PDA

View Full Version : INSURANCE

January 3rd 05, 09:25 PM
If you are not insured when you get pregnant, but then you get
insurance, will the insurance pay for any part of your pre-natal and/or
delivery?...THIS QUESTION WAS POSTED BACK ON 1997 BUT I NEED MORE UP TO
DATE INFO
THANKS

Hillary Israeli
January 3rd 05, 09:44 PM
In . com>,
> wrote:

*If you are not insured when you get pregnant, but then you get
*insurance, will the insurance pay for any part of your pre-natal and/or
*delivery?...THIS QUESTION WAS POSTED BACK ON 1997 BUT I NEED MORE UP TO
*DATE INFO
*THANKS

Where do you live? What does the policy state?

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Nan
January 3rd 05, 09:44 PM
On 3 Jan 2005 13:25:24 -0800, scribbled:

>If you are not insured when you get pregnant, but then you get
>insurance, will the insurance pay for any part of your pre-natal and/or
>delivery?...THIS QUESTION WAS POSTED BACK ON 1997 BUT I NEED MORE UP TO
>DATE INFO
>THANKS

It depends. Pregnancy is not a 'pre-existing condition', but that is
usually only the case when *switching* providers, or going from COBRA
to regular coverage.
Some companies will cover it, but you have to find out their policy.

Nan

Nan
January 3rd 05, 10:08 PM
On 3 Jan 2005 14:10:02 -0800, scribbled:

>I live in Texas, my wife and I just find out a couple of days ago that
>she is pregnant. We do not have insurance now, so we are looking into
>it just now. I am a student and I could get Megalife thru the
>University, but I would like to make sure they will cover the visits
>and the hospital. I'm not sure where to look for tese type of things...
>thanks

Ask your counselling office for information. If you're a student and
have low enough income, you may qualify for whatever your state's
'medicaid' program is.

I would try looking for a link at your state's website, which is
probably www.tx.gov, or something similar

Nan

January 3rd 05, 10:10 PM
I live in Texas, my wife and I just find out a couple of days ago that
she is pregnant. We do not have insurance now, so we are looking into
it just now. I am a student and I could get Megalife thru the
University, but I would like to make sure they will cover the visits
and the hospital. I'm not sure where to look for tese type of things...
thanks

Kaybee
January 4th 05, 01:55 AM
From what I understand pregnancy is covered no matter when you pick up the
insurance as long as it is threw work. But if you have private insurance it
may not be covered.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> If you are not insured when you get pregnant, but then you get
> insurance, will the insurance pay for any part of your pre-natal and/or
> delivery?...THIS QUESTION WAS POSTED BACK ON 1997 BUT I NEED MORE UP TO
> DATE INFO
> THANKS

Nan
January 4th 05, 02:08 AM
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 01:55:06 GMT, "Kaybee"
> scribbled:

>From what I understand pregnancy is covered no matter when you pick up the
>insurance as long as it is threw work. But if you have private insurance it
>may not be covered.

http://insurance.yahoo.com/lh/pregnancy.hin.html

For anyone needing the info :-)

Nan

Aimee
January 5th 05, 04:40 PM
Thanks a lot, This was something I too was worried about, We are still
waiting on 2 months of red tape to get me inculded on my husband's plan
but that certainly made me feel better.

Aimee