PDA

View Full Version : Prenatal care is what you do between visits....

Jenrose
January 1st 05, 11:55 AM
Just got a clear reminder of this this week.

Christmas weekend I had a period of 5 days in which I managed to get 2-3
days behind on my vitamins (I have them in a pillbox), ate really unbalanced
meals, wasn't drinking enough, etc. By Monday I'd gotten puffy to my face
and hands, although with my bp at 110/50 at rest, I wasn't seriously
concerned, but decided to get back on track. Starting Tuesday I got the
people cooking for me to "hear" me on the issue of getting enough green and
yellow veggies, enough protein, complex rather than simple carbs. Started
taking my vitamins *every* day. Got more fluids in me.

And my swelling is *gone*... it was reduced after 1 day, only showed up
"posturally" after 2 days, and now, it's just *gone*.

I upped my protein, fluids, salt, fresh fruit, complex carbs, decreased
empty calories and lousy fats, etc.

Another interesting tidbit...
http://www.doctorndtv.com/news/detailnews.asp?id=1229

Apparently sleep is a vital "nutrient" in pregnancy... and insufficient
sleep may radically increase the risk of c-section.

Jenrose