PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help

singledad
January 4th 05, 03:00 AM
Single Father with Full Custody Needs Help!

I am a father of twin boys who are 21 months old. My X-Wife neglected
the children and Child Protective Services took the children from her
and gave them to me, with little warning. My children where very sick,
hence I had to quit both of my jobs, and take care of my children. I
am a full time college student and a full time parent. I am trying to
get a better education so I can work as more then a Pizza Delivery
Driver. My X-Wife has a court order against her. This order says she
has to pay only $133.00 a month in child support. She has arrears of
over $2,300.00. As to date, she has not paid a single penny of this.
I have made a website where people can view these documents, as all of
them are public record.

I have set up a PayPal account, and am respectfully asking for
donations to help with my college funding and childcare while I am in
school. If you can give a penny, a dollar, or $5.00, any thing will
help. I am only asking that you give what you can.

If you would like to view the court documents, the website is
www.jamesbutler.name

If you can donate money, please make donations to the PayPal account

You can also view a link and make a donation from my website.

If you would feel more comfortable mailing a donation, thanks to my
church, I have a P.O. Box so I don't have to post my home address on
the internet. That address is:
James Butler
PO BOX 16312
Asheville NC 28816

Thank you

xkatx
January 4th 05, 06:01 AM
"singledad" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Single Father with Full Custody Needs Help!
>
> I am a father of twin boys who are 21 months old. My X-Wife neglected
> the children and Child Protective Services took the children from her
> and gave them to me, with little warning. My children where very sick,
> hence I had to quit both of my jobs, and take care of my children. I
> am a full time college student and a full time parent. I am trying to
> get a better education so I can work as more then a Pizza Delivery
> Driver. My X-Wife has a court order against her. This order says she
> has to pay only $133.00 a month in child support. She has arrears of
> over $2,300.00. As to date, she has not paid a single penny of this.
> I have made a website where people can view these documents, as all of
> them are public record.
>
> I have set up a PayPal account, and am respectfully asking for
> donations to help with my college funding and childcare while I am in
> school. If you can give a penny, a dollar, or $5.00, any thing will
> help. I am only asking that you give what you can.
>
> If you would like to view the court documents, the website is
> www.jamesbutler.name
>
> If you can donate money, please make donations to the PayPal account
>

> You can also view a link and make a donation from my website.
>
> If you would feel more comfortable mailing a donation, thanks to my
> church, I have a P.O. Box so I don't have to post my home address on
> the internet. That address is:
> James Butler
> PO BOX 16312
> Asheville NC 28816
>
> Thank you

Wow. You must feel so alone being probably the only single father out there
trying to survive! How do you survive??

I, personally, think you're in the wrong place begging for money. Almost
everyone around here is a single parent for one reason or another, and,
surprisingly enough, it's safe to say that there are some here who are just
getting by, as you seem to be. Sorry you made the choice to reproduce with
a deadbeat. Again, there's a few around here who did the same, yet we do
what we can. My X and I have an agreement, court-ordered, I guess it is,
that says $300/month. Multiply that by the nearly 4 years I've seen not
even a dime, and I get over $11,000. I'm sure there's also a few others who
don't bother crying about money and focus their energy on their child/ren
instead.
Perhaps setting your focus on your children and their needs is something you
need to do first. I know I had to. I put my own life, education and work
aside for nearly 4 years, and only now do I feel I have the time, ability
and reason to go and work my ass off for what we need. Maybe dropping your
college down to part time would be something to consider in order to give
your children the time and attention they need right now, and perhaps being
a pizza delivery driver is what you need to do for the time being until more
is a little more possible and realistic.
How much did you pay for child support before social services had to step in
on her and take the children away? Where were you when these children were
sick with a neglectful mother, given it comes across as it was a surprise to
you. I'm not sure how it could have been little warning to you, considering
it takes 9 months of a warning before a baby comes. Is there no such gov't
help around you? Nothing that will help you with college tuition or
anything to help you financially, other than begging? I know I can sure use
some extra money, and probably others as well.
I do apologize if this sounds somewhat rude, but, quite frankly, based on
only what you said and didn't say, you struck a personal nerve on me and the
way you came across was enough for me to let go.
I'll let others say what they want, if they want, and I'm sure there will be
a few who will come after me, but really, if you think you're the only one
out there, you're not. Some just don't dwell on the bad and negative and
look forward to the good and positive.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

January 4th 05, 12:11 PM
"xkatx" > wrote in message

> Wow. You must feel so alone being probably the only single father out there
> trying to survive! How do you survive??
>
> I, personally, think you're in the wrong place begging for money. Almost
> everyone around here is a single parent for one reason or another, and,
> surprisingly enough, it's safe to say that there are some here who are just
> getting by, as you seem to be. Sorry you made the choice to reproduce with
> a deadbeat. Again, there's a few around here who did the same, yet we do
> what we can. My X and I have an agreement, court-ordered, I guess it is,
> that says $300/month. Multiply that by the nearly 4 years I've seen not
> even a dime, and I get over $11,000. I'm sure there's also a few others who
> don't bother crying about money and focus their energy on their child/ren
> instead.
> Perhaps setting your focus on your children and their needs is something you
> need to do first. I know I had to. I put my own life, education and work
> aside for nearly 4 years, and only now do I feel I have the time, ability
> and reason to go and work my ass off for what we need. Maybe dropping your
> college down to part time would be something to consider in order to give
> your children the time and attention they need right now, and perhaps being
> a pizza delivery driver is what you need to do for the time being until more
> is a little more possible and realistic.
> How much did you pay for child support before social services had to step in
> on her and take the children away? Where were you when these children were
> sick with a neglectful mother, given it comes across as it was a surprise to
> you. I'm not sure how it could have been little warning to you, considering
> it takes 9 months of a warning before a baby comes. Is there no such gov't
> help around you? Nothing that will help you with college tuition or
> anything to help you financially, other than begging? I know I can sure use
> some extra money, and probably others as well.
> I do apologize if this sounds somewhat rude, but, quite frankly, based on
> only what you said and didn't say, you struck a personal nerve on me and the
> way you came across was enough for me to let go.
> I'll let others say what they want, if they want, and I'm sure there will be
> a few who will come after me, but really, if you think you're the only one
> out there, you're not. Some just don't dwell on the bad and negative and
> look forward to the good and positive.
>
> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet?

Meeeeeyow!
Heh.
Those types annoy me too and you said everything I was thinking.

P.Fritz
January 4th 05, 02:47 PM
Free hint...........quit college, get a job that supports your kids, Don't
waste money one interenet access, paypal accounts or begging on line. Quit
worrying about the ex and be responsible for your kids.

"singledad" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Single Father with Full Custody Needs Help!
>
> I am a father of twin boys who are 21 months old. My X-Wife neglected
> the children and Child Protective Services took the children from her
> and gave them to me, with little warning. My children where very sick,
> hence I had to quit both of my jobs, and take care of my children. I
> am a full time college student and a full time parent. I am trying to
> get a better education so I can work as more then a Pizza Delivery
> Driver. My X-Wife has a court order against her. This order says she
> has to pay only $133.00 a month in child support. She has arrears of
> over $2,300.00. As to date, she has not paid a single penny of this.
> I have made a website where people can view these documents, as all of
> them are public record.
>
> I have set up a PayPal account, and am respectfully asking for
> donations to help with my college funding and childcare while I am in
> school. If you can give a penny, a dollar, or $5.00, any thing will
> help. I am only asking that you give what you can.
>
> If you would like to view the court documents, the website is
> www.jamesbutler.name
>
> If you can donate money, please make donations to the PayPal account
>

> You can also view a link and make a donation from my website.
>
> If you would feel more comfortable mailing a donation, thanks to my
> church, I have a P.O. Box so I don't have to post my home address on
> the internet. That address is:
> James Butler
> PO BOX 16312
> Asheville NC 28816
>
> Thank you

Karen
January 4th 05, 04:59 PM
I doubt the poster is who he says he is. I think he's a scam artist. I
imagine a completely different sad story appears on another ng with the
same P.O. Box, etc.

Karen

Alex Nemeth
January 5th 05, 03:59 AM
On 4 Jan 2005 08:59:05 -0800, "Karen" > wrote:

>I doubt the poster is who he says he is. I think he's a scam artist. I
>imagine a completely different sad story appears on another ng with the
>same P.O. Box, etc.

Doing a quick search on Dejanews ( using as the
keyword ) I found he posted this message to 3 groups, different
subject lines, same message.

Alt.support.single-parents
Alt.support.fluffy
alt.child-support

>Karen

xkatx
January 5th 05, 06:36 AM
"Alex Nemeth" > wrote in message
> On 4 Jan 2005 08:59:05 -0800, "Karen" > wrote:
>
>>I doubt the poster is who he says he is. I think he's a scam artist. I
>>imagine a completely different sad story appears on another ng with the
>>same P.O. Box, etc.
>>

> Doing a quick search on Dejanews ( using as the
> keyword ) I found he posted this message to 3 groups, different
> subject lines, same message.
>
> Alt.support.single-parents
> Alt.support.fluffy
> alt.child-support

And? What's your point?
If the OP is or isn't who he claims to be is fairly unimportant. The fact
is he's going around begging for money. Maybe he needs to cancel his high
speed Internet, which would save him $25.99 a month, concentrate more on his
childrens' needs, rather than his own wants and live his life for himself
and his children and find something better to do than go around bashing his
apparently useless ex-wife over the Internet.

OP: So, your ex wife is useless. Yay. Get over it. Use your time and
energy on building a relationship with your children and giving them your
excess time, and spare the WWW your pages created with the intent to have
others feel sorry for you. You know what? You picked her (your ex-wife)
and you alone. Your children didn't pick her, neither did your friends,
family or some random person walking in the street. I wouldn't doubt for
one second that you love your children, and the fact that you cannot change
who you married and reproduced with is something maybe you should get over.
Live for the future you can give your children and yourself. Don't live for
the past.
Sad reality is that perhaps dropping out of school until your children are
well enough, and probably old enough to be in school themselves is an idea.
Maybe if you could be a little less selfish about what YOU want and see what
your children need, you'd consider sucking it up and working full time to
live and survive, minus the begging for money via the Internet.
Maybe, just maybe, saving $$ on college tuition by dropping out and
considering finishing school at a later time and date and finding a job
until you can finish school is a dim idea, but you know what? Lots have
done it, are doing it and many in the future will do it. If you think
you're so unfortunate to have children, and twins at that, while you try and
get your own education done, pull your head out of the ground and give it a
shake. Quit being so damn selfish.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

CME
January 5th 05, 04:52 PM
"xkatx" > wrote in message

> "Alex Nemeth" > wrote in message
>> On 4 Jan 2005 08:59:05 -0800, "Karen" > wrote:
>>
>>>I doubt the poster is who he says he is. I think he's a scam artist. I
>>>imagine a completely different sad story appears on another ng with the
>>>same P.O. Box, etc.
>>>

>> Doing a quick search on Dejanews ( using as the
>> keyword ) I found he posted this message to 3 groups, different
>> subject lines, same message.
>>
>> Alt.support.single-parents
>> Alt.support.fluffy
>> alt.child-support
>
> And? What's your point?
> If the OP is or isn't who he claims to be is fairly unimportant.

The point is he's a fraud which is pretty important, so the last bit you
typed was a waste of time because you're speculating.

Christine

xkatx
January 5th 05, 09:38 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "xkatx" > wrote in message

>>> Doing a quick search on Dejanews ( using as the
>>> keyword ) I found he posted this message to 3 groups, different
>>> subject lines, same message.
>>>
>>> Alt.support.single-parents
>>> Alt.support.fluffy
>>> alt.child-support
>>
>> And? What's your point?
>> If the OP is or isn't who he claims to be is fairly unimportant.
>
> The point is he's a fraud which is pretty important, so the last bit you
> typed was a waste of time because you're speculating.
>
> Christine

Where do you find this point from? From what "Alex Nemeth" said was found
using the OP's given email address, it seems like the OP might not be a
fraud, given the same message was found in a few places, 2 of which seem
somewhat relevant to the OP's message. (I really have no idea what
alt.support.fluffy might be, but I have an idea of what might be the topics
of alt.child-support and I know a.s.s-p) You might be speculating, like me,
that he (the OP) might be a fraud, but I still think either way, he's going
around begging for money, which it seems he is, whichever way it's looked
at. Either way, I've decided to ignore it, since it seems like the OP has
said whatever he wants and has dropped out of sight?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Paul Griffiths
January 5th 05, 11:25 PM
"Karen" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> I doubt the poster is who he says he is. I think he's a scam artist. I
> imagine a completely different sad story appears on another ng with the
> same P.O. Box, etc.

Exactly my thoughts. Then again I may be a cynic.

--
Paul Griffiths

CME
January 6th 05, 12:16 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Karen" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>> I doubt the poster is who he says he is. I think he's a scam artist. I
>> imagine a completely different sad story appears on another ng with the
>> same P.O. Box, etc.
>
> Exactly my thoughts. Then again I may be a cynic.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

He isn't the first nor the last. Personally I think begging for money
online from complete strangers is appalling, especially from people that
can't afford to give in the first place.

Christine

Cele
January 6th 05, 01:04 AM
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:38:32 -0700, "xkatx" >
wrote:

[snip]

>>> And? What's your point?
>>> If the OP is or isn't who he claims to be is fairly unimportant.
>>
>> The point is he's a fraud which is pretty important, so the last bit you
>> typed was a waste of time because you're speculating.
>>
>> Christine
>
>Where do you find this point from? From what "Alex Nemeth" said was found
>using the OP's given email address, it seems like the OP might not be a
>fraud, given the same message was found in a few places, 2 of which seem
>somewhat relevant to the OP's message. (I really have no idea what
>alt.support.fluffy might be, but I have an idea of what might be the topics
>of alt.child-support and I know a.s.s-p) You might be speculating, like me,
>that he (the OP) might be a fraud, but I still think either way, he's going
>around begging for money, which it seems he is, whichever way it's looked
>at. Either way, I've decided to ignore it, since it seems like the OP has
>said whatever he wants and has dropped out of sight?

FYI....alt.support.fluffy is likely, although not certainly, to do
with the 'Meow' people, which is a group of trolls who actively,
specifically gather together in newsgroups to plan and execute
organised trolling of other groups. They put 'meow' into their posts
often and they claim (facetiously, I'm sure) to worship the cat
'Fluffy'. If that's the nature of alt.support.fluffy, which I think
is probable, then posting there would be absolute confirmation that
this individual is a troll.

Cele

xkatx
January 6th 05, 04:15 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:38:32 -0700, "xkatx" >
> wrote:
>
> [snip]

>>> The point is he's a fraud which is pretty important, so the last bit you
>>> typed was a waste of time because you're speculating.
>>>
>>> Christine
>>
>>Where do you find this point from? From what "Alex Nemeth" said was found
>>using the OP's given email address, it seems like the OP might not be a
>>fraud, given the same message was found in a few places, 2 of which seem
>>somewhat relevant to the OP's message. (I really have no idea what
>>alt.support.fluffy might be, but I have an idea of what might be the
>>topics
>>of alt.child-support and I know a.s.s-p) You might be speculating, like
>>me,
>>that he (the OP) might be a fraud, but I still think either way, he's
>>going
>>around begging for money, which it seems he is, whichever way it's looked
>>at. Either way, I've decided to ignore it, since it seems like the OP has
>>said whatever he wants and has dropped out of sight?
>
> FYI....alt.support.fluffy is likely, although not certainly, to do
> with the 'Meow' people, which is a group of trolls who actively,
> specifically gather together in newsgroups to plan and execute
> organised trolling of other groups. They put 'meow' into their posts
> often and they claim (facetiously, I'm sure) to worship the cat
> 'Fluffy'. If that's the nature of alt.support.fluffy, which I think
> is probable, then posting there would be absolute confirmation that
> this individual is a troll.
>
> Cele

Of course, if you assume that, and I'd assume you'd have reason to say what
you did if you felt it were basically the idea, then yes, I'll agree with
you, Christine and anyone else. But, like I had said before, and this is
just based only on the given names of the groups mentioned before, I can
only assume that alt.child-support has something to do with child support, I
know alt.support.single-parents has to do with being a single parent and
again, alt.support.fluffy - I have no idea, so I'll take your word for it.
Either way, troll or not, is anyone here really considering helping this guy
out at all? If he is a troll, obviously no one wants to give him money,
but, honestly, if he's legit, would that change anyone and make them feel
the need to paypal him some money?

CME
January 6th 05, 05:15 PM
"xkatx" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Either way, troll or not, is anyone here really considering helping this
> guy out at all? If he is a troll, obviously no one wants to give him
> money, but, honestly, if he's legit, would that change anyone and make
> them feel the need to paypal him some money?

Nope. I have my own children to look after, not to mention I think it's
extremely crass to beg for money especially when there are other options.

Christine

Alex Nemeth
January 7th 05, 03:07 AM
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:36:09 -0700, "xkatx" >
wrote:

>"Alex Nemeth" > wrote in message
>> On 4 Jan 2005 08:59:05 -0800, "Karen" > wrote:
>>
>>>I doubt the poster is who he says he is. I think he's a scam artist. I
>>>imagine a completely different sad story appears on another ng with the
>>>same P.O. Box, etc.
>>>

>> Doing a quick search on Dejanews ( using as the
>> keyword ) I found he posted this message to 3 groups, different
>> subject lines, same message.
>>
>> Alt.support.single-parents
>> Alt.support.fluffy
>> alt.child-support
>
>And? What's your point?

There was no point. Simply a query I thought might have been
interesting, based upon someone elses previous post.

>If the OP is or isn't who he claims to be is fairly unimportant. The fact
>is he's going around begging for money. Maybe he needs to cancel his high
>speed Internet, which would save him $25.99 a month, concentrate more on his
>childrens' needs, rather than his own wants and live his life for himself
>and his children and find something better to do than go around bashing his
>apparently useless ex-wife over the Internet.
>
>OP: So, your ex wife is useless. Yay. Get over it. Use your time and
>energy on building a relationship with your children and giving them your
>excess time, and spare the WWW your pages created with the intent to have
>others feel sorry for you. You know what? You picked her (your ex-wife)
>and you alone. Your children didn't pick her, neither did your friends,
>family or some random person walking in the street. I wouldn't doubt for
>one second that you love your children, and the fact that you cannot change
>who you married and reproduced with is something maybe you should get over.
>Live for the future you can give your children and yourself. Don't live for
>the past.
>Sad reality is that perhaps dropping out of school until your children are
>well enough, and probably old enough to be in school themselves is an idea.
>Maybe if you could be a little less selfish about what YOU want and see what
>your children need, you'd consider sucking it up and working full time to
>live and survive, minus the begging for money via the Internet.
>Maybe, just maybe, saving $$ on college tuition by dropping out and
>considering finishing school at a later time and date and finding a job
>until you can finish school is a dim idea, but you know what? Lots have
>done it, are doing it and many in the future will do it. If you think
>you're so unfortunate to have children, and twins at that, while you try and
>get your own education done, pull your head out of the ground and give it a
>shake. Quit being so damn selfish.

singledad
February 19th 05, 12:39 AM
This is a scam, I just did a Google search for my name ( thats me ) and
this came up. I did not post this, nor would I ever.

xkatx
February 19th 05, 04:35 AM
"singledad" > wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
> This is a scam, I just did a Google search for my name ( thats me ) and
> this came up. I did not post this, nor would I ever.

^^
One of the main reasons that adding a bit of whatever on earth it is you're
responding to makes sense.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?