PDA

View Full Version : herbal tea

elizabeth emerald
January 5th 05, 09:07 PM
what is a nice safe herbal tea for pregnancy?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Old school don't mean I'm better, I'm just getting older" -- Bias B

Larry McMahan
January 5th 05, 10:53 PM
elizabeth emerald > writes:
: what is a nice safe herbal tea for pregnancy?
: --
: elizabeth (in australia)
: DS - born 20-aug-02

: "Old school don't mean I'm better, I'm just getting older" -- Bias B

If you are willing to mix it yourself...

3 oz hibiscus
3 oz rosehips
2 oz red raspberry leaf
2 oz chamomile
1 oz lemon grass
1 oz nettles

Will probably make enough for several months. High in vitamin C and
IMO it tastes great.

Lalrry

Rivka W
January 5th 05, 11:29 PM
elizabeth emerald wrote:
> what is a nice safe herbal tea for pregnancy?

My friend swears by elderflower tea for the stomach discomforts of
pregnancy. She sent me some elderflower-strawberry-rosehip tea, and I
*adore* it.

I'm also drinking a lot of lemon tea and a lot of peppermint tea.

Rivka
Li'l Critter due 4/3/05

--
Visit my weblog at http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com

Jenrose
January 6th 05, 06:27 AM
"elizabeth emerald" > wrote in message
> what is a nice safe herbal tea for pregnancy?
> --

I've been drinking a lot of Rooibos and Honeybush... yummy! They come in
chai varieties and taste really good to me. They are african "red tea"
varieties and naturally caffeine free. I found them a couple years ago but
they just hit mainstream (i.e. celestial seasonings and stash) in a big way.
The Madagascar Red Vanilla, Peach Apricot Honeybush and Safari Spice are
*yummy*.

If you're looking for medicinal teas, red raspberry leaf is "the"
traditional herbal for pregnancy.

Jenrose

Kelly
January 6th 05, 07:26 AM
Red Raspberry leaf tea. I like pregnancy tea from Traditional Medicinal.
Lemon is yummy, too. I have a chammomile orange that tastes good.

Kelly
#4 2/12/05