PDA

View Full Version : sleep help needed

Anne Rogers
January 5th 05, 02:49 AM
I am sleeping really badly and I have no idea why, I get off to sleep ok,
but I wake up many many times for no reason and what sleep I do get doesn't
seem to be restful.

I was in bed from 10pm to 8am last night, but it feels like I got 5 or 6
hours sleep. My one thought last night was maybe the room was stuffy, but
leaving the window slightly open last night didn't seem to help.

Suggestions?

--
Anne

read about out adventures in Korea at
http://www.livejournal.com/users/annekrogers

Jo
January 5th 05, 12:00 PM
Anne Rogers wrote:
> I am sleeping really badly and I have no idea why, I get off to sleep ok,
> but I wake up many many times for no reason and what sleep I do get doesn't
> seem to be restful.
>
> I was in bed from 10pm to 8am last night, but it feels like I got 5 or 6
> hours sleep. My one thought last night was maybe the room was stuffy, but
> leaving the window slightly open last night didn't seem to help.
>
> Suggestions?

Warm milk before bed always works for me... keeps me not full, but not
empty for a while over night. Tend to get back to sleep easier after
peeing if I've had warm milk :)

Good luck!

P.S. another suggestion is to change sleeping arrangements, ie, add
another pillow somewhere, between knees, or behind back. Something that
makes sleeping not so 'same-ish'.

Jo (RM)

Anne Rogers
January 5th 05, 12:17 PM
>> Suggestions?
>>
> Warm milk before bed always works for me... keeps me not full, but not
> empty for a while over night. Tend to get back to sleep easier after
> peeing if I've had warm milk :)

luckily I'm not having to get up to pee, I just drank some hot chocolate, so
fingers crossed

> P.S. another suggestion is to change sleeping arrangements, ie, add
> another pillow somewhere, between knees, or behind back. Something that
> makes sleeping not so 'same-ish'.

I need to go out and buy some more pillows, we literally have 3, we don't
even have any cushions, I'm also considering a single duvet to use as a body
pillow.

Cheers

Anne

Jenrose
January 5th 05, 01:10 PM
"Anne Rogers" > wrote in message
news:1104927451.05ea0fe06ce18b64b2296aae98655383@t eranews...
>>> Suggestions?
>>>
>> Warm milk before bed always works for me... keeps me not full, but not
>> empty for a while over night. Tend to get back to sleep easier after
>> peeing if I've had warm milk :)
>
> luckily I'm not having to get up to pee, I just drank some hot chocolate,
> so fingers crossed
>
>> P.S. another suggestion is to change sleeping arrangements, ie, add
>> another pillow somewhere, between knees, or behind back. Something that
>> makes sleeping not so 'same-ish'.
>
> I need to go out and buy some more pillows, we literally have 3, we don't
> even have any cushions, I'm also considering a single duvet to use as a
> body pillow.

I have two body pillows (folded, between my legs), one or two pillows wedged
in behind my back, one under my belly, one under my head, and one or two
under my arms. One always ends up on the floor.

Jenrose

bmickey9
January 5th 05, 01:14 PM
> luckily I'm not having to get up to pee, I just drank some hot chocolate, so
> fingers crossed

Most hot chocolate has caffeine! Run Away!!!!

bmickey9

DLS
January 5th 05, 03:28 PM
I started sleeping with my head a bit elevated (like three pillows
worth) but stil on my left side with a body pillow between knees. The
elevated head prevented my acid reflux from waking me up.
Good luck!

Donna
EDD 2/23/05