PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

Joelle
January 2nd 05, 01:41 AM
Just trying out my new sig line

Joelle
"The children who need love the most will always ask for it in the most
unloving ways" ~ Words of a teacher quoted by Russell Barkley~

Cele
January 2nd 05, 03:04 AM
On 02 Jan 2005 01:41:26 GMT, (Joelle) wrote:

>Just trying out my new sig line
>
>Joelle
>"The children who need love the most will always ask for it in the most
>unloving ways" ~ Words of a teacher quoted by Russell Barkley~

I like it a lot.

It reminds me of when my eldest was about 14, and being really
obnoxious. I remember just feeling like tearing my hair out one day
when she was lippy and awful......and then finally I had a bit of an
epiphany and looked at her and said, "Somewhere I read that children
need love most when they're being their most difficult. So I'm going
to love you really hard right now." And I gave her a hug and she
melted and we were able to talk whatever it was (long forgotten, now)
through.

Ever since then, I've been able to remember that more easily. It sure
came in handy during some difficult times down the track, especially
with #2.

Thanks for the reminder.

Cele

IWM
January 2nd 05, 06:13 PM
"Joelle" wrote ...
> Just trying out my new sig line
>
> Joelle
> "" ~ Words of a teacher quoted by Russell Barkley~

Thats nice... But I fixed it for you...

IWM

--
The people who need love the most will always ask for it in the most
unloving ways

Karen
January 3rd 05, 05:48 PM
I wish my exhusband would read the quotation. Should I forward it on to
him?

Karen

denanson
January 5th 05, 08:03 PM
"Karen" < wrote in message

>I wish my exhusband would read the quotation. Should I forward it on to
> him?

Yeah, go on. Someone has to break the ice and it isn't going to be him or
your daughter.

Dennis

Karen
January 5th 05, 08:54 PM
okay, I will. He will probably think I'm telling him what to do and see
it all negatively.

Karen

denanson
January 8th 05, 08:07 PM
"Karen" < wrote in message

> okay, I will. He will probably think I'm telling him what to do and see
> it all negatively.

Now YOUR being negative.

Dennis