PDA

View Full Version : Conception Intuition?

carl jones
January 13th 05, 08:02 PM
Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you had a
pregnancy test?

Some expectant mothers -- and expectant fathers -- have a "conception
intuition" during, immediately after, or within a few hours of lovemaking.
This is days before even the most sophisticated scientific tests can reveal
pregnancy.

I would like to hear from you if you've had a conception intuition. Call
it a subtle inner glow, a sense of knowing. the sense of a "third presence,"
a healthy, peaceful, exciting feeling, intuition, a gut feeling, an inner
certainty.

Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.

Carl

Ilse Witch
January 13th 05, 08:16 PM
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:02:28 -0500, carl jones wrote:

> Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
> intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.

I have had it either way. One time I was 100% sure I was pregnant, and was
not. This time I was sure I wasn't pregnant, and so far so good, 7w along
with twins. Now I'm talking about the hunches shortly after ovulation.

I do usually know what is going to happen about 3-4 days before I get my
period. That hunch has never been wrong, but after several miscarriages I
tend to ignore it for my mental well-being.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Welches
January 13th 05, 09:01 PM
"carl jones" > wrote in message
> Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you had a
> pregnancy test?
>
> Some expectant mothers -- and expectant fathers -- have a "conception
> intuition" during, immediately after, or within a few hours of lovemaking.
> This is days before even the most sophisticated scientific tests can
> reveal
> pregnancy.
>
> I would like to hear from you if you've had a conception intuition. Call
> it a subtle inner glow, a sense of knowing. the sense of a "third
> presence,"
> a healthy, peaceful, exciting feeling, intuition, a gut feeling, an inner
> certainty.
>
> Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
> intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.

I think research would be difficult unless you get women to tell you before
they test (which might be difficult) because ime women who "just know" often
forget about the times when they "just knew" and weren't (or write it off as
a m/c which is possible obviously).
Anyway the "healthy feeling" wouldn't describe how I felt during pregnancy.
"Gut feeling" well maybe you could count the nausea which I got both times
before I tested.
Debbie

Robin T.
January 13th 05, 09:25 PM
carl jones wrote:
> Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you
> had a pregnancy test?

Absolutely. With both pregnancies, I had morning sickness much before there
would be any physiological reasons for it. With my first, I knew within
hours of having sex that I (would become) pregnant (and that was before
ovulation). (I fell asleep, and when I woke up I was nauseous). That cycle
was the first time I ever felt ovulation. With my second, I had an intense
feeling of "this is it--I'm going to get pregnant this cycle!"

Of course, I was also charting both times, so I knew that the conditions
were right.

Robin T.
dd#1, 12/25/00
dd#2, 10/05/04

zolwica
January 13th 05, 11:50 PM
My husband and I had just decided to try for a baby in June 2004.
October 2003 we went to a party at a friend's house and for some reason
I just didn't feel like drinking alcohol (I had a sip or so of wine).
Anyway, next day we woke up (& I had miscalculated my cycle, so I didn't
even know I was late) & I just went to the store and got myself a
pregnancy test. I just had this real strong feeling that I was pregnant.
I took the test and I was pregnant.

I had no symptoms of pregnancy, except for bloating which isn't
neccessarily a clue if you don't know. We had our first child, a
daughter, born on August 4th 2004.

Mona

carl jones wrote:
> Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you had a
> pregnancy test?
>
> Some expectant mothers -- and expectant fathers -- have a "conception
> intuition" during, immediately after, or within a few hours of lovemaking.
> This is days before even the most sophisticated scientific tests can reveal
> pregnancy.
>
> I would like to hear from you if you've had a conception intuition. Call
> it a subtle inner glow, a sense of knowing. the sense of a "third presence,"
> a healthy, peaceful, exciting feeling, intuition, a gut feeling, an inner
> certainty.
>
> Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
> intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.
>

> Carl

Larry McMahan
January 14th 05, 12:24 AM
carl jones > writes:
: Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you had a
: pregnancy test?

Uh, do you mean because of the sore boobs and having to pee constantly?
Yes, we had a strong suspicion that Monika was pregnant, but I am not
sure I would cal it "intuition."

: Some expectant mothers -- and expectant fathers -- have a "conception
: intuition" during, immediately after, or within a few hours of lovemaking.
: This is days before even the most sophisticated scientific tests can reveal
: pregnancy.

OK. I will have to admit to one experience of that sort with my first
daughter many years ago. I had a sharp, short lived stomach ache 11
days after lovemaking that would have likely coincided with implantation
even though the mother was 1500 miles away. Does that count?

Larry

Melania
January 14th 05, 12:36 AM
Yep. Strong intuition 5 or 6 times during the 11 months (total, 4 with
#1, 7 with #2) trying to conceive. Absolutely convinced I was pregnant.
In fact, the month *before* I conceived, both times, I had strong
intuition followed by early pregnancy symptoms, glowing, lightheaded,
peaceful feeling . . . . and a late period.

However, the two actual times I did conceive, I was convinced "this
month wasn't it," since I didn't really feel pregnant, and besides, our
timing had been waaay off (actually, in the first case, our timing had
been exactly once!). The only "I must be pregnant" came with #2 when I
was getting major symptoms, high temps, no period, and a string of
false negative tests. By this time I had such a reputation for having
defective intuition that dh nearly fell down when I showed him the
long-awaited positive test.
So, my conception intuition isn't worth a hill of beans!
Melania

Rivka W
January 14th 05, 04:17 AM
Welches wrote:
> "carl jones" > wrote in message
>>
>> Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
>> intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.
>>
> I think research would be difficult unless you get women to tell
> you before they test (which might be difficult) because ime women
> who "just know" often forget about the times when they
> "just knew" and weren't (or write it off as a m/c which is possible
> obviously).

You beat me to it! This is exactly what I was thinking. You'd want to
have people keep records about how they felt after sex, and then you
could go back and see if there was anything different when they
actually conceived.

Just collecting anecdotes, you'll miss out on the women who "just
know" and are wrong, as well as the ones who retrospectively say,
"come to think of it, there *was* something particularly special about
that one time..."

My baby's conception was preceded by the exchange, "It's too late in
the month." "Well, then let's just practice." Obviously, I had no
moment of intuition. ;-)

Rivka

--
Visit my weblog at http://respectfulofotters.blogspot.com

Unadulterated Me
January 14th 05, 04:18 AM
carl jones wrote:

> Carl

Have you like never heard of google dip ****? You have to be the dumbest
troll ever.

A quick google search finds you posting in a host of random groups from
various pregnancy, parenting, infertility, adoption, abortion and
breastfeeding groups ...many have called you on why you are trolling for
pen pals in alt.personal.teens and pretending you are your teenage
son...who 'oh what a coincidence' also likes to study paranormal
experiences...much like your interest in psychic parents and babies.

And I see you are posting in alt.bible as someone called Becky who was
raped by her step father when she was 12.

Now **** off and and get some good psychiatric help and stop annoying
the nice people here with you inane questions.

Andrea

KellyH
January 14th 05, 04:57 AM
"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> And I see you are posting in alt.bible as someone called Becky who was
> raped by her step father when she was 12.

Now *that's* a new one! Yeah, we've been trying to figure out what this guy
is up to in the alt.infertility ngs.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Chotii
January 14th 05, 05:45 AM
"carl jones" > wrote in message
> Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you had a
> pregnancy test?
>
> Some expectant mothers -- and expectant fathers -- have a "conception
> intuition" during, immediately after, or within a few hours of lovemaking.

Oddly, my husband had a dream the night before I took my pregnancy test with
#4. I had not told him I was worried or thought I might be pregnant.

He dreamed we had a 4th child. That much turned out true. He also dreamed it
was a boy. Not true.

Well, can't complain. Dreams are free. ;)

--angela

Jenrose
January 14th 05, 11:56 AM
"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> carl jones wrote:
>
>> Carl
>>

> Have you like never heard of google dip ****? You have to be the dumbest
> troll ever.

Andrea, lay off.

I have no clue about the other groups, but he's got enough right and
credentials AFAIK to post here. Aside from that weird Becky post (where it
did not look like he was posting as Becky, but responding), nothing I saw
was particularly inconsistent. His interests in pregnancy may be offbeat but
it's mostly because he's already covered most of the "regular" interests.
<g>

You want a little more "dirt", try this link.
http://tinyurl.com/4vm2e

Jenrose

Unadulterated Me
January 14th 05, 01:42 PM
Jenrose wrote:

> I have no clue about the other groups, but he's got enough right and
> credentials AFAIK to post here.

Well yes, any troll can post here that is true.

> Aside from that weird Becky post (where it
> did not look like he was posting as Becky, but responding),

No it was him.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.bible/msg/d4cde09149376479?dmode=source

Here's one from him from 1996 trolling for a lay in alt.cuddle, he calls
himself Paul here, the same name as his supposed son.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.cuddle/msg/fe857d41946ff7a1?dmode=source
He must like this group, he posted there again on December 27th of last
year introducing himself as a newbie.

Last Sunday he posted in alt.personal.teens looking for an 'email pal'
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.personals.teen/msg/4f2b347e2e1ea24d?dmode=source

When he was called on this in another group he said it was his son who
posted that....ohhh kayyy whatever

Asking for email buddies seems to be his M.O it would seem, he posted
almost an identical post in alt.uk.penpals and soc.penpals the same day
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.personals.teen/msg/4f2b347e2e1ea24d?dmode=source

If you want to read more of his plea's for pen pals just go to
soc.penpals and type in his name, he's been fishing that pond since the
mid 1990's

> nothing I saw
> was particularly inconsistent.

Err yeah it's all perfectly consistent..if you're an insane pervert who
likes to engage complete strangers in random conversations..oh wait
that's most of here, carry on.

> You want a little more "dirt", try this link.
> http://tinyurl.com/4vm2e

So?
What even makes you think it's the same person. Just because he said it
was? Ever heard of identity theft?
I could say I'm Julia Roberts and use her name, claim to have pashed
George Cloony and everything...doesn't mean I am though does it.

I think it's a little weird he was fairly active way back in the mid
1990's, same posting style, same interests, not much doubt it's the same
person, then completely disappears until recently...7-10 for sex crimes
anybody? or more likely he's been a resident at funny farm central for
the last few years and just got his internet back.

Andrea

Jenrose
January 14th 05, 02:40 PM

>> You want a little more "dirt", try this link.
>> http://tinyurl.com/4vm2e
>
> So?
> What even makes you think it's the same person. Just because he said it
> was? Ever heard of identity theft?

His posts on the forums I frequent are consistent enough with the books,
which could be a put-up, but I'm a reasonably trusting sort.

Jenrose

KellyH
January 14th 05, 02:41 PM
Andrea, do you mind if I copy your message to one of the infertility ng's?
He's been making a pest of himself there.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net
"Wake up, and smell the cat food" -TMBG

"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> Jenrose wrote:
>

>> I have no clue about the other groups, but he's got enough right and
>> credentials AFAIK to post here.
>
> Well yes, any troll can post here that is true.
>
>> Aside from that weird Becky post (where it did not look like he was
>> posting as Becky, but responding),
>
> No it was him.
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.bible/msg/d4cde09149376479?dmode=source
>
> Here's one from him from 1996 trolling for a lay in alt.cuddle, he calls
> himself Paul here, the same name as his supposed son.
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.cuddle/msg/fe857d41946ff7a1?dmode=source
> He must like this group, he posted there again on December 27th of last
> year introducing himself as a newbie.
>
> Last Sunday he posted in alt.personal.teens looking for an 'email pal'
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.personals.teen/msg/4f2b347e2e1ea24d?dmode=source
>
> When he was called on this in another group he said it was his son who
> posted that....ohhh kayyy whatever
>
> Asking for email buddies seems to be his M.O it would seem, he posted
> almost an identical post in alt.uk.penpals and soc.penpals the same day
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.personals.teen/msg/4f2b347e2e1ea24d?dmode=source
>
> If you want to read more of his plea's for pen pals just go to soc.penpals
> and type in his name, he's been fishing that pond since the mid 1990's
>

>> nothing I saw was particularly inconsistent.
>
> Err yeah it's all perfectly consistent..if you're an insane pervert who
> likes to engage complete strangers in random conversations..oh wait that's
> most of here, carry on.
>

>> You want a little more "dirt", try this link.
>> http://tinyurl.com/4vm2e
>
> So?
> What even makes you think it's the same person. Just because he said it
> was? Ever heard of identity theft?
> I could say I'm Julia Roberts and use her name, claim to have pashed
> George Cloony and everything...doesn't mean I am though does it.
>
> I think it's a little weird he was fairly active way back in the mid
> 1990's, same posting style, same interests, not much doubt it's the same
> person, then completely disappears until recently...7-10 for sex crimes
> anybody? or more likely he's been a resident at funny farm central for the
> last few years and just got his internet back.
>
> Andrea

Ilse Witch
January 14th 05, 07:04 PM
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:24:29 -0700, Larry McMahan wrote:

> OK. I will have to admit to one experience of that sort with my first
> daughter many years ago. I had a sharp, short lived stomach ache 11
> days after lovemaking that would have likely coincided with implantation
> even though the mother was 1500 miles away. Does that count?

LOL!! In your case: yes that does count. You are known to have strong ESP
right? ;-)

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels
(28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
guardian of DH (33)

arachne
January 14th 05, 11:17 PM
"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> carl jones wrote:
>
>> Carl
>>

> Have you like never heard of google dip ****? You have to be the dumbest
> troll ever.
>
> A quick google search finds you posting in a host of random groups from
> various pregnancy, parenting, infertility, adoption, abortion and
> breastfeeding groups ...many have called you on why you are trolling for
> pen pals in alt.personal.teens and pretending you are your teenage
> son...who 'oh what a coincidence' also likes to study paranormal
> experiences...much like your interest in psychic parents and babies.
>
> And I see you are posting in alt.bible as someone called Becky who was
> raped by her step father when she was 12.
>
> Now **** off and and get some good psychiatric help and stop annoying the
> nice people here with you inane questions.

i haven't googled all the posts, but he posts in our aussie newsgroup a bit
and he has 4 teenage kids, the eldest whom is also called carl (ie carl
jnr). perhaps this is where the confusion is?
he's always been pretty nice & not creepy in his posts over there.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)

arachne
January 14th 05, 11:27 PM
"carl jones" > wrote in message
> Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you had a
> pregnancy test?
>
> Some expectant mothers -- and expectant fathers -- have a "conception
> intuition" during, immediately after, or within a few hours of lovemaking.
> This is days before even the most sophisticated scientific tests can
> reveal
> pregnancy.
>
> I would like to hear from you if you've had a conception intuition. Call
> it a subtle inner glow, a sense of knowing. the sense of a "third
> presence,"
> a healthy, peaceful, exciting feeling, intuition, a gut feeling, an inner
> certainty.
>
> Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
> intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.

when i am pregnant i get a "buzzy, growing" feeling (i can't describe it any
other way) from about a week before AF. i've never had this when i'm not
pregnant. i have had it with each pregnancy & it has disappeared the day
before i've had m/c's. lasted all the way through pregnancy with DS.

DH has always known i am pregnant before i was as well, but perhaps he was
just picking up on what i was thinking.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)

Unadulterated Me
January 15th 05, 01:55 AM
arachne wrote:

> i haven't googled all the posts, but he posts in our aussie newsgroup a bit
> and he has 4 teenage kids, the eldest whom is also called carl (ie carl
> jnr). perhaps this is where the confusion is?
> he's always been pretty nice & not creepy in his posts over there.

Your first red flag should of been that he tries to hard, no one is that
cheesy in their netiquette. Do yourself a favour and google him, your
group isn't so special, he posted the exact same thing in numerous
groups introducing himself as the newbie and saying how great that
particular group is. He seems to adopt the thoughts and beliefs of the
group he's posting in, be it christianity, paganism, pro abortion, anti
abortion, or culture, british, australian whatever, most likely so he
can fit in and the people there, like you, will think him 'nice' and
start to trust him.,
Say it with me now T R O L L

Andrea

Unadulterated Me
January 15th 05, 01:57 AM
KellyH wrote:
> Andrea, do you mind if I copy your message to one of the infertility ng's?
> He's been making a pest of himself there.

Sure, most people on other groups have clicked onto him/it already.
This post from 1994 shows he was doing similar things even a decade ago,
pretending to either be one of his children posting or some other
identity...but this guy is stooopid he doesn't even change his posting
style...let alone his interests when he changes his identity. He even
tried to have peoples accounts pulled and contacted their employers
trying to get them fired when they dared challange him.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/misc.kids/msg/37dc65e087f97cbe?dmode=source

He claims to be a childbirth educator but his information, terminology
and beliefs are like a decade out of date, he hasn't got a clue about
the realities of normal weight gain in pregnancy, the brewer diet or
homebirth. Most childbirth educators are at least current in their
evidence. Every opinion he has on birth reads straight from some out of
dated text on childbirth.

This is what he wrote in some homebirth thread a while ago "The
childbirth companion (doula) has an important role in the hospital -
more than at home. She can keep medical intervention at bay and blanket
the mother with her nurturing presence. This cuts down, IMO, on the
harsh clinical environment which can impair labor and increase the
likelihood of a cesarean." ...It reads like he's plagiarising directly
from some textbook in front of him, no one talks like that, no one posts
like that, he's as fake as Victoria Beckhams breasts.

Andrea

Unadulterated Me
January 15th 05, 01:57 AM
Jenrose wrote:
>>>You want a little more "dirt", try this link.
>>>http://tinyurl.com/4vm2e
>>
>>So?
>>What even makes you think it's the same person. Just because he said it
>>was? Ever heard of identity theft?
>

> His posts on the forums I frequent are consistent enough with the books,
> which could be a put-up, but I'm a reasonably trusting sort.

Even if he did write those books it just goes to show any psychopath can
get something published these days, and as the adage goes...don't
believe everything you read. His 'Becky' post and past usenet history
shows he's not a stranger to making things up, half the examples or
stories in his book are probably straight fiction from his deranged
mind. I hope no one here was gullible enough to actually buy one of them.

Andrea

arachne
January 15th 05, 05:28 AM
"Unadulterated Me" > wrote in message
> arachne wrote:
>
>> i haven't googled all the posts, but he posts in our aussie newsgroup a
>> bit and he has 4 teenage kids, the eldest whom is also called carl (ie
>> carl jnr). perhaps this is where the confusion is?
>> he's always been pretty nice & not creepy in his posts over there.
>
> Your first red flag should of been that he tries to hard, no one is that
> cheesy in their netiquette. Do yourself a favour and google him, your
> group isn't so special, he posted the exact same thing in numerous groups
> introducing himself as the newbie and saying how great that particular
> group is. He seems to adopt the thoughts and beliefs of the group he's
> posting in, be it christianity, paganism, pro abortion, anti abortion, or
> culture, british, australian whatever, most likely so he can fit in and
> the people there, like you, will think him 'nice' and start to trust him.,
> Say it with me now T R O L L

but even if he is a troll, if his posts are nice (in my other ng) and
friendly, what should i be worrying about? should i be worried that he's
going to do something?
sorry, i'm a bit clueless about this stuff. most trolls i've seen get really
nasty straight off the bat.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)

carl jones
January 15th 05, 05:44 AM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:02:28 -0500, carl jones wrote:
>
> > Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
> > intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.
>
> I have had it either way. One time I was 100% sure I was pregnant, and was
> not. This time I was sure I wasn't pregnant, and so far so good, 7w along
> with twins. Now I'm talking about the hunches shortly after ovulation.
>
> I do usually know what is going to happen about 3-4 days before I get my
> period. That hunch has never been wrong, but after several miscarriages I
> tend to ignore it for my mental well-being.

It sounds to me like you were consciously or subconsciously aware of your
time of ovulation. You say you know what is going to happen about 3-4 days
before you get your period. Can you flesh that out a bit?

Carl

carl jones
January 15th 05, 05:48 AM
"Robin T." > wrote in message
> carl jones wrote:
> > Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you
> > had a pregnancy test?
>
> Absolutely. With both pregnancies, I had morning sickness much before
there
> would be any physiological reasons for it. With my first, I knew within
> hours of having sex that I (would become) pregnant (and that was before
> ovulation). (I fell asleep, and when I woke up I was nauseous). That
cycle
> was the first time I ever felt ovulation. With my second, I had an
intense
> feeling of "this is it--I'm going to get pregnant this cycle!"
>
> Of course, I was also charting both times, so I knew that the conditions
> were right.

Thanks for this (where O wherever is my original post? I only see the

If you were charting throughout you would have a conception feeling every
month not just when you were really pregnant...?

If you woke up feeling nauseous the day after the definitive lovemaking you
were having a genuine conception intuition because doesn't happen so early
of course.

Did you ever have an intuition of conception when you were not pregnant? In
other words did the intuition ever turn out to be wrong?

Carl

carl jones
January 15th 05, 05:51 AM
"Melania" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Yep. Strong intuition 5 or 6 times during the 11 months (total, 4 with
> #1, 7 with #2) trying to conceive. Absolutely convinced I was pregnant.
> In fact, the month *before* I conceived, both times, I had strong
> intuition followed by early pregnancy symptoms, glowing, lightheaded,
> peaceful feeling . . . . and a late period.
>
> However, the two actual times I did conceive, I was convinced "this
> month wasn't it," since I didn't really feel pregnant, and besides, our
> timing had been waaay off (actually, in the first case, our timing had
> been exactly once!). The only "I must be pregnant" came with #2 when I
> was getting major symptoms, high temps, no period, and a string of
> false negative tests. By this time I had such a reputation for having
> defective intuition that dh nearly fell down when I showed him the
> long-awaited positive test.
> So, my conception intuition isn't worth a hill of beans!

lol. I had conception intuitions with each of our four pregnancies and I'm
not especially intuitive.

I had an "intuition" that our fourth baby was a girl. We picked out a girl's
name. At birth we quickly changed the baby's name from Laura to Jonathan!

Carl

carl jones
January 15th 05, 05:52 AM
"Chotii" > wrote in message

> "carl jones" > wrote in message
> > Have you had an intuition that conception occurred before you had a
> > pregnancy test?
> >
> > Some expectant mothers -- and expectant fathers -- have a "conception
> > intuition" during, immediately after, or within a few hours of
lovemaking.

> Oddly, my husband had a dream the night before I took my pregnancy test
with
> #4. I had not told him I was worried or thought I might be pregnant.
>
> He dreamed we had a 4th child. That much turned out true. He also dreamed
it
> was a boy. Not true.
>
> Well, can't complain. Dreams are free. ;)

Yes, dreams can be wrong too.

Carl

carl jones
January 15th 05, 05:55 AM
"arachne" > wrote in message

> when i am pregnant i get a "buzzy, growing" feeling (i can't describe it
any
> other way) from about a week before AF.

What is AF? Does the buzzy, growing feeling occur before any other symptoms
of pregnancy?

i've never had this when i'm not
> pregnant. i have had it with each pregnancy & it has disappeared the day
> before i've had m/c's. lasted all the way through pregnancy with DS.

> DH has always known i am pregnant before i was as well, but perhaps he was
> just picking up on what i was thinking.

How has he known? An intuition? What did it feel like for him?

Carl

carl jones
January 15th 05, 05:59 AM
"Welches" > wrote in message

> > I think research would be difficult unless you get women to tell you
before
> they test (which might be difficult) because ime women who "just know"
often
> forget about the times when they "just knew" and weren't (or write it off
as
> a m/c which is possible obviously).
> Anyway the "healthy feeling" wouldn't describe how I felt during
pregnancy.
> "Gut feeling" well maybe you could count the nausea which I got both times
> before I tested.

did the nausea occur within a day of conception? If so this is too early for
"real" pregnancy nausea. Some times a woman feels the changes of pregnancy
before it is biologically possible for her to feel them. This, I think, is
the body's way of "intuiting" conception.

Carl

arachne
January 15th 05, 06:00 AM
"carl jones" > wrote in message

> "arachne" > wrote in message
>>

>> when i am pregnant i get a "buzzy, growing" feeling (i can't describe it
> any
>> other way) from about a week before AF.
>
> What is AF? Does the buzzy, growing feeling occur before any other
> symptoms
> of pregnancy?

AF = aunt flo (i.e. period).
yep the buzzy/growy feeling is the first sign. i get that at about 3 weeks.
i didn't usually get any other signs until the usual 4 weeks. this last
pregnancy/mc i did get symptoms (lot of) at just after 3 weeks.
i'd say i'm very in tune with my cycle & body.

> i've never had this when i'm not
>> pregnant. i have had it with each pregnancy & it has disappeared the day
>> before i've had m/c's. lasted all the way through pregnancy with DS.
>
>> DH has always known i am pregnant before i was as well, but perhaps he
>> was
>> just picking up on what i was thinking.
>
> How has he known? An intuition? What did it feel like for him?

he was just sure i was pregnant. he wouldn't call it intuition as he is a
very "practical" person, but that's what it would be. he also knew DS was a
boy from early on.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)

Jenrose
January 15th 05, 07:43 AM
> He claims to be a childbirth educator but his information, terminology
> and beliefs are like a decade out of date, he hasn't got a clue about the
> realities of normal weight gain in pregnancy, the brewer diet or
> homebirth. Most childbirth educators are at least current in their
> evidence. Every opinion he has on birth reads straight from some out of
> dated text on childbirth.

Look at the pub dates on the books. Still consistent for him being "that"
Carl Jones.

> This is what he wrote in some homebirth thread a while ago "The childbirth
> companion (doula) has an important role in the hospital - more than at
> home. She can keep medical intervention at bay and blanket the mother with
> her nurturing presence. This cuts down, IMO, on the harsh clinical
> environment which can impair labor and increase the likelihood of a
> cesarean." ...It reads like he's plagiarising directly from some textbook
> in front of him, no one talks like that, no one posts like that, he's as
> fake as Victoria Beckhams breasts.

Could be he's cut/pasting from his own stuff. Or not. I didn't find his
books to be particularly useful for me (but that's true of most of the preg
stuff out there) and so haven't read them in *forever*...but if they're
consistent with the tone in his posts, it's probably why.

But still... I saw the Becky thing (when I read more of it) as more of an
attempt to put a, "Why would you not let this girl get an abortion" post in
some pretty abortion hostile groups... maybe not the most graceful way it's
ever been done, etc. And while some of it comes across as wierd and maybe
inappropriate in a clueless sort of way (penpal stuff), I'd put him in the
"seems mostly harmless" category, unlike some of the sick *******s that
wander through now and then.

I dunno. I suppose if someone googled me from here to alt.tv.x-files.fanfic
they'd come up with a pretty strange cross section of posts. I've been on
USENET for what, 7 years or so? I've got posts in rec.travel.cruises (a
cesspit of trolls if ever there was one, but some nice informative people
there regardless), one of the petloss forums, plus a couple other places I
don't even remember myself and am just not interested enough to go google
and find out. You could probably get a fair timeline of my life by seeing
where I've posted in the past 5 years...lol!

Not all cluelessness is deserving of punishment. Sometimes it's just, well,
clueless and a little nudging helps. I find Carl more interesting than Todd,
for example, because he offers more variety, even if he's more often off
base. And if he's some guy with a childbirth fetish who wants to be "the"
Carl Jones and has all his books and is just quoting them... eh. I find it
hard to get worked up. There are worse things he could fixate on. As long as
he doesn't start asking to show up at people's births to tell them how to do
it, or start repeating himself ad nauseum to the same people or falling into
a more traditional "trollfile"... he doesn't get on my killfile. And if he
posts an interesting question that isn't too personal, I'll answer it. If it
is too personal, I won't.

Jenrose

Welches
January 15th 05, 09:41 AM
"carl jones" > wrote in message

> "Welches" > wrote in message
>>
>> > I think research would be difficult unless you get women to tell you
> before
>> they test (which might be difficult) because ime women who "just know"
> often
>> forget about the times when they "just knew" and weren't (or write it off
> as
>> a m/c which is possible obviously).
>> Anyway the "healthy feeling" wouldn't describe how I felt during
> pregnancy.
>> "Gut feeling" well maybe you could count the nausea which I got both
>> times
>> before I tested.
>
> did the nausea occur within a day of conception? If so this is too early
> for
> "real" pregnancy nausea. Some times a woman feels the changes of pregnancy
> before it is biologically possible for her to feel them. This, I think, is
> the body's way of "intuiting" conception.

No nausea occurs about 10dpo
If you get nausea within a day of conception it's either psycological
wishful thinking or a tummy bug.
Yours, skeptically.
Debbie

carl jones
January 15th 05, 06:27 PM
"Welches" > wrote in message

> > "real" pregnancy nausea. Some times a woman feels the changes of
pregnancy
> > before it is biologically possible for her to feel them. This, I think,
is
> > the body's way of "intuiting" conception.
> >
> No nausea occurs about 10dpo
> If you get nausea within a day of conception it's either psycological
> wishful thinking or a tummy bug.

This is just what I was saying but maybe I didn't say it very clearly. <g>

Carl

Melania
January 16th 05, 03:08 AM
yeah . . . my point there was actually that I only had intuition when I
*was not* pregnant, and therefore had anti-intuition. Or something. As
in, my intuition is so non-existent that whenever I think I'm pregnant
it's a sure sign I'm not.

So, care to explain yourself in the face of Andrea's claims? They are
far-reaching and quite convincing.

Todd Gastaldo
January 16th 05, 05:56 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1105775751.668eaa745ab5a140b7da2856fd8ce837@t eranews...

<snip>
> I find Carl more interesting than Todd, for example, because he offers
> more variety, even if he's more often off base.

ANY time people perceive me as "off-base" I hope people will point it out -
preferably publicly.

Jennifer Rosenberg/Jenrose thought it was "off-base" for me to protest her
former employer Midwifery Today editor Jan Tritten cancelling a full-length
article on birth-canal-closing/semisitting then PROMOTING
birth-canal-closing/semisitting.

Variety is the spice of life - but that kind of "variety" is hell on babies.

Todd

Jenrose
January 16th 05, 08:48 AM
"Todd Gastaldo" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Jenrose" > wrote in message
> news:1105775751.668eaa745ab5a140b7da2856fd8ce837@t eranews...
>>
> <snip>
>> I find Carl more interesting than Todd, for example, because he offers
>> more variety, even if he's more often off base.
>
> ANY time people perceive me as "off-base" I hope people will point it
> out - preferably publicly.

I was just pointing out that you were usually more *on* base, at least with
your original arguments.

Jenrose

Irene
January 17th 05, 03:50 PM
The below bit is quoted from his intro to m.k.b. (which he posted after
I asked who he was after repeatedly posting without any sort of intro.
In the initial intro, he does say he has 4 kids and has written the
books you have discussed, etc.)

"Irene" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Welcome to mkb!

Hi Irene and thanks for the welcome!

> This would explain why a lot of your posts sound like excerpts from a
> book rather than the conversational tone of most posts here...which
> makes perfect sense if you are quoting yourself!

I am quoting myself at times But I have a lot to learn about making my
posts
more conversational in tone

Carl

So long as he (or his sons) isn't/aren't doing anything creepy with any
penpals he might find, and hopefully he's learned from his past
experience and won't harrass people off-line, then he isn't doing
anything wrong afaik. It also sounds like he may have learned somewhat
- he didn't mention that he wrote the books until someone asked if he
was the same Carl Jones (quoted message below) - after googling, I see
it was Jenrose who picked up the connection first.

"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1103878639.a8b8a7dabe3ee593ac3ca880f4441a91@t eranews...

> I keep wondering if he's *this* Carl Jones...

Hi Jenrose

I am this carl jones to be sure. I didn't want to mention it because I
didn't want people to think I was promoting my books

Warm wishes\

Carl
(end quote)

Whether or not anyone wants to help with stories for his book is up to
them.

Irene
who has no vested interest one way or another

Ilse Witch
January 18th 05, 08:13 PM
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:44:06 -0500, carl jones wrote:

> It sounds to me like you were consciously or subconsciously aware of your
> time of ovulation. You say you know what is going to happen about 3-4 days
> before you get your period. Can you flesh that out a bit?

Sure. When I am not pregnant, I usually feel too normal for my own well
being. I want to conceive, so I wait for the first minor changes which do
not come. Emotionally I would say it feels empty inside. I have had one
cycle where I strongly felt I conceived, yet that suddenly changed into
that emptiness about a week after ovulation. Whether it was a conception
or not, I will never truly know. This is why I don't trust the feelings
right after ovulation, but rather go with what I feel before I get my
period.

I have thought about this a lot, and I am not sure it is necessarily
always a feeling I have. Since I was actively TTC, and am quite in tune
with my body, I tend to notice minor chances quite early. I am not always
conciously aware of them, but my mind may well be. In retrospect it is
easy to point out these changes, and they are always the typical pregancy
symptoms, but it is hard to describe when I am in the middle of them.

On the other hand, with my first miscarriage I just knew something was
wrong from the start. It felt totally wrong, empty and black. Not until
the 10th week was it confirmed that I had a blighted ovum, no embryo,
which fitted exactly with what I felt. Noone has given me a reasonable
explanation for this. I didn't have this strong feeling with any of the
subsequent miscarriages, but each time there was an embryo, which may have
altered my conception of things.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (28 Oct'03, 17 Feb'04, 20 May'04 & 28 Oct'04)
preggers with twins EDD August'05
guardian of DH (33)

Cathy Weeks
January 18th 05, 09:40 PM
carl jones wrote:

> Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
> intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.

Nope. Not me. We had been trying for 8 months, and EACH month I
thought I was pregnant - had all the symptoms, and then my period
started. When I actually did get pregnant, I had zero symptoms, and no
"feeling" (though I was doing the usual avoidance of alcohol during the
2nd half of my cycle). Though, we went on vacation the day my period
was due (well, the earliest day my period *could* come - my cycles
varied from 28 - 36 days but most generally came around day 32. So we
left on what was around day 30. I forced myself to not take a single
pregnancy test the whole 10 days we were gone and each day I had no
period, well, my suspicions got stronger.
Cahty Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

Jenrose
January 18th 05, 10:37 PM
"Cathy Weeks" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> carl jones wrote:
>
>> Please share your story with me. I am doing research on conception
>> intuitions and would like anecdotal stories.
>
> Nope. Not me. We had been trying for 8 months, and EACH month I
> thought I was pregnant - had all the symptoms, and then my period
> started. When I actually did get pregnant, I had zero symptoms, and no
> "feeling"

lol!
That's what I call the, "My guaranteed sign my period is coming is "knowing"
I'm pregnant. My guaranteed sign my period is NOT coming is feeling like it
will show up 'any minute now'," syndrome.

Jenrose

arachne
January 19th 05, 04:06 AM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:44:06 -0500, carl jones wrote:
>
>> It sounds to me like you were consciously or subconsciously aware of your
>> time of ovulation. You say you know what is going to happen about 3-4
>> days
>> before you get your period. Can you flesh that out a bit?
>
> Sure. When I am not pregnant, I usually feel too normal for my own well
> being. I want to conceive, so I wait for the first minor changes which do
> not come. Emotionally I would say it feels empty inside. I have had one
> cycle where I strongly felt I conceived, yet that suddenly changed into
> that emptiness about a week after ovulation. Whether it was a conception
> or not, I will never truly know. This is why I don't trust the feelings
> right after ovulation, but rather go with what I feel before I get my
> period.
>
> I have thought about this a lot, and I am not sure it is necessarily
> always a feeling I have. Since I was actively TTC, and am quite in tune
> with my body, I tend to notice minor chances quite early. I am not always
> conciously aware of them, but my mind may well be. In retrospect it is
> easy to point out these changes, and they are always the typical pregancy
> symptoms, but it is hard to describe when I am in the middle of them.
>
> On the other hand, with my first miscarriage I just knew something was
> wrong from the start. It felt totally wrong, empty and black. Not until
> the 10th week was it confirmed that I had a blighted ovum, no embryo,
> which fitted exactly with what I felt. Noone has given me a reasonable
> explanation for this. I didn't have this strong feeling with any of the
> subsequent miscarriages, but each time there was an embryo, which may have
> altered my conception of things.

ilse, you just described how i feel in early pregnancy & with m/c's.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th August 2002

"In these matters the only certainty is that nothing is certain." -- Pliny
the Elder (23 AD - 79 AD)

carl jones
January 22nd 05, 01:16 AM
"Melania" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> yeah . . . my point there was actually that I only had intuition when I
> *was not* pregnant, and therefore had anti-intuition. Or something. As
> in, my intuition is so non-existent that whenever I think I'm pregnant
> it's a sure sign I'm not.
>
> So, care to explain yourself in the face of Andrea's claims? They are
> far-reaching and quite convincing.

Melania, I have already answered Andrea's post and I can't think of anything
else to say about the matter.

Carl

carl jones
January 22nd 05, 01:30 AM
"Ilse Witch" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:44:06 -0500, carl jones wrote:
>
> > It sounds to me like you were consciously or subconsciously aware of
your
> > time of ovulation. You say you know what is going to happen about 3-4
days
> > before you get your period. Can you flesh that out a bit?
>
> Sure. When I am not pregnant, I usually feel too normal for my own well
> being. I want to conceive, so I wait for the first minor changes which do
> not come. Emotionally I would say it feels empty inside.

This is your feeling that you have *not* conceived? Sorry, I'm a little slow
today.

I have had one cycle where I strongly felt I conceived, yet that suddenly
changed into
> that emptiness about a week after ovulation. Whether it was a conception
> or not, I will never truly know. This is why I don't trust the feelings
> right after ovulation, but rather go with what I feel before I get my
> period.

You might have been feeling the subtle changes that come with ovulation. Do
you think?

> I have thought about this a lot, and I am not sure it is necessarily
> always a feeling I have. Since I was actively TTC,

What is TTC?

and am quite in tune
> with my body, I tend to notice minor chances quite early. I am not always
> conciously aware of them, but my mind may well be. In retrospect it is
> easy to point out these changes, and they are always the typical pregancy
> symptoms, but it is hard to describe when I am in the middle of them.

Is this before you would ordinarily perceive pregnancy symptoms?

> On the other hand, with my first miscarriage I just knew something was
> wrong from the start. It felt totally wrong, empty and black. Not until
> the 10th week was it confirmed that I had a blighted ovum, no embryo,
> which fitted exactly with what I felt. Noone has given me a reasonable
> explanation for this. I didn't have this strong feeling with any of the
> subsequent miscarriages, but each time there was an embryo, which may have
> altered my conception of things.

I like the way you put this and I would like to quote you with your
permission - I won't use your real name ( I always change names so as to
protect privacy)

I have heard of miscarriage intuitions from other women. One woman, while
taking a country drive, suddenly felt, "I don't think this baby is going to
be anything." Shortly afterward, she miscarried. The difficult thing is
distinguishing the explicable intuition (based on subliminal impressions
like unconsiously feeling the beginnings of cramping) and the inexplicable
(the mother senses something is wrong but has not had any bleeding or
cramping - it is just a sixth sense.)

I basically believe that women are more in touch with their intuition (both
explicable and inexplicable types) during pregnancy. There are a variety of
reason for this: The mother is more inner focused, the mother is more
senstive to subtle emotional changes, she is more right-brain hemisphere
oriented (and intuition is a right-brain process), the mother is closer to
her unconscious, she is closer to what psychologists call the collective
unconscious, and so on.

Carl

http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?S=R&wauth=Carl+jones&siteID=1JSk6CbYEf0-OvWaQw0CjLv9tUk1mhtPHA#

http://tinyurl.com/4vm2e

carl jones
January 22nd 05, 01:50 AM
"Cathy Weeks" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Nope. Not me. We had been trying for 8 months, and EACH month I
> thought I was pregnant - had all the symptoms, and then my period
> started.

It is very difficult to describe the difference between thought pregnancy
has occurred and an intuition - it is fuzzy around the edges .For me the
intuition felt like something magical had occurred It was a very subtle
feeling. I have collected about a hundred intuition stories that I feel are
genuine and always there is a distinguishing hallmark like "something really
heavy duty happened," or "I don't know how I know, I just know," or the
feeling that something "spiritual" has occurred. The intuition almost always
occurs within 12 hours of lovemaking which is impossible because one cannot
feel such a tiny process as the union of sperm and egg. Or in most cases,
the intuition occurs immediately after lovemaking which is doubly
"impossible" because sperm and egg haven't even united!!

Yet the intuitions - when they have the hallmarks I mentioned - are
invariably correct (or they wouldn't be intuitions :)))

When I actually did get pregnant, I had zero symptoms, and no
> "feeling" (though I was doing the usual avoidance of alcohol during the
> 2nd half of my cycle).

This is the way it is with most women, I think. No special "feeling."

Though, we went on vacation the day my period
> was due (well, the earliest day my period *could* come - my cycles
> varied from 28 - 36 days but most generally came around day 32. So we
> left on what was around day 30. I forced myself to not take a single
> pregnancy test the whole 10 days we were gone and each day I had no
> period, well, my suspicions got stronger.

As you might expect with no period. When did you finally take a pregnancy
test? Was this your first pregnancy?

Carl

Melania
January 22nd 05, 05:20 AM
Mmm. Just not to the satisfaction of a sizeable portion of the ng's
members.

But, we are free to ignore your posts, and that's really the only
sensible thing for us to do.

carl jones
January 22nd 05, 06:00 AM
"Jenrose" > wrote in message
news:1105872055.fc1ce7ccd9469078325cc337f73a5212@t eranews...

Hi Jenrose,

I saw in a post from Todd something about Jan Tritten being your former
employer. What's the story with that? I am just interested because I know
Jan from way back when I used to write for Midwifery Today -- but I haven't
spoken to her in ten years. Do you or did you work with her?

Carl

Welches
January 22nd 05, 12:45 PM
"carl jones" > wrote in message

> "Cathy Weeks" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>

>> Nope. Not me. We had been trying for 8 months, and EACH month I
>> thought I was pregnant - had all the symptoms, and then my period
>> started.
>
> It is very difficult to describe the difference between thought pregnancy
> has occurred and an intuition - it is fuzzy around the edges .For me the
> intuition felt like something magical had occurred It was a very subtle
> feeling. I have collected about a hundred intuition stories that I feel
> are
> genuine and always there is a distinguishing hallmark like "something
> really
> heavy duty happened," or "I don't know how I know, I just know," or the
> feeling that something "spiritual" has occurred. The intuition almost
> always
> occurs within 12 hours of lovemaking which is impossible because one
> cannot
> feel such a tiny process as the union of sperm and egg. Or in most cases,
> the intuition occurs immediately after lovemaking which is doubly
> "impossible" because sperm and egg haven't even united!!

I think you've just answered your own "research" there.

> Yet the intuitions - when they have the hallmarks I mentioned - are
> invariably correct (or they wouldn't be intuitions :)))
You mean they are forgotten or put down to something else "magical
happening" if not pregnant.
Self fulfilling prophesy.
Thought: "I had a magical feeling something must have happened: I'm
pregnant/best friend is pregnant/ friend got engaged oh! just M & S was
starting its sale. What a magical reason!
Debbie

tankgirl
January 25th 05, 06:09 PM
I was hoping to see more stories like my own. Instead I will look loony. Oh
well, here goes...

I frequently write down my dreams. Back on December 15, 2002, I had a
strange dream. In my dream we were lying in bed as usual. The front door
of the home can be seen from the loft that the bed is in. Suddenly I could
hear the front door opening, someone is knocking. "Who's there?" I
struggle to say, but the words won't come out. I am overwhelmed with a
sense of intrusion, helpless, unable to speak. Someone is trying to get
into my house! I realize that I am dreaming at this point and attempt to
wake up, but I can't. In this state of semi-consiousness I am actually
whimpering aloud "Who's there? Who's there?" in a panic, but I can't move
and I can't wake up. This wakes my husband up and he in turn wakes me up.
Obviously disturbed, he comforts me and I tell him about the dream and
make him go downstairs and make sure the the front door is locked. I
didn't know it at the time (we wearn't ttc), but that was the night we
conceived. And yes, I'm sure about the date. That little "intruder" is
almost 17 months old now.

Fast forward 1 year. We have decided to try to for another baby. It is my
first month off of the pill. August 2004. I've forgotten about the dream,
until I had it again. Different setting, same concept. The dream this time
involved a cat pawing at our bedroom door, slowly opening it. Freaking
out, can't move, "who's there"... I won't explain it again, it was the
same thing. I got my period early that month. Later I found out that I had
a luetel phase defect and went on medication (progesterone) for it. It is
entirely possible (and I believe that it is true) that we did get pregnany
that month and had an early miscarriage.

5 long months of trying and failing later, December 18, 2004.
Approxamitely 15 hours after I ovulated. 5am. Same dream. This time it is
a cat at the bathroom door. Otherwise it's exactly the same dream.
Physically I felt great. No pregnancy symptoms at all. In fact I was
convinced that because of how great I felt, that I was NOT pregnant. I got
a positive home pregnancy test at 15 days past ovulation.

Believe me, I know how crazy this sounds. I've only just told my husband
about all of this for fear of being laughed out of town. Logically, how
can we know when conception occurs? There is no physical evidence of it
until many days later. But an "intruder" trying to get into my "house"? As
crazy as it seems, as far-fetched as it sounds, looking back at the timing
and the nature of the dreams, I believe that my subconsious was telling me
that we conceived. Nothing will convince me otherwise. I think I will
name our daughter Cate.

tankgirl
January 25th 05, 06:14 PM
[...]

January 28th 05, 12:05 AM
"tankgirl" > wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
>I was hoping to see more stories like my own. Instead I will look loony. Oh
> well, here goes...
>
> I frequently write down my dreams. Back on December 15, 2002, I had a
> strange dream. In my dream we were lying in bed as usual. The front door
> of the home can be seen from the loft that the bed is in. Suddenly I could
> hear the front door opening, someone is knocking. "Who's there?" I
> struggle to say, but the words won't come out. I am overwhelmed with a
> sense of intrusion, helpless, unable to speak. Someone is trying to get
> into my house! I realize that I am dreaming at this point and attempt to
> wake up, but I can't. In this state of semi-consiousness I am actually
> whimpering aloud "Who's there? Who's there?" in a panic, but I can't move
> and I can't wake up. This wakes my husband up and he in turn wakes me up.
> Obviously disturbed, he comforts me and I tell him about the dream and
> make him go downstairs and make sure the the front door is locked. I
> didn't know it at the time (we wearn't ttc), but that was the night we
> conceived. And yes, I'm sure about the date. That little "intruder" is
> almost 17 months old now.
>
> Fast forward 1 year. We have decided to try to for another baby. It is my
> first month off of the pill. August 2004. I've forgotten about the dream,
> until I had it again. Different setting, same concept. The dream this time
> involved a cat pawing at our bedroom door, slowly opening it. Freaking
> out, can't move, "who's there"... I won't explain it again, it was the
> same thing. I got my period early that month. Later I found out that I had
> a luetel phase defect and went on medication (progesterone) for it. It is
> entirely possible (and I believe that it is true) that we did get pregnany
> that month and had an early miscarriage.
>
> 5 long months of trying and failing later, December 18, 2004.
> Approxamitely 15 hours after I ovulated. 5am. Same dream. This time it is
> a cat at the bathroom door. Otherwise it's exactly the same dream.
> Physically I felt great. No pregnancy symptoms at all. In fact I was
> convinced that because of how great I felt, that I was NOT pregnant. I got
> a positive home pregnancy test at 15 days past ovulation.
>
> Believe me, I know how crazy this sounds. I've only just told my husband
> about all of this for fear of being laughed out of town. Logically, how
> can we know when conception occurs? There is no physical evidence of it
> until many days later. But an "intruder" trying to get into my "house"? As
> crazy as it seems, as far-fetched as it sounds, looking back at the timing
> and the nature of the dreams, I believe that my subconsious was telling me
> that we conceived. Nothing will convince me otherwise. I think I will
> name our daughter Cate.

they sound connected to me! i think cate would be a very appropriate name!