about the Post Office!)
>>
>>Cele
>
> So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
> catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
> happen to like beer?
>
> 'Kate

I don't like beer either. I like Jack Daniels or Captain Morgan's. lol

BUT were I to drink a beer it must be a Guinness or Beck.

P.Fritz
January 10th 05, 03:50 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "'Kate" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:40:12 GMT, Cele > wrote:

>>>Heh. Nah, it's the beer I want, not the stag. That's ok. Christine and
>>>Kate and I will just take our beer somewhere where we're wanted.....
>>>
>>>(No! I'm not talking about the Post Office!)
>>>
>>>Cele
>>
>> So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
>> catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
>> happen to like beer?
>>
>> 'Kate
>>

> I don't like beer either. I like Jack Daniels or Captain Morgan's. lol
>
> BUT were I to drink a beer it must be a Guinness or Beck.

Well.....the 'cheap date' idea just went out the window ;-)

CME
January 10th 05, 03:54 PM
"P. Fritz" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message

> >> Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be
> traditional
> >> about this stuff.
> >> The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
> >
> > Hey I can handle a strip club, hell I've probably been in them more
> often
> > than most of you. lol
> >
> > Christine
> >

> Working????? <sorry - couldn't resist....it was too easy>

Yeah I figured someone would go there. ;) I would need months in a gym or a
plastic surgeon before I got up on stage. lol I go because I know the
owners and a few of my friends work there either as waitresses or yes,
dancers. This one in town is like a bar, they have pub crawls, men AND
women frequent it, it's actually a very successful business and quite classy
for a peeler joint.

> I've never been in one, have had no desire......why get worked up about
> something you can't have?

I admire the girls talents, no seriously... they do back flips, and other
types of gymnastics, not to mention the pole work. It's just an added bonus
they sell alcohol. ;)

Christine

CME
January 10th 05, 03:56 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:09:02 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:

>>> Great. So the stag night is the night before then. Got to be traditional
>>> about this stuff.
>>> The trouble is, these days the girls want to come too ----
>>
>>Hey I can handle a strip club, hell I've probably been in them more often
>>than most of you. lol
>>
>>Christine
>
> But do you *want* to?
>
> I'm sure we can think of something more fun for us women....
>
> Cele

I'm up for anything Cele, it's not where you are, but the company you're
with.

Christine

Tiffany
January 10th 05, 04:32 PM
"P.Fritz" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message

>>> So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
>>> catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
>>> happen to like beer?
>>>
>>> 'Kate
>>>

>> I don't like beer either. I like Jack Daniels or Captain Morgan's. lol
>>
>> BUT were I to drink a beer it must be a Guinness or Beck.
>>

> Well.....the 'cheap date' idea just went out the window ;-)

You should have figured that out a long time ago Paul. ;)

Paul Griffiths
January 10th 05, 04:55 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:23:35 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message
> >> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:04:59 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
> >> wrote:

<snip>

> >> Damn straight! None of that watery, insipid stuff they have down below
> >> the border (yeah yeah yeah, flame away, I'm Canadian, we do real
> >> beer). In Canada we have *real* beer.
> >
> >Okay, okay, we get it.
>
> I was hoping you might. I'm too lazy to get it myself.

I can't say I'd noticed much of that but I'll keep a watchful eye open from
now on. Thanks.

> >> So do I get a beer too, or is this a guy-only thing?
> >
> >Of course you get a beer. That's one of the things I love about you.
>
> Depends whose turn it is, I guess.

We have to take turns now?

> [g]

Hmm...

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 10th 05, 04:56 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:21:07 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> Not the night before! The night before the night before. Everyone
> >> needs to be conscious the day of, right?
> >
> >I was going to say the same thing. Makes much more sense IMHO.
> >
> >Luckily this way I can claim you *made* me say it. :-Þ
>
> You'd probably claim that regardless! LOL

Only probably?

> >> And no way, I don't wanna come to the stag. I'll be busy. With my
> >> friends. My *female* friends.
> >
> >In that case can I come to *your* party?
>
> I've got a better idea. Why don't we just have a party for both of us?
> Say, March? ;-)

Okay then. I'll see what I can manage.

> >> LMAO
> >
> >Pretty please.
>
> I'm doing my best.....

Really?

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
January 10th 05, 06:30 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "'Kate" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:40:12 GMT, Cele > wrote:

>>>Heh. Nah, it's the beer I want, not the stag. That's ok. Christine and
>>>Kate and I will just take our beer somewhere where we're wanted.....
>>>
>>>(No! I'm not talking about the Post Office!)
>>>
>>>Cele
>>
>> So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
>> catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
>> happen to like beer?
>>
>> 'Kate
>>

> I don't like beer either. I like Jack Daniels or Captain Morgan's. lol
>
> BUT were I to drink a beer it must be a Guinness or Beck.

Hmmm spiced rum...

Christine

Paul Griffiths
January 10th 05, 11:02 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:54:51 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:
>
> > I would need months in a gym or a plastic surgeon before I got up on
stage.

> Nah.. just a time machine set to BT ( before twins).

An interesting thought.

> If ya find it, set it for 1975 for me. I got a score to settle. :-)

Should I ask what happened then? Perhaps not.

Got me to thinking what I was doing in 1975 though. I'd been out of school
for a year or so and was working as a CCTV technician in the local
university and studying Engineering part-time one day and one evening a
week..

--
Paul Griffiths

Tiffany
January 11th 05, 01:58 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message

>>> So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
>>> catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
>>> happen to like beer?
>>>
>>> 'Kate
>>>

>> I don't like beer either. I like Jack Daniels or Captain Morgan's. lol
>>
>> BUT were I to drink a beer it must be a Guinness or Beck.
>>

> Hmmm spiced rum...
>
> Christine

I know.... its been a while to...... the local pub might be looking good
about now. :)

Cele
January 11th 05, 03:30 AM
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:56:50 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>> I'm sure we can think of something more fun for us women....
>>
>> Cele
>
>I'm up for anything Cele, it's not where you are, but the company you're
>with.

Too true, Christine. :-) With a bit of luck, by then we'll be in a
house, and we can just have you over. :-) But a pub's an option
too.....

Cele

Cele
January 11th 05, 03:42 AM
Ooops. Agent is giving me grief. I'll try again....

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:56:44 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

><snip>

>> >I was going to say the same thing. Makes much more sense IMHO.
>> >
>> >Luckily this way I can claim you *made* me say it. :-Þ
>>
>> You'd probably claim that regardless! LOL
>
>Only probably?

Well, I was being nice, what with us being in love and all. :-P

>> >In that case can I come to *your* party?
>>
>> I've got a better idea. Why don't we just have a party for both of us?
>> Say, March? ;-)
>
>Okay then. I'll see what I can manage.

Good, 'cause it's pretty cold and lonely around here right now. :-(

>> >Pretty please.
>>
>> I'm doing my best.....
>
>Really?

Really.

Cele

Cele
January 11th 05, 03:43 AM
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:02:12 GMT, 'Kate > wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:40:12 GMT, Cele > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:05:40 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
>>wrote:

>>>See Paul! Like I was saying!
>>>
>>>Dennis ;-)
>>
>>Heh. Nah, it's the beer I want, not the stag. That's ok. Christine and
>>Kate and I will just take our beer somewhere where we're wanted.....
>>
>>(No! I'm not talking about the Post Office!)
>>
>>Cele
>
>So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
>catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
>happen to like beer?
>
>'Kate

Nope. What I'm saying is that it's *possible* that the reason that you
don't like beer is that American beer isn't...well....the gold
standard...as it were.....

<ducking and running>

Cele

Cele
January 11th 05, 03:44 AM
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:55:33 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"

>> >Of course you get a beer. That's one of the things I love about you.
>>
>> Depends whose turn it is, I guess.
>
>We have to take turns now?

Getting the beer? Well I'm sure not gonna make *all* the beer runs.

>> [g]
>
>Hmm...

sew?

Cele

P. Fritz
January 11th 05, 04:06 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:02:12 GMT, 'Kate > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 15:40:12 GMT, Cele > wrote:

>>>Heh. Nah, it's the beer I want, not the stag. That's ok. Christine and
>>>Kate and I will just take our beer somewhere where we're wanted.....
>>>
>>>(No! I'm not talking about the Post Office!)
>>>
>>>Cele
>>
>>So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
>>catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
>>happen to like beer?
>>
>>'Kate
>
> Nope. What I'm saying is that it's *possible* that the reason that you
> don't like beer is that American beer isn't...well....the gold
> standard...as it were.....
>
> <ducking and running>
>
> Cele

No need to duck and run......I don't drink that crap either....what is
really bad is when you get to places like Ga, and all they have ever heard
of is bud........

I'll take a 'blue' or 'golden' any day over the domestic stuff here,
runner up choice is fosters :-)

P. Fritz
January 11th 05, 04:07 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message

>>> Depends whose turn it is, I guess.
>>
>>We have to take turns now?
>
> Getting the beer? Well I'm sure not gonna make *all* the beer runs.

just buy the 2-fers.......it will cut down the number of required 'runs'

>>> [g]
>>
>>Hmm...
>
> sew?
>
> Cele

Cele
January 11th 05, 04:30 AM
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:02:21 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"'Kate" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:54:51 GMT, "CME" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I would need months in a gym or a plastic surgeon before I got up on
>stage.
>>
>> Nah.. just a time machine set to BT ( before twins).
>
>An interesting thought.
>
>> If ya find it, set it for 1975 for me. I got a score to settle. :-)
>
>Should I ask what happened then? Perhaps not.

Absolutely. Sounds like it might be an interesting story. Enquiring
minds.....

>Got me to thinking what I was doing in 1975 though. I'd been out of school
>for a year or so and was working as a CCTV technician in the local
>university and studying Engineering part-time one day and one evening a
>week..

I graduated from grade 12 in '75 & went off to university. Learned how
to drink that year. Or how *not* to drink, really.....

Cele

Cele
January 11th 05, 04:31 AM
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:07:47 -0500, "P. Fritz"
> wrote:

> > Getting the beer? Well I'm sure not gonna make *all* the beer runs.
>
> just buy the 2-fers.......it will cut down the number of required 'runs'

Still gotta take turns though. Or hey...I know....we could go to some
place where they bring it to you....yeah...that's a thought....

Cele

CME
January 11th 05, 04:34 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:02:21 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
>
>>"'Kate" > wrote in message

>>stage.
>>>
>>> Nah.. just a time machine set to BT ( before twins).
>>
>>An interesting thought.
>
> of course... the twins might disappear...

Actually since it's relevant... I USED to dance, before I had the twins so
they'd technically still exist...

>>> If ya find it, set it for 1975 for me. I got a score to settle. :-)
>>
>>Should I ask what happened then? Perhaps not.
>
> yeah.. no. It wouldn't mean anything to anyone but me even if I told
> the story.
>
>>Got me to thinking what I was doing in 1975 though. I'd been out of
>>school
>>for a year or so and was working as a CCTV technician in the local
>>university and studying Engineering part-time one day and one evening a
>>week..
>
> wow.. you're old! I was four!. <kidding>
>
> 'Kate

I was born in 76. ~ runs~

Christine

Cele
January 11th 05, 04:35 AM
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:06:22 -0500, "P. Fritz"
> wrote:

[snip]

> >>So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
> >>catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
> >>happen to like beer?
> >>
> >>'Kate
> >
> > Nope. What I'm saying is that it's *possible* that the reason that you
> > don't like beer is that American beer isn't...well....the gold
> > standard...as it were.....
> >
> > <ducking and running>
> >
> > Cele
>
> No need to duck and run......I don't drink that crap either....what is
>really bad is when you get to places like Ga, and all they have ever heard
>of is bud........
>
> I'll take a 'blue' or 'golden' any day over the domestic stuff here,
>runner up choice is fosters :-)

Ugh. Bud.

Blue - now that's a lot closer. Kokanee would be my preference.
Fosters...Lordy...you shoulda seen the size of the Fosters tin Paul
was served in Manhattan! The tin was so big T took it home to show her
friends. Never saw one like that when I was in Australia, so I don't
know what that's all about.

BTW, in Oz, I discovered that only tourists order Fosters. It's XXX or
DB there, it seems. But the Aussies make good beer.

Cele

CME
January 11th 05, 04:37 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> I don't like beer either. I like Jack Daniels or Captain Morgan's. lol
>>>
>>> BUT were I to drink a beer it must be a Guinness or Beck.
>>>

>> Hmmm spiced rum...
>>
>> Christine
>>

> I know.... its been a while to...... the local pub might be looking good
> about now. :)

Ha ha I have some downstairs! Neener neener.

Christine

Cele
January 11th 05, 04:38 AM
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 04:34:07 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>>>Got me to thinking what I was doing in 1975 though. I'd been out of
>>>school
>>>for a year or so and was working as a CCTV technician in the local
>>>university and studying Engineering part-time one day and one evening a
>>>week..
>>
>> wow.. you're old! I was four!. <kidding>
>>
>> 'Kate
>>

>I was born in 76. ~ runs~
>
>Christine

Oh, wow, do I feel old. I could be your mother....biologically,
anyway. I was *married* in '78.

Of course, I married very young.

Cele

Tiffany
January 11th 05, 05:32 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>>
>> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> Hmmm spiced rum...
>>>
>>> Christine
>>>

>> I know.... its been a while to...... the local pub might be looking good
>> about now. :)

> Ha ha I have some downstairs! Neener neener.
>
> Christine

I settled for Jack...... didn't want to black out. lol

neener neener....... plus my man was drinking with me. ;)

P.Fritz
January 11th 05, 03:06 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:06:22 -0500, "P. Fritz"
> > wrote:
>
> [snip]

>> > Nope. What I'm saying is that it's *possible* that the reason that you
>> > don't like beer is that American beer isn't...well....the gold
>> > standard...as it were.....
>> >
>> > <ducking and running>
>> >
>> > Cele
>>
>> No need to duck and run......I don't drink that crap either....what is
>>really bad is when you get to places like Ga, and all they have ever heard
>>of is bud........
>>
>> I'll take a 'blue' or 'golden' any day over the domestic stuff here,
>>runner up choice is fosters :-)
>
> Ugh. Bud.

(It's not really beer).............just goes to show that P.T. Barnum was
right ;-)

> Blue - now that's a lot closer. Kokanee would be my preference.
> Fosters...Lordy...you shoulda seen the size of the Fosters tin Paul
> was served in Manhattan! The tin was so big T took it home to show her
> friends.

Must have been one of those 'oil cans' That was the only way you could get
it in the states 20 years ago (now I'm showing my age ;-) )

>Never saw one like that when I was in Australia, so I don't
> know what that's all about.
>
> BTW, in Oz, I discovered that only tourists order Fosters. It's XXX or
> DB there, it seems. But the Aussies make good beer.

Those liters of beer went down easy in Munich too!

I also liked the 1/2 wheat beer and 1/2 lemonade.......didn't get you
hammered in the middle of the day :-)

> Cele

Paul Griffiths
January 11th 05, 06:14 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message

> >> Depends whose turn it is, I guess.
> >
> >We have to take turns now?
>
> Getting the beer? Well I'm sure not gonna make *all* the beer runs.

No problem, we can find a compromise.

> >> [g]
> >
> >Hmm...
>
> sew?

I have done, in the past, but I prefer letting a machine do it. Don't have
one though.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 11th 05, 06:20 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:05:58 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"CME" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> It's a good thing you didn't manage to get to Edmonton, it was on my
list
> >> of things to do. lol
> >
> >NOW she tells me. I'd be interested to know what else was on that list.
> >I'm a glutton for punishment.
>
> It's not like you didn't try to get there. As I recall, you took off
> in a car in an easterly direction....

Indeed we did. We even managed to get over the top of those lumpy things
that were in the way.

> >> LOL But honeyyyyy the fact that they're naked means nothing, I swear.
> >
> >Hmm...
> >
> >Doesn't even sound very convincing when *you* say it. I'm going to need
> >something better I think.
>
> Yeah, right, because I"m such a shrew. LOL

Nah, not even a tiny, cute one.

> Paul, you go on off to the strippers whenever you like.

Thanks but don't hold your breath. I'm with P.F. on this one I think.

> If that kind of thing threatened me, I'd be way, way too insecure to be in
> relationship, IMO.

You could be right. On that basis feel free to watch the Chippendales, or
similar, any time, okay?

Not that you need my permission anyway. The last time I looked you seemed
to be an adult and well able to make decisions on your own.

> >> Exactly oh and the fact if you can get up on stage and flash your boobs
> >> for free alcohol also means nothing. lol
> >
> >I have a feeling that wouldn't work for me, unless I could flash *your*
> >boobs of course.
> >
> >I think I need a lie down in a darkened room. :-)
>
> Yup. It sounds like it.

Is now a good time to mention it was to rest my brain?

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 11th 05, 06:23 PM
"'Kate" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:02:21 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"'Kate" > wrote in message

> >> Nah.. just a time machine set to BT ( before twins).
> >
> >An interesting thought.
>
> of course... the twins might disappear...

That's always the problem with changing things that have already happened.
The good usually has to be thrown away along with the not so good.

> >> If ya find it, set it for 1975 for me. I got a score to settle. :-)
> >
> >Should I ask what happened then? Perhaps not.
>
> yeah.. no. It wouldn't mean anything to anyone but me even if I told
> the story.

It means nothing to us now so you wouldn't be making the situation worse if
you *did* tell the story, IMHO.

> >Got me to thinking what I was doing in 1975 though. I'd been out of
school
> >for a year or so and was working as a CCTV technician in the local
> >university and studying Engineering part-time one day and one evening a
> >week..
>
> wow.. you're old! I was four!. <kidding>

Humpf!

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 11th 05, 06:26 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:02:21 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
> >"'Kate" > wrote in message

> >> Nah.. just a time machine set to BT ( before twins).
> >
> >An interesting thought.
> >
> >> If ya find it, set it for 1975 for me. I got a score to settle. :-)
> >
> >Should I ask what happened then? Perhaps not.
>
> Absolutely. Sounds like it might be an interesting story. Enquiring
> minds.....

Enquiring minds, eh? Works for me. :-)

> >Got me to thinking what I was doing in 1975 though. I'd been out of
school
> >for a year or so and was working as a CCTV technician in the local
> >university and studying Engineering part-time one day and one evening a
> >week..
>
> I graduated from grade 12 in '75 & went off to university. Learned how
> to drink that year. Or how *not* to drink, really.....

I'd done that a couple of years earlier. Not pleasant experiences but I
still remember them in some detail.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 11th 05, 06:29 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message

> Ooops. Agent is giving me grief. I'll try again....

Seems you managed to beat it into submission.

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:56:44 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> > wrote:
>
> ><snip>

> >> You'd probably claim that regardless! LOL
> >
> >Only probably?
>
> Well, I was being nice, what with us being in love and all. :-P

Ah, right, yes, I was forgetting that part. Thanks for the reminder.

> >> I've got a better idea. Why don't we just have a party for both of us?
> >> Say, March? ;-)
> >
> >Okay then. I'll see what I can manage.
>
> Good, 'cause it's pretty cold and lonely around here right now. :-(

Not too cold here, mostly it's windy, but it's certainly pretty lonely.

What a pair of whiners. :-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 11th 05, 06:34 PM
"P.Fritz" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message
> >
> > [snip]

> > Blue - now that's a lot closer. Kokanee would be my preference.
> > Fosters...Lordy...you shoulda seen the size of the Fosters tin Paul
> > was served in Manhattan! The tin was so big T took it home to show her
> > friends.
>
> Must have been one of those 'oil cans' That was the only way you could
get
> it in the states 20 years ago (now I'm showing my age ;-) )

20 years ago in the States was the first time I had one that size too. We
must be of similar ages.

These recent ones were 24 ounces but I have a feeling the older ones might
have been even bigger.

> > Never saw one like that when I was in Australia, so I don't
> > know what that's all about.
> >
> > BTW, in Oz, I discovered that only tourists order Fosters. It's XXX or
> > DB there, it seems. But the Aussies make good beer.
>
> Those liters of beer went down easy in Munich too!

A beer fest is something I've always wanted to go to but so far haven't
managed.

> I also liked the 1/2 wheat beer and 1/2 lemonade.......didn't get you
> hammered in the middle of the day :-)

What's wrong with getting hammered in the middle of the day then? :-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 11th 05, 06:36 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Fosters...Lordy...you shoulda seen the size of the Fosters tin Paul
> was served in Manhattan!

Just me was it? Nobody else at the table was drinking the stuff at all,
ever?

> The tin was so big T took it home to show her friends. Never saw one
> like that when I was in Australia, so I don't know what that's all about.

Yeah a curious idea in some ways. Proolly the result of some dubious market
research.

> BTW, in Oz, I discovered that only tourists order Fosters.

Figures. Must be like English muffins and French fries.

> It's XXX or DB there, it seems. But the Aussies make good beer.

That's good to know.

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
January 11th 05, 07:15 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> I know.... its been a while to...... the local pub might be looking good
>>> about now. :)

>> Ha ha I have some downstairs! Neener neener.
>>
>> Christine
>>

> I settled for Jack...... didn't want to black out. lol
>
> neener neener....... plus my man was drinking with me. ;)

Oh you trumped me there. :P

Christine

CME
January 11th 05, 07:16 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Cele" > wrote in message
>
>> Ooops. Agent is giving me grief. I'll try again....
>
> Seems you managed to beat it into submission.
>
>> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:56:44 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> ><snip>

>> >Only probably?
>>
>> Well, I was being nice, what with us being in love and all. :-P
>
> Ah, right, yes, I was forgetting that part. Thanks for the reminder.

>> >Okay then. I'll see what I can manage.
>>
>> Good, 'cause it's pretty cold and lonely around here right now. :-(
>
> Not too cold here, mostly it's windy, but it's certainly pretty lonely.
>
> What a pair of whiners. :-)
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

You wanna hear whining? It's supposed to be -43 C here tomorrow with the
wind chill. Yep Vancouver's looking pretty good now.

Christine

Tiffany
January 11th 05, 07:44 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>>
>> "CME" > wrote in message

>>> Ha ha I have some downstairs! Neener neener.
>>>
>>> Christine
>>>

>> I settled for Jack...... didn't want to black out. lol
>>
>> neener neener....... plus my man was drinking with me. ;)

> Oh you trumped me there. :P
>
> Christine

Doesn't happen much so I should rub it in more then eh? lol

Paul Griffiths
January 12th 05, 12:04 AM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

<snip>

> >> Good, 'cause it's pretty cold and lonely around here right now. :-(
> >
> > Not too cold here, mostly it's windy, but it's certainly pretty lonely.
> >
> > What a pair of whiners. :-)
>
> You wanna hear whining?

Um...

No.

> It's supposed to be -43 C here tomorrow with the wind chill. Yep
> Vancouver's looking pretty good now.

Didn't I say no? Oh well, never mind.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
January 12th 05, 12:10 AM
"'Kate" > wrote in message

:-)

> >> yeah.. no. It wouldn't mean anything to anyone but me even if I told
> >> the story.
>
> I would have hid the money I earned better and said "No" more often to
> my family even if it had meant that they'd have to have bread for
> dinner instead of the meals that I slaved to cook. Maybe someone
> would have realized something was very wrong in the house and helped.
> I was just a kid.

Yeah, I know how that works. I got a Summer job when I was 15 and waiting
for exam results but I don't think I saw a penny of what I earned. Times
were hard though. We had the gas and / or electricity cut off quite a few
times when I was a kid. Both my parents had fairly serious illnesses at
various times and logged quite a bit of hospital time. With that history
and the economic climate at the time jobs weren't alweays easy to come by.

> Thereya go. Wasn't that less pleasant than you thought it would be?

Sorry about that but I wasn't the *very* nosey one. ;-)

> It was for me.

For better or worse our history is what helps to make us what we are, right?
Nothing to be ashamed of.

--
Paul Griffiths

denanson
January 15th 05, 10:40 AM
"Cele" <> wrote in message

> But then, you'll be the one with the Irish accent, I
> suspect.....

Sorry, I'm English!
Freddie is Irish though.

Dennis

Cele
January 15th 05, 11:58 AM
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:40:48 -0000, "denanson" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"Cele" <> wrote in message
>
>> But then, you'll be the one with the Irish accent, I
>> suspect.....
>
>Sorry, I'm English!
>Freddie is Irish though.
>
>Dennis

Well, there'll be other guys there with English accents, so I guess
it's up to Freddie, then.....

;-)

Cele

Alex Nemeth
January 19th 05, 01:14 AM
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:06:22 -0500, "P. Fritz"
> wrote:

> "Cele" > wrote in message

> >>So what you're saying is the reason why I don't like beer (just
> >>catching on here) is because I'm 'Merican and not just 'cause I don't
> >>happen to like beer?
> >>
> >>'Kate
> >
> > Nope. What I'm saying is that it's *possible* that the reason that you
> > don't like beer is that American beer isn't...well....the gold
> > standard...as it were.....
> >
> > <ducking and running>
> >
> > Cele
>
> No need to duck and run......I don't drink that crap either....what is
>really bad is when you get to places like Ga, and all they have ever heard
>of is bud........

Or Billy-Beer

> I'll take a 'blue' or 'golden' any day over the domestic stuff here,
>runner up choice is fosters :-)

Alex Nemeth
January 19th 05, 01:27 AM
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:34:14 -0000, "Paul Griffiths"
> wrote:

>"P.Fritz" > wrote in message
>> "Cele" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > [snip]
>
>> > Blue - now that's a lot closer. Kokanee would be my preference.
>> > Fosters...Lordy...you shoulda seen the size of the Fosters tin Paul
>> > was served in Manhattan! The tin was so big T took it home to show her
>> > friends.
>>
>> Must have been one of those 'oil cans' That was the only way you could
>get
>> it in the states 20 years ago (now I'm showing my age ;-) )
>
>20 years ago in the States was the first time I had one that size too. We
>must be of similar ages.

you young whippersnappers

I can remember "special events" of 20 yes ago, but not the beer,
probably because I drank Jack D. Cptn Morgan,

Odd thing is that I remember a time when it was illegal to transport
Coors east of the Mississppi River ( or so I was told at the time ) ,
and my grandfather coming home with a couple of cases after a trip to
Reno. Now if I could only remember what it tasted like.

>These recent ones were 24 ounces but I have a feeling the older ones might
>have been even bigger.
>
>> > Never saw one like that when I was in Australia, so I don't
>> > know what that's all about.
>> >
>> > BTW, in Oz, I discovered that only tourists order Fosters. It's XXX or
>> > DB there, it seems. But the Aussies make good beer.
>>
>> Those liters of beer went down easy in Munich too!
>
>A beer fest is something I've always wanted to go to but so far haven't
>managed.
>
>> I also liked the 1/2 wheat beer and 1/2 lemonade.......didn't get you
>> hammered in the middle of the day :-)
>
>What's wrong with getting hammered in the middle of the day then? :-)

Alex Nemeth
January 19th 05, 02:41 AM
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:06:01 -0500, "P.Fritz"
> wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:06:22 -0500, "P. Fritz"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> [snip]

>>> No need to duck and run......I don't drink that crap either....what is
>>>really bad is when you get to places like Ga, and all they have ever heard
>>>of is bud........

HEY....I happen to like Bud...Only out of a bottle and at my favorite
watering hole. Bud was made to be drank out of bottle, none of this
can stuff. Papst was made to be drank out of a can.

However I do have a fondness for Bass Ale, and Negra Medello